Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:15   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
That's seriously out of this world!!! Must have left you with your mouth wide open. She seems to be a newbie in the car dealership.
Another shocker-She is a graduate in Mechanical engineering and an MBA with 5+ years of experience in R&D..
Sorry for going OT.

Does the S cross come with a sunroof.Yesterday I saw one which had the one.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:17   #1787
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Does the S cross come with a sunroof. Yesterday I saw one which had the one.
No the SCross doesn't get a Sunroof. Looks like an after-fitment. Could be done up by Webasto.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:25   #1788
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I had shortlisted the MOMO Next and the MOMO Quantum. Sai Mag Wheels is located roughly 3kms from my place and I have purchased HR alloys from them previously for my Ritz. Will try & include pictures of those too later tonight.

However, budgetary constraints kept me from buying the MOMO ones. I saved roughly 12,000 by going with Neo alloys and I am quite happy with the way they look. I am a fan of all black alloys in both Matte & Glossy finishes.
Hey Rahul, what was the buy back Sai Mag Wheels gave you for the stock alloys? Though I live in Noida, I plan to drive over to Sai Mag tomorrow after taking delivery and get new set.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:44   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Hey Rahul, what was the buy back Sai Mag Wheels gave you for the stock alloys? Though I live in Noida, I plan to drive over to Sai Mag tomorrow after taking delivery and get new set.
Sai Mag Wheels is an importer of alloy wheels and has an office in his stock godown. They only sell alloy wheels which you have to get installed on your own. They don't buy back or exchange or provide any other service. PM me if you have any trouble finding the place.

If you're planning to change the rubbers too, then your best bet would be to head over to Karol Bagh after buying the alloys from Sai Mag. You can get your tyres changed and negotiate for a decent resale. I got Rs. 30k for the complete set of stock tyre + alloys. Not sure if you'll get the same as you won't be buying alloys from Karol Bagh.
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:06   #1790
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Sai Mag Wheels is an importer of alloy wheels and has an office in his stock godown. They only sell alloy wheels which you have to get installed on your own. They don't buy back or exchange or provide any other service. PM me if you have any trouble finding the place.

If you're planning to change the rubbers too, then your best bet would be to head over to Karol Bagh after buying the alloys from Sai Mag. You can get your tyres changed and negotiate for a decent resale. I got Rs. 30k for the complete set of stock tyre + alloys. Not sure if you'll get the same as you won't be buying alloys from Karol Bagh.
Did you get both the alloys and tyres from the same place in Karol Bagh (guess it was Karan Tyres you mentioned in one of the threads)? I haven't been to Karol Bagh for any car related work and wasn't sure about where to go, hence Sai Mag Wheels.
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:38   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get both the alloys and tyres from the same place in Karol Bagh (guess it was Karan Tyres you mentioned in one of the threads)? I haven't been to Karol Bagh for any car related work and wasn't sure about where to go, hence Sai Mag Wheels.
I had found Karan Tyres via JustDial service back in 2013 when I needed best prices for Michelin XM2+ for my Ritz. I had bought a set of HRS alloys from Sai Mag then.

I had only planned to change tyres since alloys seemed to be out of budget at that time. Karan offered me a buy back of Rs 14k on the alloys (too tempting).

Neo alloys are comparatively cheaper than HRS and MOMO. I chose the most expensive of the Neo lot (24k), you can shop around & find cheaper models too. :thumbup:
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:49   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Another shocker-She is a graduate in Mechanical engineering and an MBA with 5+ years of experience in R&D..
Sorry for going OT.

Does the S cross come with a sunroof.Yesterday I saw one which had the one.
@rakesh_r: Wow! That's just a sixer.

The S Cross available overseas comes with a Sun Roof. The Indian version doesn't. Might be an aftermarket modification, if somebody is doing that in the region.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:15   #1793
BHPian

Went to the Sai Nexa Dealership in Kochi to check out the S Cross on the way to the Maruti Suzuki Dealership to book my cousin's Ciaz.
A decent experience and the RM was quite knowledgeable but missed out on some of the smaller features such as the lane change function which, thanks to this review I came to know about.

Having just driven the Ciaz ZXi before going to the Nexa showroom, I could fathom why we pay extra money for the S Cross but that doesn't change the fact that my cousin is getting all his preferred kit in the Ciaz ZXi for around 10.40 L OTR in Kochi where a similarly kitted out S Cross would come up to 12.84 OTR (1.3 Alpha).

The S Cross is definitely a car I have in mind when I go in for a change in a year or 2's time. By then we'll have knowledge of long term ownership of the S Cross.
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:26   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
\my cousin is getting all his preferred kit in the Ciaz ZXi for around 10.40 L OTR in Kochi where a similarly kitted out S Cross would come up to 12.84 OTR (1.3 Alpha).
"kit" in most cases especially this, just means little cheap electronics that cost next to nothing at the manufacturing end. The premium one pays is for the Crossover itself as it is more expensive to develop one when compared to a Sedan. Comparing it to the Alpha variant is unnecessary. The Zeta makes for a more fitting comparison and is a whole 1.6 lakhs cheaper than the Alpha which means you only pay a premium of about 80k for a car that is built better, steers better, rides flatter, and can tackle the rough stuff
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:36   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
"kit" in most cases especially this, just means little cheap electronics that cost next to nothing at the manufacturing end. The premium one pays is for the Crossover itself as it is more expensive to develop one when compared to a Sedan. Comparing it to the Alpha variant is unnecessary. The Zeta makes for a more fitting comparison and is a whole 1.6 lakhs cheaper than the Alpha which means you only pay a premium of about 80k for a car that is built better, steers better, rides flatter, and can tackle the rough stuff
I agree. It's just that my cousin has different priorities. If it was me I would take the Sigma 1.3 with the four wheel discs, ABS and Airbags and get the rest after market. Or better still, they had an offer for the Delta wherein you get most of the kit of the Zeta (4 Alloys, Parking camera, stereo and some other minor stuff worth 60k) for 15k above the price of the Delta (~10.60 OTR) since the Zeta was not available readily.
It is a matter of priority, he prefers the additional space and boot space of the Ciaz. I would prefer the solidity of the car and compromise on the kit and space (though the space is not too much of a compromise I might add).
To each one his own...
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:09   #1796
t0m
BHPian

Going to take delivery of my white Alpha . Plan to change the tyres and alloys right after. One query to fellow bhp'ians. A Michelin dealer has quited 10,200 as the price for 205/60/r16 tyres. Another one quoted 9,100. The dealer claims the other seller's warranty is not valid and Michelin will not honour it. Advice please.
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:45   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Going to take delivery of my white Alpha . Plan to change the tyres and alloys right after. One query to fellow bhp'ians. A Michelin dealer has quited 10,200 as the price for 205/60/r16 tyres. Another one quoted 9,100. The dealer claims the other seller's warranty is not valid and Michelin will not honour it. Advice please.
Insist on a printed bill that contains the description clearly and verify that the tyres are not over 4 months old - you can check the 4 digit code WWYY (week of the year and year) to verify the same.

Additionally, check if the dealer is listed here,

http://dealer-locator.michelin.in/

All the best for for a hassle free delivery experience!
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:42   #1798
Senior - BHPian

One thing i noticed about S-cross is, it looks quite big when seen in person closely. In photos it appears just another hatchback but in reality its a big car. We had one in our company parking already & when parked next to normal sedans like Fiesta classic or Honda City, size looks similar. In fact somehow it looks more roomier as well. Also one thing i noticed is it looks premier as well. Fit and finish, color quality, panel gaps etc are excellent and one can feel its premium ness for sure. It looks like a costly car

Surprisingly for Creta, in photos it looks big SUV but in reality its not that big. Photography you see. In photos i also look like hero but in reality ..

Last edited by aniketi : 23rd September 2015 at 11:43.
aniketi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:18   #1799
t0m
BHPian

How would be Yokohama A 348, 215/60/r16. I am getting a good deal for these. How do they perform as compared to Michelin Primacy P3St. I dont mind spending the extra buck for Michelin if tue difference in noise and ride quality is much. Sitting at the tyre shiwroom, so please understand my predicament.
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:22   #1800
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross in Premium Silver, Granite Gray and Caffeine Brown are the popular colors of cars delivered from Nexa(Bimal) .
Average sales from this outlet is ~ 4 cars/day.

Nexa (Kalyani) I understand is having the most number of bookings here.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150917_103232.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd September 2015 at 12:24.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks