Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 10:14   #2521
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Best to get it done immediately after delivery when you will get the best exchange price for your present tires.
Lemme talk to the tyre place where i got my current car's tyre changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Check & document the spare also. I know they swapped out my spare after the 2nd service but since I did not have images, I could not prove it.
Thanks for the tip. Will do when I see the car next.

BTW the SA is insisting on entire payment before registration process starts. And since am exchanging my current ride , he wants me to submit the original RC as well. Is it normal?
Old 17th April 2019, 10:28   #2522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
BTW the SA is insisting on entire payment before registration process starts. And since am exchanging my current ride , he wants me to submit the original RC as well. Is it normal?
Yes, that is the way in which my Honda dealership also structured it. I submitted the original RC with them, with a receipt letter issued by them in this regard. Thereafter the entire payment is required to be made to the dealership, and till such time, they (or for that matter, any other car dealership) will not send the car for registration. This also means that the used car, which forms part of your total price, will also need to be handed over to them before registration. Some dealers will allow you to hand over the car on delivery day, as long as the original RC has been handed over to them.

Once I handed my existing car to them the evening before registration day, I was provided with a standard form delivery note from Honda Auto Terrace (used car division).

As for tyre change, do check with Madhus on Langford Road as well. They will give a good deal for BHPians. I got my tires changed from them a couple of weeks back.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 17th April 2019 at 10:32.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 10:38   #2523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tyres were Bridgestone B250s. Any idea how are those? Not sure where exactly the manufacturing year for the tyres are mentioned in Bridgestones[/ATTACH]
The Bridgestone B250s are economy grade tires and are an older model to my knowledge. They should suit average usage to be honest. For slightly more enthusiastic driving, an upgrade is a good option and it also weighs up the steering a bit. I drove to Madhus straight after taking delivery of my Jazz CVT and upgraded to Yokohama S Drives in 195 / 60 R15. Better tires make a big difference depending on your driving style. You cant go wrong with any of the popular tire upgrade options from Michelin or Yokohama or Continental etc.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 10:44   #2524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Entire payment before registration is fine, as long as you have the VIN number of the car and have done a PDI in the dealer yard for your satisfaction.

But I submitted the RC + tax token + insurance + pollution of my old car only on the day of the delivery of my new car. The dealer / SA did not even ask for them before that.
The delivery was as smooth as driving my old car in, handing over the keys + documents, signing on sale papers, signing on papers for the new car, and driving out the new car.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 07:47   #2525
Senior - BHPian

Update: Got my Jazz CVT ( exclusive edition) delivered yesterday. A couple of pics of the same:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190426_153846.jpg

This is the best angle IMO
Honda Jazz : Official Review-fb_img_1556301602721.jpg

The reason for the upgrade. CVT!!!
Honda Jazz : Official Review-fb_img_1556301606318.jpg

Exchanged my estilo. She was just 39k kms old in 8.5 years. But then the need of automatic meant she had to go

Honda Jazz : Official Review-fb_img_1556330732775.jpg
SoumenD is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 11:15   #2526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Got my Jazz CVT ( exclusive edition) delivered yesterday.
Congratulations ! Enjoy the smooth CVT and the almost noiseless engine.
The gunmetal alloys look good with the white color, and the spoiler gives the car balance. Do they fit the spoiler at the dealer level?
Old 28th April 2019, 18:10   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congratulations ! Enjoy the smooth CVT and the almost noiseless engine.
The gunmetal alloys look good with the white color, and the spoiler gives the car balance. Do they fit the spoiler at the dealer level?
Yes. The accessories like artificial leather seats, spoiler, black decals, illuminated door sill come in a package with the exclusive edition cars which are fit at dealers'. Only the alloys came standard.

Initial impression:

+ The engine is damn smooth, tough to make out it's running.
+ CVT is responsive enough to light foot and sports mode along with paddle shifters help in overtaking. Yet to hit highways though.
+ After Estilo (which wasn't really cramped per say) the space seems humongous.
+ Suspension is nicely tuned. Bad roads don't make the ride too unsettled.

- Didn't even come with mudflaps
- The brake bite seems a little too strong at times.
- Tanked up and did a reset , post which mileage shows ~8kmpl currently. Hope it improves overtime.
- Free service gets over within 6 months itself, post which every 6 months service, that's half the time compared to competition.

Dealership experience has been smooth so far. Hopefully stays the same going forward.

Last edited by SoumenD : 28th April 2019 at 18:37.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 21:14   #2528
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Got my Jazz CVT ( exclusive edition) delivered yesterday
Many congratulations on your new Jazz VX CVT.

You can't extract much of the mileage unless you drive on highways or long stretch within optimal speed limit.

For city driving, 8 km/l (I suppose you haven't done tankful reading yet) seems less but OK as the company claims 18 to 19 km/l ARAI

All in all, don't spoil the Fun driving your new car by looking at the mileage figures.
gjnnbagal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 08:10   #2529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post

All in all, don't spoil the Fun driving your new car by looking at the mileage figures.
Ofcourse not. But the typical indian kicks in at times you know

Question to experienced folks: is it worth going for paint protection like ceramic coating for white colour? I understand it makes sense for darker shades but for white?

Got a jopasu duster for normal dust cleaning and asked the car wash guy not to use his magical cloth for cleaning for now.
Old 29th April 2019, 11:48   #2530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse not. But the typical indian kicks in at times you know

Question to experienced folks: is it worth going for paint protection like ceramic coating for white colour? I understand it makes sense for darker shades but for white?

Got a jopasu duster for normal dust cleaning and asked the car wash guy not to use his magical cloth for cleaning for now.
The Honda white is Pearl White, and if properly done, ceramic coating would give the paint a nice 3d sort of effect.
However, a daily driver on city roads in bound to get nicks and nudges, so I would advise you to choose your detailer wisely, who knows what he is doing and not misguiding you with smokes & mirrors mumbo jumbo like 9H hardness or completely scratchproof guarantee, and also offers periodic cleaning / touchup services.
Old 30th April 2019, 11:03   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
is it worth going for paint protection like ceramic coating for white colour? I understand it makes sense for darker shades but for white?
I would suggest to get a new car treatment in 3M and then go home and apply a coat of Collinite 845. Now maintain this finish by re-applying 845 after claying and polishing as needed. With the dust and pollutants around us, ceramic coating is just not worth it. Alternately, you may plan to spend the same amount by upgrading to a fatter rubber and fixing a LED DRL's next to the fog lamps. My 2 cents
Old 1st May 2019, 15:28   #2532

Recently completed a 700 km trip in my month old car. The odometer reads 2500 km now. The car was stable on highway (in the plains) and had decent level of grip on the hairpin loops as well.

I tried everything that the car has to offer. Sports mode does help pickup but I felt the Drive mode to be quite capable on its own and the cabin was more quiet , even on uphill drive. Cruise control was a boon on the highway though couldn't use it fully due to horrible road manner in the plains.

The mileage was around 17 km/pl on flat roads and around 13.5 for the full trip. AC works brilliantly to keep the cabin chilled. The CVT's lack of punch for overtaking was evident though it's manageable to an extent, but only to an extent IMHO. Honestly speaking the CVT turns you into a laid back driver and you don't bother a few vehicles overtaking you on the road. The cabin feels peaceful and isolated from the stress of adjacent traffic.

The gearbox is excellent at cruising (100 kmph @ 2000 rpm) and makes the drive stress free. I was so happy driving an automatic,as on our way back we we're stuck in a 4 hour jam and I was least bothered about the same (quite unlike me)

Last edited by Eddy : 1st May 2019 at 15:44. Reason: Spacing for better readability
TarunSC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 20:21   #2533
Distinguished - BHPian

I own a Jazz CVT thats done close to 25,000 kms now. I use the Trip A to track the mileage of the on-going tank full and I keep Trip B to track long term mileage as I dont reset it. I find the Jazz calculates the mileage within 1 kmpl higher than the actual mileage. So if it is actually 12.6 kmpl, the car might show say 13.1 kmpl. Only once has the actual mileage been higher than the indicated mileage, that too by less than 0.5 kmpl.

Below is the mileage of my car over the last 7 - 8 months or so. This would have around 25% of highway driving or airport runs and the rest would be in city use.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20190430_224531_hdr.jpg
Quote:
I'll reserve my comments on whether or not a paint protection makes sense as each TBHPians perspective can be different and there is no one size fits all. I'll strongly suggest that you go for a paint protection film for the bumpers. Over the last 4 years my car has picked up its fair share of nicks and scratches on the bumpers and now I wish I had got the PPF done. Honda charges an exorbitant amount for getting these scratches fixed.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 12:18   #2534
BHPian

Finally I upgraded the tires with Continental CC5 185/65 R15. OEM tires were Goodyear Tripple max 175/65 R15. Initially I went to buy XM2 but the stock was nearly 10-12 months old. The CC5's were manufactured in March 2019. Dealer told me these wont last as long as Michelins on mileage front but it wont have the sidewall cracking issue.

Jazz with 175/65 was really sharp with handling but on concrete roads I could feel small vibrations. Thesuper tire mu ride has become a bit soft with 185 and the sharpness in handling has reduced a bit. Hopefully after the initial run-in, it becomes more engaging like the initial profile. During my short test drive, the car feels planted and the small vibrations even on the rear seat has gone. Based on calculation, the ground clearance has increased by 6.5 mm. In the beginning, I kind a felt like floating and I believe I need to get used to the increased GC.

Total cost: Rs. 19600 (4900 per tire)
Dealer: Super Tire , Mulund
Balancing, alignment and nitrogen filling were included.
XM2 were Rs.5450 per tire. I just received Rs.200 overall for my old 23000 kms run Goodyears ( slightly disappointing ). The employee at the store told me that no one will buy used GY and has to be scrapped.

Last week I did a solo drive from Trivandrum to Mumbai

Day 1 Trivandrum -> Mookambika temple (Kollur, near Udupi )
Nearly 780 kms completed in 18 hours. ( Overall mileage around 16 km/l )
a. Left Trivandrum at 3 AM, could reach Trisshur by 7:15 AM ( Mileage around 18.5 km/l )
b. Trisshur to Mangalore is really bad and I could barely cover 350 kms in 10 hours ( Ovelall mileage dropped to 15.5 km/l )
c. Final stretch is good from Mangalore till Kollur ( around 110 kms in 2 hours ) , reached at 8:15 pm

Day 2 Kollur -> Shimoga -> Arsikere- >Bangalore ( around 470 kms )
Route is good and overall mileage of 17 km/l

Day 3 Bangalore -> Hyderabad ( 580 kms in 6.5 hours, mileage around 15.5 km/l )
Left Bangalore at 5:30 AM and reached HYD at 12.00 PM , beautiful roads and I was cruising the complete stretch at 110-120 kms, no traffic and Fastag worked at most of the tolls.

Day 6: Hyd - Mumbai ( mileage around 16 km/l )
I stayed in HYD for 2 days and then drove back to Mumbai. The stretch before Solapur is still not good. Another issue I faced is with Google rerouting as soon as I reach Pune, I had to drive through the city during peak time. I faced the same issue last year too.

I have an upcoming Mumbai-Hyderabad trip next week , will update the mileage with the new upsized tires.

Attaching the pics for reference. GY's are really good but most of my 23000 kms completed were munched on highway. Even though the dry/wet grip is excellent, I don't get enough confidence at highway speeds (may be psychological)

Note: I've installed Garware Iceshield sunfilm on all windows before my trip, now AC is effective even during noon time. I see bubbles on my right rear door within a week. It will be replaced once I drive back to Trivandrum next year.

First pic: Kappil beach in Kollam ( side profile with GY's )
Second : GY at 23000 kms ( 24 months completed )
Third: Side profile with Continental tyres (in Mumbai)
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image1.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-image2.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-image3.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-image4.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-image5.jpeg  

Last edited by rahulskumar : 7th May 2019 at 12:20. Reason: adding info
rahulskumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 13:03   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Finally I upgraded the tires with Continental CC5 185/65 R15. OEM tires were Goodyear Tripple max 175/65 R15.
Any specific reason you got the 185/65R15 which has +2.1% diameter over the original spec 175/65R15, rather than the 195/60R15 which has +0.8% diameter over the original spec 175/65R15 and hence would have lesser speedo/odo error?

Source: https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks