Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2019, 13:18   #2506

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Congratulations for your new jazz. I hope you pen down an ownership review soon. I'm in the same boat as you were and have looked at all the options in the premium hatchback segment. Jazz comes out a clear winner for me in terms of reliability, price (post discounts), FE and features. Since this will be my mother's car, I'm only looking at the AT. Did you purchase the car in Delhi? Can you please share the final on-road price that you paid (If possible with breakup and discounts).

Hi TB16,

Thank You.
I have purchased my car , JAZZ V CVT (Golden Brown) on 17th March from Ace Honda Noida. Though similar price was also available from Samara Honda, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. The car was manufactured in Jan 2019. The final on road price for the car was Rs 10,00,000(approx) for the following:
1. Ex Showroom Price: 8,50,000

2. 3rd Party Insurance (3 years): 10,000

3. Zero Dep Insurance (1 year): 7,000

4. Honda Assure Comprehensive Insurance : Free (March Offer- 23,000 otherwise)
5. Accessories(Bumper and Side Protectors, Seat Covers and few others, basic kit): 20,000

6. Road Tax (UP Registration):71,000

7. Fast Tag: 500

8. Road Side Assist (5 years):6,314
9. Extended Warranty (5 years, Unlimited Km): 11,838

10. Exchange value of my old car (including exchange bonus of 20,000): 1,82,000

11. Corporate Discount: 4,000
I maybe off the exact amount by 5,000 to 10,000 approx. Pardon me for that.

You must have driven the car and the other alternatives to reach your conclusions already but here are my observations from the 700 odd km the car has covered in last 12 days.
The transmission is super smooth and the shifts are not perceived. As my daily run involves DND and Dadri Link Road the mileage has been around 14 km/pl, which i hope will improve. The car feels nimble enough within city limits and is decently quick till 80 km/hr even if not driven aggressively. The seating position is very good with excellent lumbar support.

Your mom will definitely love to drive this. Hope that you get yours soon
Old 31st March 2019, 00:52   #2507
Senior - BHPian

Hello Jazz CVT owners(specially Bangalore folks). I am almost finalized on V CVT after a series of test drives in different cars. However had some doubts which I hoped you can clarify:

How bad or good is the measly 165mm ground clearance? Did anyone use Rogerab type stuff ? If yes, does it help?

How's the 5" touchscreen on V CVT? Sadly that's the variant I can afford , hence the question.

How's the ACC performance considering it doesn't get a rear AC vent.

Whats the service cost like once free service expires? I guess the service interval is 10000kms/1 year?

Fuel efficiency in b2b traffic?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SoumenD : 31st March 2019 at 00:57.
Old 31st March 2019, 08:18   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
How bad or good is the measly 165mm ground clearance? Did anyone use Rogerab type stuff ? If yes, does it help?
I own a Jazz from 2012 as well as 2018 (the latest one). The new ground clearance has been enough to never scrape Bangalore's unscientific speed breakers yet. I ride mostly in central and east Bangalore, which has enough of those. Haven't felt the need for suspension buffers yet, but the 2012 one definitely would get help with those.

Quote:
How's the 5" touchscreen on V CVT? Sadly that's the variant I can afford , hence the question.
We have the VX CVT. That's a decent one (Not sure if its same on V). But, it does still have some minor bugs (freezing when shifting in and out of "P" mode).

Quote:
The HVAC is decent, but given the large greenhouse, it does take some time if you leave the car out in the sun, but given Bangalore weather, just opening the windows for a couple of minutes (while the car is moving) is enough to bring the temperature down fast. After that, its all good. But yes, the 2012 had vents below the front seats, which were far better than the current setup.

Quote:
Whats the service cost like once free service expires? I guess the service interval is 10000kms/1 year?
No clue, as still haven't hit the milestone in the new one. The old one is on a 6-month interval, and usually costs ~10k per year.

Quote:
Getting around 10kmpl according to display (I commute primarily through Tin Factory, so its a horrible one), but never measured the "actual" efficiency.

Hope these help.
adroit_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 08:45   #2509

Quote:
Hello Jazz CVT owners(specially Bangalore folks). I am almost finalized on V CVT after a series of test drives in different cars. However had some doubts which I hoped you can clarify:

Thanks in advance
The V CVT variant has a 5 inch display but that is not a touch screen. Doesn't come with digipad 2.0. It's a decent unit although and I don't find the lack of touchscreen a big issue personally.

The service interval is 10000/6 months, whichever is earlier. Should cost around 3-5 k depending on what my sales advisor has told me.

The front seats are cooled well within 2 mins if ACC is set to low in auto mode. This is till 40 degrees as that's the maximum NCR has seen since I got my car. The rear seat took another 2 mins but for the rear passenger to be comfortable the fans have to be at relatively higher speed.
TarunSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 09:38   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Service interval for Jazz is 10000KM/6months whichever is early after the first 3 free services which are scheduled in the first 6 months.

Maintenance cost estimates can be checked here.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 16:14   #2511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarunSC View Post
The V CVT variant has a 5 inch display but that is not a touch screen. Doesn't come with digipad 2.0. It's a decent unit although and I don't find the lack of touchscreen a big issue personally.

The service interval is 10000/6 months, whichever is earlier. Should cost around 3-5 k depending on what my sales advisor has told me.

The front seats are cooled well within 2 mins if ACC is set to low in auto mode. This is till 40 degrees as that's the maximum NCR has seen since I got my car. The rear seat took another 2 mins but for the rear passenger to be comfortable the fans have to be at relatively higher speed.
Thanks for the information Tarun. All this time I was under impression that the 5" screen is a touch one. Guess I will have to look at the top of the line VX variant in that case. Personally it doesn't make much of a difference to me but high command wants the Apple carplay. Guess I will bite the bullet and go for VX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Service interval for Jazz is 10000KM/6months whichever is early after the first 3 free services which are scheduled in the first 6 months.

Maintenance cost estimates can be checked here.
Thanks for the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
I own a Jazz from 2012 as well as 2018 (the latest one). The new ground clearance has been enough to never scrape Bangalore's unscientific speed breakers yet....

Hope these help.
Thanks for the update adroit
Old 2nd April 2019, 14:26   #2512
BHPian

This weekend, did two major things on the Jazzy.

1. New shoes: Got Michelin energy XM2 195/60 R15 fit on all 4. Cost around 6k a piece.
- handling improved.
- Very slight improvement in mid-range acceleration.
- didn't track fuel economy yet.
- the ride is very slightly harder than before. May change after some running.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20190331wa0014.jpg

2. Front windscreen sun film: Got 3M CR70 fit.

- Incredibly heat rejection. The AC just feels more effective, the dashboard and steering run much cooler now.
- Supposed to be anti-glare as well, but couldn't really observe the difference yet as I don't do many night runs right now. But will update on that eventually.
- The difference is barely noticeable in terms of visibility! It's really hard to even notice that there is a film on the glass. Image evidence:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20190331wa0009.jpg

Last edited by ashishk29 : 2nd April 2019 at 14:28. Reason: Indentation changes.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 20:26   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post

- the ride is very slightly harder than before. May change after some running.
Do check the air pressure once. When I upgraded to the Primacy ST4 on my Jazz, the ride was bumpy and felt hard as well, but I soon noticed that the air pressure was 44! When I corrected it to a sane 32, the car drove like magic
mug:mush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 22:04   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug:mush View Post
Do check the air pressure once. When I upgraded to the Primacy ST4 on my Jazz, the ride was bumpy and felt hard as well, but I soon noticed that the air pressure was 44! When I corrected it to a sane 32, the car drove like magic
Do the Primacy 4ST offer a good ride on broken roads, generally speaking? How has your experience been after few thousand kms of use, as compared to the stock tires?
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:30   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Do the Primacy 4ST offer a good ride on broken roads, generally speaking? How has your experience been after few thousand kms of use, as compared to the stock tires?
To be fair, I only drove a week on the stock Goodyear Assurance. I felt it was noisy and uncomfortable. Compared to that, 4ST is noise free, except on concrete patches. It remains cushiony over rough patches and more than anything, there is no drama while riding over our hump littered roads.
mug:mush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 23:49   #2516
BHPian

If anyone has driven both Jazz & WRV, please compare their suspension setup. Which one rides better?

Last edited by SDP : 14th April 2019 at 09:46. Reason: Typo
Old 14th April 2019, 09:47   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
If anyone has driven both Jazz & WRV, please comapare their suspension setup. Which one rides better?
I think i can comment on this because I've driven both back to back.

There's not much difference. The only difference you might feel is due to the bigger wheels setup. It just feels taller to drive.

They handle the same, the cushioning is the same.

The engine tuning is slightly different.

That's all the difference there is. Rest, it feels exactly like sitting in a jazz.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 22:26   #2518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All this time I was under impression that the 5" screen is a touch one. Guess I will have to look at the top of the line VX variant in that case.
Update: So I went 1 up and booked the VX CVT exclusive edition (details here (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)) for the perforated artificial leather seats, black alloys & spoiler). Did a basic PDI today.

Manufactured Feb,2019. No surprises there as that's when this edition was released. Odo reading was 10.1kms

Tyres were Bridgestone B250s. Any idea how are those? Not sure where exactly the manufacturing year for the tyres are mentioned in Bridgestones

Is it this one? **4618 = 46th week of 2018 i.e. Nov/Dec,2018?
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190416_155522.jpg

Or is it somewhere here? Sorry for the bad quality pics. Was too sunny.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190416_155430.jpg

Battery seems to be Jan, 2019 make. Is that correct?
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190416_154711.jpg

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th April 2019 at 22:40.
Old 17th April 2019, 07:01   #2519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: So I went 1 up and booked the VX CVT exclusive edition
Congratulations

Yes. That tyre is made in the 46th week of 2018

Check & document the spare also. I know they swapped out my spare after the 2nd service but since I did not have images, I could not prove it.

Last edited by sridhu : 17th April 2019 at 07:02.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 08:32   #2520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Tyres were Bridgestone B250s. Any idea how are those? Not sure where exactly the manufacturing year for the tyres are mentioned in Bridgestones

Is it this one? **4618 = 46th week of 2018 i.e. Nov/Dec,2018?
4618 is the correct date, i.e. 46th week of 2018 which is approximately November 2018. Bridgestone are not great tires, an upgrade to Michelins will vastly improve comfort, handling and braking performance. Highly recommended upgrade for your car.

Best to get it done immediately after delivery when you will get the best exchange price for your present tires.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 17th April 2019 at 08:58.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks