Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 17:26   #2686
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Minor update of my recent Agra Trip from Delhi. Please don't consider me fast driver by seeing below image.
My 1.6 SCross have completed 2k kms so far. While driving on express-way on constant 100 km/hr, Car was returning 21 km/l with rpm on 1750. But then that's only place you can try more in India. So on most of my drive after initial 60 kms, I kept it on cruise and got constant mileage of 16km/l with rpm on 2400. Another highlight was the stability of car at high speed. Agra Express-way is cement made highway hence you tend to have more vibration but nothing seems to deter this beauty. Only near Mathura cut you got traditional black road and SCross becomes more super smooth there even at such high speed.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st December 2015 at 19:08. Reason: Sorry we do not permit mention of speeding on public roads on the forum. Post edited and image removed. Thanks!
Old 21st December 2015, 17:42   #2687
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Well, the Ad still says DDiS 320.
I'm surprised there is no mention about the "Premia" Limited edition on the Nexa website, but here's another car blog site that says it's the 1.3 DDiS 200 Delta trim with upgraded features at 8.99Lakh - Link

Are the dealers doing their own advertisements for these so-called "Limited Edition" models and hence the discrepancy ?
Old 21st December 2015, 17:53   #2688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm surprised there is no mention about the "Premia" Limited edition on the Nexa website, but here's another car blog site that says it's the 1.3 DDiS 200 Delta trim with upgraded features at 8.99Lakh - Link

Are the dealers doing their own advertisements for these so-called "Limited Edition" models and hence the discrepancy ?
Dear Sir,
There are two variants, premia and premia+. While the former is based on 1.3 Delta, the latter is based on 1.6 Delta.

Actually, both are just Delta versions with additional four items and I was told that, the four items can be bought for 36k. What it means is, you buy any Delta version and pay 36k and call it as premia
I'm waiting to see if anyone has bought the same as I want to know whether the navigation system replaces the music system or sits on the dash.

Girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 18:23   #2689
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I'm waiting to see if anyone has bought the same as I want to know whether the navigation system replaces the music system or sits on the dash.
Yes, I'm wondering if and how the Garmin navigation unit will integrate with the console. Or will it be just an independent Garmin Personal Navigation Device ?
Old 21st December 2015, 19:56   #2690
BHPian

Any pointers what would be a good deal on Scross 1.3 Zeta in Bangalore ? I have heard of big discounts on S-Cross though the dealerships I visited are not offering a lot of discounts.
Old 21st December 2015, 21:28   #2691
BHPian

I need one information friends, my s cross is due for first service, can it be done at Maruti workshops other than Nexa Dealer?
Old 21st December 2015, 21:31   #2692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
I need one information friends, my s cross is due for first service, can it be done at Maruti workshops other than Nexa Dealer?
Contact your RM and he will arrange the Service through the regular Maruti Service centers with dedicated bays for Nexa cars (in most cases).
Old 21st December 2015, 22:35   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Contact your RM and he will arrange the Service through the regular Maruti Service centers with dedicated bays for Nexa cars (in most cases).
Each Maruti Service Centre has dedicated Service Manager for Nexa Cars, just reach any workshop and ask for that guy. he will handle your car on priority.
Old 21st December 2015, 22:42   #2694
Distinguished - BHPian

To all owners of S-Cross out there- If I buy a NEXA car, will I have to take it only to a Dealer owned workshop??

What if I wish to take it to a Maruti authorised Service station who is just a workshop, and not an owner of a showroom? Will I face warranty issues later??

Our city has 9 Maruti authorised workshops in total. Out of them, one is a MSM, while two are dealer owned workshops. Will there be any issue if I choose to get my car serviced by normal MASS (authorised by Maruti, but they can't pass warranty claims).

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 23:18   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Yes, I'm wondering if and how the Garmin navigation unit will integrate with the console. Or will it be just an independent Garmin Personal Navigation Device ?
I just booked a 1.6 Delta! a few things to be sorted out (hopefully by tomorrow).
As per RM, Garmin device would be fitted on the dash in Delta version which has a CD player! Has to be seen how it looks; is it worth to buying at all? Being part of a package sold at 15k (worth 45 k as per Nexa), dealer may not offer any further discount on the price.
Old 22nd December 2015, 02:53   #2696
BHPian

Hey guys,

My car has now completed 4750 kms. I have about 500 kms of travel planned this weekend and another 800 kms of travel planned in the next weekend. Is it mandated that the second checkup be done in about 5000 range or can I get it done once I get back, What do you guys think?

Also, is it recommended that the engine oil be changed?
Old 22nd December 2015, 05:45   #2697

Guys I am interested in buying this car, what are the best discounts available on Scross in Delhi? Is there any dealership offering 3 lacs + in delhi ncr too??
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:00   #2698
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked with the RM at Nexa Bangalore ( Bimal), all stocks of 2015 DDiS320 with the discounted price ( on specific variant) have been exhausted, (~ 2.5 L discount)

2016 built is expected to roll out shortly. Prices to be announced but likely to be back to pre- discounted pricing, understand they will built on Order.
This engine is shortly coming in other Maruti products.

Localization of 1.6 engine in plan . S Cross December sales seem to be good. Baleno continues to draw crowds.

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd December 2015 at 11:03.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:24   #2699
BHPian

Kalyani Nexa (Bangalore) and Palace Nexa (Bangalore) said to be having few more 1.6 available, offering around 2L discount depending on variant. Dealer discount is purely on their stock availability and negotiation.
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:06   #2700
Senior - BHPian

My S-Cross came back from 1st free service. There was nothing to do, except cleaning the car well, inside-out. The silly SA had attached pathetic and cheap quality door corner guards without informing me. I removed those door corner guards and returned to the service center.

This is exactly what I was warned about from existing Maruti car owners that even though Maruti service is great, they have this habit of adding unnecessary items to the job card, without communicating with you. The SA had also added some windshield shampoo sachet worth 26/- INR. I told him that I am going to give this feedback to Nexa customer care that SA should not add or change any part in the car without justifying and communicating with the owner. He was all apologetic and said that he will take care from next time and that I should let this go.

Even though the cost was less than 30 Rs in all, the problem is with this attitude of first doing things and then charging the customer without telling them and taking them for granted. This has to stop.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 22nd December 2015 at 16:08.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks