Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2018, 16:06   #2416
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I own a Honda Jazz V CVT 2015 model with 14000 kms on odo.

Last night something weird happened. It was cold start late in the night. I drove out of the building compound and waited for the blue engine temperature light to turn off. Once on the main road I accelerated to around 40 Kmph but at around 2000 rpm the car lost power and engine check light came on. I stopped the car turned the engine off and restarted the car. The check light was gone and the car started driving normally. The engine was shaking during idling before I turned off the engine.

The fuel tank was almost full.

Any idea why this could have happened?
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 18:21   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post

Any idea why this could have happened?
Looks like one of the cylinder was not firing in the first instance.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 10:33   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Looks like one of the cylinder was not firing in the first instance.
That what it felt like but my concern is what could be the reason behind it?

The car has not been in floods or water more than a couple of inches.
Old 19th July 2018, 11:03   #2419
BHPian

Can anyone check their Jazz user manual and tell me the specified spark plug model?
Old 19th July 2018, 12:39   #2420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
That what it felt like but my concern is what could be the reason behind it?

The car has not been in floods or water more than a couple of inches.
Possible rust/loose connection in the ignition coil? Clogged fuel injector also could be reason. Need to watch out if it happen again.
Old 19th July 2018, 17:28   #2421
Senior - BHPian

New Jazz 2018 launched

Honda has launched the for-2018 Jazz in India, with prices starting at Rs 7.35 lakh and going up to Rs 9.29 lakh for the top-spec diesel trim. While there are no significant design-based or mechanical changes, the new premium hatchback gets additional equipment over the previous model.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...35-lakh-409077
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 08:41   #2422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
New Jazz 2018 launched

Honda has launched the for-2018 Jazz in India, with prices starting at Rs 7.35 lakh and going up to Rs 9.29 lakh for the top-spec diesel trim. While there are no significant design-based or mechanical changes, the new premium hatchback gets additional equipment over the previous model.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...35-lakh-409077
I was in the Honda showroom yesterday evening, and while the new Jazz was displayed, they were still awaiting the price list. I had gone there to check out the Amaze 1.2 CVT.
After I saw the pricing, I could not, but help wonder that what in that car deserves so much money. It's not kitted as well as it's (lower priced) competition, has bland interiors and no magic seats.
I would have still understood it somewhat had they put in the 1.5 IVTEC, but with the 1.2 - Seriously?

This, from the same company that has so sweetly positioned the new Amaze!

Last edited by roy_libran : 20th July 2018 at 08:44.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 08:48   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I was in the Honda showroom yesterday evening, and while the new Jazz was displayed, they were still awaiting the price list. I had gone there to check out the Amaze 1.2 CVT.
After I saw the pricing, I could not, but help wonder that what in that car deserves so much money. It's not kitted as well as it's (lower priced) competition, has bland interiors and no magic seats.
I would have still understood it somewhat had they put in the 1.5 IVTEC, but with the 1.2 - Seriously?

It could have been priced a bit more competitively. I think the name Honda, the room inside the small car, and service helps them to sustain. By keeping the price on par with their own sedan, what do they convey?
Anyhow the equipment list is lengthier than the previous one.

Those who like to have a small car, CVT, space, modern design (well that is something we might differ), Paddle shifters (only car that offers it in this segment), and good service backup (at most of the places) makes it a better family car.

But your comment is certainly applicable to their Diesel. We have much better, well priced MTs in this segment.

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2018 at 16:54. Reason: Poor language & grammar
agbenny is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th July 2018, 11:58   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post

I too feel that the 1.5 vtec should be at least an option. City is based on the Jazz platform so the mounting points for the engine and other components should be identical. I don't see how 1.5 vtec will add to cost apart from the taxes which will be passed on anyway.
As the same engine bay is used for the diesel, I don't think the structure strength will be the constraint.
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 23:20   #2425
BHPian

Hi, does anyone has the price list for the new accessories? I see Tailgate spoiler with LED is now available as an accessory, wondering whether it can be fitted on the 2017 V model as I'm thinking of getting it if it's reasonably priced.
Old 30th July 2018, 16:32   #2426
BHPian

I don't know if it's true but I would like to share an observation. The paddle shifters in my V CVT were not holding on to the gear ratio's earlier and would revert back to the auto mode after 30 seconds. But after my last service, I am noticing that if I don't use the A pedal, the paddle shifter holds on to the gear of my choice. This is especially useful on the ghats section while coming down. Honda has probably updated the software. Has anyone else has also noticed it recently ?. It has taken away a lot of my headaches while coming down the hill.
Old 30th July 2018, 17:46   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I don't know if it's true but I would like to share an observation. The paddle shifters in my V CVT were not holding on to the gear ratio's earlier and would revert back to the auto mode after 30 seconds. But after my last service, I am noticing that if I don't use the A pedal, the paddle shifter holds on to the gear of my choice. This is especially useful on the ghats section while coming down. Honda has probably updated the software. Has anyone else has also noticed it recently ?. It has taken away a lot of my headaches while coming down the hill.
I believe you are referring to when the gear is slotted in 'D'. In D it has always been what you have described at-least in my case. If you engage the paddle shift while accelerating it will hold the gear till high rpm and avoid upshift until you release the accelerator. And while de-accelerating or going down hill if you engage the paddle shift, it will again hold the gear till you press the accelerator before shifting back to 'D'. Its opposite while accelerating and de-acclerating which is very useful. (My Jazz is a 2015 year)

In 'S' mode the Jazz should hold on to the gear no matter what while using paddle shift, unless the car becomes too slow for that gear when it will automatically down shift.
tazmaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 01:35   #2428
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone used after market LEDs to replace the stock headlights? Any feedback?
Old 1st August 2018, 09:00   #2429
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Has anyone used after market LEDs to replace the stock headlights? Any feedback?
Jazz uses H4 bulbs. You can refer to any of these threads for LED upgrade. I did the same on Ecosport which also uses H4.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...s-upgrade.html (DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-upgrades.html (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ts-my-i10.html (DIY: Installing H4 LED headlights in my i10)
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 12:24   #2430
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Vid6639, I have been going through all the relevant threads but the CSP LEDs potentially not being best suited to the reflector thing has me second guessing on this. Hence Im trying to find out if anyone has actual experience with any LEDs specific to the Jazz reflectors, either off Aliexpress or the Philips Ultinon series (which seems to have mixed reviews). The last thing I want to do is blind drivers from the other side due to the poor LED - reflector design compatibility and / or lose intensity plus spread.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed