Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 16:42   #2746
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

After much deliberation I went ahead and met my RM to swap my Baleno Zeta booking with S Cross 1.3 Delta. I opted for the regular Delta trim and not the Primea. Deliver is promised end of next week. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Could not bargain for more that what others have already mentioned in this forum - final On Road Price of 10.2 lakhs plus a decent value on exchange of my old car.

Here is the break up - Price in Bangalore is 11.8 on road, got a cash discount of 1 lakhs and 40k exchange bonus. RM agreed to swap few items from the standard accessories package.
Old 24th December 2015, 18:00   #2747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_maximus View Post
1. The cost was 23,000 for an S-Cross.
Wow that is expensive!
Quote:
You can also check for discounts on the CQuartz Finest.
Did you not get CQ Finest?
Quote:
The plastic protection that was applied is for 8 months.
Is this the protection for skid plates and other body plastic panels? Will they top this up for free after 8 months or is there a cost involved?
Old 24th December 2015, 19:20   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Please don't get the 1.6 for city driving. The hard clutch and the turbo lag are deal breakers for city driving. If you're open to a compact sedan, do drive the Figo Aspire. It's deceptively quick and is actually quicker than the S Cross 1.6 in the race to the ton (~10.5sec vs 11.5sec). Also, there's no turbo lag to speak of and the clutch is fairly light.
No doubts that Aspire is quicker off the blocks. Its much more nimble, with almost zilch turbo lag, makes a case for some insane acceleration, if shifted fast.

1.6 DDIS, is not really a quick mover. The Lag is very much present, but not something like a First Gen Cruze. It is ok'ish, if you can get past that, the motor breaks free. Thanks to the bigger turbo, the push in the back feeling is very much real ! The Game picks up past three digits. This is where i feel Aspire loses out.

However when i compare this to the 1.6 TDI, it is almost on par in stock form, except the fact that DDIS is tuned more towards mid and high end whereas the TDI is more about Initial and Mid performance.

In my now late, Remapped Rapid, the best timing i managed was 8.7 secs to a ton. The Stock best timing in the same car, same stretch was 10.5 secs to a ton. Well, I have my own doubts if 1.6 DDIS can break that timing, although it might run close. However i guess the 1.6 DDIS is much more capable long distance tourer than the 1.6 TDI. The dollops of torque betweek 2k rpm -3.5k rpm makes a strong case for able and potent expressway experience.

For those 1.6 DDIS owners who feel it is a cumbersome drive inside city, i guess a proper custom remap would be able to fix that to some extent.

Foot Note:
I had extensively TD'ed Figo Aspire, Figo and 320 DDIS
Booked Aspire then cancelled; Booked Figo and then again cancelled.After i lost my Rapid to Floods, i decided S Cross was more or less a Lateral upgrade of sorts.
My Rapid Thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...per-tonne.html

Last edited by Mi10 : 24th December 2015 at 19:24.
Old 24th December 2015, 19:25   #2749
BHPian

Guys,
I'm in the market for a new car and I'm totally impressed by S-Cross. And, the deals that I read out here is really awesome.

But, with my very limited drive (less than 400kms a month), would it make sense to go for a diesel? Please help me out here.

Secondly, I haven't seen any posts from Chennai BHP-ians here (or I missed them). Any idea on the offer that is on here in Chennai?
When I contacted Pillai & Sons Nexa (OMR), I was quoted 11.5L for 1.3 Zeta.

TIA!
Old 24th December 2015, 19:47   #2750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
After much deliberation I went ahead and met my RM to swap my Baleno Zeta booking with S Cross 1.3 Delta. I opted for the regular Delta trim and not the Primea. Deliver is promised end of next week. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Could not bargain for more that what others have already mentioned in this forum - final On Road Price of 10.2 lakhs plus a decent value on exchange of my old car.

Here is the break up - Price in Bangalore is 11.8 on road, got a cash discount of 1 lakhs and 40k exchange bonus. RM agreed to swap few items from the standard accessories package.
I thought the S Cross Zeta 1.2 retails for 12L approx on road in BLR. Isnt that correct? Then I thought the Delta variant should be cheaper.
Old 24th December 2015, 20:45   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post

Secondly, I haven't seen any posts from Chennai BHP-ians here (or I missed them). Any idea on the offer that is on here in Chennai?
When I contacted Pillai & Sons Nexa (OMR), I was quoted 11.5L for 1.3 Zeta.

TIA!
Not much deals in Chennai for the 1.3. Press hard and they may give a few thousands, just drove the 1.6, definitely the clutch is a tad hard and in B2B traffic could cause pains to your left leg, in the highways this would be awesome.

For 400 kms per month don't go for diesel, settle for a petrol automatic and you will enjoy it in city traffic.
Old 24th December 2015, 21:46   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I thought the S Cross Zeta 1.2 retails for 12L approx on road in BLR. Isnt that correct? Then I thought the Delta variant should be cheaper.
Zeta 1.3 is 12.18L on road and Delta is 11.6 L on road. These are on road prices before discount. Bimal Nexa is offering just a 40k exchange bonus on Zeta. Good discounts only on Delta and Sigma for 1.3.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 08:27   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Took delivery of 1.6 Delta with delta package!
Great! Pardon me, but what is delta package? Does that mean premia or is it some dealer specific thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik1984 View Post
Folks,

Today I booked 1.3 Sigma

I picked this version as the safety quotient was being met, 2 Airbags/ABS/EBD and 4 Disc brakes all along.

Thanks In advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by adik1984 View Post
They are charging 5200 INR for basic kit
Fog lamps, need to shell out 3000 INR extra!

Secondly, i also need to purchase a stereo set, RM said 80K INR
Exactly my thoughts. I've been toying with the idea of a Sigma (Given that it provides fundamental safety features) and accessorizing it after purchase. In high road-tax states like KA, we do end up saving quite a bit with a lower ex-showroom price even if we spend on accessories later. Only points of concern are:
1. There's a certain limit to how much you can accessorize - cant turn a sigma into an zeta by just adding accessories . Even if we could, as you mentioned, the costs might be ridiculous.
2. Workmanship - I'd prefer a from-factory setup any day over half-baked after market jobs. The lesser these guys open things up and mess with wiring etc on a new car, the better.

Would recommend keeping it simple.

And of course, please post some detailed pictures of the car and interiors, if possible, before any accessories are added. Good luck!
Old 25th December 2015, 16:16   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of 1.6 Delta with delta package! Awesome vehicle, shall post initial experience soon.
)
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

I am also getting delta (1.3 though), can you please share a pic of how the navigator and reverse camera looks. Wanted to make sure whether it will be sitting on the dash or replaces the HU before ordering for my car.
girish
Yup, both camera & navigator sit on the dash & aren't part of HU as in Alpha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Great! Pardon me, but what is delta package? Does that mean premia or is it some dealer specific thing?
In NCR, Delta Premia was launched in 1.3 version only. Delta package is being offered the by dealers in NCR where accessories worth INR 45,680/- are being sold for INR 15K. These include :

Alloys
Reverse Camera
12.7 cm display Garmin navigation
Fog Lamps
Mud flaps & Mats
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-delta-dash.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-alpha-dash.jpg  

breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 17:29   #2755
BHPian

Fellow Enthusiasts & S-Cross Owners

Finally booked 1.6 Alpha Silver after many see-saw's. Delivery by mid of next week.
I say finally because S-Cross 1.6 was my first love since many months, as i was in the market to buy a car and had to take this out from my list due to insane pricing from Maruti. So i purchased Creta 1.6 SX(O) which i felt better VFM. Now i am buying first love 1.6 Alpha because of the irresistible discount of 3 Lacs in Bangalore. More about my story in my ownership thread in some couple of weeks.

I need your opinion/advise and i highly appreciate my fellow enthusiasts support:
I need to change the exhaust fan or wheel cap looking alloys immediately on delivery day. I had finalized Momo NEXT Matt Anthracite, Momo NEXT Matt Black & HRS H534. Unfortunately Momo NEXT Matt Black is out of stock. So its between NEXT Matt Anthracite vs HRS H534.

Also i will be getting rid of Stock JK elanzo's with Good Year Assurance. I zeroed on Good Year Assurance as i will be using the vehicle on the combination of good and bad roads. Felt Michelin P3ST and Pirelli's are bit on very softer side for this kind of usage. Based on the research i felt Good Year Assurance is equally capable VFM option in terms of handling and braking except bit of noisy compared to P3ST or Pirelli.
I will be sticking to 205/60 R16 as most of owners in the thread are. Advice's are welcome if you feel otherwise. I need your opinions to finalize and order so that they are in time during the delivery.

Also in Bangalore they are quoting hardly 8 to 10K for trade in of stock alloys and no body is ready to give more than this. Anybody got more than this anywhere in Bangalore, if yes please guide me.

Apologies upfront for many questions as i don't want to make many back to back posts in the spirit of rules of the community.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-momo-matt-anthracite.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-momo-matt-black.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-h534.jpg  

Old 25th December 2015, 20:34   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Congrats Nimit, could you provide details on the offer you got, also from what I have seen most of them have chose Michelin P3ST and are happy with it
While my dad did the talking about the offer, I believe the offer was around 14.75 (Mumbai Registration) for the 1.6 Alpha. I booked the car at Navnit Motors and would definitely recommend them for Nexa cars.
I'm confused whether to opt for the Pirelli P4s or the Michelin P3ST.
Old 25th December 2015, 22:46   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, both camera & navigator sit on the dash & aren't part of HU as in Alpha!

In NCR, Delta Premia was launched in 1.3 version only. Delta package is being offered the by dealers in NCR where accessories worth INR 45,680/- are being sold for INR 15K. These include :

Alloys
Reverse Camera
12.7 cm display Garmin navigation
Fog Lamps
Mud flaps & Mats
@breezydrive are these pics of the Delta variant? When I zoom in I am able to see a start/stop button behind the steering.
Old 25th December 2015, 23:22   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post

Finally booked 1.6 Alpha Silver after many see-saw's. Delivery by mid of next week.
Congrats on getting a new ride, i think you have got the maximum discount on the 1.6 Alpha, that too in Bangalore. I will ask my dealer tomorrow if he can match, if yes don't mind the heavy clutch.
HR534, seems to be fine, however try for a black alloy, they would go better on the silver.
Also my tyre store quoted only 12k for exchange and he advised not to change the alloys as they are one of the best in terms of quality and are manufactured by Enkei.

I know lot of folks have changed the alloys, however I would only change the tyres if I were to buy this car.

Also check with the dealer if he wants to take it back for they can fix it in the Delta.
Old 26th December 2015, 01:33   #2759

Hi kd_maximus,

Can you please ping me the variant (is it 1.6 Alpha?) and RM detail at Bimal Nexa? I am also evaluating to buy between 1.3 & 1.6, hence the query.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_maximus View Post
I was contemplating on the 1.3 Zeta but upgraded up to 1.6 if it wasnt for the 3 lack discount that I got from Bimal Nexa. (It was limited stocks. Not sure if the deal still exists) The beast went through some upgrades - HRS Alloys and Pirelli P4 rubber (From Tyre Empire, HSR). This is how the beast looks:
Hi TorqueManR,

Can you please ping me the dealer name (and if possible RM name) where you got 3 Lacs discount for your 1.6 Alpha in Bangalore?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post

I say finally because S-Cross 1.6 was my first love since many months, as i was in the market to buy a car and had to take this out from my list due to insane pricing from Maruti. So i purchased Creta 1.6 SX(O) which i felt better VFM. Now i am buying first love 1.6 Alpha because of the irresistible discount of 3 Lacs in Bangalore. More about my story in my ownership thread in some couple of weeks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th December 2015 at 09:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post within the 30 minute edit window to add more contents. Thanks!
Old 26th December 2015, 08:43   #2760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
@breezydrive are these pics of the Delta variant? When I zoom in I am able to see a start/stop button behind the steering.
And also, the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, FATC to add.
The only difference between the two seems to be the touch screen and the seat covers.
Wish this is true

girish

Most Viewed