Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2017, 23:49   #2236
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh1t View Post
I recently upgraded from stock MRF to Primacy 3 ST 195/60 r15 for 6000/tyre. Quite happy.
That's a great price. I am contemplating upgrade to the same as soon as I pick up the Jazz this week. Mind sharing the location and contact details of the tyre shop. Thanks in advance.
Got it Mahavir Tyre Shoppe in Vasant Kunj. You'd probably get a similar rate at BK Tyres Lagpat.

Can anyone advice which after market brake pad to buy for my 2012 honda jazz?

Last edited by moh1t : 28th August 2017 at 23:56.
moh1t is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 00:41   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post

Did you get a chance to take this up with HASS? Do you mind sharing the inference with us all on the forum? Thanks.
Yes, I asked the SA to check this and we both went on a test drive with me driving one way and him in return. Couldn’t reproduce it in the short drive.

He was also sure that it was probably due to me not pressing in the clutch fully and refused to check anything in the car asking me to report it in my next service if it comes up again.

And it has not cropped up for about 5 days now and I’m keeping a close eye to see if it happens again.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 07:50   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer says they will get very limited cars and can not commit. He has 2 in other Colors with him already - 1 sold already.
Dealer is right. Honda has produced just 1020 units of Jazz privilege.

Does anyone know what is the difference between WR-V's headunit and the headunit in Jazz VX variant?
The brochure as well as dealer mention the Jazz privilege has the headunit from WR-V and not Jazz VX.

Also attaching an image which was sent by whatsapp to me by the dealer yesterday, highlighting Jazz privilege edition.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20170828wa0005.jpg
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 20:06   #2239
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to drive the Jazz today. Was impressed by the space, the instrument cluster and the steering design. The rear headrest(unless you opt for the VX) though are not usable if you prefer to sit in an upright position and you are 5'2 or above in height. If you want to use the rear headrest, you will be compelled to sit in a manner which is too relaxed for your own sake. This is unlike the City and the Amaze where people upto 5'8 can use the headrest sitting upright.

Coming to the drive, the car felt decent to drive at lower RPM's. The mid-range was a bit flat. However, after 3000 RPM mark, you could feel the engine coming alive. It was like a small boost which kicks in after 3000 RPM. Overall, was impressed by the car. I would definitely pick this car over the petrol i20. Between the Baleno and the Jazz, it would be a close call with Baleno being much more VFM while the Jazz having a better feel to it. In my budget I could afford the Baleno Zeta which is a better value proposition than the Jazz SV.

In short, I went for the test drive not expecting too much and came out impressed. As far as my choice is concerned, it was made last week by booking the Figo TDCI.

P.S.- I didn't like the way the engine sounds and the way the cabin shakes at start. This initial sound and vibration was much more pronounced in the Amaze.

Last edited by AYP : 29th August 2017 at 20:14.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 22:39   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Between the Baleno and the Jazz, it would be a close call with Baleno being much more VFM while the Jazz having a better feel to it. In my budget I could afford the Baleno Zeta which is a better value proposition than the Jazz SV.
Try negotiating harder with the sales rep. I'm picking up a Jazz V CVT tomorrow and the difference I'm paying is less than 15k over the comparable Baleno Zeta CVT. For that amount, Jazz is a much better choice IMHO. Not to mention the unbearable waiting period.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 22:47   #2241
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try negotiating harder with the sales rep. I'm picking up a Jazz V CVT tomorrow and the difference I'm paying is less than 15k over the comparable Baleno Zeta CVT. For that amount, Jazz is a much better choice IMHO. Not to mention the unbearable waiting period.
You are getting an excellent deal mate. However, I am only interested in the MT. Also, the 1.5 TDCI in the Figo is a much better engine that the both of them. Better mileage being a bonus.

Congrats on your booking!
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 12:10   #2242

Hi Team, I am posting it on behalf of my friend:

My Honda Jazz vehicle’s front right side window glass has been acting up for a year or so, quite often I have had to press the master switch 3-4 times to make it move, but it was never completely stuck and would move if the switch was repeatedly pressed. A month back, the car had to be taken to the Honda service center for a major ABS related repair. I had to wait for insurance processing and for the ordered part to be received, so the car was lying idle at the workshop for a month, now the workshop has detected that the mirror is not moving at all. They have suggested changing the ‘winder’ and the ‘master switch’.

My questions:
1. What is meant by ‘winder’ – is it a motor or some other part?
2. Does this really require replacement or one or both parts or could there be a quicker and less expensive fix if sufficiently investigated?
3. The weather is very humid here in Mumbai, could that coupled with the complete non-use of the car for a month have caused moisture deposition, etc. leading to glass getting stuck, and may be this can be fixed by cleaning and lubrication?
4. If one or both (winder and switch) parts need to be replaced, is it a good idea to get it replaced outside of the dealership since it may be cheaper to get it done outside with low risk given these parts are not critical to the running of the car?

Car purchased in Oct of 2010 and and is a petrol Jazz standard version.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
vasantmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 20:52   #2243
BHPian

Dear all,

Greetings from my side.

My Jazz has completed 20,000 kms and have used it for close to 1.5 years. That’s quite a lot of KMs and time for me understand my car on it positives and shortcomings (I don’t even want to use the work negatives).
I am not going to go into the design and looks as it is already dealt in the ownership review.

Space: (5/5)

There is loads of space available and after using it for 1.5 years I can say that it is one of the roomiest hatchback you can get which gives you the feel of a sedan. Full marks to the practicality. I have never run out of space in this car in any of our vacation trips.

Fuel Economy: (4/5)

I understand that this a debatable topic and for me this car delivers close to 12-13 in city and 17-18 in highway. (validated with tank full to tank full method). The MID also show almost close to this value with 0.5-0.8 km/l deviation.

Ride and Handling: (4/5)
I am not a spirited driver and restrict my speed to max 100 in highways. The car I purchased came with MRF tires and I feel that they do the job that’s intended to. Little bit of road noise creeps in.

Cost of Maintenance: (5/5)
The car has till now not given any deep pocket burns and is definitely pocket friendly.

Niggles faced: (2/5 ) Hope Honda you are listening.....
  1. The front passenger seat rattles on uneven roads.
  2. The AVN hangs on continuous usage. This happens if we use navigation and pen drive music option together. Its slow on booting too. This is a common mostly on the VX models.
  3. There is a slight rattling coming from some area below the steering column. Not sure to locate exact location.
  4. There is a slight clutch shudder when starting from stand still. Curious in case some one else face this issue.
  5. Slight grinding noise from the engine on slight acceleration of the vehicle.

Looking forward for some solutions on the niggles faced from other jazz owners.

Service Station:
I usually get the car serviced with Magnum Honda at kanakapura road and i am not happy with the way the issues are resolved.If some one can give me pointers to a better service station along with the service engineer who can take care of the car well will be of help.

Some random Shots:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1327.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1323.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1322.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1319.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_1315.jpg

Last edited by Vivek-Bharathy : 6th September 2017 at 20:56.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 00:40   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Dear all,
Niggles faced: (2/5 ) Hope Honda you are listening.....[list=1][*]The AVN hangs on continuous usage. This happens if we use navigation and pen drive music option together. Its slow on booting too. This is a common mostly on the VX models.
Yes, faced it. AVN given in VX model is crappy. It needs a replacement. Am thinking of going ahead wit the new AVN given in Honda City/Privilege version Honda Jazz. Not sure, if it can be fit.

Quote:
[*]There is a slight rattling coming from some area below the steering column. Not sure to locate exact location.
Faced same problem. Got it fixed in 20k service. No rattles now.

Quote:
Service Station:
I usually get the car serviced with Magnum Honda at kanakapura road and i am not happy with the way the issues are resolved.If some one can give me pointers to a better service station along with the service engineer who can take care of the car well will be of help.
Ditto. Did not like Magnum Honda's service. I just did first free service with them. Did my 20k service (paid service) with Saphire Honda. They are newbies, behind New Horizon School in ORR. Did a Oil change, Air filter cleaning, Top-up fluids and general service. Overall: Good. Driven about 500kms post service, no complaints so far. You should give a try.
itzvicky201 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 07:24   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,

Niggles faced: (2/5 ) Hope Honda you are listening.....
  1. The front passenger seat rattles on uneven roads.
  2. The AVN hangs on continuous usage. This happens if we use navigation and pen drive music option together. Its slow on booting too. This is a common mostly on the VX models.
  3. There is a slight rattling coming from some area below the steering column. Not sure to locate exact location.
  4. There is a slight clutch shudder when starting from stand still. Curious in case some one else face this issue.
  5. Slight grinding noise from the engine on slight acceleration of the vehicle.

I don't see any other niggle other than the one with USB + Navigation. Have run into it multiple times, even with just USB connected and no music playing.

The other biggest issue is the weak power on lower gears. If I slow down to 10 kmph due to potholes/humps etc, then I have to shift to 1st gear unless it downhill. In city driving, its a pain.
Old 7th September 2017, 15:49   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Yes, faced it. AVN given in VX model is crappy. It needs a replacement. Am thinking of going ahead wit the new AVN given in Honda City/Privilege version Honda Jazz. Not sure, if it can be fit.

Faced same problem. Got it fixed in 20k service. No rattles now.

Ditto. Did not like Magnum Honda's service. I just did first free service with them. Did my 20k service (paid service) with Saphire Honda. They are newbies, behind New Horizon School in ORR. Did a Oil change, Air filter cleaning, Top-up fluids and general service. Overall: Good. Driven about 500kms post service, no complaints so far. You should give a try.
Thanks for the update. Can you let me know what was done to resolve the rattling behind the steering column.
Old 7th September 2017, 15:53   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I don't see any other niggle other than the one with USB + Navigation. Have run into it multiple times, even with just USB connected and no music playing.

The other biggest issue is the weak power on lower gears. If I slow down to 10 kmph due to potholes/humps etc, then I have to shift to 1st gear unless it downhill. In city driving, its a pain.
Thanks. Yes i am totally pissed off with the music system on the top model.
i test drove a V variant as VX was not available for test drive.The Honda showrooms are also clever as they will not have the VX variant for test drive. if i had spotted this well before would have settled for V variant only.

Also i checked the same Lag was there in the AVN in the WRV top model. Can someone confirm?
Old 7th September 2017, 18:13   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
i test drove a V variant as VX was not available for test drive.The Honda showrooms are also clever as they will not have the VX variant for test drive. if i had spotted this well before would have settled for V variant only.
One main reason I chose V over the VX was the touch screen in VX. I got to play around with the demo VX model they had and it was as terrible as the reviews all said.

Fortunately, I had reviews from Team-BHP and early purchasers who universally hated this AVN to make my decision.
Old 7th September 2017, 20:51   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasantmv View Post
They have suggested changing the ‘winder’ and the ‘master switch’.

My questions:
1. What is meant by ‘winder’ – is it a motor or some other part?
Hi vasantmv,

'Winder' switch is the one used to select - activate left/right ORVM for adjustment. Since the dealer is recommending the replacement of 'master switch' as well, this means the entire control switch needs replacement, keeping the motor(s) of the either side intact.

Quote:
2. Does this really require replacement or one or both parts or could there be a quicker and less expensive fix if sufficiently investigated?
Look for a second opinion preferably from another Honda dealer service. My personal experience says that even within the same HASS, the analysis of boffins differ. Replacement is the easiest, safest bet and the most convenient way to sort out any problem for HASS. Not to mention it saves their time and gives them an opportunity to sell spares. Both the switches going bad simultaneously is something which raises my eyebrows.

Quote:
3. The weather is very humid here in Mumbai, could that coupled with the complete non-use of the car for a month have caused moisture deposition, etc. leading to glass getting stuck, and may be this can be fixed by cleaning and lubrication?
Do not think high humidity resulting in such issues unless direct water creeps in. Take a second opinion, may be the boffin at another HASS simply fixes it without replacement.

Quote:
4. If one or both (winder and switch) parts need to be replaced, is it a good idea to get it replaced outside of the dealership since it may be cheaper to get it done outside with low risk given these parts are not critical to the running of the car?

Car purchased in Oct of 2010 and and is a petrol Jazz standard version.
Yours being an Oct'10, is the rather lovely Jazz with many components having been sourced from Thailand. IMHO, showing it to any non-HASS guy isn't frugal from any angle. In the worst case if both the switches need replacement, let HASS do the job and do it right, for you'll have the piece of mind. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Hi itzvicky201,

Sorry mate, but I do not think you can source the OEM Digipad ICE unit from Honda. Why? Simple, any replacement parts provided by Honda are strictly against the inventory of your car tracked by the VIN. That said, even if you tell them that you want a replacement ICE unit, you'll again be gifted with the same 'crappy' AVN.

IMO you are left with below options:

1. Check out the local market. There are certain people who'll buy a new car and the very next day have its OEM ICE exchanged with an aftermarket of their choice by paying a minor difference.

2. Look for any redundant/accidental car which is due scraping.

3. Go for an aftermarket similar product.

4. Live with it.

Quote:
  • There is a slight rattling coming from some area below the steering column. Not sure to locate exact location.
Well, last year(around Oct'16) I got some multiple rattles fixed. My Jazz was finally rattle-free and I was a happy man. But since the past month, one of the rattles has popped up again. It was fixed by HASS free of cost(under warranty) by replacing the thin OEM foam lining(between the windshield and the plastic cladding housing the wiper/washer nozzles) with a much better 3M foam. Will be taking her again to HASS this coming Saturday. Let's see what do they do now? Hope this isn't a recurring issue popping up every year of ownership.

This is the sample of 3M foam lining which was replaced.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-3m-foam.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Hi sanchari,

Agree completely with you. Suggest you have a quick read of my ownership thread (1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT) on how to better deal with this.

Quote:
Hi Vivek-Bharathy,

In my case, it was the other way round. I got to test drive the VX trim since the V wasn't available for it was merely an hour and a half since the car was unveiled. But I finalized on the V because I was essentially looking for plush beige interiors and had to compromise on magic seats. I later felt myself being lucky for having chosen the V. Thanks.

Cheers,
Simmi

Last edited by Nohonking : 7th September 2017 at 20:56. Reason: replacing with a more appropriate word
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 10:24   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
One main reason I chose V over the VX was the touch screen in VX. I got to play around with the demo VX model they had and it was as terrible as the reviews all said.

Fortunately, I had reviews from Team-BHP and early purchasers who universally hated this AVN to make my decision.
Didn't realize the AVN system was this bad. Had to pull out my car to the side once to restart it so that navigation can resume as we were travelling in unfamiliar roads. And its a shame that Honda has no update for it. My son desperately wanted a touch screen system model.

The other features of VX like magic seats is quite useful though, if you have lots of luggage etc.
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks