Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2018, 00:16   #2431
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Thanks Vid6639, I have been going through all the relevant threads but the CSP LEDs potentially not being best suited to the reflector thing has me second guessing on this. Hence Im trying to find out if anyone has actual experience with any LEDs specific to the Jazz reflectors, either off Aliexpress or the Philips Ultinon series (which seems to have mixed reviews). The last thing I want to do is blind drivers from the other side due to the poor LED - reflector design compatibility and / or lose intensity plus spread.

Neil, that last line you wrote is the most probable reason to stay away from LED's, although at the end it's all up to your conclusion. Check this site and the comment section after reading which I have decided I will keep it as it is for the Jazz unless I change the whole headlight unit:
https://jalopnik.com/should-you-swap...eds-1728026383
Old 6th August 2018, 23:53   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Hi, does anyone has the price list for the new accessories? I see Tailgate spoiler with LED is now available as an accessory, wondering whether it can be fitted on the 2017 V model as I'm thinking of getting it if it's reasonably priced.

Hi all, just wanted to update on this. I got in touch with Honda customer care and through a dealer in Gurgaon they confirmed that Tailgate spoiler with LED is available only for 2018 Jazz. I have asked them why is it so, since nothing has changed in the exterior which wouldn't allow the spoiler to be fixed and usually the part is painted as per the car once the part is received. Have not received any response yet, but I'm not optimistic about it.
Old 8th August 2018, 06:53   #2433
BHPian

Hello everyone. After owning my previous Jazz for 6 years (still have it), bought the new one in the VX CVT trim for wife. It seems it was the first one delivered in Bengaluru.
So far, it seems to have much improved suspension over bad roads compared to my previous ones. Hasn’t even seemed like scraping on any of those back breakers so far. Otherwise, same old car. Still the same measly engine but drives smooth. Only, the Digipad with CarPlay keeps freezing occasionally.
adroit_91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 07:42   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Hello everyone. After owning my previous Jazz for 6 years (still have it), bought the new one in the VX CVT trim for wife. It seems it was the first one delivered in Bengaluru.
So far, it seems to have much improved suspension over bad roads compared to my previous ones. Hasn’t even seemed like scraping on any of those back breakers so far. Otherwise, same old car. Still the same measly engine but drives smooth. Only, the Digipad with CarPlay keeps freezing occasionally.
Congrats on the new car. CVT would be a blessing in bangalore traffic. . Good to read some happy posts about Jazz.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 18:19   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Only, the Digipad with CarPlay keeps freezing occasionally.
When will Honda get a decent modern day ICE system for their cars? The Digipad 2.0 version used currently in the new Jazz and WR-V I believe is the same used across the world. Based on some reviews from the US I have seen, they don't have many good things going for it. All other manufacturers seem to have mastered this.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 21:54   #2436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
All other manufacturers seem to have mastered this.
This one is an Alpine unit. From online reviews it seems there is some conflict about finger pointing between Apple and Honda. Hoping iOS 12 will resolve it.
Old 9th August 2018, 16:39   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
When will Honda get a decent modern day ICE system for their cars? The Digipad 2.0 version used currently in the new Jazz and WR-V I believe is the same used across the world. Based on some reviews from the US I have seen, they don't have many good things going for it. All other manufacturers seem to have mastered this.
Quote:
This one is an Alpine unit. From online reviews it seems there is some conflict about finger pointing between Apple and Honda. Hoping iOS 12 will resolve it.
Is this head unit the same as the one used for the Privilege edition? If so, I am wondering if there is a software update available (or will be made available) to upgrade those units to be CarPlay / Auto compatible?
Old 9th August 2018, 17:55   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaguar View Post
Is this head unit the same as the one used for the Privilege edition? If so, I am wondering if there is a software update available (or will be made available) to upgrade those units to be CarPlay / Auto compatible?
Not sure. But this is called Digipad 2.0 by Honda. Maybe it’s different but I’m not sure.
Old 10th August 2018, 15:47   #2439
BHPian

Quote:

Believe Privilege edition has Digipad 1.0. The one in facelift Jazz is Digipad 2.0. I don't think 1.0 is upgradable to 2.0.
Old 11th August 2018, 19:52   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Believe Privilege edition has Digipad 1.0. The one in facelift Jazz is Digipad 2.0. I don't think 1.0 is upgradable to 2.0.
Ah, got it - thanks. If it's the same size and layout, I wonder if Honda will let us upgrade the unit. I wouldn't mind doing it if it's not too expensive.
Old 11th August 2018, 20:52   #2441
BHPian

Quote:
Ah, got it - thanks. If it's the same size and layout, I wonder if Honda will let us upgrade the unit. I wouldn't mind doing it if it's not too expensive.
Did you check out this thread? It's a hack but thought you might find it useful.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 21:12   #2442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
Good to read some happy posts about Jazz.
Hi Mate,

The word 'Happy'' you have referred in your post is a very subjective term .

I own a Jazz IDTEC SV 2015 Aug version and I am 'happy' about the following:-
1) Driveability in city and highway
2) Spaciousness and roomier feeling
3) Mechanically sound components(No universal compliant from Jazz owners in comparison to the competition which resulted in a recall etc.)
4) Fuel efficiency
5) Service cost
6) Handling (One of the best calibrated Steering,Good brakes,Well tuned suspension for speed over 40kmph etc.)
7) Build quality is adequate and far better than the best seller.
8) Dual Airbag and Abs + Ebd (not like competition which provides only Abs)

I believe barring Pt#1 above, the other points reffered are applicable to our Ivtec owners as well.

I believe they will agree to my 'happy' factors and am curious to hear if there are any additional happy factors that they would like to mention in their posts.

I am 'unhappy' for the following reason:-

1) Not adequately equipped for the price paid in comparison to the competition.

Most Jazz owners will agree to my referred point regarding their un happiness and Ivtec owners might have complaints regarding their 1.2 engine (Courtesy sub 4m law huh). Would like to hear on the other unhappiness factors from fellow owners as well.

Overall I believe not many jazz owners are unhappy on the 'Car' other than equipment level, but would like to know from other's as well.
DieselTorq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 06:53   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
I have zeroed it down to freezing only when moving in or out of “P”. Otherwise didn’t freeze even once on a 15-hour total drive over the weekend.
Old 17th August 2018, 08:21   #2444
BHPian

Appreciate your detailed response. Didn't thought anyone would notice what I typed there. Was on a lookout for a premium hatchback and finalized on baleno. There were many complaints about build quality etc.. but then, most of the car body sheets were today like that only. Recently a friend of mind bought a jazz and I happened to drive it in chennai. For a claustrophobic guy, I was so impressed when I sat on the driver seat. Have heard about first love in movies :-) That one drive changed my decision, and started looking into jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Overall I believe not many jazz owners are unhappy on the 'Car' other than equipment level, but would like to know from other's as well.
Most of the grievances I am reading are on this point. For the same price, baleno/i20 offers a lot more than Jazz. Was ok on compromising, sometimes, we have to give up something when we gain something else. Repeated posts showing upset on Honda's pricing / missing features / Not a great digipad were spoiling the enthusiasm. Thats why, I felt happy immediately, when someone said something good about it . Onlything that is standing between the decision is the service. I have owned Maruti cars for the last 15 years. Initially zen and then the old baleno. Maruti is the only authorized service station in my hometown where my car spends 3-4 months every year. So its kind of war between brain vs heart. And its a tough fight.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 13:27   #2445
Senior - BHPian

A Honda Jazz CVT customer shares the following

Quote:
What happens when you fill adulterated petrol? Here's my experience & rescue with it. Hope it helps if ever happens !!

Early morning while returning from a trip i got the tank full from a reputed petrol pump on NH-1. After moving approximately 200 mtr my CVT stopped with high vibration coming from the engine. I tried to restart but it didn't. I checked coolant, water, battery etc but everything was fine & then a thought which came to my mind was that petrol pump guy has filled Diesel instead petrol & now i am screwed. I ran back to petrol pump to check it but i was relieved that it was indeed petrol. The only thing i could do at that time was to call Honda RSA. They responded quickly & within 20 minutes an assistance vehicle was at my location. The guy checked my car & asked me to take it to nearby service to get it checked. Within 15 minutes i reached at Honda Service Station. I briefed the Service manager about the case & without waiting for any paperwork he started to examine the reason. The engineer opened the Gearbox casing & checked he petrol quality and told me that the quality looks bad but to make sure he took a sample from it. To our utter disbelief, it was like 60% water & 40% Petrol floating in my tank & the same was injected in my engine. To confirm the case he removed the tank & checked again and indeed it was 60:40 ratio. I was about to collapse to think that now i have to leave my car at NH-1 service station and go back in Taxi etc but the SM told me not to worry and call the petrol pump owner immediately. I arranged the number of pump owner & literally blasted him. He was more into shock hearing this & assured me that he is sending his manager to check it. Meanwhile, I told SM to fix my car. Within 15 minutes his manager came & SM showed him the quality and he told me yesterday there was heavy rain while receiving the petrol from tanker so it might be possible the water got mixed or they have received adultered petrol from tanker itself, else there is no way possible to mix 60:40 & sell it. He told the case to pump owner and assured me whatever expenditure is to be done to fix my car will be taken care. The owner called me multiple times & apologized for the same and I accepted it since I explored the reputation of that pump from my friends in that city. The process of fixing it with time required was this,

• Removal of gearbox casing to check the quality of petrol. (30M)
• Removal & cleaning of tank . (1 HR)
• Cleaning of all Filters (45 M)
• Removal of Injector, cleaning & reinstalling ( 1Hr)
• Miscellaneous,dead battery due to many ignition attempts (1 Hr)
• Washing & cleaning (45 M)

In totality, I spent approx. 6 hrs at Honda Service Station & got my car fixed. The total expenditure for this was Rs 2800/- (With Bill) which was paid by Pump Owner along with full tank petrol. I could have extorted that pump as suggested by some but decided not to do that since it was pure bad luck & no pump will sell such adulterated petrol at 60:40 ratio. While returning back I went back to same petrol pump and I saw that pump is closed for the day.

I don’t know why I felt that my CVT is more peppier & responsive after this treatment. I must appreciate the response of Honda RSA & quality of Service Station. Oh, did I tell you that being on NH-1 & no restaurant nearby I had lunch arranged by Honda Team from a very famous dhaba in that area which i believe was part of Customer Courtesy !!

Link
CarguyNish is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks