Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 19:10   #2521
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post

On a whole 1.3 is not performance oriented, but will keep you happy with mileage and comfort.
Bingo. I have Manza Aura+ in 90bhp state of tune and car is 10kg heavier than S Cross. It is not disappointing in most conditions and works well for kind of roads and traffic we have. Also, my car is over 5 years old now. Am sure, Maruti must be doing better job at making these now compared to Fiat-made Tata one of 5 years back. FE for me has been over 20 on highways and around 15-16 in mixed runs
Old 8th December 2015, 20:40   #2522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Bingo. I have Manza Aura+ in 90bhp state of tune and car is 10kg heavier than S Cross.
What is the weight of Manza? I think S-Cross is pretty heavy at 1670 kgs. I wasn't aware that Manza is so heavy too.
Old 8th December 2015, 20:43   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
What is the weight of Manza? I think S-Cross is pretty heavy at 1670 kgs. I wasn't aware that Manza is so heavy too.
It is 1190 for S Cross and 1200 for Manza.
Old 8th December 2015, 20:59   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
1275 kg & 1205 kg are the kerb weight of the top end 1.6 & 1.3 respectively, pretty comparable to C segment sedans. 1670 kg is way off Sir.

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 8th December 2015 at 21:22.
Old 8th December 2015, 21:11   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
I think S-Cross is pretty heavy at 1670 kgs.
You are confusing the Gross Vehicle Weight with the Kerb Weight. The Gross Weight is always higher.

To quote Wikipedia;

Gross Weight. The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.

Kerb Weight. Curb weight (US English) or kerb weight (UK English) is the total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables such as motor oil, transmission oil, coolant, air conditioning refrigerant, and a full tank of fuel, while not loaded with either passengers or cargo.

Last edited by rednikhil : 8th December 2015 at 21:13.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 21:14   #2526
BHPian

Is it December targets or tepid sales of 1.6 S Cross that huge discounts on offer , I got a 1.7 lacs discount offer. Went to showroom for a test drive, though didn't get it as car was not available. I am making my mind to replace my fluidic Verna but I want to take my time.
w8763 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 08:34   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8763 View Post
Is it December targets or tepid sales of 1.6 S Cross that huge discounts on offer , I got a 1.7 lacs discount offer. Went to showroom for a test drive, though didn't get it as car was not available. I am making my mind to replace my fluidic Verna but I want to take my time.
1.7 is the discount on Delta 1.3. Are you being offered on other variants too?
Old 9th December 2015, 09:50   #2528
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a very good FE since last 2 days, so looks the engine is opening up slowly.

This is the MID reading from today morning. I know MID readings are off by +-2 but it is still commendable IMO. I used to get a miserable 11 kmpl on my petrol Vista, so this is like heaven for me.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-fe.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 10:01   #2529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is the MID reading from today morning. I know MID readings are off by +-2 but it is still commendable IMO. I used to get a miserable 11 kmpl on my petrol Vista, so this is like heaven for me. [/ATTACH]
Good to know you are pleased with the S Cross. If this is what you mileage are getting now post 2000 km it would average to ~ 20 km/l
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 10:15   #2530
BHPian

The beauty about S cross is, so far no body, not even one person has reported any problems in his car with regards to any aspect. Rather Maruti has surprised with small value additions done to the car, the value of which we only realize with everyday use.
IMO had it been not for critics (who are not owners), person who drives it, is bound to fall in love with this car.
akshatmangal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 10:57   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
The beauty about S cross is, so far no body, not even one person has reported any problems in his car with regards to any aspect. Rather Maruti has surprised with small value additions done to the car, the value of which we only realize with everyday use.
IMO had it been not for critics (who are not owners), person who drives it, is bound to fall in love with this car.
Very true
Too less niggles
My Dzire had started rattling at 4000km.
I have completed 7.5 k km and S cross is going strong. Ride quality, handling and poise of the car are out of this world at this price point. No rattles, squeaks or other niggles. One of my friends who rode with me praised its ride and compared it with one of his relative's B class.

The only niggle or rather irritant is the buggy AVN. But it does its job well once you get used to the bug work abouts.

Ownership thread is getting redundant due to lack of niggles; and there is no point in continuing to praise the product which you have bought (touch wood, let it remain the same way). Auto journalists' response and market response tell a different story, sad to see poor response to an outstanding car.
Comparo shot here with the Q5. - Nothing else as of now
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-audi-q5.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-audi-q3.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 11:30   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
You hijacked the words from my mouth
I have completed 7500 kms in close to 4 months and I echo your observation.
My earlier ride was a ritz diesel which is actually a well build car and had zero mechanical issues during the 3 year ownership although it had the typical maruti niggles. When you buy a bigger car(in this case almost the same engine), you are supposed to get lower mileage and prone to more scratches at least in bangalore traffic. But, surprisingly I am getting more mileage. Special mention has to be made to the build and paint quality. I am getting all these irritant scratches every now and then, but a weekly wax polish is enough to make them invisible.

On a funny note, if the odd-even number plate system come to action I will be sad not to drive it everyday
Old 9th December 2015, 11:56   #2533
BHPian

Can my fellow 1.6 owners verify the manufacturing date of their SCross? I got mine September made and i am worried if i am the only one got that old?
Old 9th December 2015, 13:15   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
1.7 is the discount on Delta 1.3. Are you being offered on other variants too?
The dealership had 2 Alpha 1.6 in stock and offer on these only.
Old 9th December 2015, 13:19   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Can my fellow 1.6 owners verify the manufacturing date of their SCross? I got mine September made and i am worried if i am the only one got that old?

Most stocks in the inventory are July and August. By far the latest I have seen are the September ones. Apparently the production reduced to give way for more balenos.

Once you have got delivery of your car and you are happy with it, I guess you shouldn't lose sleep over these things. Enjoy your car.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks