Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2019, 16:34   #2596
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Since you were able to start the engine without any hiccup, battery doesn't seem to be the problem here. I suspect some loose connection in wiring that goes to the fan. Any evidence of rodent infestation in the engine bay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Culprit #1 - Batteries EoL

#2 - Loose wires?
I do not think it is loose wires as on restarting the engine, the blower started normally as if nothing was ever wrong. So I suspect either it was a software glitch or it was the battery going weak (it is 40 months and ~50k km old). the car was idling for about a couple minutes before this problem occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post

I feel this is an issue since the dealership is cagey about replying anything definite. Even City models are easily running @ 35k to 45k between replacement s. Also to the best of my knowledge, this is the first regular hatchback vehicle to run out of brake pads within @ 10k KMs.

Let's see whether other users are also facing anything similar.
My Jazz diesel brakes were changed around 50k with 3mm left (with no lining or grooves on the disk). I think the dealers are fleecing customers here. There is actually no way to check if the pads have worn out for a layman. You will have to rely on what they say. I personally get mine checked/measured at a FNG periodically and change going by measurement.

Last edited by feluda86 : 2nd July 2019 at 16:35. Reason: Added 1 line
feluda86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 11:47   #2597
BHPian

Dear Jazz owners,

Over the weekend i had my first drive in the hills. Its a petrol engine with a manual transmission. 02 passengers during the trip.My feedback is that the ride and handling on the curves is excellent. But i am totally disappointed with the performance while climbing uphill, low end torque is quite low and the engine simply feels like a dead horse. Very frequently i have to change to the first gear to extract the power. i was wondering had it been all 05 passengers in the car, what would have been the performance.I don't know how the CVT combination will actually perform in these conditions.
jazzy47 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 13:30   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
Dear Jazz owners,

Over the weekend i had my first drive in the hills. Its a petrol engine with a manual transmission. 02 passengers during the trip.My feedback is that the ride and handling on the curves is excellent. But i am totally disappointed with the performance while climbing uphill, low end torque is quite low and the engine simply feels like a dead horse. Very frequently i have to change to the first gear to extract the power. i was wondering had it been all 05 passengers in the car, what would have been the performance.I don't know how the CVT combination will actually perform in these conditions.
My uncle owns Jazz stick shift and I've driving both the models extensively. I took my auto Jazz with 5 people to Munnar. During steep inclines, I used L mode most of the time. I can understand your frustration here. Especially with Jazz petrol models, I always felt CVT was much better than stick shift in isolating the initial low end torque.With 2 people,I have never felt automatic version under powered, but the equation changes when car is fully loaded. Anyways both stick shift and automatic petrol model are not suited for hilly regions. I found other petrol hatchbacks much suited for such conditions. Honda has tuned the ratios for higher fuel efficiency and along with the higher kerb weight, the vehicle feels slightly sluggish. My Dad's i20 CVT returns 7-8 kmpl and Jazz returns 11-12 kmpl easily when he drives on the same route inside Mumbai. i20 cvt is quick and he loves it. I usually get 15-16 kmpl in Hyderabad. On highways Jazz is a rock star, cannot deny it.

Each and every car has a drawback and the vehicle design serves different purpose, just accept it and drive happily. Jazz makes us a sedate driver and you realize this when you switch to a powerful car. If you are driving mostly on flat roads, then no need to keep worrying about the pickup

Last edited by rahulskumar : 6th July 2019 at 13:50.
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 17:27   #2599
Distinguished - BHPian

I recently completed a 1250 km round trip in my Jazz CVT that was put through so many different road conditions. Driving from Cochin to Wayanad, which has quite a bit of narrow roads and high traffic, there were a couple of occasions where I needed that low down punch from the engine to make a quick overtake. The 1.2 petrol engine does disappoint in those scenarios. Combining these conditions, easy cruising in and around Sultan Bathery and highway driving, I got a very impressive 16 kmpl from the little petrol engine.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-p6271216-copy-large.jpg

On some wide Tamil Nadu highways, I used the S mode and made merry with the paddle shifters for quite a while. The engine does a good job in these conditions though the spirited driving brought the mileage down to around 13.5 kmpl.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-p6301603-large.jpg

The car is inching up on the 28 K mark on the odometer and overall, we are quite happy with the Jazz. Its a shame that Honda has overpriced the car and turned away many potential buyers from what is a very sensible purchase indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Jazz makes us a sedate driver and you realize this when you switch to a powerful car.
That is very true. Luckily for me all the cars in my family are 1.2 litre petrols
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 18:08   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The car is inching up on the 28 K mark on the odometer and overall, we are quite happy with the Jazz. Its a shame that Honda has overpriced the car and turned away many potential buyers from what is a very sensible purchase indeed.

That is very true. Luckily for me all the cars in my family are 1.2 litre petrols

Even I get around 16-17 kmpl on highways. There are teambhp members who extract more by driving sedately. I can definitly understand your driving style now. Mahajan sir reports really good mileage with his V CVT.

Ocasionally I do miss paddle shifters, but many reviews mentioned about issues with the top end variant music system and along with the running pattern alloy design made me switch to S variant. Later I installed pioneer music system from outside and I purchased Honda City 15 inch alloys from showroom itself.

Honda definitely killed Jazz with the pricing and 6 month service interval. Same petrol engine in WRV needs servicing every 12 months. I did not go through each and every page of this thread, did someone check with Honda why Jazz needs changing synthetic oil every 6 months?

Even my Jazz completed 28k kms.
After driving Jazz extensively and whenever I switch to another car, I am super careful when calculating the front clearance. Jazz has a very small bonnet whereas most of the D segment sedans have huge area in front which we cannot see from drivers seat. Many make mistake of bringing the car too close to the wall while parking

Last edited by rahulskumar : 12th July 2019 at 18:10.
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 19:15   #2601
BHPian

Here's an interesting scenario I face with my car's digipad that I wanted to share.

I pair my phone thru BT and am on a call. Upon reaching home, I bring the car to P and turn it off but the call is active and I can still finish the call thru the car's mic & speakers. If the call is still active and I turn the car back on, call continues un-interrupted on BT - i.e digipad continues to remain on throughout.

On other days, the digipad also resets/re-boots as soon as I re-start the car. The call is still on, but I have to then continue the call on the phone (generally, scrambling to grab the phone when I realize digipad is re-booting). I haven't waited to see if BT & call is restored if I wait long enough for the digipad to boot up, display the customary warning etc.

Anyone else faced the same? Is it expected behavior?

Car: Jazz 2018 VX CVT. Push button start/stop. Stock HU.
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 19:15   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
i was wondering had it been all 05 passengers in the car, what would have been the performance.I don't know how the CVT combination will actually perform in these conditions.
Well I did drive around Wayanad with full load of 5 passengers for around 3 days in my last vacation. Mine is a MY2019 car, with just 1.5k on the odo. The CVT actually masks the lower end lack of power to some extent. Never once did I face any issues as such. Although in steep inclines it's better to gain some momentum before hand but once or twice even from stand still, although a bit slow, it didn't roll back or stall as such. Inspite of lack of HHA, the CVT does well to hold the car from rolling back on inclines.

Sports mode isn't really all that sporty but if one maintains rpm above 3k, the performance is adequately enjoyable.

Current update: It's my daily driver in Bangalore. Started off with 11kmpl when new, now I am getting ~12kmpl every tankfull. Range is typically between 380-420kms post which only 1 bar is left and I go for a tankfull. Wish the tank was a slight bigger, good enough for another 100kms so that I could reduce the petrol bunk visits to 2 per month. Currently my running is 46-47kms daily and every 10 days approx I pay a visit to gas station. All this with single occupancy and 100% ACC usage at 24degrees. Typical drive time being 7AM-8AM, 3:15PM-4:30PM along outer ring road and some narrow village lanes

Overall satisfied with the purchase. At 10.7L , although a slight expensive, I don't see any other alternative giving me a similar smooth & frugal auto transmission, decent build quality (doors are surprisingly heavy compared to my friend's Figo) along with such space & decent features. Only issue I face is with android auto acting up once in a while. And yes the CVT has made me a sedate driver

Last edited by SoumenD : 12th July 2019 at 19:25.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 19:25   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Combining these conditions, easy cruising in and around Sultan Bathery and highway driving, I got a very impressive 16 kmpl from the little petrol engine.
Great! I am nearing 800kms in my jazz VX CVT. Initially I used to get around 11 or 12kmpl, but now it is reaching 14-15 range. I travel to infopark daily from Chottanikkara - through seaport airport road, and the dreaded Thiruvankulam - Karingachira strip. Considering that I feel my FE is awesome

Quote:
Its a shame that Honda has overpriced the car and turned away many potential buyers from what is a very sensible purchase indeed.
Dealers are giving some good discounts though, apart from the 45k offered by Honda.
Vishfull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 06:43   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Here's an interesting scenario I face with my car's digipad that I wanted to share.

I pair my phone thru BT and am on a call. Upon reaching home, I bring the car to P and turn it off but the call is active and I can still finish the call thru the car's mic & speakers. If the call is still active and I turn the car back on, call continues un-interrupted on BT - i.e digipad continues to remain on throughout.

On other days, the digipad also resets/re-boots as soon as I re-start the car. The call is still on, but I have to then continue the call on the phone (generally, scrambling to grab the phone when I realize digipad is re-booting). I haven't waited to see if BT & call is restored if I wait long enough for the digipad to boot up, display the customary warning etc.

I had seen system crashing in my friends Honda City. Take a video and send it to Honda. Did you raise this issue with Honda and what did they tell ?
Old 13th July 2019, 07:28   #2605
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
Great! I am nearing 800kms in my jazz VX CVT.
Are you missing your Punto?? How did you feel when you close your Jazz doors as you were closing the doors of Punto for 8 years. I am not getting the feeling of ‘going back to Honda’ (next car) after using the Honda City for past 5+ years, told the same when I got exchange offer calls from different Honda dealers.

Last edited by pavi : 13th July 2019 at 07:30.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 08:41   #2606
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
Great! I am nearing 800kms in my jazz VX CVT. Initially I used to get around 11 or 12kmpl, but now it is reaching 14-15 range. I travel to infopark daily from Chottanikkara - through seaport airport road, and the dreaded Thiruvankulam - Karingachira strip. Considering that I feel my FE is awesome

Dealers are giving some good discounts though, apart from the 45k offered by Honda.
You make me envious. We need to cross the Palarivattom bye pass Junction. FE went below 8, and now stands at 9.8 after a 200 km run on the 4 lane NH. FE figures are as per the display.

And what discount did you get?
Old 13th July 2019, 10:24   #2607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post

The bluetooth feature of the digipad 2.0 is another mystery.
What I have seen is, that if you tun on the phone bluetooth first and then turn on the AVN unit, bluetooth connectivity is instantaneous.
Even if you don't turn on the AVN unit, bluetooth connectivity is established in the background.
So bluetooth connectivity is not dependent on turning the AVN unit on or off.
However, if the AVN unit is turned on and after that the bluetooth of the phone is turned on, I have never seen bluetooth connected automatically. Then you have to go deep in the phone's bluetooth menu of 'previously connected devices', and then connect to 'hondanavi'.

If you would want to stop using the AVN unit for calling, the best way is to switch off the bluetooth from the phone.

Also be advised, that 'switching off the car -> acc mode -> start' , 'switching of the car -> start', 'switching off AVN-> switching off the car -> acc mode -> start', 'switching off AVN->switching of the car -> start' are all interpreted as different actions by the car & AVN unit, and it shall behave likewise.

The Digipad 2.0 AVN unit is an enigma by itself - perhaps I shall open a new thread to just track & discuss issues, tips n tricks & features of the same.
blackasta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 19:50   #2608
BHPian

I purchased pillar brake lamps online. The quality of the product is really good. I had even purchased the front fog lamps and DRL from the same seller before and it is working flawlessly.

Please check the attached images.
1st arrow: There is a plug with a rubber washer beneath it. This does not have any opening and it is closed. I tried to open this but felt it would get damaged.

2nd arrow: There is a small opening , but it does not open to the rear hatch inside area ( i meant the plastic cladding inside/behind the number plate area

We just need to connect it to the high mount brake lights. Could anyone guide me to route the wire?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190713_190853.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190713_192701.jpg  

rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 04:33   #2609
BHPian

Sorry for back to back post. Just now I completed installing the pillar lights. The lights were not properly fitting as my model did not have the is provision to wire. I had difficulty in routing the cables. The right side light was easy to fit as we already have some holes to route the cables. I could not get the wires of the left side light to the high mount lamp, later I took it along the rear glass. ( 3rd image )

Last image is the front fog lamps with DRL. One switch was already present in the kit. I ordered one additional switch for DRL (from aliexpress). Fog and DRL are independent, but must be careful to switch them off.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20190714wa0004.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20190714wa0007.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20190714wa0002.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20190714wa0000.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20190710wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by rahulskumar : 14th July 2019 at 04:56.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 11:28   #2610
BANNED

I believe DRLs serve the purpose if they function without human intervention. Correct me if I'm wrong. There ought to be a way to do this. (Accessories mode?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks