Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 17:06   #2251
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
When he told me about this, I checked my 2 year old Swift Dzire and noticed the same thing on my engine as well (like the first picture). I had never noticed it until today.

Question 1: Is this normal in a Fiat 1.3 L engine? Please advise!
Question 2: Can other S-Cross owners please check and see if they have rust as well?
Question 3: Should anything be done about this? A paint job or something?

Thanks in advance!
Nivatakavacha
Not to worry much. The engine is made up of various parts having different materials, cylinder head is aluminium and the engine block is made up of Cast Iron (CI) in most cases. The CI parts are more prone to rusting. Since the engine operates at high temperatures the oxidation (rusting) is accelerated in such areas. Have you ever observed the brake discs if the car is unused for a long time. You can see yellowish/orange rust on the disc surface. Here again due to high temperatures the oxidation/ rusting is faster.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 17:12   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Here again due to high temperatures the oxidation/ rusting is faster.
Thanks AutoIndian for your prompt reply. I showed your post to my colleague and he is relieved now; partly also because he saw the rust in my car as well
Old 14th November 2015, 17:26   #2253

Just booked 1.3 Silver colour at Sai.Phoenix mills.Could someone please guide on the stockists for michelin in Mumbai and the availability of suitable tyres for Scross. Also any comments on availability and recommendations for alloys in Mumbai much appreciated. Thanks. Super excited about new arrival. Test drove both the 1.6 and 1.3.Found the 1.3 a much easier drive than the 1.6. As max usuage is going to be city decided to go for the smaller engine. Big thank you to owners and fellow enthusiasts for your posts.Sandy Gordon special mention.
Old 14th November 2015, 21:16   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfreydesylva View Post
Just booked 1.3 Silver colour. Test drove both the 1.6 and 1.3.Found the 1.3 a much easier drive than the 1.6. As max usuage is going to be city decided to go for the smaller engine. .
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Did you go for Alpha? I had the exact same observation and hence chose 1.3 Zeta but in white shade. I will get delivery on 20th. What about you?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 21:53   #2255

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Did you go for Alpha? I had the exact same observation and hence chose 1.3 Zeta but in white shade. I will get delivery on 20th. What about you?
Yes Got the Alpha. Those headlights were a must have.

Went to the showroom with intention of booking Baleno. Came away after handing over cheque for the S cross! Took a test drive of Baleno and then as i was in showroom asked for Scross test as this would be good chance to try it out. Was absolutely impressed with the ride quality and handling which was so much better than Baleno. Came away with a satisfied feeling in spite of upping the budget considerably.

The potholed streets that pass as roads in mumbai were very well handled by the Cross while the Baleno was in all sorts of trouble .Potholes crashed thru with thuds and thumps while the Cross just floated over them.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2015 at 10:14. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit you existing post within the 30 minute window, to add contents to it.
godfreydesylva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 10:07   #2256
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to 2 tyre dealers regarding exchange of stock tyes and alloys on the S Cross. They readily agreed to buy back the JK tyres however both denied buying back those silly Suzuki alloys. What to do ?
Old 15th November 2015, 10:27   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to 2 tyre dealers regarding exchange of stock tyes and alloys on the S Cross. They readily agreed to buy back the JK tyres however both denied buying back those silly Suzuki alloys. What to do ?
Find another dealer!
I understand that all these 'bought-back' supplies find their way back to the OEM parts suppliers!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 15th November 2015 at 10:28.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 17:46   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hello All,

I've booked the S-Cross 1.3 Zeta for 12,00,500/- (approx) in Bangalore. Was just curious has anybody else got a better deal? Should I negotiate a little more?

Thanks in advance.
Yes please! Chennai nexa are offering good quote around 11.1L for Zeta
Old 15th November 2015, 19:23   #2259
BHPian

Quote:
Went to the showroom with intention of booking Baleno. Came away after handing over cheque for the S cross!
Please share more details like exact on road quotes for both and other differences.
Old 15th November 2015, 21:21   #2260
BHPian

Took TD of 1.3 today. Power seemed to be adequate for our conditions. Reached 120 kmph effortlessly. Noise level at that point was evidently more than my Verna. Ride & handling was very good. Turbo lag has been under control. First time buyers may struggle to know when the turbo comes up.
Over all did not feel like an up gradation from my Verna.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 23:16   #2261

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Please share more details like exact on road quotes for both and other differences.
The Baleno quoted at 8.37 as per list,refused to shift from this price and seeing the interest from so many people at thd showroom I was not surprised. Paid 13.1 for the S cross alpha 1.3 on road.Also negotiated for a very good price for my current Swift . Got approx six grand worth of accessories thrown in for free.
They were ready to give delivery immediately but as im travelling for 2 weeks plan to take delivery first week Dec.
Old 16th November 2015, 18:34   #2262
Senior - BHPian

I am getting the following deal for Michelin Primacy 3ST 205/60 R16 92V.

Michelin Primacy 3ST: 7,500/- per tyre
Buy back of JK Elanzo: 4,000/- per tyre
Final price: 14,000/-

I think it's a fine deal.

The only difference in the stock tyres and 3STs is the speed index is higher on 3STs, which is ideal.

Regarding alloyws, the dealer said he will get back to me after asking few people in his chain of wheel dealers, who buy back OEM alloys.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 15:09   #2263
BHPian

Good news for all those who are from Armed forces, serving and veteran.
S Cross has been introduced in the csd canteen.
So if we get a 1.6 with one lakh off the ex showroom price ex csd, it must enthuse some faujis, coz then it becomes good value for that money.

OK got the prices before time to edit elapsed.THESE ARE EX CSD from JAIPUR

S-CROSS 1.6 ZETA 1199270
S-CROSS 1.6 ALPHA 1267744
S-CROSS 1.3 DELTA 839303
S-CROSS 1.3 ZETA 892206
S-CROSS 1.3 ALPHA 987273

Foresee a lot of booking from forces for Cross

Last edited by nkghai : 17th November 2015 at 15:32. Reason: adding prices
nkghai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 19:22   #2264

Quote:
I am getting the following deal for Michelin Primacy 3ST 205/60 R16

Regarding alloyws, the dealer said he will get back to me after asking few people in his chain of wheel dealers, who buy back OEM alloys.
Please let us know what quote you get for original alloys.I got ten grand for set of 4.
Was planning onfitting Plati alloys. Any feedback on this brand?
Alloys look pretty good on this particular model and finish looks adequate.
Old 17th November 2015, 20:52   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Please let us know what quote you get for original alloys.I got ten grand for set of 4.
Was planning onfitting Plati alloys. Any feedback on this brand?
Alloys look pretty good on this particular model and finish looks adequate.
Plati has some nice designs and decent reviews. I did check them out, but could not find a dealer.

I donlt intend to confuse you, but do checkout Momo and HRS on www.saimagwheels.com

About the pricing, I got 12 grand for a set of 4. 10-15 is the known variance.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks