Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 13:23   #2761
BANNED

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Hi Guys, I just got a new Samsung A50 phone. Turned the blue tooth on but it is not reading the usual "Honda Navi". The phone is recognizing every other device around except the Honda Navi. Any advice? or do I have to go to the service center for this?
It is "Honda HFT" on V CVT.
Old 16th December 2019, 14:00   #2762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
It is "Honda HFT" on V CVT.
Its a Honda Jazz VX CVT 2019 July model.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th December 2019 at 15:14. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 16th December 2019, 15:40   #2763
BANNED

Understood. The devices on the cars are very different.you have what is called the Digipad 2. Is that what the device on V variant is called?
On this - mine - the device pairs once for phone. But you need to pair again from the "source" button (below the "radio" button) to play music. I have not tried navigation, I don't care right now - probably it is not available.
Also, from the settings, in the bluetooth menu, a mobile device can be "forgotten". IIRC, only 2 devices will be remembered at a time. Do try telling Digipad 2 to forget older / other pairings.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 16th December 2019 at 15:42.
Old 23rd December 2019, 16:58   #2764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Hi Guys, I just got a new Samsung A50 phone. Turned the blue tooth on but it is not reading the usual "Honda Navi". The phone is recognizing every other device around except the Honda Navi. Any advice? or do I have to go to the service center for this?
Hi,
I have the same combination. Honda jazz VX model with Samsung A50. I have no issues in pairing. To be precise, can you please share an image of your AVN. Mine is 2016 model. Looks like you have a newer version.
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:16   #2765
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I did a small mod to enhance the initial pick up. My uncle has Jazz stick shift and he was always cribbing about the low end torque and was even planning to sell within 3 months of purchase. My CVT model also struggles with 5 people on board. I just used one small plastic piece from some toy and brought down the air intake pipe by an inch.

I have test driven my CVT model for 7k kms and my uncle has already completed 10k kms using this setup. We both have driven during the rainy season and water has not entered the air filter. There is a slight increase in pick up in shift variant. We can easily find the difference when driven in mountain areas like Valparai and Munnar.Usually when I had to downshift to 1st gear to climb steep slope , most of the times we can now do it in 2nd itself. My uncle is very happy with the marginal increase in low end torque. Kerala roads dont allow us to drive more than 100 so no clue how the high end performance will be.

I saw slight decrease in mileage in my CVT variant , but the stick variant is delivering round about the same mileage. It might be mostly the way I drive. Keep cleaning the air filter after 3-4k kms. I think this is better than spending money on after market filters which does not filter out dust completely.

Let me know your observations. If i get time will fabricate a clamp so no one will be able to make out the changes
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_4920.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_4921.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_4922.jpg  

Last edited by rahulskumar : 22nd January 2020 at 11:17.
Old 18th February 2020, 11:21   #2766
BHPian

My car has done around 19k kms, and gave it for the six monthly service today. The service advisor said I need to get the 20k kms service done. As part of that, he mentioned AC cleaner and disinfectant which is Rs 885. Is it worth getting this done? My car is 4 years old. He said they clean and disinfect all the vents. Wanted to check if it was worth getting the cleaning done.

Is it also recommended to get AC filter and Air filters replaced at this time?
Old 19th February 2020, 00:14   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
My car has done around 19k kms, and gave it for the six monthly service today. The service advisor said I need to get the 20k kms service done. As part of that, he mentioned AC cleaner and disinfectant which is Rs 885.
Is it also recommended to get AC filter and Air filters replaced at this time?

Hi! AC cleaning and disinfectant treatment are Value added services provided by the dealer. The task that they perform can be done by you at home at a fraction of the cost. I generally avoid getting anything that is not in the service handbook done during routine service. Some of these are easy DIYs and for some there are FNGs.

Regarding AC and Air filters, stick to the schedule mentioned in the service handbook. I do get the AC filter changed every 6-8 months as I am highly allergic to pollens.

Hope this helps.
feluda86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 06:30   #2768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Hi! AC cleaning and disinfectant treatment are Value added services provided by the dealer. The task that they perform can be done by you at home at a fraction of the cost. I generally avoid getting anything that is not in the service handbook done during routine service. Some of these are easy DIYs and for some there are FNGs.

Regarding AC and Air filters, stick to the schedule mentioned in the service handbook. I do get the AC filter changed every 6-8 months as I am highly allergic to pollens.

Hope this helps.
Thanks did you get the service handbook at time of purchase? Trying to remember if I got it or not, as I purchased a few months old Jazz from another person
Old 19th February 2020, 10:31   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Thanks did you get the service handbook at time of purchase? Trying to remember if I got it or not, as I purchased a few months old Jazz from another person
User Manual has the Service schedule in it. There is no separate service booklet as such. Please refer to the user manual and decide on the service your car needs. Stay vigilant or the ASC will rub on unnecessary services which are not at all necessary
Old 10th March 2020, 10:35   #2770
BHPian

Guys, Unique problem becoming very repetitive
The digipad 2 screen gets frozen after completing navigation and then dosent switch off.
Tried everything finally after half hour it randomly gets switched off.
This is after using Apple car play. The android auto experience is worse.
Last service i had checked and confirmed from HASS this was the latest software update.
any suggestions ?
Old 10th March 2020, 12:37   #2771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Guys, Unique problem becoming very repetitive
The digipad 2 screen gets frozen after completing navigation and then dosent switch off.
Tried everything finally after half hour it randomly gets switched off.
This is after using Apple car play. The android auto experience is worse.
Last service i had checked and confirmed from HASS this was the latest software update.
any suggestions ?
Try this - park in a safe location, then shift to reverse which should bring up the back up camrea. Wait for a second and then again shift to N or P. Check if the system becomes responsive. Please do let know your finding.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 15:50   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Hello Everyone,

I did a small mod to enhance the initial pick up.
How is this going? I'm unable to digest the fact, that, lowering the air intake pipe by an inch has actually increased the low end torque. Did Honda engineers missed this?
Old 10th March 2020, 17:42   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
How is this going? I'm unable to digest the fact, that, lowering the air intake pipe by an inch has actually increased the low end torque. Did Honda engineers missed this?

I'm still using it on manual variant of Jazz. It is basically similar to K&N concept, either you use a filter with bigger pores and allow more dirt or allow more air to enter the chamber by lowering the air intake pipe. Honda engineers have missed many things and I don't find them any special.
Old 1st April 2020, 17:36   #2774
Senior - BHPian

Jazz BS6 coming soon as per Honda website. 2020 global model is doubtful but they might continue the current one with BS6 heart.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_202004011733322.png
Old 1st April 2020, 17:52   #2775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Jazz BS6 coming soon as per Honda website. 2020 global model is doubtful but they might continue the current one with BS6 heart.
Any idea on the service schedule of BS6 Jazz? I hope it is not at every 6 months like BS4 Jazz. If it is then Honda should not launch the car itself IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks