Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 23:20   #3016

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

On the 6 months service schedule for the Pre-facelift Jazz, looks like it is a rip-off indeed from Honda. Service interval for the Jazz 2020 onwards, i.e the facelifted version, is 1 year/10,000Kms.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz-2020.jpg

But it is 6 months for the previous one when hardly any mechanical component has changed. Warranty is the only reason I am still sticking to this schedule. Is there anyway to raise this to Honda India?

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz-2015-onwards.jpg
Parts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 15:39   #3017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
Hi,
Jazz is almost 4 Years and 6 Months old and I felt the need to give it some makeover. Tyres were upgraded to MRF Perfinza 195/60 R15 last year and Suspension was given a bit of overhaul this year.
I have also upgraded the tires to 195/60 MRF Perfinza, it is one of the best upgrade for the jazz. I have also done a stage 1+ map from Wolf 1 year ago. There is not much difference, though much better than the stock version!
anikrish90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 12:44   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikrish90 View Post
I have also upgraded the tires to 195/60 MRF Perfinza, it is one of the best upgrade for the jazz. I have also done a stage 1+ map from Wolf 1 year ago. There is not much difference, though much better than the stock version!
Is the remap for Petrol or Diesel engine? How much did it cost?
Old 4th February 2022, 13:41   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts007 View Post

But it is 6 months for the previous one when hardly any mechanical component has changed. Warranty is the only reason I am still sticking to this schedule. Is there anyway to raise this to Honda India?
I have written to honda around a year back with same argument, Their reply was very blunt, just kept saying your car has 6 months service interval.
sram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 15:01   #3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Is the remap for Petrol or Diesel engine? How much did it cost?
It was for the petrol model, it cost around 20k for me due to jazz group discount as well in 2020 December.
Old 15th February 2022, 14:38   #3021

4 stars for Indian Honda Jazz at GNCAP.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_202202151433442.png
Parts007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 17:29   #3022
BHPian

The Jazz is brilliant in the City and seldom does intercity runs.
However since I was alone did the Mumbai - Pune- Mumbai route.
I feel after 10k and the corresponding service, the ivtec engine had really opened up.
My best average till date was achieved at 14,0 KMPL. Absolutely no dearth in power anywhere in the Ghats section.
Overtaking was a breeze!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220212-4.26.23-pm.jpeg  

vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 19:59   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts007 View Post
4 stars for Indian Honda Jazz at GNCAP.
This video contains some analysis of the crash test,

It was very difficult to choose between Baleno and Jazz when I was there to buy the car. Rejected Baleno based on the build quality discussed more often in the forum, hoping Honda will not compromise even though data was not available. Happy to hear that at last chose a better car.
sram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:41   #3024
BHPian

I’m planning to upgrade my mom’s 11 year old alto k10 with Jazz CVT. Is there any chance for an upgrade or discontinuation for jazz in near future ? I’m confused between VX and ZX. The only difference been led HL and fog lamps with sunroof. The concern is with led lamps.My other option is Kiger.
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 14:27   #3025
Senior - BHPian

3 year update:

Model is 2019 VX CVT exclusive edition. Odo hit 13000kms as we reach the anniversary.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-6c8f2b428aba452a9d9e1beeafbfb27a.jpeg

Running has been very low in last two years (3k kms only) thanks to WFH. But now with offices opening we are running 2-3 days a week. Still monthly would be around 400kms max.

+Its a honda, so boringly reliable. Fill it, shut it, forget it.
+Very smooth 1.2L iVtec-CVT integration. With minimal input pottering around the city is breeze.
+Space management is awesome. Have done a couple of highway trips with 5 adults in reasonable comfort. Even bootspace is good enough for weekenders for small family (2adults+1kid).
+Adequate features for my needs. Reverse camera, AA/AC, ACC, electric ORVM, keyless entry & go to name a few.
+Cruise control and paddleshifters are a boon on highways.
+Good build quality. GNCAP 4* with stable bodyshell. A rarity in hatchbacks till Altroz came in.
+Minimal rattles with good enough ride quality. Neither too stiff, nor too soft.
+Decently frugal per my expectations. 11-12kmpl in city, 16-18kmpl on highways depending on road conditions. All calculations T2T method.

Dislikes :

-6 month service interval is daylight robbery and we can do little about it if we don’t want to void warranty.
-On highways for enthusiastic driving need to keep engine on boil (3k+ RPM) and even then its okay’ish. With the 1.5 iVtec, this would have been the perfect car.
-Reverse camera quality is pathetic. VGA quality.

So as you see there’s not much to complain and this is exactly what I had expected it to be while making the decision back in 2019. Only one thing I wasn’t 100% sure but expected was safe build quality while choosing this over i20 & baleno. And thanks to GNCAP for proving my instincts were correct. Hope this companionship continues without much issues

Honda Jazz : Official Review-78df78c25cdc4409a99e9e618b4258e8.jpeg

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th April 2022 at 16:23. Reason: As requested.
SoumenD is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 19:26   #3026
BHPian

@SoumenD : Congratulations on the milestone!!

I second your observations on the car.
Jazz CVT is a no nonsense work horse and my "isle of peace" in the city.
Mine has just completed 26K.
Of late, with ac on, it struggles a bit to pull ahead but I guess still gets the job done.

I have shifted my house (without furniture) twice in Jazz and just hope Honda gets either a 1.5 L or a hybrid version.

Everytime, the official sales numbers are out, the first thing that I look at is the sales number of Jazz. Must admit, Honda has neglected this car for long.
Samegoodkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 10:30   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samegoodkid View Post
@SoumenD : Congratulations on the milestone!!
Thank you

Quote:

Of late, with ac on, it struggles a bit to pull ahead but I guess still gets the job done.
Strange. I am yet to see any major difference in power delivery with/without AC. Used to notice this in my 1.0L Maruti Estilo. But then I have done half the miles.

Quote:

Everytime, the official sales numbers are out, the first thing that I look at is the sales number of Jazz. Must admit, Honda has neglected this car for long.
They have done weird things TBH. There is a WRV which should ideally get both Petrol and diesel CVT, but gets none. Then they could have brought the HRV to take on Creta/Seltos but it’s nowhere to be seen. God knows what they are smoking

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th April 2022 at 10:31.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 11:52   #3028
BHPian

What everyone wants:

Regular launches of solid SUVs from Honda and Toyota with CVT/AT gearboxes.

What everyone gets:

Regular launches of mediocre build SUVs from Hyundai and Kia with all types of transmissions possible.

There has to be a reason for the Japanese to go so slow in India and giving the Koreans such huge advantages.

Last edited by souvikjana83 : 26th April 2022 at 11:55.
souvikjana83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 16:38   #3029
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I too own Honda Jazz V CVT which i bought it used. Odometer reading currently is around 30.6K, happy with the experience so far.

The iVtech engine plus CVT gearbox combination is perfect. Paddle shifters are great to use - makes me wonder why I delayed purchase. I frequently travel on the highways and after getting this vehicle, just find excuses to hit the highway - covered 5K in the last 4 months. Jazz is very good for city and intercity drives, however, it may not suit very enthusiastic driving (comparing here to Polo 1.0TSI AT which my friend owns). But, make no mistake - it's no slouch...Jazz CVT can easily hit triple digit speeds in quick time - the Sports Mode + Paddle shifters can be leveraged to extract maximum juice out of engine. Having driven petrol engines from Suzuki and Toyota, i think, Honda's iVtech is more revv-happy and offers better performance (comparing 1.2 L engines here, have no experience with 1.5 L engines from either OEM).

On the undivided highways, overtaking requires little planning, but, even in D mode, use paddle shifters, drop gears and get-going. If you are in mood for more fun, switch to S mode and Jazz does not disappoint.

Space management is very good and car is comfortable over long journeys - my aged parents find the rear very comfortable with my 4.5 year old daughter sitting in the middle.

Overall, satisfied with Jazz CVT so far...will share a detailed ownership report shortly.

Regards
VikramCS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 11:33   #3030
BHPian

I am on the lookout for an automatic hatchback/csuv under 12 lakhs and the only reason why I am holding back on going for the Jazz is because of the back seats. Please Honda, I don't even need the magic seats - just give me proper adjustable head rests and split seats and I would happily buy it over the others. At least, give it as an accessory as I am willing to pay for it. Its just perfect, otherwise for the city. 95% of my driving is going to be in Navi Mumbai and I can live with the underpowered engine and I don't need any fancy stuff other than carplay and reverse camera. Why is Honda ignoring such a nice car when it could be the winner they are searching for? Folks in south east asia gets all the bells and whistles while we are always short changed.
How is the current back seat of the Jazz for long distance comfort and how does it compare with the one in the Amaze? Has anyone added enhanced/adjustable head rests?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks