Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 14:47   #2416
BHPian

Quote:

Cost for Red Paint:400.

Have you actually painted the car red? Looks a bit loud in my opinion. Nice car though!

Last edited by Eddy : 1st December 2015 at 14:54. Reason: Fixing quote
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 15:09   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
I want to get alloys and tyre change too.
Was inclined towards filling the Arch a bit more with one size up.
Experienced Bhpians: Advice Required!
Also had some ideas on vinyle work, see attached the photoshop progress:
No offense but that job makes your car look like a cow. If you don't feel compelled to make radical changes, then might I recommend getting a roof vinyl in silver most roof jobs are done in black I know, but I find that on a white car, black accents just add to a panda like look. It would complement the silver detailing in your alpha variant's headlamps and look uber cool.

As for alloys, yes please do change them since the stock ones are god-awfully boring but do not upsize the rims to 17 inch ones because that will take away the car's ability to tackle anything our Indian roads have to offer, besides you will have to keep the tyre profile smaller to match the overall circumference so your wheel arch wont really be filled any more than it already is. If you want to make the wheel arch look less cavernous, then have the black cladding on the bumpers, running board and around the wheel archs painted to the white body colour. Stick to 16 inchers and try not to get one of those newfangled dainty looking diamond cut designs; go for a more classic design with thicker spokes and have it finished in a Candy silver with just a small dash of gold to the mix.

Trust me on this one
IshaanIan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 15:17   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Have you actually painted the car red? Looks a bit loud in my opinion. Nice car though!
That cost of red paint seems to be for the disc brake caliper, if I am not mistaken.

I think you are confusing between Chaudharysaab's silver S-cross and the Pro-Idiot's White (??) S-cross.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 15:58   #2419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Cost for Red Paint:400
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
That cost of red paint seems to be for the disc brake caliper, if I am not mistaken.
@chaudharysaab: Is the 400 bucks for painting the brake disc calipers? Do share a close up when possible along with one of the alloys
Old 1st December 2015, 16:05   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
@chaudharysaab: Is the 400 bucks for painting the brake disc calipers? Do share a close up when possible along with one of the alloys
Yes ChaudharySaab has got them painted for 400. I have the white (cow as per IshaanIan ) one. I have not spent any money, only time on the photoshop-ing.
Pro-Idiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 16:17   #2421
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also had some ideas on vinyle work, see attached the photoshop progress:
Looks gaudy IMO. The usual black wrap mimicking the panoramic roof is tried and tested and works well for lighter/brighter shades. And for a car of this size!

Like this Evoque for instance:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-15468.jpg

But totally your call!
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 16:32   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
No offense but that job makes your car look like a cow. If you don't feel compelled to make radical changes, then might I recommend getting a roof vinyl in silver most roof jobs are done in black I know, but I find that on a white car, black accents just add to a panda like look. It would complement the silver detailing in your alpha variant's headlamps and look uber cool.

As for alloys, yes please do change them since the stock ones are god-awfully boring but do not upsize the rims to 17 inch ones because that will take away the car's ability to tackle anything our Indian roads have to offer, besides you will have to keep the tyre profile smaller to match the overall circumference so your wheel arch wont really be filled any more than it already is. If you want to make the wheel arch look less cavernous, then have the black cladding on the bumpers, running board and around the wheel archs painted to the white body colour. Stick to 16 inchers and try not to get one of those newfangled dainty looking diamond cut designs; go for a more classic design with thicker spokes and have it finished in a Candy silver with just a small dash of gold to the mix.

Trust me on this one
You Like your animals , but thanks for the honest opinion, I will share my logic later, anyways its more hypothetical right now. Thank for the advice on the size. I will not change it.
Surprised by your comment on the car's ability to tackle anything?
Isn't the suspension setup, the primary contributor to the cars ability to tackle roads?
If I change the tyre wall height aggressively, I understand it will get bumpier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Looks gaudy IMO. The usual black wrap mimicking the panoramic roof is tried and tested and works well for lighter/brighter shades. And for a car of this size!

Like this Evoque for instance:

But totally your call!
Dont make me sad, by showing me an Evoque! Its my dream car!Specially the new convertible.

But again, only work in progress.. will show and test other samples.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st December 2015 at 16:44. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 1st December 2015, 17:12   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You Like your animals , but thanks for the honest opinion, I will share my logic later, anyways its more hypothetical right now. Thank for the advice on the size. I will not change it.
Surprised by your comment on the car's ability to tackle anything?
Isn't the suspension setup, the primary contributor to the cars ability to tackle roads?
If I change the tyre wall height aggressively, I understand it will get bumpier
Hahaha yes but not those two animals in particular. I don't think it is entirely about logic at this point, but more to do with the aesthetics no matter how brilliant your logic is, I think I speak for everyone here when I say please do not turn that photoshop job into reality. I have studied design passionately and practice it actively as a hobby so perhaps I feel more strongly about this than I ought to, but glad to see you haven't taken offense

Well it is not all to do with the suspension now is it? If you have a smaller sidewall height, more shock is transmitted; not just to you affecting the ride comfort, but also to the rims, suspension components, mounts and chassis exposing the entire car to higher stress levels. This will result in more frequent minor suspension component replacements and introduce your cars chassis to more flex weakening it over time (ofcourse that will only be noticeable over the course of a decade or so but still) don't even think about making the mistake of compensating by maintaining a similar profile while also upsizing the rims because that will adversly affect your performance and handling characteristics and more importantly, how predictable the car feels behind the wheel.

I stand by my recommendations for your car and really do hope you consider them seriously
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 17:49   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Thank for the advice on the size. I will not change it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

I stand by my recommendations for your car and really do hope you consider them seriously
I already took your recommendation seriously.

Also don't worry about me running into making such drastic changes, I will take my time and your suggestions with it.
Will give you more trials, now that I know of your interest in design.
Pro-Idiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 19:45   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post

Yes 400 was for brake disc calipers. I will share more pictures tomorrow for sure.
Old 1st December 2015, 19:53   #2426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Changed my tyres to Pirelli P7 and Alloys too. Some pictures so far.
You guys are lucky to find a buyer for those Suzuki alloys. I have tried my luck with 5 tyre dealers in Pune and no one wants to buy those alloys. So I have decided to stick to the stock alloys.

I changed the tyres to Michelin Primacy 3ST on the next day of delivery. The total deal was like this:

JK Elanzo buy back: 4,000/- per tyre
Michelin Primacy 3ST; 7050/- per tyre
Total damage: 12,200/- INR
Old 1st December 2015, 19:59   #2427
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Finally, got my S-Cross delivered on Sunday noon. All is well that ends well !

Teaser pic for now. Ownership report coming soon...
Quote:
Congratulations ! Love the teaser Pic..

Here is my Car
Quote:
Got my SCross 1.6 Alpha yesterday evening. After driving it for 100 kms last night, came to one conclusion "What an Animal she is"
It's raining cars in the thread, three in a day. Heartiest congratulations to all the proud owners.

Chaudharysaab, those alloys deserve a closeup.

Quote:
Hi ChaudharySaab, The alloys and the car colour both look FAB!
Did you change the size?
Please share some details ($$) and where did you get them from?
I want to get alloys and tyre change too.
For tyres, i would suggest try Ashok Motors in Sector 16 since you are in Noida. Gave me a buy back of 4600/tyre. I got 5 Michellin P3STs for 9600/tyre.

For Alloys i would suggest visiting Karol Bagh as Noida does not have many options specially in the 114.3 pcd category with 5 holes, would be worth it.

Oops, i just noticed back to back posts. Apologies, mods please merge, or do the users have a way of doing that.?

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd December 2015 at 09:57.
Old 2nd December 2015, 09:29   #2428

Just got my S Cross, delta variant with the accessories thrown in. Happy with the car completely unhappy with the way Nexa dealt with their wrong calculations.
Did not make too much of a fuss and Nexa did not care. Just interested in selling, nothing more. Disappointed.
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:30   #2429
BHPian

Hi,

Just booked my 1.6 S Cross Alpha. (Silver). Wanted blue but the rest of the family were .

I enjoyed the test drive

Planning to trade in my ecosport. Inspite of the advice of fellow BHpians against trading in a 18 month old ecosport, I went ahead.

Still negotiating on the deals.
differential is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:44   #2430
BHPian

Any news of Maruti discontinuing the 1.6 S-Cross? There are massive discounts going around on the 1.6 - what's going on inside? any news?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks