Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2020, 15:15   #2896
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hello All, i am planning to get my car wrapped mostly in dual tone, so will not be the same color as original RC mentions. Would like to know if the RC needs to be updated post wrapping or not??
Old 13th January 2021, 23:45   #2897
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I really liked the LED headlights on the 2020 Jazz. I checked with a dealer in Cochin ( Kerala ) and they informed each headlight is around 23k that too without the wiring harness

Has anyone tried this experiment ? Any idea of vland brand reliability ?
I contacted Delhi based Auto Connections ( random search online ) and the price of below module is 30K.

https://www.vland-carlamp.com/Headlight_For_Honda_JazzFit_RS_LED_20142019/p4995994_20079024.aspx

Thanks
Rahul S
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 20:45   #2898
BHPian

I found the paint chipping inside the bonnet couple of days back on 4 year old car. The car was serviced a week before in the capital honda, chennai, I didn't checked inside the bonnet while taking delivery, I suspected the ASC guys could have done something and contacted them.

They claim that this is due to the Acid spillage from weak battery. They reported the battery was weak during service and wanted to change, I turned down as their cost was high.
I don't see a identifiable spillage on top of the battery. Wondering what did this.

One year back, I faced similar issue on the inner side of the driver side door, when raised, it was touched up.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20210130_164453.jpg  

Old 9th February 2021, 20:35   #2899
BHPian

Got my Honda Jazz VX 2016 serviced today. It has done around 23000 kms. When I did the 20,000km service (actually ran 19000 kms) , the service center told me that engine air filter needs to be replaced, and I agreed. This time too, even though it has one only 24000 kms, the invoice says they did 30,000km service and changed the engine air filter. Felt ripped off and when asked , the service center guy said 30k service is the one that shows up and they did as per that schedule.

I was later looking at the maintenance schedule in the manual, and they mention to replace brake fluid every 3 years. I haven't replaced it so far, even though its close to 5 years as the service center never mentioned it or did it whenever I gave it for service. Has anyone had brake fluids replaced as part of service every three years?

Also, my wipers need to be replaced and the service center quoted Rs 2000 for it, I think for both front and rear wipers. Does that sound right? Any after-market recommendations for good wipers for Jazz?
Old 11th February 2021, 14:19   #2900
Distinguished - BHPian

CVT fluid change - Vision Honda (Cochin)

The CVT gearbox oil change on my car was pending for some time. The car has covered around 32K kms. Over the past couple of years, I had checked with a few Honda owners in Cochin and none of them had any great feedback on the SVCs here. I planned to get the CVT oil changed the next time that I visit Bangalore but thanks to the recent feedback on this thread, I realized it is better to get it done here in Cochin. Also due to Covid, my travelling has come to a halt, so there was no option but to get it done in Cochin itself.

I called and booked an appointment with Vision Honda in Cochin only for the CVT fluid change. I asked the service advisor (SA) for 3 things to be done
a. Replace old CVT fluid
b. Check one of my fog lights which had some condensation on the glass. This had started after I replaced the OEM bulb with an aftermarket LED from Aliexpress.
c. Route the cable of my 70mai dash camera through the A pillar and roof liner. I wasnt comfortable doing this myself and preffered to have the trained technicians do it.

On the fog light, the SA was very hesitant and asked me to show it to an accessories shop. I was surprised and asked him to just remove the bulb, check the fog light holder and fit it back. He was not keen on taking it up and hence I told him to forget it.

On the routing of the dash cam, again the SA was very hesitant. He mentioned that he had to ask the accessories guy. He was concerned that the car will start rattling if they remove and refit the A pillar. He asked to to get this done at an accessories shop outside! I was baffled by this. If I had bought the action camera from the dealership, they would have gladly fitted it for me without batting an eyelid.

I mentioned that the last time I had come to same dealership for an insurance claim (almost 2 years back), I didnt have a great experience as the guy in charge of insurance claims, kept fraudulently informing me that they didnt have cashless tie up facility with my insurance provider. He wanted me to make the payment myself. My insurance company on the other hand, insisted that they had a cashless tieup with the dealership and that the dealership staff was trying to pull a fast one on me. In the end, it was settled through the cashless route itself and I had to pay only the compulsory deductible but the dealership had unnecessarily made it a very difficult process.

My SA today kept trying to justify their actions at that time saying that this is the reason to buy Honda Assurance insurance from the dealership and not to buy insurance from other insurance providers, even if they have cashless tieup with Vision Honda (!!). He mentioned that other insurance companies dont pay the dealership on time etc in the case of cashless claims and that is why the dealership would have asked me to pay myself etc.

Anyways, I asked them to only change the CVT fluid and return my car.

The appointment slot was for 9AM and I had reached on time. By the time the SA was allocated and we had finished all our discussions, it was 9.30 AM. The transmission fluid was changed in 30 minutes. So kudos to the technical team for finishing the job quickly.

When I paid the bill, I noticed that the quantity listed was for 4 litres. I asked the SA if it needed 4L and he confirmed that it was correct. I had a niggling doubt in my mind but nonetheless, paid up without question and left.

I was told that earlier, the CVT fluid change could only happen along with a service but now the dealerships charge some fixed amount for this to be done. Hence the accessory fitment charge in the bill below. It was for Rs 300 and with taxes and flood cess, it came to Rs 357. The CVT fluid cost me Rs 1704 and with taxes, it added up to Rs 2,027.76. There was no charge for the check and diagnose line item.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20210211_131805.jpg
Breakup of the bill

Later, when I checked the car's specifications on the link provided by Honda, I found that the capacity of the Honda CVT HCF-2 transmission fluid was only 3.4L! Here is the link to the same. I called up the SA and he informed me that Honda sends 4L bottles to the dealerships. The car needs only 3.4L. So they use the remaining 600 ml to "flush" the gearbox before pouring in the required quantity of 4L.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2610
Size:  32.6 KB
Details provided by Honda

This is the same modus operandi that the Triumph Cochin dealership uses for engine oil changes. Dont inform the customer about excess remaining fluid, bill them for the full quantity and if the customer digs further and questions them, say it is used for "flushing". My experience with the Triumph Cochin dealership is well documented on the forum.

To his credit, the SA admitted that he didnt inform me about the excess 600 ml transmission fluid. He also admitted that he should have offered to return it to me or ask me what I wanted to do with it, before it was used for the "flushing" process. He offered to get the approvals for the refund of the remaining quantity and transfer it via Google Pay. I sent him the payment details and he transferred the amount of Rs 304 within a few minutes. Kudos to him for sorting that out internally.

I spoke to the CRM about all these issues as well. He has agreed that my concerns were valid and has said that he will look into it. I hope he takes these complaints seriously and takes corrective action to ensure that these mistakes dont happen going forward.

99% of a dealerships customers may not dig through the service bills like we do but at the end of the day, it is the dealerships reputation that is on the line. Hope this helps other Honda Jazz CVT owners reading this.
neil.jericho is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 10:07   #2901
BHPian

So my Jazz V-Cvt went for 11th service at 30000 kms (The six month rule). Was a routine service with oil change and cost me 6000/- . There was an error and the engine light was on just one day before the service. The knock sensor was detected as faulty and was replaced under extended warranty, no questions asked. Superb service by Viva Honda.

Other thing I noticed is that all the 4 doors were squeaking (Not rattle it sounded like rubber squeaks). Did some research on the net and found out the problem is common when the Jazz gets older. The simple solution is lubricant on the door seals. Bought a bottle and applied it on all the doors and boot seals. It was like magic, ever single squeak is gone. Let's see how long it lasts.

I used Abro channel spray costing 125/-

I am enjoying the silent drive as of now.
Old 21st February 2021, 10:47   #2902
Team-BHP Support

A colleague-friend has been struggling to get the OEM interior armrest from the facelift model for his Jazz (pre-facelift variant). Has someone here managed to get one from the dealership/service centre? Wanted some leads on the part numbers, child part details etc.

Boodmo unfortunately has no leads. They haven’t listed the product yet (is what he told me).
Old 24th February 2021, 13:42   #2903

I am comparing Jazz CVT vs Magnite Turbo XV CVT. Barring Premium hatchback vs CSUV comparison. I would like to know about :
1. Reliability & Longevity
2. Turbo vs NA Engines
3. 4 Cylinder vs 3 Cylinder Engines.
4. Built Quality.
5. Service of Honda vs Nissan.
6. Rear AC Vent (Not provided in Jazz)
7. Overall judgement
Old 24th February 2021, 14:20   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark704 View Post
I am comparing Jazz CVT vs Magnite Turbo XV CVT. Barring Premium hatchback vs CSUV comparison. I would like to know about :
2. Turbo vs NA Engines
4. Built Quality.
7. Overall judgement
1. Both Japanese, can't go wrong with either. The ivtec might be on the more reliable side of things, no turbo, old school 4 cylinder petrol. Honda's CVTs are some of the best in business.

2. I own a TSI, the turbo is FTD and this you'll have to choose based on TD experience. I had to decide between TSI AT and Jazz CVT, I chose the former based on my needs and preferences.

3. 3 cyl turbos have been doing duty on international cars for a while now. Ecoboost and TSI engines have won multiple awards. Their driveability is excellent and they don't disappoint with FE. But they aren't going to be as refined or have similar lifespan as that of a 4 cyl NA. You should decide based on your requirements and how long you keep your cars.

4. Honda Jazz edges this one.

5. I don't have any experience with either so can't personally say anything. My extended family has multiple Hondas and they're all satisfied.

6. Won't need those with a competent AC, it's still a "nice to have" feature. If all else is equal, it could tilt the scales in favour of the Magnite.

7. I would highly recommend taking a TD of both the cars. I don't think I can make a conclusive judgement. My personal choice from the two options would be the Jazz but that's based in subjective preferences and not because I think the product is objectively superior.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 16:14   #2905
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
2. Turbo vs NA Engines
4. Built Quality.
7. Overall judgement
Having had owned a premium Nissan sedan (the Teana 2013), and as the current owner of a 2018 Jazz CVT, I can shed some light -

1. Reliability - in my opinion, Nissan products tend to be less reliable. My Teana continues to break down every 2 months for some reason or the other - headlights, AC, wiring, you name it. The Jazz, while not at all so frequent, does have tiny niggles now and then, such as door or dashboard rattles. 3 years on, the largest bill I've paid to Honda has been 8k for the 30k service.

2. Turbo vs NA - turbo lag is a serious problem if you've been driving NA engines all your life. I recently drove a Hector 1.5 DCT for around 500 km, and really, the engine is as good as DEAD below 1.8-2k rpm. Really frustrating in situations that need power/torque on demand. If you're a very sedate driver then maybe it won't bother you. Do take a TD of both the cars for you to understand yourself, especially in standstill traffic when you need to launch.

3. 4 cylinder vs 3 - once you've driven a 4 cylinder NA engine as your daily beater, you'll never want anything less. The refinement, the engine shudder or the lack of thereof -- it's something that you'll appreciate every time you drive the car. The 1.2L 4 Cyl Honda NA engine is one of the best.

4. Build quality - Honda cars were once famous for their reliability in build quality. However, things have changed circa 2013. My current Jazz has a lot of small niggles such as rattling dashboards, doors, poor build quality of the door handles that get worn out very fast, etc. All of these are fairly minor I believe, but if these matter to you then better to take a note. The Teana has FANTASTIC build quality, but of course it was a CKD and completely different segment as the Magnite.

5. Service - Honda, any given day! The service centers of Nissan couldn't care less if you're there or not. They know you have nowhere else to go for your car considering how few 3rd party garages service a Nissan. Same thing with spare parts. Extremely expensive and hard to get Nissan spare parts even through official channels. Also, the behaviour of Nissan service center execs is pathetic - they lie to your face about time and cost estimates, don't bother with follow ups, and write up hugely inflated bills. Honda centers are not the pinnacle of competence but they get the job done. I've had multiple issues with billing and the quality of work though, with Honda, but to be fair, every time I raise a complaint with the higher ups, the response has been prompt and the problems sorted.

6. Rear AC vent - it will be an issue if you're living in a fairly hot environment, will have rear passengers often, and don't have sunblinds. Our family often goes out in the Jazz and the lack of a rear AC vent is an issue for the first 5 minutes. Being a relatively small car, the cooling is quite fast.

7. Overall - let me put it this way - I would never in my entire life buy a Nissan product with the current management philosophy, no matter how excellent the value proposition. I want peace of mind when I'm spending close to 10 lakhs on my car. Having to fight, pull my hair out, and run around in circles getting my car serviced, and then having to pay money for all of this - it just doesn't sit right with me. I would advise you to talk to someone who's had experience with your local nissan authorised service center though, before reaching a conclusion.
Kln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 09:04   #2906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
7. Overall - let me put it this way - I would never in my entire life buy a Nissan product with the current management philosophy, no matter how excellent the value proposition. I want peace of mind when I'm spending close to 10 lakhs on my car. Having to fight, pull my hair out, and run around in circles getting my car serviced, and then having to pay money for all of this - it just doesn't sit right with me. I would advise you to talk to someone who's had experience with your local nissan authorised service center though, before reaching a conclusion.
Thanks for your detailed reply. Jazz has no ESP and no Hill Hold Assist whereas the newly launched Magnite and Swift were fitted with those features. Will they matter much? Jazz has VSA and how this VSA is different from ESP?

Last edited by ark704 : 26th February 2021 at 09:10.
Old 26th February 2021, 10:05   #2907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your detailed reply. Jazz has no ESP and no Hill Hold Assist whereas the newly launched Magnite and Swift were fitted with those features. Will they matter much? Jazz has VSA and how this VSA is different from ESP?
One point that people tend to overlook - the more electronic and tech wizardry that your car has, the more heartburn you are likelier to face in the long run when things go bad as the car ages. And this includes a turbocharger, not just hill-hold and all that stuff.

Any of these have to be weighed on a cost-benefit scale. Let's take ESP for instance; if a body-on-frame Hexa has it, it's worth the pain of maintaining the car's potential troubles with the electronics. If a Jazz doesn't have it, it doesn't matter IMO. I drive a tall and wide and short wheelbase body on frame TUV 300 without ESP safely! You have to do a lot in order to roll a ground-hugging Jazz.

A Magnite needs ESP in comparison to the Jazz because of its taller stance.

And I've never understood the need for hill-hold assist personally. Old school drivers have always done well on inclines with manual transmission and 3 pedals to operate with their feet. What's the big deal with that? But that's my perception. If one really wants that convenience, they should go for it. They will pay for it dearly when buying the car and also in its maintenance down the line. It's their money.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 11:15   #2908
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
I've been driving jazz CVT for 3 years, and not once have I felt the need for ESP or Hill Descent. The VSA will prevent your car from rolling down the hill if you're on an incline in the drive mode. I don't think it should be a dealbreaker at all.
Old 26th February 2021, 11:38   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
2. Turbo vs NA Engines
4. Built Quality.
7. Overall judgement
Being a Jazz owner for almost 6 years let me answer based on my experience with Honda.

My Jazz is being used only as a city car. Most of its duty is for kids school and at present the Jazz is unemployed.

1. At 30000 kms the car has had no issues in 6 years. There we rattles in the first year itself (from the boot) but I managed to eliminate them by using some padded tape. The steering wheel leather has lost its color (That happened with Honda accord too).

2. Depending on your usage, If majority of your usage is on highway, a more powerful engine might suit you.

3. 4 Cylinders any day.

4. I find Jazz to be GOOD don't know about the Magnite.

5. Honda experience has been great for me and fuss free. Billing is transparent.

6. I do feel the need of rear AC vent for few minutes on hot summer days. Problem with the Jazz is not the rear AC vents but the huge glass house.

Pros

I feel Honda Jazz has one of the most mature ride and handling in the segment. Once you get used to the airiness of Honda Jazz it's difficult to look else where. The paddle shifter with 7 step CVT is fun to use and unique to Honda Jazz. The space management is spot on, the boot is big enough and spares are readily available at a reasonable rate.

That Said, You will also have to consider that the current model of Honda Jazz is at the end of its cycle. I personally prefer to buy a car at the start of the new shape to keep the novelty factor. I would hate it if the model I have bought is replaced with a newer one in just a couple of years. The current Honda Jazz and my 6 year old Honda Jazz looks the same except a few gadgets.

If you are still confused, I suggest go for Honda Jazz if you want to play defensive and if you are feeling adventurous Magnite.
tazmaan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 01:31   #2910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A colleague-friend has been struggling to get the OEM interior armrest from the facelift model for his Jazz (pre-facelift variant). Has someone here managed to get one from the dealership/service centre? Wanted some leads on the part numbers, child part details etc.

Boodmo unfortunately has no leads. They haven’t listed the product yet (is what he told me).
Hi, I have an armrest in my jazz, it is not oem(dealer quoted 17k approx !!) but rather an oem replacement. It slots in the two cup holders(or rather the cubby holes behind the seat belt lock). It is a replica of the oem one and cost me somewhere around 4.5k if i remember correctly. I bought it from amazon. Been using it for over an year now and haven’t faced any issues so far. The space occupied in installing the arm rest is compensated by the UNDER ARMREST space, so basically you don’t have have to comprise much. There is a slight sway in the armrest lid, but it is not bothersome either, it could just be with my unit alone. Only drawback is that it comes only in black leatherette finish there is no beige variant, i had enquired with the seller aswell. I am sharing the amazon link below

https://www.amazon.in/KMH-Arm-Rest-H.../dp/B06XYJ3KCX

Hope it helps
Suchu90 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks