Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 10:25   #2311
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Did exactly this and I feel exactly the same. Spoke to the store owner and took an opinion on Yoko vs XM2 for my needs. He assured me the Yokos would do better considering BMC's notorious reputation for not mending potholes on TV and the highway journeys every 3-4 months. Plus, the 185/65s look better

The Yokos grip better, albeit the steering did seem a bit weighted relatively. Maybe I'll do another check on the alignment and give it a longer run on the highway before I make judgements.
The XM2 is definitely a better tyre than Earth 1. I have XM2 in my Brio (185/65/14), P3STs in both Punto and Tjet (heck I can be called a Michelin fanboy - have bought 7 sets of 4 Michelin tyres since 2006 for my cars). However, I went for Earth 1s for Jazz as the Yoko dealer gave me a great deal (2000 for a new set of 4 Earth 1s as compared to nearly 8000 for a new set of 4 XM2s - swapping the 10 day old GY Assurance ones). I have personally not driven the Jazz much but the folks who do tell me they are very happy with the upgrade.

Congrats on your upgrade. Definitely adds to the looks when looked at from the rear.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 12:23   #2312
BHPian

Hello jazzers
I have the second gen Jazz (2009) and my key fob has been giving trouble. The lock button isn't working but the unlock works just fine, even at a distance.The battery is also new. I've also been using a leather key cover off Alibaba for a long time, which has surely prevented dust and moisture from getting into the buttons. (WebLink follows-)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High...311.0.0.cqUO9o

Has anyone had a similar issue, and solved it? Help needed!
Old 16th November 2017, 09:30   #2313
Senior - BHPian

One of the things that completely upset me about the Jazz was Honda's cheap-skating of the hatch cover. Really Honda? How much would it have cost you to give us a string to lift the damn cover when the hatch was raised?

So, I decided to fix this. Got some shoe lace kind of string. Drilled a hole in the hatch cover; stuck a nice, small hook on the hatch & eh voila, the hatch cover rises with the gate

Behold!:

The side view
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20171115_052446130.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20171115_052426662.jpg
Dont know why this comes up horizontal.

Where I drilled
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20171115_052501804.jpg

Lessons learned:
- Honda might have not given the string not for budget reasons but for usage reasons. Everytime the hatch cover goes up, everything on it falls into the boot!
- I picked the wrong place to drill a hole in the cover. Should have been on the side. Were I drilled, there is only one sweet spot when there was no tension in the string when the hatch was closed while still being of a reasonable length to open the cover. Pick the side
- When I do the leather for the interiors, I will close the gap with a strip attached in velcro.
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 23:16   #2314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
I've been using Michelin primacy 3ST from day 2. Threw out the MRF's. Its upsized to 195/60/R15, and its been nothing but beautiful. I was tempted to change to 205 but figured the ride would be hit. I've only done 13k kms though.
Completely agree. The 175 Tyres that Honda provides are complete rubbish and do not suit the character or the size of the car at all. I also junked the original Tyres and upgraded to Michelin primacy 3ST 195/60 as soon as I bought the car and they have been simply phenomenal. Worth every penny and feel just perfect for the Jazz
Old 20th November 2017, 14:38   #2315
BHPian

Guys, any update on the amount of discount offered on Jazz CVT in Bangalore ?
Please pm me if it violates the rules of the forum.

Disclaimer : Mods, please merge it with appropriate thread if it's not the right place to ask this question.
Old 29th November 2017, 13:13   #2316
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I have a Honda Jazz 2016 model. I used to service in Magnum Honda and i am not satisfied with the service. I am due for service and would like to hear from the other jazz owners in Bangalore for any other reliable service center where the quality of service would be better. Pointers please.
Old 29th November 2017, 13:34   #2317
Senior - BHPian

It appears like Honda worked on a 'shoe string' budget with new Jazz. They have to answer to the head boffins at Japan after all. But good job on the DIY, looks professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
One of the things that completely upset me about the Jazz was Honda's cheap-skating of the hatch cover.
Old 7th December 2017, 12:35   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Completely agree. The 175 Tyres that Honda provides are complete rubbish and do not suit the character or the size of the car at all. I also junked the original Tyres and upgraded to Michelin primacy 3ST 195/60 as soon as I bought the car and they have been simply phenomenal. Worth every penny and feel just perfect for the Jazz
I also did upgrade my Jazz car tyres immediately after purchasing. My Jazz has Yokohama Earth1, 195/60 and the ride is far superior compared to the OEM tyres. It's been close to 2 years and around 17,000 kms till now.
Old 7th December 2017, 17:15   #2319
BHPian

One of friends is using a 2015 Jazz CVT. Off late he is hearing a whining sound from the engine bay on turning on the car till level 2 (ignition off, only battery enabled devices working). The sound is almost like a motor running - not very loud but persistent. Has anyone faced similar issues?

The authorised service centre has told him to drive the car till check engine light comes on - I believe that is when they will be able to detect the error code is any.
Old 7th December 2017, 18:49   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
One of friends is using a 2015 Jazz CVT. Off late he is hearing a whining sound from the engine bay on turning on the car till level 2 (ignition off, only battery enabled devices working). The sound is almost like a motor running - not very loud but persistent. Has anyone faced similar issues?
So you hear the sound when engine is not running?
1) Usually the sound is from fuel pump which lasts for few seconds only, which is normal, and it comes from behind under rear seat.
2) If it is coming from the front then i am not too sure - open the bonnet and disconnect the battery for few minutes, this will reset the vehicle. Do that first and see where things go......

You can also check if that sound is emerging from the radiator fan.

Last edited by aerohit : 7th December 2017 at 18:53.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 20:10   #2321
BHPian

Quote:

The authorised service centre has told him to drive the car till check engine light comes on - I believe that is when they will be able to detect the error code is any.

If I am not wrong, your friend might be hearing very low frequency ( electric motor rotating sound ) and it is coming from left hand side of the car. This is actually HVAC blower motor and fan sound coming from glove box. To confirm this what you can ask your friend to do is switch off the AC fan and check. If the sound still does exists then it is something else which is making noise. I hope this would help.
akshay386 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 11:14   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay386 View Post
If I am not wrong, your friend might be hearing very low frequency ( electric motor rotating sound ) and it is coming from left hand side of the car. This is actually HVAC blower motor and fan sound coming from glove box. To confirm this what you can ask your friend to do is switch off the AC fan and check. If the sound still does exists then it is something else which is making noise. I hope this would help.
He has already checked that. The sound is independent of the AC. It seems he did have a blower issue but this sound as of now seems to be from a different source.
Old 8th December 2017, 12:40   #2323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He has already checked that. The sound is independent of the AC. It seems he did have a blower issue but this sound as of now seems to be from a different source.
Just a random thought - please ask him to check the belts. Also I once had a similar issue in my Innova and it turned out to be the coolant pump
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 21:35   #2324
BHPian

Hope they give a rear bumper to next generation of Indian Jazz by whatever means. This was one of the reason I had to avoid going for Jazz

Comparing US vs Indian Jazz
Old 9th December 2017, 17:47   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Hope they give a rear bumper to next generation of Indian Jazz by whatever means. This was one of the reason I had to avoid going for Jazz

Comparing US vs Indian Jazz

No chance as it crosses the 4m mark applicable for small car benefits .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks