Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2017, 07:37   #2266
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Hi All,

The thing I hate most is around the corner. My 1 year old Jazz has started rattling ... although very weakly. I have identified 2 unique rattles.

Rattle 1: Always happens if the car is lugged (typically 2nd gear and speed below 5 KM/HR). It's obvious that any car engine will complain and there will be little vibration in this scenario. But at precisely this point I hear some rusty noise or some noise like a loose tin rattling. It's a weak rattle but I hear it always. P.S. I never lug the engine like that but sometimes the speed is enough to engage 2nd gear instead of 1st and at this point after engaging 2nd gear and depressing clutch, I hear this rattle.

Rattle 2 : Coming from unknown place. My guess is that either boot door or from inside of passenger side door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I am experiencing the same rattle in my petrol amaze, even the HASS were not able to identify. If you manage to get it sorted out, please update here. Thanks.
Dear Both,
I too experience this metal grinding noise from the engine bay while starting the vehicle from stand still. This is reported to the sales and they say it is common in Honda jazz.They say it is because of the tall gear ratio set for fuel efficiency. This mostly happens when the engine is hot and driven for 5-6 Kms. Can you please confirm if it is the same that you experience?

Last edited by Vivek-Bharathy : 30th September 2017 at 07:38.
Old 30th September 2017, 08:31   #2267
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Looking at an automatic hatch. Close choice between Polo & Jazz. (Baleno eliminated because of irritating transmission whine)

Questions:

-the Honda site says OTR price for Jazz CVT V is 8.45 L in Bangalore. The SA claims it is 9.09. Wondering why. Am assuming any discounts will be on top of the list price. So, was expecting a price less than 8.45(around 8.1)

- what discounts /deals are going on currently in Bangalore?

- real world mileage of 12-13 in Bangalore reasonable to expect?

-any cvt specific niggles?

-when I did a TD, the Jazz V version ice seemed to be able to add only one Bluetooth device. To add another, one had to delete the earlier pairing. Is this correct? A surprised if true.

-the blue tooth switches off for about 15 seconds when the car is started. Standard behavior? Any work around?

- The V version comes with a rear camera, right? Does it get displayed on the ice?

Thanks for your response.

Last edited by sridhu : 30th September 2017 at 08:37.
Old 30th September 2017, 12:25   #2268

Hey, got answers for some of you questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
-any cvt specific niggles?
- None as far as I know. Unless you count the rubberband effect of all CVTs.
Quote:
-when I did a TD, the Jazz V version ice seemed to be able to add only one Bluetooth device. To add another, one had to delete the earlier pairing. Is this correct? A surprised if true.
- You can definitely add more than one device. But you need to come to a halt to add a device.
Quote:
-the blue tooth switches off for about 15 seconds when the car is started. Standard behavior? Any work around?
- Haven't experienced this in my car.
Quote:
- The V version comes with a rear camera, right? Does it get displayed on the ice?
- Yup, the rear camera gets displayed on the ICE. And you've got 3 viewing modes, Superwide, wide and downwards looking.
abir.sharda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 18:11   #2269
BHPian

Bought the Jazz vx Mt pearl white over the festive weekend for my wife and have to say it's absolutely fantastic and I think easily the best car in that segment by leaps.

+ves
The space that honda managed to create in a hatch and the boot space is mind boggling

The refinement of an ivtec engine is simply unmatched.and having used various honda vehicles over the last 15years it still brings a smile on my face

Managed a good discount due to the festive season and the top end model does feel value for money

The lovely black interior and the magic seats since I totally hate beige interiors

-ves
If people haven't complained enough about the weak bottom end let me add some more. The 2nd gear especially feels dead at low speeds

Totally unacceptable that honda assembles and exports the Jazz with 1.5 engine from here but won't sell the same model here. They would have Definitely managed to sell thousand or more every month easily. The Jazz with the super 1.5ivtec engine would simply be an outstanding car. Probably better than the city too in many aspects

The stock audio system sucks. Though it reads all formats I found that it takes 2-3 minutes to read just a 16gb pen drive. And this happens every time which is very irritating. The same drive when,I used on my crv with a pioneer f-70 BT took 2minutes to read the first time I connected the pen drive but after that switched seamlessly the next time I used it.

175 stock rubber is not enough for this car. Should have been atleast 185

Other things

I immediately got the underbody rubberized treatment after taking delivery. Also did 3m cr-70 complete tint (including windshield) and got the roof, the spoiler and the hediuous rear chrome strip blackened all at the 3m store. Attaching pics. Do let me know if it has improved the looks or the original is better.
Also chucked the stock Tyres and replaced them with Michelin primacy 3st 195/60 Tyres.very happy with them
Ordered the centre arm rest on Ali express and installed it myself which is a simple plug and play. Very happy and very comfortable and very good quality. Don't know why honda doesn't give this as stock

Also next to the stock fog lamps there is an option to install daytime running lights which unfortunately honda has not given us.please suggest if there are any good quality ones I can get installed in bangalore. Could not find any options on Amazon or eBay.
Thanks

Honda Jazz : Official Review-3173e0dbdcb04357ae1a8fadf4ca926e.jpeg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-2.jpeg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-3.jpeg

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2017 at 08:45. Reason: Correcting image orientation :)
rashreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 08:26   #2270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Bought the Jazz vx Mt pearl white over the festive weekend for my wife and have to say it's absolutely fantastic and I think easily the best car in that segment by leaps.

Congrats on the new purchase and happy miles crunching on your new car.

The modification looks awesome. How much did it cost for you to do that wrap. I also own a VX model white jazz. Would love to do that.

Last edited by Samurai : 8th October 2017 at 13:45. Reason: avoid quoting whole post
Old 6th October 2017, 09:48   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Folks

Looking at an automatic hatch. Close choice between Polo & Jazz. (Baleno eliminated because of irritating transmission whine)

Questions:

-the Honda site says OTR price for Jazz CVT V is 8.45 L in Bangalore. The SA claims it is 9.09. Wondering why. Am assuming any discounts will be on top of the list price. So, was expecting a price less than 8.45(around 8.1)

- what discounts /deals are going on currently in Bangalore?
Really? I thought otr price was around 10lac when I checked last week.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:20   #2272
Senior - BHPian

I have always loved the jazz but have always found it too expensive. Now I am looking to get a CVT auto for my wife who has never driven before. My heart says to get the Jazz and my mind says Baleno. Any advise that can help me make up mind will be appreciated. The usage will be primarily on Palm Beach marg in Navi Mumbai and then the highway to Chembur, Mumbai. Want a hassle free, quiet and a reliable car that is easy to drive.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:55   #2273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Want a hassle free, quiet and a reliable car that is easy to drive.
Both are good & equally Reliable. The Jazz is overpriced, in fact it costs much more then the earlier overpriced Jazz (1st Gen).

The Baleno is damn VFM. It is cheaper, has much more variants to choose from, is as spacious and comes with better Equipment List.

While the Jazz uses a 7 Step CVT, the Baleno has a 5 step one. Although in real world driving scenarios I don't see much problem in Baleno having lower number of gears.

Check out both the cars, and decide yourself. One word of advice - Jazz is available readily. Baleno has a waiting. If you are open to various colors, you'll get one quickly.
Old 6th October 2017, 11:30   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Really? I thought otr price was around 10lac when I checked last week.
That is what the SA told. But he was new on the job and did not know anything. Very unprofessional as well.

He had spilt water (hopefully!) on the driver's seat and when the TD was over, asked me for ₹10. I did not want to know why and gave it to him!
Old 6th October 2017, 11:32   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
I have always loved the jazz but have always found it too expensive. Now I am looking to get a CVT auto for my wife who has never driven before. My heart says to get the Jazz and my mind says Baleno. Any advise that can help me make up mind will be appreciated. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
... One word of advice - Jazz is available readily. Baleno has a waiting. If you are open to various colors, you'll get one quickly.
CarguyNish has covered all the points I wanted to make. To add to this, Jazz is having discounts of nearly 40K. So, that narrows the difference between Jazz and Baleno. But drive both and see. I find that the Jazz far more comfortable and spacious, but Baleno has more features. The CVT of both is quite smooth and silent. You get paddle shifters too in the Jazz V CVT variant which might help in drivability.
Old 7th October 2017, 13:46   #2276
BHPian

Hi folks,

My 'Jazzy' has got her new eyes! Sharing some pictures here. For details on these Thailand sourced DRLs, care to check my post:

New DRLs on a Honda Jazz (1.5 years with my Honda Jazz V MT)

Honda Jazz : Official Review-15-car.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-18-sweet-looking.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-16-super-bright.jpg

Cheers,
Simmi
Nohonking is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 00:27   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
I have always loved the jazz but have always found it too expensive. Now I am looking to get a CVT auto for my wife who has never driven before. My heart says to get the Jazz and my mind says Baleno. Any advise that can help me make up mind will be appreciated. The usage will be primarily on Palm Beach marg in Navi Mumbai and then the highway to Chembur, Mumbai. Want a hassle free, quiet and a reliable car that is easy to drive.
Had to pick up a CVT for my sister. Went with the Jazz after I got tired of waiting for Baleno (sister's first choice). In my case, it was the other way around. Head said Jazz while Heart said Baleno. Jazz is much more practical for a new driver with a better seating position and visibility than in the Baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
CarguyNish has covered all the points I wanted to make. To add to this, Jazz is having discounts of nearly 40K. So, that narrows the difference between Jazz and Baleno. But drive both and see. I find that the Jazz far more comfortable and spacious, but Baleno has more features. The CVT of both is quite smooth and silent. You get paddle shifters too in the Jazz V CVT variant which might help in drivability.
We picked ours on August 30th and I haggled and got the price to within 20k of Baleno which made the Jazz a no brainer. Bargain hard I say. This for CVT V variant here in Delhi NCR.

Quote:

175 stock rubber is not enough for this car. Should have been atleast 185

Ordered the centre arm rest on Ali express and installed it myself which is a simple plug and play. Very happy and very comfortable and very good quality. Don't know why honda doesn't give this as stock
Congrats. Couldn't agree more on the rubber. We also got 185/65/15 Yoko Earth1 right after delivery. Can you please share the link for the armrest? Honda original costs 17k while the one for Amaze is just 4k. Such a huge disparity - reason given was that the Jazz one is imported.
Old 8th October 2017, 07:41   #2278
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your purchase! The modification looks awesome. I am also awaiting delivery of Jazz VX in Bangalore. Booked it for my wife over last weekend and am told it would take about two weeks to deliver. Just curious on the final OTR price that you paid.

Also, what price did you manage to get for exchange of your stock tires.

Enjoy your ride!

Last edited by Samurai : 8th October 2017 at 13:32. Reason: avoid quoting the whole post
Old 8th October 2017, 09:17   #2279
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I have a favour to ask of you.

My mom will be one of the major users of the car. Can't get her to try out the seat in each car (she is 83 and with bad knees). Still deciding between the Baleno & Jazz. The price & equipment is the cause of confusion!

Can someone please measure the following dimensions and let me know?

- height of seat from ground, front & rear
- height of seat from floor of the car, front & rear
- depth of rear seat, seat lip to seat back.

I suspect the Jazz will be better than the Baleno but would like confirmation.

These dimensions are not available any where. I searched.

Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 18:08   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Did some research today. My measurements of the data I was asking. (seat depth is only for the rear) :

Jazz
Front:
Ground to seat; 24",
Floor to seat: 12"
Rear
Ground to seat; 24"
Floor to seat14"
Seat depth 19"

Baleno
Front
Ground to seat; 25"
Floor to seat: 13"