BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

How does the Ride and Handling on Jazz compare to that of Swift
Old 14th August 2017, 11:26   #2207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreey View Post
For my Jazz V cvt, first service was done and the bill amount was zero.
No issues with the car to report at the time of first service.
Went for a one day trip to Mysore from Bangalore last weekend with the family.
We did not go above 90kmph and most of the time it was 60 kmph.
For the over all trip the average mileage is 17kmpl. This includes the roaming around in the Mysore city. We visited Mysore palace, Zoo and Brindavan Gardens.
I am happy with the driving experience and the mileage.
Looking forward for more road trips.
Congratulations on your Jazz CVT. 17 Kmpkl with highway and some city driving is really good. Where do you use your car daily? What kind of fuel efficiency are you getting in city traffic?

I am contemplating on an automatic transmission car. Previously I had this bad feeling about CVTs but after reading more about the present day CVTs, I think they make sense, and it would not be wise if I do not consider any of them.
Old 14th August 2017, 18:34   #2208
BHPian

Honda's made a Jazz hot hatch!

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/hot...jazz-hot-hatch

128bhp 1.5-litre petrol engine

Honda should bring this here. From the reviews, it looks like 1.2L is not that great compared to City's 1.5L.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda_jazz_9.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda_jazz_7.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda_jazz_5.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda_jazz_6.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda_jazz_2.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda_jazz_1.jpg  

amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 15:33   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
How does the Ride and Handling on Jazz compare to that of Swift
I have owned both. Jazz rides smoother than Swift but does not feel as rugged as Swift on harsh roads. Jazz wants to be pampered all the time.

I found handling bit better on Jazz (may be due to longer wheelbase). But definitely Jazz does not have as much body roll as Swift during sharp turns.

Overall -
Jazz's moto is "Pamper me and you will be pampered back !"
Swift's moto is "Pamper me or torture me, you get same level of service !"
abhaybakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 15:38   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Honda's made a Jazz hot hatch!

128bhp 1.5-litre petrol engine

Honda should bring this here. From the reviews, it looks like 1.2L is not that great compared to City's 1.5L.
If Honda upgrade to this engine, add features like LED headlights, DRL, Carplay/Android Auto, Push start, auto locking doors etc, add a bit of GC and not price it greedily this would be the hatchback to beat.

But knowing Honda and that WR-V was launched just recently with above features except the engine, I don't see this happening for Jazz in India in near future. May be late 2018 or early 2019 depending on market forces.
Old 17th August 2017, 17:44   #2211
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I test drove the Honda Jazz CVT.

Made sure that TD track had some sections of highway, some traffic dense roads, steep inclines, uneven roads and then some nice, wide and smooth curvy roads.

As I read from most reviews, Jazz CVT gave the most involving drives and the most responsive engine experience, but I am not very impressed with this car after the TD.

During the TD, tried the S mode with manual shift on a straight stretch, floored and shifted but somehow I felt that the acceleration wasn't up to the mark for an 89ps(?) engine. Overall, the peppiness was far from being felt. I know it is a CVT and it will be much different than a manual gearbox or DCT experience but this feeling stays while being totally mindful that it is a CVT.

I was contemplating on getting a petrol automatic in this segment but now it looks like I will drift away to buying a turbo diesel with manual transmission, or may be a DCT.

Last edited by clevermax : 17th August 2017 at 17:48.
Old 17th August 2017, 18:12   #2212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I was contemplating on getting a petrol automatic in this segment but now it looks like I will drift away to buying a turbo diesel with manual transmission, or may be a DCT.
The only petrol auto that is fun to drive is the Polo GT TSI. Second one is the Figo DCT. The Jazz CVT is a good A-B commuter. As mentioned in our review the paddles are gimmicky and more useful for engine braking.

The most fun of the lot and a good overall package is the Ameo Diesel DSG which is priced well and has a lot of kit with a stonking 110PS diesel engine and 7 speed DSG.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 00:22   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yesterday I test drove the Honda Jazz CVT.

Made sure that TD track had some sections of highway, some traffic dense roads, steep inclines, uneven roads and then some nice, wide and smooth curvy roads.

As I read from most reviews, Jazz CVT gave the most involving drives and the most responsive engine experience, but I am not very impressed with this car after the TD.

During the TD, tried the S mode with manual shift on a straight stretch, floored and shifted but somehow I felt that the acceleration wasn't up to the mark for an 89ps(?) engine. Overall, the peppiness was far from being felt. I know it is a CVT and it will be much different than a manual gearbox or DCT experience but this feeling stays while being totally mindful that it is a CVT.

Jazz AT does what's it does best which is silent, reliable, A TO B commuter, one of the most spacious hatchback, with satisfactory performance on highway.

These are the things I wanted and no rattles after 2 years is added bonus.

So if these things tick the right boxes buy the Jazz!!! 👍
Old 18th August 2017, 23:06   #2214
BHPian

A quick question : Which has better structural strength, Jazz or Baleno? Is WRV better than Jazz in this aspect?
Old 20th August 2017, 19:40   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
A quick question : Which has better structural strength, Jazz or Baleno? Is WRV better than Jazz in this aspect?
We cannot judge structural strength until we see some crash tests. Also the structural strength cannot be judged by the weight of the car or weight of a component (ex: heavy doors).

For example, Toyota Etios has a light build quality but earned 4 stars in NCAP rating.

We don't have a clear idea regarding structural strength in Indian cars. I don't have any high hopes. That said Maruti says Baleno is built with high safety standards as you can see in their brochure.

So the short answer is, we don't have an answer until we see some professional crash tests.
Attached Images

Old 25th August 2017, 00:59   #2216
BHPian

I have been facing an issue for the past 2 weeks in my 2 month old Jazz. At random times, slotting into 3rd from 2nd becomes a pain with the lever not getting into the gate smoothly and sometimes it just doesn’t slot into 3rd at all. I have to shift to some other gear and then try to shift to 3rd again and it works then. I’m concerned if I have somehow messed up the gear box even though I don’t handle it harsh. Anyone can help me diagnose what could be the problem?
Old 25th August 2017, 08:36   #2217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I have been facing an issue for the past 2 weeks in my 2 month old Jazz. At random times, slotting into 3rd from 2nd becomes a pain with the lever not getting into the gate smoothly and sometimes it just doesn’t slot into 3rd at all. I have to shift to some other gear and then try to shift to 3rd again and it works then. I’m concerned if I have somehow messed up the gear box even though I don’t handle it harsh. Anyone can help me diagnose what could be the problem?
Make sure you press the clutch completely before you engage the 3rd gear.
All this may need is some grease and probably a check to ensure the clutch does not have any play.
Old 25th August 2017, 10:05   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Make sure you press the clutch completely before you engage the 3rd gear.
All this may need is some grease and probably a check to ensure the clutch does not have any play.
I'm sure I'm pressing in the clutch well as I could shift back to 2nd or up to 4th just fine without releasing the clutch when it happens. It's the 3rd gear's gate which I have problem with and only at random unexpected times, not always.

Have to go to the dealership to collect RC anyway, will ask the workshop to check once.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 25th August 2017 at 10:16.
Old 25th August 2017, 17:54   #2219
BHPian

Completed 44000 for my iDtec!

Overall journey was fantastic, other than slight rattles (at 20K) which was addressed by service team, more or less trouble free experience.

Surely one of the most spacious hatchbacks - with superb FE, its between 20-22kmpl with 70% city traffic, its really great. I really dont care about the NVH as mine is 100% AC with windows always rolled up

Need one quick help - I feel the tyres need to be replaced ASAP, any suggestions? Currently I am with stock tyres Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 175/65 R15 84T. Heard about Michelin XM2 very much, will it be good for my iDtec?
Old 25th August 2017, 19:16   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Completed 44000 for my iDtec!

Overall journey was fantastic, other than slight rattles (at 20K) which was addressed by service team, more or less trouble free experience.

Surely one of the most spacious hatchbacks - with superb FE, its between 20-22kmpl with 70% city traffic, its really great. I really dont care about the NVH as mine is 100% AC with windows always rolled up

Need one quick help - I feel the tyres need to be replaced ASAP, any suggestions? Currently I am with stock tyres Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 175/65 R15 84T. Heard about Michelin XM2 very much, will it be good for my iDtec?
If you are planning to replace tyres, better opt for an upsize too & check Michelin Primacy 3ST in 195/60 R 15. They are way better than XM2 and give superior ride.
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed