Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 10:13   #1921
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Arent these of the same spec as that of the stock ?
All I meant was that, I have used them for around 40k each on my Esteem as 175/70R13 specs. Jazz has done 8k on stock setup and I will upsize them only after they reach 20k.

From what I have heard of Michelin PST, they are excellent in comfort ride and road noise but just good at handling corners. This is from a distant friend who has them on his Punto, I am not aware what he had earlier. Even my experience with XM2 is similar when compared to ER60, good in ride and road noise but OK in handling corners, braking abilities were almost similar in both in all conditions.

Hope this helps.
Old 5th October 2016, 10:20   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
All I meant was that, I have used them for around 40k each on my Esteem as 175/70R13 specs. Jazz has done 8k on stock setup and I will upsize them only after they reach 20k.

From what I have heard of Michelin PST, they are excellent in comfort ride and road noise but just good at handling corners. This is from a distant friend who has them on his Punto, I am not aware what he had earlier. Even my experience with XM2 is similar when compared to ER60, good in ride and road noise but OK in handling corners, braking abilities were almost similar in both in all conditions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Varun.

I had posted the similar query on the Jazz tyre upgrade thread and the way the comments are going ! I feel I should relook at upgrading as it turns out to be a lot of things that I would have to sacrifice by simply upgrading for road comfort ?

Any thoughts here on the upgrade from 175/65 to 195/60 ?
Old 5th October 2016, 11:09   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post

Any thoughts here on the upgrade from 175/65 to 195/60 ?
195/60 will provide a wider road contact patch, so little potholes and bumps might get soaked in better way. A little better handling and braking can be guaranteed with this. Steering feel might also get a little better (responsive, less twitchy) but this is just a guess. My switch from ER60 to XM2 had made steering a little lighter which was not to my liking.

These are my personal views and bhpians with actual experience with 195/60 will be better to narrate.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 18:00   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
195/60 will provide a wider road contact patch, so little potholes and bumps might get soaked in better way. A little better handling and braking can be guaranteed with this. Steering feel might also get a little better (responsive, less twitchy) but this is just a guess.
Yes indeed! The issues with wider rubber are, there'll be a drop in fuel efficiency and steering gets a tad heavier. Since there'll be an increase in sidewall height by 2.85%, the ride quality gets better.
Pferdestarke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 18:54   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Yes indeed! The issues with wider rubber are, there'll be a drop in fuel efficiency and steering gets a tad heavier. Since there'll be an increase in sidewall height by 2.85%, the ride quality gets better.
If you have already switched to this size then, may i know how much dip in efficiency has been observed by you?

Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 19:37   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
If you have already switched to this size then, may i know how much dip in efficiency has been observed by you?

Thanks
I've just up sized to Michelin primacy 3st 195/60. Have only driven for about 300kms on it but most of it on the highway. I barely ran the stock tyres for 300kms before I decided that an upsize was absolutely necessary.

My experience so far, better ride but most importantly much better cornering and a lot of difference in steering feel. All for the better. The car feels completely different. I hated the light and twitchy steering with stock tyres.

Cannot comment on mileage as it's too early. But I'm getting 11kmpl in city use. Got about 15kmpl on the highway expecting these figures to improve with time.
zombiedriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 14:17   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
These are my personal views and bhpians with actual experience with 195/60 will be better to narrate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
My experience so far, better ride but most importantly much better cornering and a lot of difference in steering feel. All for the better. The car feels completely different. I hated the light and twitchy steering with stock tyres.
I am anyway holding my upgrade decision for now. The car has driven around 200KM, though i felt the tyres not adding up to the ride comfort, my sister felt it to be ok. So I thought I would wait till the MRF is aged and then look at an upgrade.
Old 10th October 2016, 10:59   #1928
BHPian

Finally booked a SV MT Petrol Urban Titanium with Capital Honda, Chennai. After a lot of haggling, SA said he would provide accessories worth 15k (although I doubt the cost would be that much). This includes Beige Seat covers (the VX black seat covers is designed for magic seats it seems), floor mats, mud flaps, Step light illumination.
eyesice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 11:37   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Finally booked a SV MT Petrol Urban Titanium with Capital Honda, Chennai. After a lot of haggling, SA said he would provide accessories worth 15k (although I doubt the cost would be that much). This includes Beige Seat covers (the VX black seat covers is designed for magic seats it seems), floor mats, mud flaps, Step light illumination.
There is another black seat cover available from Honda accessories which is compatible with SV/V styles seats. Do check out my review for images, and ask your dealer to provide those.
Old 10th October 2016, 13:58   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
I got my V CVT about 10 days ago from capital Honda, Pondicherry. They had the same offer for accessories at the time for MT but nothing for CVT. After a lot of haggling they agreed for accessories worth 10k. I got floor mats, car cover and i have asked for black artificial leather seat covers which they didn't have in Stock but promised to get it by the time i take the car in for its first service. It's an OEM Honda product. Please check with the SA
Old 10th October 2016, 14:10   #1931
BHPian

So I was on the highway, driving very relaxed.
These are the results:
I know these are comical, but feels really good to see these kind of figures in the average fuel efficiency.
Full details: I was driving very slow, and was coasting without any throttle input for some distance.
Even I would've taken this as a result of resetting the trip meter, but after about 3km, it's solid :P

Jazz V petrol by the way!

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20161008_075631.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20161008_075912.jpg

On a more serious note, done with my first actual servicing i.e. 3rd free servicing.
Oil change, oil filter change, wheel balancing, alignment and other checks. The final bill was about 5700Rs.

The car feels even smoother after the oil change!! I didn't think it was possible to be any more smooth in the first place!

Last edited by ashishk29 : 10th October 2016 at 14:12.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 07:31   #1932
BHPian

Got my Jazz Diesel 1st free service done recently. Noticed that the instant throttle response is not as good as it was before the servicing. The power / pickup certainly feels lower now. At first, I thought they have done some tuning maybe to increase average, but noticed the average has gone down as well! Used to be around 20kmpl and now it's around 18kmpl. Any insights on what could have caused these issues?
Old 16th October 2016, 11:51   #1933

During the Dusshera long weekend; I had extensively driven Jazz CVT with full load (2 adults, 1 teenager and 1 child) for close to 1000 kms. It is mix of single lane, light ghats, undivided highway and divided toll highways. Route taken: BLR --> Bhadra --> Koppa --> Sringeri --> Agumbe --> BLR

I want to share my experience here for the benefit of forum members.

Being a 1.2 L CVT. I was apprehensive how the car would be in hill/ghat sections and on high ways. I would say the car did admirably well. Got a overall mileage of 16.8 km pl with 50% A/c usage mostly on highways. A/c was not used on the interior roads and hill sections. 60% of driving was my me and 40% by my wife.

Most of the route we took had excellent roads. So the car was just gliding and
silky smooth. Only few small stretches have untarred but well metalled surfaces and Jazz did quite well here. We did not encourter many speed breakers also. Where ever we found one; it is has been a better experience than our Honda city zx.

Our entire driving is during day time and head lights used only for some 30mins. They were decent and no complaints.

Best part of the experience:
- Space, Space, Space (for passengers and for luggage)
- Smooth, refined and stress free driving experience
- Very good NVH (only noise is the tyre noise - may be due to inferior MRF rubber)
- Easy of driving and ease of use of the car. All controls are very easy
- Visibility and Ergonomics are excellent
- Car did reasonably well in hill sections (speeds <50kmph)
- Car did reasonably well in divided high ways
(did not cross 100kmph since car is in run in period)
- We got good mileage for the trip. Hope this improves with the first service
- I had the OEM handrest installed. It is costly but very sturdy and a real boon
for resting the hand. It slides by a decent margin and has a perfect height.

What we did not like:
- A/c takes time and also found that pickup is marginally reduced with A/c
- Engine takes time to build speed. You cannot hurry it up
- Overtaking needs careful planning on undivided highways
(ex: Tumkur Shimoga stretch). Need to use Sport mode with paddles here
- Found Sport mode to be relatively less refined and also eco-indicator is always blue
- My teenager son had difficulty in pairing and streaming bluetooth music
He was able to do; but was not consistent
- Auto door lock or even a central door lock switch is a really needed; do not know
why Honda skipped this important safety feature
- I sat in the back seat only once for a short distance. Seat comfort is good; but
head rest is really bad. They should have given proper adjustable head rests in
V model; which is the highest model with CVT. I am told these are available in Vx
- Found the instantaneous FE indicator to be distracting and not very meaningful.
Just the Green/Blue Eco indicator ring shall be enough I guess.
vsatish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 16:09   #1934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsatish View Post
Best part of the experience:
- Space, Space, Space (for passengers and for luggage)
- Smooth, refined and stress free driving experience
- Very good NVH (only noise is the tyre noise - may be due to inferior MRF rubber)
Absolutely! Amazing space, and such a smooth driving experience. very relaxing to drive for long distances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsatish View Post
What we did not like:
- A/c takes time and also found that pickup is marginally reduced with A/c
- Engine takes time to build speed. You cannot hurry it up
- My teenager son had difficulty in pairing and streaming bluetooth music
He was able to do; but was not consistent
- Auto door lock or even a central door lock switch is a really needed; do not know
why Honda skipped this important safety feature
Exactly. Here I was worried only my AC was a bit slow on the uptake.
Engine does take it's sweet time to build up. The extreme amount of optimisation for fuel economy to blame here

The bluetooth is indeed glitchy at times! I've noticed that if I'm not playing any music or making any calls, the car's system periodically disconnects and then reconnects several times. Have had the same issue with 2 different phones so there's definitely an issue there.

And speed sensitive door locks: I have no idea why car manufacturers are skipping this VERY important feature. I believe even Hyundai doesn't give this? Totally sucks.
But since you have a CVT model you can fix that.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 16:54   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
But since you have a CVT model you can fix that.
Does this really work? Its something I would certainly add on my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks