Team-BHP - Maruti S-Cross : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti S-Cross : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/166376-maruti-s-cross-official-review-110.html)

Changed the alloys to the ones in the picture.
Also changed the tyres to Pirelli 205/65/16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjsarora (Post 3798959)
Changed the alloys to the ones in the picture.
Also changed the tyres to Pirelli 205/65/16

The alloys look uber cool clap: Looks like alloys & tyres will soon be standard accessories long with mats and mud flaps

BTW, are these P4s?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pannags (Post 3798975)
The alloys look uber cool clap: Looks like alloys & tyres will soon be standard accessories long with mats and mud flaps

BTW, are these P4s?

Thanks pannags.:) Attaching another few shots

Yes these indeed are the Pirelli P4s.

The alloy rims posted on last 2 pages look too 'aftermarket'

I would recommend getting ertiga or sx4 alloys, i believe both cars have 14/15 inch options

The newly launched Creta and SCross take down the mighty Duster and Terrano to floor! But players in the lower and higher segments (Ecosport, XUV) remain safe until now.

Source: http://management-punditz.blogspot.i...gust-2015.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 3798990)
The alloy rims posted on last 2 pages look too 'aftermarket'

I would recommend getting ertiga or sx4 alloys, i believe both cars have 14/15 inch options

@aerohit: S Cross alloys are 16 inchers. So dont think 14/15 inch options would work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjsarora (Post 3798986)

Those alloys look stunning. Drool :D. Congrats on the alloys and ofcourse the car:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjsarora (Post 3798959)
Changed the alloys to the ones in the picture

Awesome set of alloys cjsarora!!! Looks fantastic and elevates the personality of the car multi-folds!!! How difficult would it have been for Maruti to give something like this by default. I mean, 95% of the buyers have to shell out ~20k to get new set of alloys over and above the vehicle cost.

By the way, which brand is this? Mind sharing the prices of the new alloys and the buyback you got for the OE alloys??

P.S. This is one alloy that comes close to the Abarth's Scorpion alloys :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vigkey (Post 3799135)
This is one alloy that comes close to the Abarth's Scorpion alloys :D

/OT

Not to rain on cjsarora's parade, those alloys indeed look very nice on the S Cross but the design takes after the Audi R8's OEM wheels (hate calling them replicas!).

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-photo1859-1.jpg

Link

As expected, everyone is getting the alloys changed, which is seriously the first mod that one should take up with the S cross along with better rubber ! cpics:

Heartiest congratulations to all. clap:

Surprising how the 16" wheels look small on the enormous S cross. I think the 1.6 would look really good with 17" wheels and 215 section rubber. That would be ideal in terms of overall appearance, ride, comfort etc.

I have been doing some study and the 1.6 base model is actually not a bad idea looking at the stuff/features you miss, a lot can be done after market and that too according to one's personal taste. One crucial thing that is missed out is Climate control but then you always win some, lose some.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjsarora (Post 3798986)

You have to write a detailed ownership experience! Those are the best looking alloys I have seen on the S-Cross till date.

Although, I like my car to be kept stock and after more than a couple of TDs later I feel that the OEM alloys don't look that bad. stupid:

But, the alloy job surely enhances the look!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vigkey (Post 3799135)
Awesome set of alloys cjsarora!!! Looks fantastic and elevates the personality of the car multi-folds!!! How difficult would it have been for Maruti to give something like this by default. I mean, 95% of the buyers have to shell out ~20k to get new set of alloys over and above the vehicle cost.

By the way, which brand is this? Mind sharing the prices of the new alloys and the buyback you got for the OE alloys??

P.S. This is one alloy that comes close to the Abarth's Scorpion alloys :D

Thank you so much @Vigkey :)

I agree whole heartedly with you. MSIL designers should have given it some thought. Alternatively they can give a choice of alloys at Nexa.

I am not sure about the brand right now, will confirm tomorrow morning. I paid an additional 4000/- per wheel after adjusting the buyback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aston Singh (Post 3799170)

I have been doing some study and the 1.6 base model is actually not a bad idea looking at the stuff/features you miss, a lot can be done after market and that too according to one's personal taste. One crucial thing that is missed out is Climate control but then you always win some, lose some.

@Aston Singh : You would also miss out on the ABS and Air bags. In my personal opinion, they should be a must on all new vehicles; with the road and driving conditions being the way they are in Indian cities.

S Cross DDiS200 Zeta has now a waiting period of 7 weeks in Bangalore, while the other variants command a 3 weeks waiting period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjsarora (Post 3799334)
@Aston Singh : You would also miss out on the ABS and Air bags. In my personal opinion, they should be a must on all new vehicles; with the road and driving conditions being the way they are in Indian cities.

Airbags and ABS is standard in 1.6 variants.

These pictures with the new alloys show the real length of the car. While I am not someone who is crazy about alloys, these alloys truly help in beefing up the car for good. What looked like a hatchback no longer than an i20 suddenly looks more like a crossover befitting its name. cpics:

Airbags and ABS are standard on all variants of both the engines.