Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 12:28   #1906
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
what about people who bought so far when 1L discounts showing up in just 1.5 month. aren't they suppose to get compensated ?
This is really bad from suzuki team.
I am sure this population is so small, that they can be ignored. Cruel, yes. Unfair, yes. Logical business decision to get more sales, yes to that too !

The best option for them would be to raise a disproportionate amount of hue and cry on social media, and get some deals - maybe a complementary service package for 5 years? Diesel vouchers?
Old 29th September 2015, 12:35   #1907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
So if I dont want to use the reverse parking sensor, I can switch it off? Does it switch off the reverse camera also?
It does not switch off the camera. Basically the sound is deactivated, if needed. I guess this is a very good feature.
Old 29th September 2015, 13:36   #1908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
1. Please post a snapshot of the gear lever / gear positions of 1.3.

Please post a snap of the gear lever also.
Here is a pic of the gearshift lever for the DDiS200 exclusively for you!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150929_131213.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 15:34   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharunvbhatt View Post
1) When a customer gets his car to NEXA outlet, he is first greeted by a valet parker, I haven't seen a valet parker even in Merc and BMW outlets.
2) A Relationship Manager handles all the customer needs at one go. A lot of time is saved by this.
3) RM is global, knows how to pamper the customer.
4) Discussion about finance does not happen infront of all. A lot of importance has been given to privacy.
5) Courteous pantry boys, offer me the drink of my choice. I, as a customer feel like the king in there. I have never experienced this in any of the luxury outlets too.
6) I love the way apple mirroring happens and all the info that I need is at the finger tip of the RM
7) Minimum paper works indicating concern and care towards mother earth. That is phenomenal, isn't it?
8) Delivery happens inside an ac showroom. That is again something new for us.
9) Even after sales, I have my RM in touch with me for any of my car needs. Car buying experience has never been so easy.
Ofcourse, in some of the outlets, you may not have experienced the above pampering, but its still the beginning, like I said in one of my posts, a lot of hard work needs to be done by NEXA to build the brand. Also, filtering of unsuitable RMs too has to happen.
You seem to have experienced the best of what NEXA has on offer. However, my experience has been somewhat different,

1) Forget the valet, I had to struggle to park in between awkwardly parked vehicles.
2) Agree on most counts.
3) I don't quite understand what you mean by global, but it doesn't make a difference.
4) Was handled by the same team that manages the parent company. No difference noticed.
5) I'm not a big fan of coffee/tea from vending machines, but this is not a deal maker.
6) Tell me one thing the RM has that you don't see on the NEXA website?
7) Intent is good, but actions are missing. I was handed over a glossy colour brochure, but refused it as I had more pics from the T-BHP review.
8) I really don't see how this makes a difference. My car was not even cleaned properly and to add to that had scratch marks on the bonnet and the rear door. Of course, my RM was very apologetic and has promised to get that attended to, but I'd rather drive a sparkling clean car than one laden with cleaning cloth fibers from an AC showroom
9) Agree with this, full credit is due here.

The NEXA experience, to me, has been average at best, while the S-Cross - I say this unequivocally - has been delightful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
If you sell your flat for profit, do you compensate the builder?
Unfortunately it doesnt work this way. Prices can go up and down - both ways, all depends on demand.
Agree that there is always a demand-supply impact on the prices, but real estate works exactly opposite of how the auto industry does. Your example, IMHO, does not work for cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
I think people shouldn't cry foul for maruti to give discounts just a month after launch. But, hey the joy of getting hands on a new product before anybody else is priceless. It's the same case as why people brave cold and stand in a long queues outside the apple store to buy the newly launched iphone when they know it will be available easily and probably with a discount after couple of days.
The point is discount doesn't make a product bad. It's just the seller has decided to sell the product at less profit to boost numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Discounts, well I did not get any, feels bad but what the heck, it was my decision to buy and I am happy. Looking forward to the alloy upgrade tomorrow.
Very well said indeed! The joy of early ownership is indeed something one can only experience! My wife was very keen on the EcoSport, but was very happy with the S-Cross, and is happier that ours is the first one in the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Renault honored the price because because they committed that the introductory prices will not be increased for the vehicle booked before a particular date. Most of the manufacturers sell the vehicle on the price applicable at the time of delivery.
Exactly! In fact my RM mentioned to me that there was a prospect of a price correction for the DDiS 200 in the second week of September, but customers who had pre-booked would still be offered the launch prices. Its not exactly unfair how these things work, just the impression it leaves behind in the customers' mind, which in-turn results in brand perception.

The EcoSport story is a classic example.
Old 29th September 2015, 16:05   #1910
t0m
BHPian

Need some advice please.

Planning to go for a roof job in the evening and have it blacked. I inquired with a couple of people who do it here in Noida and prices fluctuated from a 1000 bucks for the roof to 4000. The two brands available are 3M and Avery. The wrap on offer from both are removable and supposedly durable.

Can someone give me a handle about this stuff, I am completely at sea here? Costing as well as brand and quality-wise.
Old 29th September 2015, 16:13   #1911
BANNED

Quote:
Need some advice please.

Planning to go for a roof job in the evening and have it blacked. I inquired with a couple of people who do it here in Noida and prices fluctuated from a 1000 bucks for the roof to 4000. The two brands available are 3M and Avery. The wrap on offer from both are removable and supposedly durable.

Can someone give me a handle about this stuff, I am completely at sea here? Costing as well as brand and quality-wise.
IMHO, blackened roof won't suit SCross. May be OK for Creta because of its boxy structure, but not for SCross. Please recheck with any designer before destroying your car
Old 29th September 2015, 16:16   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to go for a roof job in the evening and have it blacked. The two brands available are 3M and Avery. The wrap on offer from both are removable and supposedly durable.
Hey t0m, you can't go wrong with either - 3M and Avery are reputed enough for the mod.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 16:40   #1913
BHPian

These discounts do not seem to be significant. Also the reason may not be due to lack of popularity. Rather it may be due to many people postponing their buying decision from September to October for auspicious reasons. And this is happening across car brands though it is not been advertised. It is only when you start negotiating with the dealers that you come to know about such offers.
Old 29th September 2015, 18:05   #1914
BHPian

A few observations from pictures of UK version missing in Indian version

Pic 1 - What is DUAL on AC module? Is this rear AC?
Pic 2 - I guess these are for ESP
Pic 3 - Notice window switches are illuminated, also the START/STOP button is illuminated. Is it the same in India version?
Pic 4 - What is this?
Pic 5 - Rear fog light is missing in India (already covered in official review)
Pic 6 - Baby seat mounts are visible but missing in India

aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 18:19   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, I think they have 3 point seat belt for third passenger on the rear seat and we don't.
Old 29th September 2015, 19:23   #1916
BHPian

Pic 4 - What is this?

This, if I'm not mistaken would be the seat ventilation system (heated/ cooled seats). Considering the weather over in the UK I would believe they need the heated seats.

Experts correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 29th September 2015, 19:30   #1917
t0m
BHPian

Don't forget the color options. I would have gone for a black or red anytime. Seen a couple of videos with red and blacks and boy they look killer.
Old 29th September 2015, 19:30   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Pic 4 - What is this?
Pic 4 looks like seat warmers/heaters
Old 29th September 2015, 19:37   #1919
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
IMHO, blackened roof won't suit SCross. May be OK for Creta because of its boxy structure, but not for SCross. Please recheck with any designer before destroying your car
Have seen a couple of videos with the black roofs on a silver S-Cross, looked awesome. I am assuming would look even better on a white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Hey t0m, you can't go wrong with either - 3M and Avery are reputed enough for the mod.
Thanks Pannags. Any idea, why such a huge price difference? The authorized 3M dealer quoted 10K for a roof job whereas local ones start from 1K for Avery and 1500 for 3M going till 4K but not beyond that. Is there anything i need to be vary of?
Old 29th September 2015, 20:13   #1920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pannags. Any idea, why such a huge price difference? The authorized 3M dealer quoted 10K for a roof job whereas local ones start from 1K for Avery and 1500 for 3M going till 4K but not beyond that. Is there anything i need to be vary of?
Any day would prefer the wraps be done by 3M - would be a professional job.

3M film itself is expensive not sure how your other sources quoted low. I have done black wrap on Polo from 3M, it did cost ~6.7K(Black G12 wrap) 2 years back and looks good till date.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2717
Size:  262.4 KB

So 10K seems reasonable for S Cross's roof job from 3M.

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th September 2015 at 20:33.

Most Viewed