Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 10:59   #1756
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review: run in period query

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Thanks Dileep, will be getting mine tomorrow evening or morning the day after. The thread you referred is really informative and solved most of my questions.
Always happy to help. I cannot take full credit as I just referred you to the appropriate thread. Thanks to team-bhp member tsk1979 who started the run in thread in first place.
Old 21st September 2015, 11:19   #1757
BHPian

Re: 1.6 s-cross test drive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
My close friend, an enthusiast himself has bought the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha and I've driven it all the way to Delhi and even on the Yamuna Expressway. One thing I can surely say is that the performance is easily in the league of Jetta and Cruze. The power is something to get used to within the city. If you ever so rarely decide to rip it apart, it'll surely plaster a permanent smile upon your face. This little beast can easily keep up with much more expensive machinery, even at very ridiculous speeds.The party trick is to stay above 2000 revs and let the world fall apart. As an owner of an Octavia vRS, I can surely say that this beast has the potential to keep up with the stock RS on the expressway. Moreover, this engine feels more like a 2.0L motor. Only if the steering offered more feedback though. Even with its exorbitant price, dare I say - go ahead with it. It'll leave you grinning each time the tacho needle crosses the 2000 mark!

P.S. Mine is a Stage-II remap vRS so its a different story altogether.
All that is fine, but at the end of the day the purpose of the car is meant to be a comfortable mode of transportation. If all you do is race other cars then it only adds to more fatigue and stress, not to mention your chances of being in "Accidents in India" thread increases (even if it is not your fault).

I am sure both 1.3 and 1.6 are comfortable cars, but I feel that 1.6 was giving me more fatigue in city conditions compared to 1.3, hence an Auto will be nice.
Old 21st September 2015, 12:25   #1758
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi. Other than the question of ABS and ABS/EBD need to clarify about DDIS200. The guy at the Nexa showroom was adamant that DDIS 200 came with a FGT whereas I think it comes with a VGT like my Linea. Any comments on this?
Old 21st September 2015, 12:28   #1759
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
All that is fine, but at the end of the day the purpose of the car is meant to be a comfortable mode of transportation. If all you do is race other cars then it only adds to more fatigue and stress, not to mention your chances of being in "Accidents in India" thread increases (even if it is not your fault).

I am sure both 1.3 and 1.6 are comfortable cars, but I feel that 1.6 was giving me more fatigue in city conditions compared to 1.3, hence an Auto will be nice.
We're enthusiasts here, of course we're not buying cars for point A->B transportation. Especially someone who purchases the 1.6L. It is an engine built for the speed freak and has an enormous mod potential. If only they'd have loaded it with ESP and 6 airbags.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 12:28   #1760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. Other than the question of ABS and ABS/EBD need to clarify about DDIS200. The guy at the Nexa showroom was adamant that DDIS 200 came with a FGT whereas I think it comes with a VGT like my Linea. Any comments on this?
Here it is for you!

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3190
Size:  114.3 KB

Source: Official catalouge

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st September 2015 at 12:33.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 12:45   #1761
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here it is for you!

Attachment 1417633

Source: Official catalouge
What will be the output if the 1.6 is used with FGT? May be 100BHP? Will they bring it for Ertiga, Ciaz, Baleno and YBA?
Old 21st September 2015, 12:53   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
The problem is that most of the sales guys do not understand / know pure technical details as much as we BHP-ians know. That is quite unfortunate and usually we catch them off guard. I am sure this is one of such instances. Like Volkman has mentioned above, DDiS 200 also comes with a VGT just like the Ciaz and Ertiga from the Maruti Suzuki stable itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
We're enthusiasts here, of course we're not buying cars for point A->B transportation. Especially someone who purchases the 1.6L. It is an engine built for the speed freak and has an enormous mod potential. If only they'd have loaded it with ESP and 6 airbags.
Of course H_Dogg72, we are all auto enthusiasts here. But does enthusiast mean speed freak alone? I never thought so. There might be speed enthusiasts, but to label all enthusiasts here as speed freak is not correct IMO. To me we enthusiasts love cars and understand cars. For us it is not just a machine for commuting A -> B but our companion for the drive. That is what makes us enthusiasts. Team BHP also encourages all enthusiasts to drive responsibly and not cross the legal speed limits making us and other occupants of the roads more susceptible to accidents.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 13:12   #1763
BANNED

Quote:
The guy at the Nexa showroom was adamant that DDIS 200 came with a FGT whereas I think it comes with a VGT like my Linea. Any comments on this?
Don't believe them fully:
DDiS 200 (FGT 75PS) - Swift, Ritz, Dzire, Punto, Vista.

DDiS 200 (VGT 90PS) - SX4, Ertiga, Ciaz, Linea, Manza, Punto Sport.

DDiS 320 (VGT - 118PS) - SCross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
What will be the output if the 1.6 is used with FGT? May be 100BHP? Will they bring it for Ertiga, Ciaz, Baleno and YBA?
Ciaz can get it but Ertiga getting the 1.6 is difficult as it would require a heavy body work design change to accommodate the bigger engine.

If one sees the 1.3 is a tight fit in the Ertiga's engine bay.
Old 21st September 2015, 13:12   #1764
BHPian

Thanks @Volkman, @Vigkey. Yes it is really unfortunate that the sales people are not aware what they are selling. I don't think they even bother to read the brochures or technical specifications. But I guess for aam janta it's not the technicals that matter but the look and features...

I have my mind set on DDIS 200 though heart says DDIS 320. The difference of 3 lakhs is just too much and puts the 320 out of my budget :(
Old 21st September 2015, 13:22   #1765
t0m
BHPian

Just spoke with a dealer regarding prices of Michelin 205/60/R16 and the guy suggested that this tyre is designed for sedans and might not give good life and driving comfort for a crossover like S-Cross. He suggested I should go for Continental SUV range. Need some help here, please. Getting mine delivered soon and want to change the tyres and alloys straight after getting them out of the showroom. I do not plan to upsize, rather would stick to the stock specs.
Old 21st September 2015, 14:17   #1766
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Now it seems Maruti Suzuki has other plans for the 1.6MJD. Could Ciaz 1.6 SHVS be the next release?

Even after the high priced S Cross DDiS320, seems very confident and continues its import.

Will we see this in other products of Maruti Suzuki soon?

Now seems to have >3800+ engines imported so far.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2989
Size:  25.2 KB

Source:Zauba

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st September 2015 at 14:30.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 14:19   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
@pannags: Many Congratulations !!!
Looking forward to your pictures of the modifications you are planning as also to the driving experiences.
Thank you very much Aroraji. For sure I will

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Just spoke with a dealer regarding prices of Michelin 205/60/R16 and the guy suggested that this tyre is designed for sedans and might not give good life and driving comfort for a crossover like S-Cross. He suggested I should go for Continental SUV range. Need some help here, please. Getting mine delivered soon and want to change the tyres and alloys straight after getting them out of the showroom. I do not plan to upsize, rather would stick to the stock specs.
One thing Tom. My experience asking dealers has only led to confusion. In fact one dealer said Michelins are the best tyres available in the country, while another (also a distributor) tells me they are highly overrated and that the Goodyear Assurances are more than sufficient.

IMHO, most of the "popular options" in the stock size (205/60R16) are a reasonable upgrade to the JK Elanzos. Having driven ~ 40 KMS on the stock JKs, I'm eager to see what the upgrade really translates to.

Anyway, here is my shortlist, in the order of choice,

1. Pirelli P4 Four Seasons - Offered at 7500/tyre
2. Goodyear Assurance - Offered at 6000/tyre
3. Michelin P3ST - Offered at 9800/tyre

PS: The dealer i'm buying the alloys and tyres from insisted that I could drive upto ~ 150-200 KMs before the swap. The alloys are still in transit and hence the delay.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 14:24   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Don't believe them fully:
DDiS 200 (FGT 75PS) - Swift, Ritz, Dzire.....
They are NOT the same!

The DDiS engine in the Swift/Ritz/DZire develops 190 Nm of torque (74 bhp of power) -> compared to a torque of 200 Nm (89 bhp of power) in the SX4, Ertiga/Ciaz/S-Cross 1.3

If Maruti had a separate nomenclature, probably it would have been called DDiS 190.

Last edited by cpbopanna : 21st September 2015 at 14:37.
Old 21st September 2015, 14:27   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post

At the end of the day this is a mcpherson strut with a fixed rear suspension, so you will always feel the road

Need some clarity on this. Vento has a MacPherson strut, with a semi-independent trailing arm at the rear. S-Cross gets a torsion-beam unit. Any idea what is the difference and how does this affect the ride and handling?
Old 21st September 2015, 14:51   #1770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
The problem is that most of the sales guys do not understand / know pure technical details as much as we BHP-ians know. That is quite unfortunate and usually we catch them off guard. I am sure this is one of such instances. Like Volkman has mentioned above, DDiS 200 also comes with a VGT just like the Ciaz and Ertiga from the Maruti Suzuki stable itself.
When I asked the RM why there are no passenger airbags she said the car is quite comfortable and there is no requirement for more.I didn't bother explaining what airbags were for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks