Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 16:22   #2701
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Therefore, engine - wise and basic mechanicals wise, there should not be any huge or alarming costs that you should be apprehensive about, in the course of ordinary wear and tear over the life of the car. No rattles as such on the Brio as well, and the little car takes bad roads like a champ.
That is some assurance. Honda Amaze is a downgrade to many of their own cars. Not many compact sedans are cheaper than their related hatchbacks. Although one can say Amaze is based on Brio more than the Jazz, still it felt a lot cheaper than any Honda I have experienced so far.

We are confident about the engine and the features are quite good to stand relevant for another 5 years minimum. Being a petrol engine, the longevity should not be a worry we feel. Sometimes, there are relatives and family friends who put thoughts into our parent's mind which make them judge a certain car as per what they have been told.

Have a strong urge to stop contemplating and looking for options and go for the Jazz, even the V variant is decently loaded with features.
Old 10th September 2019, 10:55   #2702
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine is currently contemplating on buying either a jazz / amaze on CVT trims .

Just realised that the jazz has 5000km interval where as amaze has 10000 km interval.

How much of a difference does it make in the servicing costs ?
Old 10th September 2019, 20:41   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine is currently contemplating on buying either a jazz / amaze on CVT trims .

Just realised that the jazz has 5000km interval where as amaze has 10000 km interval.

I don't think that is true. Even Jazz has a service interval of 10k kms.
Old 10th September 2019, 21:29   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
I don't think that is true. Even Jazz has a service interval of 10k kms.

It is 10k or 6 months whichever is early. For most (all?) other cars, it is 10k or 1 year whichever is earlier.
Old 10th September 2019, 21:58   #2705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

You need to do the service every 6 months: whether you like it or not or your extended warranty will lapse. No wonder Amaze is selling in good numbers, it's got the engine & transmission options covered and its a compact 3 box sedan and that makes it more enticing to the mass market and Jazz has been given a 'stepmotherly' treatment by Honda India. It should have got the 1.5 iVTEC + CVT combo + features like 6 airbags/magic seats/ great ICE and speakers, 'Jazz' ed up interior and it would have sold in good numbers. Honda just sat on it's hands in the case of Jazz and it's gradually been falling of people's radars.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 10th September 2019 at 22:03.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 23:00   #2706
BHPian

Hello all,

I have a 2015 VX MT. This monsoon season I noticed a peculiar issue in my car - water accumulation in the foot wells.

It started with the driver side foot well. Literally a pool had formed after it had rained heavily for a couple of days here in Mumbai, around 2 months back. I initially thought it might have been because of wet footwear. The car went for servicing where it was pointed out that all four weather strips were damaged. I simply ignored that. Couple of days later I again faced the same issue. This time in the right rear foot well. After doing a quick Google search I realised that damaged weather strips could be a cause for such a leakage. I promptly got them replaced; actually just 3, the driver side one couldn't be replaced as the new one was damaged. To be honest, when I told the service manager about the issue, he said that ideally they would need to do a thorough check to identify the cause for water leakage. I ignored this advice since I was shifting my residence and needed the car. Do note that the car used to be parked in the open.

I have been parking the car in the basement at our new residence for the last one month. Last week, Mumbai again had a spell of heavy rains. The car was parked near my office, out in the open. I returned to find that the rear right passenger foot well had again flooded. Needless to say I again took the car to the workshop last Saturday and asked them to thoroughly check the issue. Today I was told that there seems to be some problem with the sealants on the welds all around the car. It seems to have dried up. I was also told about some leakage happening from around the speakers and that some sort of plastic around the power window switches needing replacement as well. The entire carpet too needs to be taken out and dried out properly.

I have been given a quote for ₹9k-₹10k. I suffer from asthma and the mold problem inside the car is really troublesome. Last time all the seats were convered in a white coating of fungal outgrowth. I also don't have any time to visit the workshop to personally check the problem. And I need the car back by this weekend. Considering all the above I asked them to go ahead with the repair work.

But I am just wondering, is such kind of water leakage normal? I have maintained my car really well. Even when I park the car in the open, I take utmost precaution of ensuring that there is some proper shade, atleast for few hours.

I did some quick Google search earlier today and I can across a Honda Fit forum where some people have had exactly the same issue. The identified cause also seemed to be very similar (atleast from what I could make out from the written content and images). Only difference being that those Fits/Jazzes were over ten years old (02/04 models).

Any thoughts/suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 10th September 2019 at 23:09. Reason: Spelling
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 23:59   #2707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2015 VX MT. This monsoon season I noticed a peculiar issue in my car - water accumulation in the foot well
This is a often reported issue in city / jazz - please check the cause & remedy in this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...jazz-city.html (Solved! Water leakage problem in the Honda Jazz & City)
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 06:44   #2708
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2015 VX MT. This monsoon season I noticed a peculiar issue in my car - water accumulation in the foot wells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
This is a often reported issue in city / jazz - please check the cause & remedy in this thread:
The fix mentioned in the thread did not work for me as the root cause was entirely different. I had attached a video describing how the water enters the footwell (excuse the sound quality). The above fix will work only if anyone is hearing a ‘water pool splashing’ sound when they close the door when the water leakage is happening. The fix that I have made is explained in the below link. Please check.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4654623

It is very easy to remove the interior door panels. One screw needs to be removed and just pull it out. You will hear lot of ‘tak tak’ sounds, fear not it’s just the plastic locks. I don’t even remember how many times I have opened the door pads, for damping, for analysing, for fixing etc.

Note: power windows make it easier to remove the interior panel when compared with the normal winders.

Last edited by pavi : 11th September 2019 at 06:49.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 08:47   #2709
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Yesterday got Delivery of my Radiant Red Jazz VX CVT. After delivery straight away upgraded the tyres to Michelin Primacy 4ST with 195 60 Profiles.

Absolutely love the way she drives. Still getting a feel of driving AT's.

Thanks to dear friend and bhpian Overlander for his guidance to own this beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20190911wa0149.jpg  

cn.vishnu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 09:13   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn.vishnu View Post
Hi Guys,

Yesterday got Delivery of my Radiant Red Jazz VX CVT. After delivery straight away upgraded the tyres to Michelin Primacy 4ST with 195 60 Profiles.

Absolutely love the way she drives. Still getting a feel of driving AT's.
Congrats on your purchase! The Jazz is arguably the best premium hatchback in my opinion. The top auto variant is totally worth it. I switched from manual to auto after 10 years in 2017 with my Creta diesel auto. And I am never going to back to manual!

Would you mind sharing how much you had to spend on swapping the tyres?

Congrats again on your new ride!
SedateMotorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 09:28   #2711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
Congrats on your purchase! The Jazz is arguably the best premium hatchback in my opinion. The top auto variant is totally worth it. I switched from manual to auto after 10 years in 2017 with my Creta diesel auto. And I am never going to back to manual!

Would you mind sharing how much you had to spend on swapping the tyres?

Congrats again on your new ride!
Hi SedateMotorhead,

Many thanks; the dealer/owner of Balaji Wheels - Nerul is a dear friend; he was not in town so I'm yet to pay him. Ballpark figures are as follows:-

1. Goodyears Stock buyback - 3k Per tyre
2. Michelin Primacy 4ST - 6.5K per tyre.

Will share the actual price paid once he is back. Should be done over the weekend.
cn.vishnu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 18:35   #2712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I believe this topic was discussed earlier, the 1.2 Jazz always had the 6 month service interval. However, once the WRV came out with the same engine, the service intervals were increased. This is what our official review said

Quote:
First service at 1,000 km, second service at 5,000 km, third service at 10,000 km. Then, service intervals of 10,000 km / 12 months. Finally common sense prevailed at Honda!
It looked as though Honda listened to its customers and hence the Amaze also comes with the longer service intervals.

I would suggest that your friend look at the discounts on offer on both the Jazz and Amaze and then factor in these service costs (lets assume Rs 5K per service) to see which is better VFM. The new Amaze is a rather underappreciated car.
Old 22nd September 2019, 10:31   #2713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn.vishnu View Post
Hi Guys,

Yesterday got Delivery of my Radiant Red Jazz VX CVT. .
Congratulations on the ride. What kind of offer did you get & manufacturing month/year? Enjoy the smooth engine transmission combo
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I believe this topic was discussed earlier, the 1.2 Jazz always had the 6 month service interval. However, once the WRV came out with the same engine, the service intervals were increased. This is what our official review said
It's strange that the wrv with same engine has 10k kms/1 year interval whereas even the 2019 Jazz still has 6 months/10k kms service interval.

Question: My CVT would be completing 5 months & 6000kms next week. Is it apt to go for wheel alignment and balancing now or should I wait till 10k kms? I don't face any issues as such as of now. Would get it done from outside & not from ASC as they fleece customers in this department.

Last edited by SoumenD : 22nd September 2019 at 10:41.
Old 23rd September 2019, 09:01   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations on the ride. What kind of offer did you get & manufacturing month/year? Enjoy the smooth engine transmission combo
Thanks Soumen; Manufacturing was July 2019; OTR was 10L with additional warranty , RSA , Honda Assure Zero Dep Insurance.
cn.vishnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 11:46   #2715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Question: My CVT would be completing 5 months & 6000kms next week. Is it apt to go for wheel alignment and balancing now or should I wait till 10k kms? I don't face any issues as such as of now. Would get it done from outside & not from ASC as they fleece customers in this department.
I usually stick to a 5 - 6 thousand kilometer interval for checking the wheel alignment and balancing. To me, if at all there is any minor adjustment needed, it makes sense to catch it earlier (at 5K kms) rather than later (at 10K kms) since these things can lead uneven wear of the tires.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks