Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2020, 01:23   #2791
BHPian

Has anyone thought of fitting a CNG kit in Honda Jazz VXMT?

I had seen a custom fit CNG kit somewhere in Gujarat, but curious to know how it will affect the ride, I-VTEC engine.

I see a lot of CNG fit vehicles in Bombay, the benefit was hugely reaped, when I did a ride from Bangalore to Bombay in CNG vehicle for a total cost of 3500, in a petrol it would cost around 6000 one way.

Any thoughts?
Old 7th May 2020, 08:31   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

1 year update:

FROSTY completed 1 year and 10,000kms last month. Had done 9970kms by March 16th post which WFH started followed by lockdown. So last 30 kms took around 6 weeks of weekly warm-up short runnings (4-5kms each)

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20200501_141309.jpg

1 year service was scheduled April last week but thanks to lockdown, it's still pending. Once lockdown opens up, will get it done. Renewed the insurance from Honda assure itself for now and will get the RSA once showroom opens (they said it can't be renewed online). Rest it's been mostly a peaceful ownership last one year. Can't wait for restrictions to open and stretch it's legs again. Missing those drives.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-fb_img_1588819435959.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-fb_img_1588819439221.jpg

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th May 2020 at 08:57.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 11:10   #2793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
1 year update:

FROSTY completed 1 year and 10,000kms last month. Had done 9970kms by March 16th post which WFH started followed by lockdown. So last 30 kms took around 6 weeks of weekly warm-up short runnings (4-5kms each)
Congratulations on completing the first 10k kms. My ride, which was purchased at almost the same time as you, is still to complete 10,000. I am stuck at 9500 kilometers odd. My one year service was also due end of March and I had to similarly postpone mine. I too am waiting for the roads to open up and stretch her legs, get that IVTEC engine singing once again.

A Honda petrol just does not look good sitting woefully in the garage.
Old 10th May 2020, 01:33   #2794
BANNED

Guys is it the same with Jazz too as in my Amaze. The low end pickup is poor, even poor than i20. As the torque is 110 nm at 4800 rpm. Mostly other brands have torque at 4000 rpm for petrol naturally aspirated ones

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th May 2020 at 21:57. Reason: SMS language & please do not... type... like this....
aamirbhat is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th May 2020, 16:40   #2795
BHPian

Re: The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...y-model-417338

BS6 Honda Jazz to be a petrol-only model. Looks like Honda is following Maruti's footsteps when it comes to BS6 and Diesel
Old 19th May 2020, 18:13   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Re: The next-generation 2020 Honda Jazz

Not an issue for me as the WRV gets a diesel and I view the WRV as a Jazz on boots.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 20:09   #2797
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz BS6 will not get diesel engine option

According to a media report, the upcoming Honda Jazz will only be offered with a BS6-compliant petrol engine. The car will not get a diesel engine option.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jaz.jpg

The new Jazz is likely to get redesigned bumpers & grille along with LED headlights and fog lights. On the inside, the car is expected to be offered with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit that has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.

While details of the BS6-compliant petrol engine are not confirmed, the new Jazz is expected to come with a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine. The BS4 version of this engine produced 89 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 110 Nm @ 4,800 rpm and was offered with either a 5-speed manual or CVT.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 20:29   #2798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

According to a media report, the upcoming Honda Jazz will only be offered with a BS6-compliant petrol engine. The car will not get a diesel engine option.
Thats a shame. Honda has one of the most fuel efficient diesel engines. City Diesel used to give a healthy 22 KMPL on highways at decent speeds. First Kicks and now Jazz who are kicking out Diesel engines for BS VI or maybe they will launch later?
Old 19th May 2020, 20:41   #2799
BHPian

Quote:

This is really strange. Honda has literally the same diesel engine in BS6 form in the Amaze compact sedan, but won't provide the Jazz in BS6 diesel form. It effectively will hand over the hatchback segment to Hyundai with its upcoming i20 diesel.
Old 19th May 2020, 20:49   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No issues as Jazz sells mostly in Petrol CVT format. For anything manual Jazz on stilts i.e. WRV makes all the sense for most. Heck, I myself would have preferred the WRV over Jazz if it had the CVT gearbox. But giving both petrol & diesel options is always better for marketing.

They mostly want to reserve the diesel for WR-V. If they can throw in the CVT from Amaze as well, it can become a HUGE USP as that would be the only proper diesel AT(not considering AMTs) sub-compact UV.

Quote:
...along with LED headlights...
I really hope this can be retrofitted on current Jazz models. If it doesn't cost a bomb(highly unlikely considering HONDA's ways) am all in for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
My one year service was also due end of March and I had to similarly postpone mine.
Service centers are functional now. I received a call from Dakshin today for scheduling mine.

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th May 2020 at 20:56.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 23:21   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sucks!

I have the Jazz diesel since December 2017. Not a single niggle, no problem with the motor.

Yes, the iDTEC is quite noisy. Probably the noisiest hatchback in its class. But it is SO EFFICIENT. Rarely have I seen the mileage drop under 20 kmpl. I usually have a mix of city + highway driving every time I head out.

But then, the Jazz diesel buyers are few. Also, the top spec variants were really expensive, more like looting for the kind of equipment on offer.

But as a customer of the BS4 Jazz diesel in V trim, I am super satisfied. 20,000+ kms clocked, even the maintenance cost is as shown online. Full transparency. I am sure many would agree that this is a very practical hatchback, just not value for money.
parrys is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 06:35   #2802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashfulKlutz View Post
Honda has literally the same diesel engine in BS6 form in the Amaze compact sedan, but won't provide the Jazz in BS6 diesel form.
Although the engine is technically the same, there is a huge difference in the target market and sales numbers.

During 2019 - Amaze sold 24,026 diesel cars which constituted 28% of its overall sales. Even WR-V sold 18,226 units during the period, 55% of the sales coming from the diesel engine.

Whereas during the same period, Jazz diesel numbers were just 1612 units - a paltry average of 134 units a month which forms only 5% of the model's numbers.

The diesel Jazz is a market flop for Honda - the numbers probably won't give returns on the BS6 re-engineering effort, and hence a good strategy for them to discontinue it and focus on the petrol market - and also let the Amaze and WR-V take diesel sales from either end of the price band.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th May 2020 at 06:43.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 08:35   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Although the engine is technically the same, there is a huge difference in the target market and sales numbers.

During 2019 - Amaze sold 24,026 diesel cars which constituted 28% of its overall sales. Even WR-V sold 18,226 units during the period, 55% of the sales coming from the diesel engine.

Whereas during the same period, Jazz diesel numbers were just 1612 units - a paltry average of 134 units a month which forms only 5% of the model's numbers.
This is surprising considering the poor driveability of petrol engine.
Old 20th May 2020, 10:59   #2804
Senior - BHPian

In the Freewheeling episode of Ndtv Carnbike on Youtube, the Honda representative said the diesel Jazz only managed 20% of overall sales.

Not surprising because the Jazz is a first car for many I know. A second car for their spouse and a spacious car for pensioners even. The 1.2 is decent for the average Joe.
Old 20th May 2020, 11:01   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

Service centers are functional now. I received a call from Dakshin today for scheduling mine.
I received a call from Magnum Honda for my service as well but I did not want to avail of the pickup and drop facility that they offered. I am and have been very particular about dropping and picking up my vehicle myself from service centers for all my cars.

Did you schedule a service, and if so, are you availing the pick up and drop facility?
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks