Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2021, 02:06   #2911

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Felt ripped off and when asked , the service center guy said 30k service is the one that shows up and they did as per that schedule.
Don’t worry the service is carried as per the next 10000th kilometre number i.e 34k=40k service. My 5th year service was done at 34k KMs reading and as per 40k service schedule. And as my extended warranty is only till 4th year i’ve decided to carry out my service annually. Also i have K&N installed and 195 section tyres, so even if i had extened the warranty for the 5th year they might have found an excuse to void the warranty(it was costing 8k approx for the 5th year).

Quote:
I was later looking at the maintenance schedule in the manual, and they mention to replace brake fluid every 3 years. I haven't replaced it so far, even though its close to 5 years as the service center never mentioned it or did it whenever I gave it for service. Has anyone had brake fluids replaced as part of service every three years?
I don’t think it has been replaced for me either. Anyways at 24k kms for you it may not be necessary i guess. However i feel slight shuddering on the brake pedals at high speeds, maybe my discs need skimming or the pads has to be changed, also it could be because of ABS kicking in or improper wheel balancing(which was done 4k kms back at the time of tyre replacement).

Quote:
Also, my wipers need to be replaced and the service center quoted Rs 2000 for it, I think for both front and rear wipers. Does that sound right? Any after-market recommendations for good wipers for Jazz?
Check on BOODMO once. If available for cheap then buy it and get it installed from a local garage.
Suchu90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 10:03   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark704 View Post
I am comparing Jazz CVT vs Magnite Turbo XV CVT. Barring Premium hatchback vs CSUV comparison. I would like to know about :
1. Reliability & Longevity
2. Turbo vs NA Engines
3. 4 Cylinder vs 3 Cylinder Engines.
4. Built Quality.
5. Service of Honda vs Nissan.
6. Rear AC Vent (Not provided in Jazz)
7. Overall judgement
I own a Jazz CVT and already covered 55000 kms in 4 years. I recently replaced both front rotor and pads and overall cost including labour was 7300. Spare part price has come down.
If you are a sedate driver, I will always suggest to go with a non turbo 4 cylinder vehicle

Build quality is not that great, but driving comfort is excellent. Reliability is good, never broke down during my highway rides covering more than 1200 kms in a day.

AC is not effective, I had to use sunfilm from Garware ( IceShield ). Now I dont have concerns with cooling
With Honda it is a love or hate relation. You might love the car, but hate the service center.

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by rahulskumar : 4th March 2021 at 10:13.
Old 4th March 2021, 19:56   #2913
BHPian

Been close to 5 years & my car needed some spa treatment. Went ahead & did Auto detailing ( sealant) from K Force in Hyderabad. Every step is explained in detail before performing it. Came out with a million dollar smile
Attached a photo post detailing
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-my-detailed-car.jpg  

venkikewl is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 22:16   #2914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Been close to 5 years & my car needed some spa treatment. Went ahead & did Auto detailing ( sealant) from K Force in Hyderabad. Every step is explained in detail before performing it. Came out with a million dollar smile
Wow. I mean...Wow!! That car looks <5 minute old, let alone 5 year old. You better add some "nazar suraksha kavach" on it soon! gorgeous looks really. Thats one lucky pampered Jazz. Wish you many more years of companionship ahead. Exactly what sort of treatments did you opt for?
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 18:12   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark704 View Post
I am comparing Jazz CVT vs Magnite Turbo XV CVT. Barring Premium hatchback vs CSUV comparison. I would like to know about :
1. Reliability & Longevity
2. Turbo vs NA Engines
3. 4 Cylinder vs 3 Cylinder Engines.
4. Built Quality.
5. Service of Honda vs Nissan.
6. Rear AC Vent (Not provided in Jazz)
7. Overall judgement
I have a jazz CVT. V variant, 2017 may model. Driven 56000km despite the Corona lockdown of one year, cuvettes all sorts of trails, roads, terrains. Not one single rattle to date, not one single problem. Yes interiors are bland and low rpm performance is nothing much to write about but reliability is top notch. My favourite analogy is that this is the Altis of the large hatchback segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post

Also, my wipers need to be replaced and the service center quoted Rs 2000 for it, I think for both front and rear wipers. Does that sound right? Any after-market recommendations for good wipers for Jazz?
I replace them prior every monsoon with Bosch wiper blades. Cost me 900/- for the front two.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2021 at 16:04. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
handsofsteel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 18:19   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Exactly what sort of treatments did you opt for?
I have opted for descaling & sealant protection along with detailing
Old 5th March 2021, 20:08   #2917
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Looks incredible. How often do you get it done? Would you mind sharing the cost?

Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 18:23   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
Looks incredible. How often do you get it done? Would you mind sharing the cost?

Thanks

Once a year & it costs me 6600 to get this done.
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 14:23   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Looks great!! What a beauty! I take great care of my Jazz (Radiant red) and only wash it myself but recently noticed some swirl marks. Do you know if they can remove these swirl marks?
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 20:59   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Do you know if they can remove these swirl marks?
Yes, thats the main reason for going for detailing ( sealant) where in all swirl, water marks along with slight scratches will be removed.
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:59   #2921
BHPian

Upgraded from the Dzire 2012 VDi to Jazz CVT V model as there was a requirement of good city automatic car. The initial plan was to have a proper automatic (not AMT) below 10 lakhs.

What proper automatic cars can one get under 10 lakhs ?
1. Jazz CVT
2. Magnite CVT
3. Kiger CVT (Not available at the moment)
4. Baleno CVT
5. i20 CVT
6. Datsun GO CVT

We booked Magnite XL CVT model only to wait for next 3 months with no timeline of its arrival. And the dealer finally ended up providing the XV CVT model against the XL that we booked. The model roughly costs 80K more. Nissan's dealership experience was not very confident inspiring seeing the very lackadaisical approach and we were worried about future sales support and network.
Kiger CVT will take some time before it is available in the market (Dealer cleared about it). Baleno CVT was not considered because of the idea of venturing out Maurti eco system (else Dzire to Baleno can be one easy transition). i20 CVT was not considered because of its poor track record in terms of F.E. and rubber band effect. The other option was Jazz V CVT 2020 model. With some discounts on offer and decent exchange value for the existing Dzire, we went on to book the car. The test drive experience was already good. Honda's dealership experience was pretty good too with decent network available in Odisha.

Jazz V model while being a base model is fairly loaded. The notable emissions are :
1. Foldable ORVM (useful feature)
2. Keyless setup with push button start (feel good feature)
3. Android auto/Apple carplay (good to have in today's time, can be upgraded though)

Features which Jazz doesn't have even in its highest ZX variant :
1. Adjustable headrests and central arm rest
2. Magic Seats of pre facelift model
3. Proper MID system
4. Rear AC vents
5. Wider tyres (175 section is standard through out the range)

So the V variant isnt exactly a compromise like the base variants are in general compared to top of the line variant. While the Jazz CVT may look like an expensive purchase in isolation, it is priced at par with any of the other automatics in consideration albeit discounts computed.

So how is the first hand experience ?
Cool bits :
1. Engine is very smooth (Our Creta 1.5 P SX is still smoother though, super silent)
2. CVT is damn good if someone isn't pedal to metal person. Sports mode + paddle shifters can be fun. Perception of CVTs being just sedate is a wrong notion. (Yes DCTs are very fast and some well tuned torque convertors are awesome I agree)
3. Space is obviously the strength. Front seats hug you well.
4. Ride and handling is a surprise. Easily among best in class. (Altroz is best though). Low speed ride over bad roads is pretty satisfactory.
5. Build quality is good. Proper step up from Swift dzire

Not so cool bits
1. Infotainment system display and graphics are grossly outdated. (Works well though)
2. 0-30 kmph is the time when you feel the little lack of torque. (CVT otherwise hides it very well). Takes time to build speed from standstill.
3. Rear seats don't have headrests. 6 ft people wont like it.
4. Driver Handsets are useless. Glovebox is small and space to open it completely is very low while having a co-passenger.
5. There is no proper MID system in the speedo console like it has been a trend in premium hatchbacks.

Immediate requirements are of now :
1. Good floor mat (3D/7D)
2. Steering cover

Upgrades in coming months :
1. Android Auto (or simple android HU ?)
2. Dash cam
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210322-12.30.11-2.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210322-12.30.11-3.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210322-12.30.11-5.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210322-12.30.11.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbokick : 22nd March 2021 at 16:06.
Turbokick is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 17:16   #2922
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I own a 2019 Jazz 1.2 VX CVT.
I have a query related to OVRM. Is it possible to auto open/close the OVRM with lock/unlock? Is this feature available which I am not able to explore or do I need to install a relay to make this feature work?

Thanks and regards
Old 5th April 2021, 19:31   #2923
BHPian

I did my last service in October 2020 and has driven the car for ~3000 KMS and the next 6 month service due has come in. I'm getting frequent calls from the HASS and I'm not so interested in getting the service done and I don't see a long trip (min of 150 KMS) at least in the next 4-5 months.

Any idea, what is the difference in the new Jazz and the 2015 Jazz that makes the difference in the service cycle. 1 Yr vs 6 months? I'm fed up with this 6 month service.

PS: Car is out of Warranty
Old 5th April 2021, 19:57   #2924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
I'm fed up with this 6 month service.

Why not get it serviced at a FNG? PM me if you want a good one. My trusted FNG is in Pallikaranai, relatively close to us both.

The only caveat is - I don't know whether the engine oil specified by Honda is good only for 6 months. Is that the case? In any case, once you venture out of the HASS circles, independent garages usually suggest other alternatives when it comes to oils, fluids etc. Who knows? There could very well be an alternative oil that's good for a year or so.
locusjag is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 20:20   #2925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
I did my last service in October 2020 and has driven the car for ~3000 KMS and the next 6 month service due has come in. I'm getting frequent calls from the HASS and I'm not so interested in getting the service done and I don't see a long trip (min of 150 KMS) at least in the next 4-5 months.

Any idea, what is the difference in the new Jazz and the 2015 Jazz that makes the difference in the service cycle. 1 Yr vs 6 months? I'm fed up with this 6 month service.

Tell me about it. I had my 20k service in June,2020(car had one 10k) and 30k service in Dec,2020(car had done 10.6k) when the car had actually done only 600kms(you read it right) in those 6 months. So car stood at 10,600kms during scheduled 30k service. But am going for it since mine is under warranty.

If your car is out of warranty and you don't intend to extend it, why bother following the schedule? New one is no different and still has the reasonable 10k/1 year schedule because that's one part which has been criticized by existing owners heavily. But how can they let the cash-cows get off so easily, so pre-2020 owners still have to stick to the 6 month schedule if you want to keep the warranty intact

Last edited by SoumenD : 5th April 2021 at 20:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks