Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 18:46   #1981
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
The new alloys do make a difference. A chance shot.
Cool, the black machine alloy really transformed the vehicle, good reference for all S-Cross White. The view from rear is at par or still better than Creta!
lovetorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 18:57   #1982
BHPian

Came across S Cross this close in public! Sadly not 320 engine. But the alloys does make a lot of difference, and it is long !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151002_081020.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151002_075508.jpg  

Ashir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 19:45   #1983
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Cool, the black machine alloy really transformed the vehicle, good reference for all S-Cross White. The view from rear is at par or still better than Creta!
Planning to get the roof and front grill blacked tomorrow.

As for the alloys, I think someone at Maruti Suzuki deserve a big big reprimend if not a firing.
t0m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 01:13   #1984
BHPian

A 10 lakh rupee car without a basic safety feature like rear window defogger and wash/wipe? Wow, Maruti sure is taking the Indian consumer for a ride.
Old 3rd October 2015, 08:24   #1985
BHPian

Prashant, that car must be a lower variant, from the zeta version onwards you do get the rear wash and wipe + the defogger
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 11:47   #1986
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
From your rear wheel snap zoomed in:

Attachment 1421834

I hope those pads aren't causing those patterns on the rotor?
First service in progress. Just checked on 4 different S-Cross', 3 with stock rims and one with upgraded one. All have the same pattern on the rear wheels. The service technician said it's the design of the rotar. I then showed him the pic Gannu had shared previously. He has promised to raise this with the technical team and get back to me. He said since the thing is generic it should be what we say in software parlance, works as designed.

Can other owners on the forum check their rear wheels and confirm the same pattern?

Last edited by t0m : 3rd October 2015 at 11:51.
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:29   #1987
BHPian

To get the leather steering, Is it recommended to get the car steering removed? Somehow not comfortable as the entire section including Airbags will be removed. Will this void warranty?
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:52   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
To get the leather steering, Is it recommended to get the car steering removed? Somehow not comfortable as the entire section including Airbags will be removed. Will this void warranty?

Will Nexa do the job? If yes it's highly recommended that you get it done through them. Stanley in Bangalore never do a leather wrap on cars that have an airbag. I would never tamper with the airbag setup outside.
Old 3rd October 2015, 16:00   #1989
BHPian

Arjun, just called the service advisor, he said that they will install the cover without removing the steering but the fitting will not be perfect and the leather may cover the cruise and music controls
Old 3rd October 2015, 17:31   #1990
t0m
BHPian

Got the car's first service done today and I must say it was a truely premium experience. I reached a bit late around 11, and today being a Saturday that too after an off day yesterday, it was super crowded. I was 73 in line and still was out in a little over an hour after getting everything done. The service center did make sure to give priority to all the S-Cross owners. The Nexa lounge is under construction and hopefully would be ready by the next visit.

Last edited by t0m : 3rd October 2015 at 17:32.
Old 3rd October 2015, 18:22   #1991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
he said that they will install the cover without removing the steering but the fitting will not be perfect and the leather may cover the cruise and music controls
Karlsson's too never remove the steering wheel for a leather wrap around it. Not sure exactly how this point arose though I see someone in past did mention on the removal part.
Old 3rd October 2015, 18:42   #1992
BHPian

I came to the 3M center here in JP Nagar to get the under body coating and paint sealent, they have the ovion leather accessories division here. I asked them for the leather steering cover and they asked me to get the car to their factory where the same can be installed post removing the steering...
Old 3rd October 2015, 18:56   #1993
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The S Cross 'corners' the 'Perfect SUV' at 3M!

Attachment 1421888

3M Paint selant ~ 6.2K
Paint prtection Film ~ 12K (front and rear bumpers, door sills, door edges)
Does the paint sealant really help? I have heard conflictung versions. Whats the best alternative for a white car, if anyone can suggest?
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:06   #1994

Quote:
I got the steering cover done at galaxy in kochi, they removed the wheel to do the cover. Subsequent to that, the airbag light stayed on. Took it to the Nexa service centre, they checked it out and said there was a loose connection inside which they fixed.
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:10   #1995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I asked them for the leather steering cover and they asked me to get the car to their factory where the same can be installed post removing the steering...

have done this leather wrap on both Polo and Vento at Karlsson. Never did they remove the Steering wheel and will be doing there for S Cross too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks