Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2015, 13:13   #2221
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hello All,

I've booked the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta for 12,00,500/- (approx) in Bangalore. Was just curious has anybody else got a better deal? Should I negotiate a little more?

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th November 2015, 13:34   #2222
BHPian

Due to heavy rush and festive holiday in RTO, registration is not possible before Dhanteras. The RM is suggesting to take the car with TC no.

Please advice whether I should take the vehicle with TC no out wait for the permanent registration, thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 13:48   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Due to heavy rush and festive holiday in RTO, registration is not possible before Dhanteras. The RM is suggesting to take the car with TC no.

Please advice whether I should take the vehicle with TC no out wait for the permanent registration, thanks
To the best of my knowledge, at least in my region, delivery of car is done with temporary number.
RTO formalities are completed later on.
High Security Registration Plates are then installed at RTO.

I used my Grand i10 for quite sometime with temporary number. A colleague of mine drove for over one month with temp plates in my city.
Swift which I acquired at end of July 2015 also was with temporary number. The temporary number was just printed on A4 paper and pasted on the car with tape.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 7th November 2015 at 13:50.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 14:08   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
To the best of my knowledge, at least in my region, delivery of car is done with temporary number.
RTO formalities are completed later on.
High Security Registration Plates are then installed at RTO.

I used my Grand i10 for quite sometime with temporary number. A colleague of mine drove for over one month with temp plates in my city.
Swift which I acquired at end of July 2015 also was with temporary number. The temporary number was just printed on A4 paper and pasted on the car with tape.

Hope this helps.
The temporary and permanent numbers were different or same?

We are going to the dealers place for PDI in an hour, can not decide between white and brown!

Last edited by sallubhai : 7th November 2015 at 14:11.
Old 7th November 2015, 14:34   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The temporary and permanent numbers were different or same?

We are going to the dealers place for PDI in an hour, can not decide between white and brown!
Yes, in my case, and as is the case in my state, its different.
What I have understood :

Once you take delivery of the car, the engine and chassis number allotted to you are sent to RTO. RTO then checks the chassis number ( RTO passing as its known in generic way ) after which your car's registration number is generated which shall be on the High Security plates.
Old 7th November 2015, 15:33   #2226
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing beats White or Black, but that's a personal thing .

In my personal opinion, the S-Cross actually looks it's size in White. You might think I am biased but this realization came only after buying the White Hippo (terminology courtesy, Sandygordon).

Last edited by t0m : 7th November 2015 at 15:37.
t0m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 21:48   #2227
BHPian

http://www.caradvice.com.au/377713/2...-update-spied/

The global S-cross is soon to get mid-life facelift (MMC), mostly front end and the tail section

It is expected that the front will be more agressive

aerohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 22:08   #2228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post

In my personal opinion, the S-Cross actually looks it's size in White. You might think I am biased but this realization came only after buying the White Hippo (terminology courtesy, Sandygordon).
Rightly said sir, we had two colour in our mind brown and white and we were shown 4 colours - brown, white, silver and blue. We liked the silver (this is different silver than we see usually) and the white and ultimately finalised on white. For PDI we have to go to the stockyard, we plan to go for that in 3-4 days.

The RM is asking for full payment before the registration work, is that the usual process? I have applied for overdraft loan from SBI.

Regarding delivery date, I decided not to take delivery on Dhanteras with TC no. (This is not temporary registration) but will take the delivery of the vehicle with permanent registration after the puja holidays.

What are the accessories that should be bought from the showroom? There is no 3 M car care store in Kolkata yet, someone please inform where I should go for underbody coating? The coating for my vista was done at Glix, Alipore.
Old 7th November 2015, 22:52   #2229
BHPian

Quote:

I had booked the silver at first. I too was inclined to get the white one when I saw it in the yard but decided against it at the last moment when the rest of my family wanted caffeine brown. (Wife and mom had seen the brown one in the mall when it was on display). But I feel the white and the silver looks the most plane Jane from the front. Uncluttered and simple yet plain.
In fact it is the blue that looks the smallest followed by the brown.
Curious about how the s cross would look with the black cladded area painted white in a white car. I think then the size would be obvious. White dusters look cute when the blacks are whitened.

@tOm Have you wrapped the front grille?
Old 8th November 2015, 13:56   #2230
Senior - BHPian

I finally changed my booking to white colour. I gave it a long thought, saw thousands of pics online and decided to go for White instead of Brown.

As RTO is off for the entire next week almost, i will get the delivery in the week after Diwali, around 18-20th Nov.

Today i took my parents, 72 and 65, to Nexa to check ingress and egress for them. They were super happy with the ease with which they could enter the car. Score 1 Scross!
Old 8th November 2015, 17:34   #2231
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

@tOm Have you wrapped the front grille?
Not yet, been pretty caught up at work, been busy even weekends. Would share once done.
Old 8th November 2015, 18:52   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet, been pretty caught up at work, been busy even weekends. Would share once done.
Why don't you go in for the original European grill? It's so classy?
Old 8th November 2015, 23:31   #2233
BHPian

Hello Guys, i have booked SCross 1.6 Alpha today at last. I will be confirming color tomorrow (confused between Brown and Blue). Total discount RM agreed is more than 1 lac. Will be completing all formalities after Diwali holidays. My sleepless nights starts now.

Last edited by chaudharysaab : 8th November 2015 at 23:36.
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 00:23   #2234
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Why don't you go in for the original European grill? It's so classy?
Have tried to route it but could not get delivered in India. So the next best alternative is to have the existing one blackened.
Old 9th November 2015, 08:27   #2235
BHPian

Just a short update on my S-Cross

It gets its deserved badge, finally!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-code6-tuned.jpg

More details are on my ownership thread. The car is much more fun to drive now.
sudeepg is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks