Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:31   #1996
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Installed the auto door lock chip on the Jazz.
Works well, slot the car in D and the doors lock, slot the car in P and the doors unlock. I won't be missing the lock/unlock button much.
Sorry I didn't get this quite right. Does this mean there is no speed sensing locks in Jazz?
Old 23rd December 2016, 13:20   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Sorry I didn't get this quite right. Does this mean there is no speed sensing locks in Jazz?
No there is no speed sensing locks on the Jazz in India. Its a big miss, even the 16 odd lac Creta AT doesn't have it. I don't understand why when having this feature won't cost the company anything extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Congrats tazmaan. Can you please let me know if this auto door lock is only for Jazz AT or it can work even for Jazz Manual ? Also, it will be helpful if you can detail the installation steps. Not sure if this modification voids the warranty..!!!
It only works with Auto. The installation was as simple as plugging in an USB. Just had to plug the device in the OBD port. Regarding Warranty I am not sure but it take a couple of seconds to remove it. I will remove it before every service.
Old 23rd December 2016, 19:01   #1998
BHPian

On my VX, I am seeing that my ICE system hangs often when on long drives. I was on hyderabad-mantralaya road trip, and had navigation on. The system froze thrice, and luckily I could use my phone to continue navigation as I was going through some inside roads. The touchscreen was totally unresponsive, and music stopped playing too. I had navigation on, and was playing music from my USB drive.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? I haven't seen this on shorter 1-2 hour drives. It started happening after 2.5-3 hours into our journey.
Old 24th December 2016, 11:43   #1999
BHPian

Some jealous kids have scratched the bonnet of my jazz sv. The scratches are deep on my golden metallic brown color and everytime I see them I get depressed.
After lot of research I ordered Formula 1 Carnauba wax from Amazon to get rid of the scratch marks, but to my dismay this hasn't helped the cause. Though the car got a brilliant shine after the use of wax. Looks like I have to live with these scratches.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 12:23   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Some jealous kids have scratched the bonnet of my jazz sv. The scratches are deep on my golden metallic brown color and everytime I see them I get depressed.
After lot of research I ordered Formula 1 Carnauba wax from Amazon to get rid of the scratch marks, but to my dismay this hasn't helped the cause. Though the car got a brilliant shine after the use of wax. Looks like I have to live with these scratches.
So sad to hear that! :( The same has happened with my City when some kids thought of the bonnet as a sketch pad (or whatever) spoiling the Red Pearls beauty!

I use Meguiars Ultimate Compound, although a bit expensive it'll get the job done for any kind of scratches/scrapes that get on the car. Now the scratches won't completely go away but will be hidden to the extent that you'll have to search for it in certain lighting conditions. Maybe, if you put in a lot of elbow grease you might just get rid of them.
If you can feel the scratches with your nails you might just have to live with it.

P.S I am not advertising the product, it just gives results better than anything I've tried previously.
Ruchir031 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 12:43   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post

I think com-paint will solve your issue. Visit their website and check if they have your color. http://com-paint.com/
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 13:40   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
And I came across below article which says, we can customize the functionality/feature. Can the other jazz please comment on this.
I tried it but to no luck. That confirms Jazz sold in India are without speed sensing door lock. I told you.

Last edited by varunswnt : 24th December 2016 at 13:45.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 15:40   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I tried it but to no luck. That confirms Jazz sold in India are without speed sensing door lock. I told you.
Even my jazz 2016 sv do not have auto lock feature and I feel in a premium hatchback like this it should have been provided. Having said that, I don't really miss the auto lock facility as I have developed a habit of locking the driver side door manually which results in all the doors getting locked automatically. Few things set in with all of us as time goes on and this manual locking habit kicked in within 15 days of my vehicle purchase.
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2016, 18:15   #2004
BHPian

Facing rattle issue specially after 20k service. Car making a rattling sound from the driver side panel over right window and from the co-driver seat (when somebody sits over it). Anybody faced this before / if yes how it was addressed. I am planning to show them to service tomorrow. Mine is V model iDtec ,22.5 odo reading, no issues faced so far
Old 25th December 2016, 19:43   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Facing rattle issue specially after 20k service. Car making a rattling sound from the driver side panel over right window and from the co-driver seat (when somebody sits over it).
One thing I can suggest you is,

Roll the driver side window all the way down. After few seconds, roll it till halfway, again roll it down. Do this 2-3 times. Do this preferably at low speeds, in order to detect the sound. You'll hear a slightly different sound when you repeat the above step. After sometime, this rattle will vanish.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine who has a VX Diesel. I did the same (Last Month) and the rattle hasn't appeared since 1 month. I am not sure whether the same will work in you're car also, but give it a try.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 14:41   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Roll the driver side window all the way down. After few seconds, roll it till halfway, again roll it down. Do this 2-3 times.
Thanks for your suggestion CarguyNish. I tried your method in the morning (at low speeds) but rattle remained. Therefore, I took the car to Service nearby my house, they worked on it for about 2 hours & fixed that (they could remove 90% of the rattle I would say). And as I did my 20K service very recently, I wasn't charged anything as well I will update if the issue resurfaces.
dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 19:52   #2007
BHPian

Hello Fellow BHPians, its my first post here. Really excited to join you guys!

I had a question in mind, related to Honda Jazz, and I believe there is no better place to get an answer; so here I am with my question!

I have booked Honda Jazz Petrol VX MT, and expecting delivery by first week of January. I am getting a typical December discount. After seeing WRV pics and getting to know about its launch date as March, 2017 (as claimed by few portals), I am kind of confused. Shall I wait for WRV or go ahead with Jazz?

From looks perspective, both are OK to me. Its added practicality of higher ground clearance, cladding and hope for a better infotainment system, that is luring me towards WRV. On the other side, lower price & discount (not sure how Honda would mark up the price for WRV) make Jazz a better value proposition IMO. Really confused here, help!
Old 29th December 2016, 16:28   #2008
Team-BHP Support

Does the Top End Automatic trim come with auto-door lock?

Please help as my close friend picked it up last week and he is confused about the absence of such an important feature!!
Old 29th December 2016, 16:38   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Does the Top End Automatic trim come with auto-door lock?

Please help as my close friend picked it up last week and he is confused about the absence of such an important feature!!
It doesn't come with Autolock function, but can be programmed manually. The procedure is mentioned in the manual. Refer the link below for detailed steps.

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Thanks CarguyNish.

We did this:

Attachment 1589474

But it did not do anything.
I called up my friend who was just leaving office. So he asked his driver to pullover. Shifted it to P. Depress brake pedal. Slot into D and move forward.
The car did not autolock.
There is a custom step to do. The door must be closed before starting this step. Check this attachment

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20161229_165551.jpg

Last edited by CarguyNish : 29th December 2016 at 16:57.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 16:47   #2010
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
It doesn't come with Autolock function, but can be programmed manually. The procedure is mentioned in the manual. Refer the link below for detailed steps.

Link
Thanks CarguyNish.

We did this:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-croppedbigstockdiamondjewelhighresolution.jpg

But it did not do anything.
I called up my friend who was just leaving office. So he asked his driver to pullover. Shifted it to P. Depress brake pedal. Slot into D and move forward.
The car did not autolock.

EDIT: Just noticed that we need to buy a device to get this feature enabled.
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...azz+speed+lock

Last edited by bblost : 29th December 2016 at 16:53.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed