Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2017, 02:01   #2221
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Honda Jazz Privilege Edition launched. Anyone going for a change? (I mean, replacing existing head unit with the new one)...

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...36-lakh-405776
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 02:09   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Has Honda released any software update for the VX trim AVN? I will be surprised if they do - they asked me to purchase INR 500 update from MapMyIndia for the navigation. The system continues to be extremely buggy and slow.

Is there any unofficial software update available for that system?
I would recommend to go for the update. Though the system is slow in responding, it definitely has been a saviour in numerous occasions specially when your phone battery dries out.

The latest update is BlackEdition 14 (I think). Its definitely better than the stock version which we got from Honda and probably a much needed update for us after using it since the car purchase 2 years now (for me).
Old 26th August 2017, 08:03   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Completed 44000 for my iDtec! Currently I am with stock tyres Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 175/65 R15 84T. Heard about Michelin XM2 very much, will it be good for my iDtec?
I am using the XM2 195/60 R15 on my iDTEC City and very happy with it. In Bangalore these are going at around 6200 per piece currently. If you ask Honda guys they will scare you against an upsize- ignore them and go ahead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
If you are planning to replace tyres, better opt for an upsize too & check Michelin Primacy 3ST in 195/60 R 15. They are way better than XM2 and give superior ride.
Agree - it maybe worthwhile to move to Primacy 3ST. Some negligible mileage drop would be there as compared to XM2...
Old 26th August 2017, 10:27   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
The latest update is BlackEdition 14 (I think). Its definitely better than the stock version which we got from Honda and probably a much needed update for us after using it since the car purchase 2 years now (for me).
Is the BlackEdition an update of the maps or the AVN unit itself? My AVN unit freezes if I have navigation on for an hour or so. The service center guys took it out for more than an hour and they couldn't repro it. But couple of months later, it still happened for me.
Old 26th August 2017, 14:14   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz 'Privilege Edition' launched at Rs. 7.36 lakh

The Honda Jazz Privilege Edition has been launched at a starting price of Rs. 7.36 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Privilege Edition comes with improved infotainment and some additional features. It is available on petrol (manual / CVT) and diesel versions of the Jazz but only in V trim.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz1.jpg

The Jazz Privilege Edition gets rear parking sensors as standard and 'Privilege Edition' emblems on the exterior. Inside, you get Privilege Edition beige seat cover and floor mats, 7.0-inch infotainment system with built-in satellite navigation, voice commands, Bluetooth, smartphone voice assistant activation, 1.5 GB of internal memory and an optional Wi-Fi receiver for accessing the Internet. The system comes with Mirror Link support.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz2.jpg

Additionally, it gets the Honda Connect features including online service and booking notification, manual SOS feature, nearest Honda dealer and fuel station locater, insurance and PUC renewal reminders, fuel log records, impact alert, locate my car feature, trip analysis and car health monitor.

Other features that are standard on the V trim include dual airbags, ABS, automatic air-conditioning, rear camera, multi-information combination meter, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVM and rear view camera. The CVT version gets paddle shifts behind the steering wheel.

The 1,199cc petrol engine pumps out 89 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 110 Nm @ 4,800 rpm. The i-DTEC diesel engine displaces 1,498cc and puts out 99 BHP @ 3,600 rpm and 200 Nm @ 1,750 rpm. Both engines come with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, while the petrol is offered with an optional CVT.

Prices:

V MT Privilege Edition (petrol) - Rs. 7.36 lakh

V CVT Privilege Edition (petrol) - Rs. 8.42 lakh

V MT Privilege Edition (diesel) - Rs. 8.82 lakh

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 15:15   #2226
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz 'Privilege Edition' launched at Rs. 7.36 lakh

Wait, Jazz V Privilege Edition ex-showroom (Delhi) price is only 4K more than the standard edition? The accessories included are useful and well worth more than 4K if you decide to accessorize separately. In addition, Honda Connect alone was pitched as 9k (1 yr subscription included) to me when I bought my Jazz which I declined.

Maybe I’m missing something but it looks like a no-brainer to choose Privilege edition over the standard edition.
Yieldway17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 10:38   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Need one quick help - I feel the tyres need to be replaced ASAP, any suggestions? Currently I am with stock tyres Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 175/65 R15 84T. Heard about Michelin XM2 very much, will it be good for my iDtec?
I recently upgraded from stock MRF to Primacy 3 ST 195/60 r15 for 6000/tyre. Quite happy.

Read more here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html

Can anyone advice which after market brake pad to buy for my 2012 honda jazz?

Last edited by moh1t : 27th August 2017 at 11:08.
Old 27th August 2017, 13:34   #2228
BHPian

Folks,

Not sure, if this issue is already discussed. Anybody experiencing the irritating screeching sound, when applying brakes. My Jazz VX i-Vtec is suffering from this for quite some time now.

I got brake pads cleaned but to no avail. Any inputs on this, Thanks in Advance!
Old 27th August 2017, 23:38   #2229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas21 View Post
Folks,

Not sure, if this issue is already discussed. Anybody experiencing the irritating screeching sound, when applying brakes. My Jazz VX i-Vtec is suffering from this for quite some time now.

I got brake pads cleaned but to no avail. Any inputs on this, Thanks in Advance!

Does it occur always or only when you are starting off after the car has been resting for sometime? If this is what you are observing then it might be rusting of the brake disks. It's not a cause of worry as brake disks are prone to rusting in wet weather. When you are starting off the pads rub against this rust along with dirt and create that sound. This sound goes away after driving a few kilometres and comes back after resting for more than a few hours.

However, if the sound does not go away, would suggest you to look at brake pad wear.
Old 28th August 2017, 07:49   #2230
BHPian

We have booked the Jazz V-MT (petrol) for my dad, to be delivered in Sept 1st week. Seeing the news about this privilege edition, we contacted the dealer asking him to upgrade us to the privilege edition. With parking sensors, better infotainment and seat covers, all for an increase of 5000/-, it is a no-brainer.
However, the dealer replied that we would have to pay ~25000/- more for the privilege edition. On V-MT, Honda is offering free insurance, which is not part of the deal for privilege edition.
Anyway,we still have upgrade to the privilege edition owing to the niceties it offers.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 11:31   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
We have booked the Jazz V-MT (petrol) for my dad, to be delivered in Sept 1st week. Seeing the news about this privilege edition, we contacted the dealer asking him to upgrade us to the privilege edition. With parking sensors, better infotainment and seat covers, all for an increase of 5000/-, it is a no-brainer.
However, the dealer replied that we would have to pay ~25000/- more for the privilege edition. On V-MT, Honda is offering free insurance, which is not part of the deal for privilege edition.
Anyway,we still have upgrade to the privilege edition owing to the niceties it offers.
There is 15k cash discount on top of honda assure (insurance). Please check with your dealer once again.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 11:38   #2232
BHPian

Got a chance to take a look at the privilege edition of the Honda Jazz. The AVN(the digipad-a direct lift off from WRV) supports mirror link only afaik and couldn't find any option of android auto or apple car play and as it is an additional fitment,the HDMI-IN is placed in the glovebox. The sales advisor told that there are very limited cars of this variant that have been manufactured. That showroom in Vadodara had received only one unit and it was already booked on the second day of the launch! Considering the 30-40 k discounts on the normal V variant and approx additional 5k on the privilege edition (no discounts), the overall difference could be at around 40k.
Old 28th August 2017, 12:46   #2233
BHPian

Can anybody please confirm if the Jazz previlege edition comes with the driver armrest as in the Amaze previlege edition. Also don't know why they are offering the same sad beige interiors with this variant. Would have been perfect had they launched the previlege edition with the black interiors and magic seats as in the vx variant. And the 1.5litre vtec engine would have taken it to a different level altogether and made it a wow edition instead of previlege edition
rashreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 22:08   #2234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I have been facing an issue for the past 2 weeks in my 2 month old Jazz. At random times, slotting into 3rd from 2nd becomes a pain with the lever not getting into the gate smoothly and sometimes it just doesn’t slot into 3rd at all. I have to shift to some other gear and then try to shift to 3rd again and it works then. I’m concerned if I have somehow messed up the gear box even though I don’t handle it harsh.
Hi Yieldway17,

This sounds strange! Yes, sometimes down-shifting to 2nd gear does resist a bit if the speed is still 20+ kmph, that too only on a leveled road. On an uphill, it effortlessly shifts down to 2nd even at speed 30+ kmph. But absolutely no issues ever faced in slotting her into the 3rd, the gates are precisely defined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
It's the 3rd gear's gate which I have problem with and only at random unexpected times, not always.

Have to go to the dealership to collect RC anyway, will ask the workshop to check once.
Did you get a chance to take this up with HASS? Do you mind sharing the inference with us all on the forum? Thanks.
Old 28th August 2017, 23:37   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Same with us as well. Picking up a V CVT but the upgrade to Privilege edition will cost in excess of 30k minimum owing to lack of discounts being carried forward. But it's not available in my chosen color - Golden Brown Metallic. Dealer says they will get very limited cars and can not commit. He has 2 in other Colors with him already - 1 sold already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Can anybody please confirm if the Jazz previlege edition comes with the driver armrest as in the Amaze previlege edition. Also don't know why they are offering the same sad beige interiors with this variant. Would have been perfect had they launched the previlege edition with the black interiors and magic seats as in the vx variant. And the 1.5litre vtec engine would have taken it to a different level altogether and made it a wow edition instead of previlege edition
No armrest in the Privilege edition. I enquired about it and it costs 16k (unlike Amaze one which costs just 4k). Reason given - it's imported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh1t View Post
I recently upgraded from stock MRF to Primacy 3 ST 195/60 r15 for 6000/tyre. Quite happy.

Read more here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html
That's a great price. I am contemplating upgrade to the same as soon as I pick up the Jazz this week. Mind sharing the location and contact details of the tyre shop. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 28th August 2017 at 23:44.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks