Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 15:34   #2476
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
20 KM/L that's indeed good. I just completed 1000 kms, but simply unable to cross 16 km/l ( Mumbai traffic). Any tips, or should it improve after first service ?
I was too getting an average of 16- 18km/L in the first 1900 kms.

Post that the mileage seemed to have increased , in the same driving style and traffic conditions.
I normally drive in the speeds of 40 - 80km/hr (avg/week) keeping rpm not above 2500.
No racing traits so no spurt in speed on Go- green in traffic signals.
100 % of time AC ( hence closed windows) and lastly to note my route is fortunately not through Whitefield.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 16:17   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Are you saying that there's only one airbag sensor in the S-cross for frontal impacts, that's located behind one headlamp?
That makes absolutely no sense.
This has to be confirmed by Maruti.

My pictorial was based on 2 reasons:
1. My source could not find the sensor on LHS of Scross.
2. The older SX4 had only one impact sensor (4 channel airbag system) so Maruti may have just plonked the same system into the Scross.

Please understand, my judgment is based on practical experience in handling & repairing accidental cars.

I'm not aware of the development technicalities of an airbag system.

Quote:
What would happen in a 40% offset crash test on the LHS? That's the standard crash test done by NCAP, as you might know.
Has the Indian Scross gone through NCAP crash test ?

Quote:
If you have just one sensor, it needs to be in the center, otherwise multiple sensors will need to be placed symmetrically to optimize the accident detection process.
If that is done, then in India every tom, dick and harry would come to ASC with airbags popped out.

Last edited by kpzen : 4th December 2015 at 16:19.
Old 4th December 2015, 16:32   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
1. My source could not find the sensor on LHS of Scross.
If your source could not 'find' the sensor, then this information is probably not reliable.
Unless your source had access to technical diagrams detailing the airbag system, he can't figure out the total number of sensors in the car.

Quote:
Has the Indian Scross gone through NCAP crash test ?
If that is done, then in India every tom, dick and harry would come to ASC with airbags popped out.
Indian S-cross will not have a different positioning of airbag sensors as compared to the international one. Why will Maruti reinvent the wheel and place them any differently?
It will be missing the ones required for the side and curtain airbags, but that's a different story.

And no, airbags will still not deploy in low speed impacts if you have 2 or more sensors. It depends on the crash severity.
Old 4th December 2015, 17:19   #2479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If your source could not 'find' the sensor, then this information is probably not reliable.
For the same reason, I never concluded saying that Scross has only one sensor.
As I said before, "will wait for Maruti's word on this"

Quote:
Unless your source had access to technical diagrams detailing the airbag system, he can't figure out the total number of sensors in the car.
Do you believe all the labor technicians/supervisors at ASC mug up the technical diagrams before working on the car ? that too at MASS ?

Come up here sometime, you can meet the guy(technician) who ripped apart an Aventador and re-assembled every part without a guide book. Lambo guys could not believe their eyes.

Quote:
Indian S-cross will not have a different positioning of airbag sensors as compared to the international one. Why will Maruti reinvent the wheel and place them any differently?
It will be missing the ones required for the side and curtain airbags, but that's a different story..
To my knowledge, they cannot just deactivate the sensors not required for India and use the same setup as sold internationally.

Quote:
And no, airbags will still not deploy in low speed impacts if you have 2 or more sensors. It depends on the crash severity.
Could you please tell me the cars in India with 2 or more sensors in front ?
And, we can take this up in the airbag thread.
Old 4th December 2015, 17:48   #2480
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not aware of exact location of sensors but this is the only diagram in Wagon R manual.

To me, it seems that the car has handled the crash very well with the crumple zones acting as they should. This is not a ladder on frame chassis that will still be seen after crash. Moreover, with deceleration, the forces acting would be less.

Hope all is well.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_20151204_174239.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 21:50   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Congrats chintu_91 on the car! Was waiting for your answer and it is confirmed that the whopping discount is also on the 1.3.

I think this is the first instance on this forum of a discount of 1.25lacs on the 1.3 variant!

A favor - can you ask if this is also across variants and not only on the Alpha? Also, can you please share the dealer's name and your RMs coordinates? The dudes in Mumbai (Andheri NEXA) only stuck to 20k loyalty bonus.
Yes the discount was also for zeta.
Thank you.
We took the delivery today. Then took for a tyre swap. Giving you details below.

1.3 alpha premium silver.
Final on road price : 10.90L dot.

Tyre swap : 12000 for Michelin primacy LC in same stock size. Dealer didn't have 3ST in stock at the last moment.

Discount includes the updated 40K loyalty bonus. Loyalty bonus is for Maruti owners with current insurance valid.

Dealer : Nexa kataria ahmedabad.
RM: Hitesh Rathod.

Cannot upload the images using mobile app as of now. Will do it later.

Thank you all for the answers to the queries.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 07:41   #2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'm not aware of exact location of sensors but this is the only diagram in Wagon R manual.

To me, it seems that the car has handled the crash very well with the crumple zones acting as they should. This is not a ladder on frame chassis that will still be seen after crash. Moreover, with deceleration, the forces acting would be less.

Hope all is well.
Airbag satellite sensors could be 0 to 6 based on the (1) number of airbags present in the vehicle (2) accuracy of deployment (= regulations, if any etc.). There are configurations where no satellite sensors are present. However, the airbag controller has embedded multiple sensors. When there are no satellite sensors, a major drawback exists that if a stone hits the airbag controller hard enough to provide mechanical input to simulate the crash, the airbag gets deployed. On the other hand, for deploying the curtain airbags, presence of door mounted satellite sensor is essential.

The above details are based on my working knowledge and nothing to do with S-Cross. However, it might provide some food to thought. Thanks.
Old 5th December 2015, 09:18   #2483
Senior - BHPian

Some info on approximate service cost of SCROSS 1.6 DDIS (Owners can confirm)

Engine Oil - Rs 2500 Semi Synthetic, only 4.2 litres (My 1.5 CRDi consumes 5.3 litres)
Air Filter - Rs 300
Oil Filter - Rs 400
Diesel Filter - Rs 1200
Coolant - Rs 850
Gear Oil Change interval @ 1,60,000 kms (Should be synthetic)

Service charge - Rs 1800

Maruti has again done a wonderful job in keeping a check on service cost.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 14:33   #2484
BANNED

Quote:
Maruti has again done a wonderful job in keeping a check on service cost.
I'm surprised by that interval to change the transmission oil. Could be 75W90!

Service costs seem to be good enough for a relatively cheaper ownership experience.

Only thing we customers should focus and understand is what parameters need to carried out versus what the SA fills in the job card.
Old 5th December 2015, 16:45   #2485
Senior - BHPian

MF & D3emon

Attached images about Airbag function from the Scross Service manual.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151205_145242.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20151205_145308.jpg
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 09:54   #2486
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this ad in the paper today. SCross Premia edition. Basically the ddis200 Delta with below ad ons.
  • Alloys
  • Fog lamps
  • Reverse Parking cam
  • Garmin navigation

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20151206_0910513.jpg
]

Apologies if duplicate.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 10:47   #2487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Saw this ad in the paper today. SCross Premia edition. Basically the ddis200 Delta with below ad ons.
  • Alloys
  • Fog lamps
  • Reverse Parking cam
  • Garmin navigation
Saw the same in Hyderabad too.

Considering the four add-ons and 8.99 lakhs ex showroom price, Delta 200 would a better deal compared to Zeta.

Below is the feature difference between Zeta and Delta without considering the four add-ons.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-200-c-delta-vs-zeta.jpg

1 lakh difference to Zeta on ex-showroom price and customer would be losing out primarily on Automatic Climate Control, Touch screen for Infotainment, Cruise Control, Engine Push Start/Stop, Seat Height Adjustment etc.

How I wish they could swap the alloy wheels with Cruise Control in the Delta add-ons, as most of us are anyhow swapping the tyres and alloys?

Edit: Are there any discounts going on for Zeta 200?

Last edited by mrbaddy : 6th December 2015 at 10:49.
mrbaddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 11:33   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
How is the headlight on the s cross? Can any of the current owners opine on the hid and the halogens in their respective cars. Is there a need for a bulb upgrade?

What is the real world fuel efficiency of the 1.6?
14.6 till the first 1100 km, hid's are very effective, but on the low beam, since brightness on the horizontal limit is high, after the extent of the light it is quite dark. This means you have to go high beam only on dark roads. the best part is the peripheral light quality. You wont be taken by surprise by things coming out of the side, behind trees.
Old 6th December 2015, 12:09   #2489
BHPian

IMO zeta is an extremely value for money even after additions in delta, the premium feeling of cruise control, push button start and auto AC are worth extra lakh.
Old 6th December 2015, 17:05   #2490
BHPian

Is there a possibility that Maruti might discontinue the 1.6?

Reasons for query?
1. Very low volumes of 1.6 selling in s cross.
2. Rumours of Suzuki developing their 1.5.
3. Quite a few unsold 1.6 lying in the inventories of the dealers. Most are July and August make and couple of September ones.
4. Dealers are too keen to make a sale.

I have booked a 1.6 alpha and am worried if the future cost and availability of spares and of course the resale.

With the launch of the Xuv 500 auto, am confused.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks