Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 22:35   #1951

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support - We have ZERO TOLERANCE for biased posts. On Team-BHP, you need to keep it clean & objective. Do NOT post biased messages on this forum.

Last edited by GTO : 1st October 2015 at 08:18.
Tharunvbhatt is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2015, 23:50   #1952
BHPian

@ Are you related to Maruti / NEXA ? You have just written a perfect sales pitch. All your previous post have been about Maruti and NEXA.

Last edited by GTO : 1st October 2015 at 08:19. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Shakensoul is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 00:56   #1953
BHPian

@ Tharunvbhatt

You mean to say I will need to shell out 17 lacs on a S-Cross and on top of that develop a rapport with the RM in order to get an amazing buying experience

Isn't it supposed to be the other way around where the RM is supposed to develop the rapport with the 17 lac customer?

People do get amazing buying experience on a 50K Apple iPAD

Last edited by GTO : 1st October 2015 at 08:19. Reason: Quoted post deleted
searacer932 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 08:11   #1954
Senior - BHPian

On your last part, I happened to walk into Nexa, JP Nagar and the guys there avoided even the basic eye contact slithering away to their corners. forget trying to build a relationship, nobody even said hello! Just checked out the car and out I went. Treatment is similar to what you get at VW or Ford, very unMaruti! Ill be going for a test drive soon, let's see if any thing's changed.

Quote:
I repeat what I had said in my earlier posts that if selling and increasing numbers was the intention of MSIL, it would have given S Cross to its existing 1500 Dealership outlets and asked them to sell. NEXA is to give that "NEw Xclusive Automotive" experience. Go on, walk in to NEXA and experience it. If you didn't get a NEXA experience, the first time, have patience and visit again. Demand a NEXA experience the second time to your RM. I am sure he will oblige.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st October 2015 at 10:19. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 10:18   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
On your last part, I happened to walk into Nexa, JP Nagar and the guys there avoided even the basic eye contact slithering away to their corners. forget trying to build a relationship, nobody even said hello! Just checked out the car and out I went. Treatment is similar to what you get at VW or Ford, very unMaruti! Ill be going for a test drive soon, let's see if any thing's changed.
Exactly! Couldn't have expressed it better. The default Maruti experience is that the showroom is down-to-earth and welcoming, staffed by plenty of enthusiastic salesman. This makes it a comfortable experience for people of all walks of life.

It looks like all the emphasis on 'premium' and 'exclusive' branding can backfire on them if it only results in misplaced arrogance and snobbishness. There is plenty of that going around in the so-called hospitality industry from where they have apparently sourced some of their RMs.

Last edited by chncar : 1st October 2015 at 10:20.
Old 1st October 2015, 11:17   #1956
BHPian

Maruti released sales figures for September 2015.

Gypsy+S-cross+Ertiga = 6331 (7836 - Last months)
S-cross numbers are probably down.
Or Ertiga numbers are very low due to the october facelift launch. Link below.

Sept2015_Maruti
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 11:41   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Treatment is similar to what you get at VW or Ford, very unMaruti!
Can somebody please tell Maruti that being premium DOES NOT MEAN that they have to go to the level of VW/Ford in terms of dealership experience but it means that they have to bring up their cars to VW/Ford level!

P.S: I have no first hand experience in NEXA dealership(s) and my comments is solely based on Sebring's experience.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 11:50   #1958
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
A Ciaz or a City doing 4000-5000 numbers per month, and that too from many more outlets, are considered hits; but S Cross doing 4000 plus from only 50 odd outlets is considered a Dud. Guys just wait a couple of months before passing judgement.
Agreed with you on waiting before passing final judgement. However, such discounts on a newly launched car indicate only one thing = inventory pileup with dealers.

As is known, the sales figures we publish are factory despatches (not actual sales to customers).

The Ciaz & City are doing 4000 - 5000 sales after 1 - 2 years of launch. If you ask me, I don't think the S-Cross will be doing anywhere near those numbers once the initial hype settles down. It's unappealing body style, high pricing & limited distribution are the top 3 contributors.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 12:40   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed with you on waiting before passing final judgement. However, such discounts on a newly launched car indicate only one thing = inventory pileup with dealers.

Either stock pile up or underachievement of planned targets basis estimations. Their estimations for S-Cross appear to have gone wrong.

For example: if Maruti took 10000 vehicles as target for FY16 translating to 1000 vehicles sales per month. If in the early three four months they sell below 1000 per month, the monthly targets for remaining months will have to compensate for under performance in initial months. Thats when discounts start flowing.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:04   #1960

3600 in september as per reports.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporat...tember-1225027
shrek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:25   #1961
Senior - BHPian

S-Cross September 2015 sales stand at 3600 units.
Source.

From the Article :
Quote:
The company said it sold 3,600 units of its newly launched premium crossover S-Cross during the last month.
On a very honest side, I find S-cross as a competent, well engineered car.
However, the NVH, price and limited showrooms are not going to help S-cross.
After my purchase of Swift, I had to visit showroom for a few formalities for getting registration number. Observed that people were inquiring where Nexa showrooms are. This concept of Nexa is not a smart thing to do.
Ciaz and S-cross have pricing not too different from each other in that range. And now Baleno is also coming to Nexa which shall certainly be priced lower than Ciaz and Ertiga.

This "Premium" thing is getting too much, everywhere. With Nexa, IMO, Maruti gambled on years of customer satisfaction it had earned. I know this is far stretched imagination/opinion, but thats what I feel. Hyundai, on the other hand, is enjoying super success of Creata.

Not sure about volumes in that segment, but the lack of petrol engine may hit S-Cross. S-cross cannot have that 1.4 vvt which lack punch, so S-cross will have to carry on with only diesel motors. S-cross has lot of potential IMO.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:47   #1962
BHPian

First, China has already got the 1.4 boosterjet S-Cross. MSIL should get that here as well. Why this secondary treatment to their most important market? Second, I was comparing prices from Mexico and the top version there costs 13 lakhs INR and it is the full blown International version with complete safety kit, 17" wheels, Sunroof, Allgrip and cvt albeit with 1.6 petrol(no diesel there). Add 1 lakh for diesel(as is the case in UK) and we get the price of Indin S-Cross with heavily cut down features! So why is the S-Cross more expensive here? More taxes? I have no idea. To me it looks like more of a product positioning problem ie since this is a 'premium' product, it should be priced like this. But all of this and all the other things in the world cannot justify 3 lakhs difference for a change of Engine. That was simple and plain ridiculous.
Old 1st October 2015, 18:36   #1963
BHPian

Wow!!. It's unbelievable that Maruti"NEXA" has dug themselves into a pit less than 2 months after their launch.

IMHO they made a few key mistakes.

1. Premium crossover but not really premium - Even though the Scross brand positioning screamed premium, the bland design of alloys, lack of rear ac vents took away from the perceived premiumness.
2. Positioning/Targeting of the product - The car is a good alternative for C2 sedans but we don't have any reviews/carshows talking about this. For me the 3 biggest advantages for the car are the FE of 23-24 vs 20/21 of Duster/Creta, the high speed handling/ride combo and sedan live ergonomics along with the added width and GC of the crossover. This really comes out when you compare it with a Honda city which is the best selling sedan.
3. Pricing - Related to first point. You cannot charge a premium for a non premium product.
4. Distribution - Inspite of all the above points, the car would have sold if they had leveraged the reach that Maruti has in the tier 2 and tier 3 towns of India. Even considering the 50 odd nexa showrooms and 3500 odd monthly sales, the no of car sales per month is 70-80. This is too high for a single showroom and I am sure that there will be complaints with the attention the customers are getting. For eg I have been following up the Nexa Kochi for last 3 weeks to get a test drive for my family but nothing yet.

For me looks/styling is subjective. I have felt that Creta proportions are off because it's too tall for it's width but that's the only car which is selling. So don't think that will be a showstopper.

Well it's still not too late. I think as a first step Maruti has to rethink their whole NEXA strategy. You cannot expect people to travel more than 20 kms to see a car.

Discounts are a strict no-no because the market will perceive a lack of demand for your product and reach the conclusion that there is something wrong with the product itself.
Classic Case - Ford Fiesta.
Also discounts will really hurt the first 5000-6000 customers of your car who have not got any discounts. For a new brand, you want the early adopters to be advocates of your brand and not vice versa.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 1st October 2015 at 18:37.
vishnurp99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 21:17   #1964
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexa outlet shows the OEM alloys now painted in black - in accessory list.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151001_184958.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 22:58   #1965
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nexa outlet shows the OEM alloys now painted in black - in accessory list.

Attachment 1421766
Is it me alone who finds these alloys are similar to exhaust fans! Who has come up with the idea of painting it with two colours? Why can't MSIL get some good alloy designs for their cars? Good looking alloys would have helped to make the quirky S-cross appear better.
The Rationalist is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks