Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2019, 13:00   #2731
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
You can use the 1.5A port to connect USB Drive. Don't need any external attachment.
Hii so tried using the 1.5A port and worked like a charm .
Personalising the wallpaper of the ICE is a great option and hope all cars have this feature someday . Attaching pictures after uploading to the ICE.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0645.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0643.jpg  

Old 29th October 2019, 08:21   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
This is a question for 2015 VX model owners only. Not relevant for others.

I changed my car's battery and the clock in the infotainment system has got reset to 2012. Does anyone know how to set the date and time? VX model 2015 system.
Coincidence or what (4 year life for OEM battery?); changed the battery on my 2015 VX last weekend. Fitted an Amaron Flo. Batterywale was prompt, efficient and probably cheapest, as in the past.

Once the old battery was disconnected, it took about 10 minutes to clean up and connect the new one. The clock on the odometer and the fuel efficiency display got reset. However the clock on the infotainment system still shows the correct date and time. It probably has an inbuilt real time clock or a super capacitor to hold on for a few minutes.

The clock on the odometer could intuitively be set back to current using the rather long and seemingly frail stalk.

The user manual that came with the car does have a page on setting the infotainment system clock. In case you do not have the manual and need a pic, let me know.
knockout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 06:58   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Coincidence or what (4 year life for OEM battery?); changed the battery on my 2015 VX last weekend. Fitted an Amaron Flo. Batterywale was prompt, efficient and probably cheapest, as in the past.

The user manual that came with the car does have a page on setting the infotainment system clock. In case you do not have the manual and need a pic, let me know.

Hi! Coincidence for sure! I also got the battery from Batterywale. Prompt service for sure.

I have managed to figure out that the infotainment clock is tagged to the GPS. Once the car had a strong signal (which it did not inside the office parking), it reset itself to the correct time.

Thanks!
Old 5th November 2019, 15:00   #2734
BHPian

60000KMS of pure bliss in the last 4 year's. 90% of it on the streets of Chennai City. Jazz is really a cute underrated car. iDTEC is really a gem of an engine. As GTO says in this thread (The emergence of fantastic 1.5L diesels in the Indian car scene)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There are good & bad 1.2L petrols in the market. Interestingly, with the 1.5L diesels, they are all - universally - excellent. Pick any 1.5L diesel in India and you'll see that it:

Honda's all-rounded but noisy engine
Also marks my 100000+ kms of drive in Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-60c2bdb0f6604cb39ff41bb01a2d84a6.jpeg  

Last edited by saisree : 5th November 2019 at 15:04.
Old 5th November 2019, 19:54   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
60000KMS of pure bliss in the last 4 year's. 90% of it on the streets of Chennai City. Jazz is really a cute underrated car.
I will second that but only when you restrict to city drive. My friend used Jazz on rough roads and was not happy with GC. Agree that it is an amazing car. Actually it was on my next buy list but price and GC ruled it out since I keep on driving outstations and yeah Bangalore will remind you dirt roads on daily basis demanding high GC
Old 6th November 2019, 12:32   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
My friend used Jazz on rough roads and was not happy with GC. Agree that it is an amazing car. Actually it was on my next buy list but price and GC ruled it out since I keep on driving outstations and yeah Bangalore will remind you dirt roads on daily basis demanding high GC
I haven't faced this situation, where the drive is not convenient on the rough roads. Chennai roads are no different from Bengaluru.

Below is from our own Jazz Review. Don't think any car can ride well if there is only potholes and car breakers (AKA Speed Breakers in Bengaluru).

Would recommend to think again on the buying decision and do a TD of the Super Mini - Jazz.

Quote:
Ride, Handling, Steering & Braking

The new Jazz sits on a well tweaked suspension that is a massive improvement over the old car. Crashing into potholes is a thing of the past and now, it no longer feels under-damped at low speeds. Honda has managed to iron out the stiffness in the ride quality very nicely. The Jazz rides comfortably on Indian roads. You won't hear those annoying 'thuds' like in the old Jazz either!
Quote:
Must add that the new suspension should see it handle speed breakers better than the old car. The new Jazz doesn't appear to sag as easily anymore.
Quote:
Ride quality at higher speeds is competent as well. It manages to absorb most irregularities and doesn't feel over-sprung like the old car. The Jazz glides over the rough stuff without breaking into a sweat. Honda's objective was clearly to improve comfort levels and it has succeeded.
Old 6th November 2019, 13:09   #2737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Would recommend to think again on the buying decision and do a TD of the Super Mini - Jazz.
I am a petrol guy and want to stay miles away from diesel. Considering the mileage for petrol in city conditions (please read as Bangalore), what is the average it will give?
And interestingly when it comes to hatches of mid size (aka sub 4 meters), there are tones of options (I call a hatch a hatch and not like compact SUV or anything of that sort, giving me good cars including Nexon, WRV, Ecosport, Jazz, i20 Active etc., each had positives and negatives but the number was large to confuse). This made me to jump one level below to compact hatches where only Tiago could win my heart due to space and build quality. It was an easy choice. I may start looking in that segment later.
Old 9th November 2019, 19:53   #2738
BHPian

One of my favourite observations about the car: chassis stiffness. Even at this level of twist (one wheel is about 5 inches off the ground), all 5 doors can be opened without even a hint of additional effort. The chassis is that stiff. All those OEM claims seem to have a meaning, after all!

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20191109wa0013.jpg
vipul_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 19:42   #2739
BANNED

2019 June registered V CVT. From day one, on rough roads - like junctions paved with concrete blocks or even reflectors on lane dividers, a tinny vibration comes from back. My suspect was the number plate, but sticking 2 or 3 thick two side tapes behind it has made no difference. Where else could be the problem?

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 10th November 2019 at 19:43.
Old 10th November 2019, 20:08   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am a petrol guy and want to stay miles away from diesel. Considering the mileage for petrol in city conditions (please read as Bangalore), what is the average it will give?
Am getting 11+ consistently(T2T method, MID shows 12.xx) with 2-3 people onboard on my 2019 VX CVT in bangalore. Purely office commute(7-8AM/3-4PM) along ORR & typical non-existent arterial roads.
Quote:
I will second that but only when you restrict to city drive. My friend used Jazz on rough roads and was not happy with GC. Agree that it is an amazing car. Actually it was on my next buy list but price and GC ruled it out since I keep on driving outstations and yeah Bangalore will remind you dirt roads on daily basis demanding high GC
Even I was looking for nexon and likes for exact same fear. But sadly none satisfied my requirement of a decently frugal(10+ kmpl city mielage) petrol AT(TC/CVT) within 10-11L OTR & eventually had to compromise with Jazz CVT. But the suspension has actually surprised me. It has hold on to its own till now in last 6 months & 7000+ kms of usage. *Touchwood* But I do intend to go for spacers(Rogerab) as and when it gets a bit old & starts sagging.

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th November 2019 at 20:17.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:28   #2741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
2019 June registered V CVT. From day one, on rough roads - like junctions paved with concrete blocks or even reflectors on lane dividers, a tinny vibration comes from back. My suspect was the number plate, but sticking 2 or 3 thick two side tapes behind it has made no difference. Where else could be the problem?
Try adjusting the 2 screw type rubber spacers on the hatch door.
Old 11th November 2019, 12:35   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Check this thread and my post (Honda Jazz DIY: Reducing rattles and custom lighting for the cabin & boot)for the same issue. Its actually the parcel tray that creates this sound
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 09:04   #2743
BHPian

Hii fellow Jazzers,
The Jazz is now 5 weeks old – 1000 km run and completed the first service.
I wanted to share my two cents on the car. FYI, I have upgraded from a Grand i10 (2014 model) and also drive an AWD XUV over the weekends.

Let's get done with the not so good things first
1) Even the top-end variant CVT VX doesn’t have mudflaps and same must be installed/ paid for separately
2) ORVM’s are not auto-folding: Deadhorse – was available in my Sports variant i10 grand as well and she wasn’t even the top end model
3) The pick up is slow and the engine feels underpowered for the size of the car.
4) The so-called compulsory accessory package of floor mats and pillow is quite disappointing, especially with the cheap feel of the mats which are literally paper-thin.
5) Seat covers though beautiful (original Honda accessory) cost a bomb
6) The abysmal performance of the Android Auto which I use extensively on daily commute. I have to yet test out Apple car play with my primary device which is the iPhone (heard performance is better). Avoided until now to achieve better battery performance of the iPhone.

Now the good stuff
1) THE CVT gearbox is absolute bliss to drive. The gear shift is smooth and the rubber band effect minimal as compared to the rivals ( CVT’s tested prior to purchase)
2) The huge space and airy cabin is an absolute boon and accommodates the family really well
3) The big boot only compliments the space inside
4) The digipad 2.0 is fun to use except AA and the choice of personalizing the wallpaper neat.
5) In love with the look of the Jazz though unchanged from the last upgrade, I can see why she looks funky and aesthetically pleasing.
6) To sum it up, definitely the best choice over rivals and would choose the Jazz any day.

Few queries :
- DO the newer cars have any running in period nowadays- have tried to keep speed in check and only now pushing the car above 100 kmph / 4k rev
- The different tyre pressure in front/ rear is cumbersome, is it really necessary. Would all round 32 suffice?
- The average on the ODO hovers around 10 at best in city traffic. Will this improve

Thanks in advance
Cheers.

Last edited by navin : 21st November 2019 at 11:03. Reason: typos
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 10:34   #2744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
- DO the newer cars have any running in period nowadays- have tried to keep speed in check and only now pushing the car above 100 kmph / 4k rev
Ideally no. But since engine is new it is better to keep under 100kmph until you hit 2000/3000 kilometers on ODO.
Quote:
- The different tyre pressure in front/ rear is cumbersome, is it really necessary . Would all round 32 suffice.
I keep same pressure in my Tiago (33) and Ertiga(34) even though the recommended is different in front and back. This works well. But please make sure the air pressure gives you comfy ride with good average and does not damage the tyres. I kept an eye for 6 months and settled on above figures.
Quote:
- Average on the ODO hovers around 10 at best in city traffic. Will this improve
Perhaps after first oil change. Nothing much till then.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 11:53   #2745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hii fellow Jazzers,
The Jazz is now 5 weeks old – 1000 km run .
Nice observations.

Few pointers from my end:

Even I added the front and rear mudflaps as DIY (bought from amazon)

The engine would open up and the pickup from standstill shall improve after 10k kms.

The OEM Honda carpet type mats are quite nice IMO - I added a heel pad (DIY) on the driver side mat.

The Digipad 2.0 has it's fair share of gremlins - faced quite a few ssues and have resolutions for almost all of them. Do ping me if you get stuck.

You can keep the tire pressure 32 all around, but it would result in a bouncy ride if you are the only one in the car. As 90% time I am the single person in the car, I keep it 32 front and 30 rear.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks