Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2015, 09:23   #2761
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Yup, both camera & navigator sit on the dash & aren't part of HU as in Alpha! navigation
Are you sure these photos are from the Indian S-Cross? When I zoom in on the speedometer I can see kmph and mph and hence the doubt.
Old 26th December 2015, 09:42   #2762
BANNED

Quote:
Yup, both camera & navigator sit on the dash & aren't part of HU as in Alpha!
The two pictures isn't of the Indian S Cross.

Differences that I can see are: ACC panel, speedometer dial, two buttons above the gear lever (near the 12V socket) and a working button below the Hazard activation switch.

Edit: Thanks Gannu_1 for correcting me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Are you sure these photos are from the Indian S-Cross? When I zoom in on the speedometer I can see kmph and mph and hence the doubt.

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th December 2015 at 09:45.
Old 26th December 2015, 09:43   #2763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The second picture isn't of the Indian S Cross.
The first one isn't either. The speedo's primary units are in mph with the inner dial indicating kmph units.
Old 26th December 2015, 10:23   #2764
BHPian

Even the radio channel says BBC R3. I don't thing in India we have any such channel existing.
Old 26th December 2015, 10:31   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankumar View Post
Hi kd_maximus,

Hi TorqueManR,

Can you please ping me the dealer name (and if possible RM name) where you got 3 Lacs discount for your 1.6 Alpha in Bangalore?

Thanks.
Hi mankumar
It's in Kalyani Nexa, Bangalore. When i booked 4 days ago, they had 3 cars(Alpha) in stock which they wanted to clear. Most of the other NEXA dealers have cleared their stocked Alpha car's and they are not offering any or minimal discount at the moment. May be Kalyani is the best bet right now not sure whether they have cleared the stock now or not. You can contact Madhuri Showroom Manager. Just fyi -> on my car booking day i made a general query about 1.3, they were offering 1.3 Lacs discount on Alpha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post

I know lot of folks have changed the alloys, however I would only change the tyres if I were to buy this car.

Also check with the dealer if he wants to take it back for they can fix it in the Delta.
Hi Chillout
Thanks, It would be great if you can provide me the details of the store where you got quote for 12K for the stock alloys. Dealer didn't agree to buyback the alloys as i told him the same logic to use it in lower version upgrade package.

Other Bhpians/Bangalore SCross Owners
Please answer my previous query as i want to place the order for alloys today.
Old 26th December 2015, 11:06   #2766
BHPian

Surprised to hear things like
'will have to check the part availability'
'the part will take 4-5 days to arrive and not in Bangalore'

I asked the service advisor to confirm if I am speaking to Maruti service advisor or a German car service advisor

Okay, that was a rant, now what happened is that yesterday night I broke the left side rear view mirror. Thanks to the barricades placed on the road in NH 209. (Chamarajanagar). There are absolutely no reflectors on these barricades throughout the road.

Now, they are ready to replace the complete unit for ~7k. But the unit is fine, only the glass, the indicator light are gone. Hope for a quick resolution
Old 26th December 2015, 11:24   #2767
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Now, they are ready to replace the complete unit for ~7k. But the unit is fine, only the glass, the indicator light are gone. Hope for a quick resolution
You'll get the glass and indicator separately. No need to replace the whole unit at such high cost.
Old 26th December 2015, 17:03   #2768
BHPian

Have any of you opted for leather steering cover as an accessory? I wanted to add that to my 1.3 Delta and the RM discouraged me saying that the finish might not be the best and could disappoint me. Any other suggestions for a good steering cover would also help.
Old 26th December 2015, 21:52   #2769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Any other suggestions for a good steering cover would also help.
Check out Karlsson's, details posted in the ownership thread.

Rumors are rife the S Cross will get the SHVS to lower the Pricing ( DDiS320 ?, and hence the hefty discounts for clearing the 2015 stocks) , and will also come in its Petrol avatar (ZXI+?).

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscrosswhite3.jpg

Recap - reports and Pics of S Cross , petrol variant was seen in June-15. Could it mean the S Cross is already tested with the 1.4 litre engine. Does the badge (Maruti Suzuki / ZXI+)indicate it will retail through Regular Maruti dealers? Report also indicated the petrol trim level features are different from its diesel variants.

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/m...-cross-123436/

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th December 2015 at 22:15.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 00:28   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10;3878290

[URL="http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/maruti-suzuki-cross-123436/"
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/maruti-suzuki-cross-123436/[/url]
Oh gosh this is insane strategy from Maruti, i definitely feel bad for folks who bought the car when it was launched a couple of months back. However this is the only hope they have if scross is to succeed. We are looking at an onroad price of 15 lacs in Chennai for the top end version if the price mentioned is correct. No wonder they were giving 2 lacs plus discount for the current models where Onroad price is close to 17.2 in Chennai for the Alpha 1.6

Last edited by Chillout : 27th December 2015 at 00:54.
Old 27th December 2015, 11:09   #2771
BHPian

Thinking to upgrade to 225/55 R16 for my 1.6 Alpha as soon as I get delivery? Is it an overkill for 1.6? I have seen sandygordon with this upsize on 1.3. Is it worth the upgrade? Will it cause noticeable steering stiffness and considerable FE drop. Going for yoko db, so I don't think too much FE as this would softer than stock JK. Only worry is about steering stiffness!
TorqueManR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 13:53   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Check out Karlsson's, details posted in the ownership thread.

Rumors are rife the S Cross will get the SHVS to lower the Pricing ( DDiS320 ?, and hence the hefty discounts for clearing the 2015 stocks) , and will also come in its Petrol avatar (ZXI+?).

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/m...-cross-123436/
While this can certainly be a reason for Maruti to try clear 2015 stocks, I am still a little skeptical. This news was reported in June and its been a long time since then. A good petril variant and a SHVS would definitely be welcome additions and would give a good range to choose from.

I don't think the existing customers will feel cheated. Whatever car you buy, there will always be a better version available after some time. The question is where you happy with your decision at the time of purchase, if yes nothing to worry.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 19:06   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post
Thinking to upgrade to 225/55 R16 for my 1.6 Alpha as soon as I get delivery? Is it an overkill for 1.6? I have seen sandygordon with this upsize on 1.3. Is it worth the upgrade? Will it cause noticeable steering stiffness and considerable FE drop. Going for yoko db, so I don't think too much FE as this would softer than stock JK. Only worry is about steering stiffness!
Congratulations on the 1.6 S Cross..
225 will never be an overkill on the 1.6 (a bit of an overkill on the 1.3)
FE will drop by aroud 1-1.5 kmpl
Steering stiffness perception is relative. As some one coming from first generation swift dzire, I feel the steering is quite light for me with the 225. Any dead on centre feel is gone with the upgrade. Moreover for someone coming from a hyundai joystick, you might feel it to be on the heavier side, but definitely enjoyable.
And do get good mud flaps and get ready to clean the sides of the car more often.

Last edited by sandygordon : 27th December 2015 at 19:29.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 21:42   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, both camera & navigator sit on the dash & aren't part of HU as in Alpha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
@breezydrive are these pics of the Delta variant? When I zoom in I am able to see a start/stop button behind the steering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
And also, the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, FATC to add.
The only difference between the two seems to be the touch screen and the seat covers.
Wish this is true

girish
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The two pictures isn't of the Indian S Cross.

Differences that I can see are: ACC panel, speedometer dial, two buttons above the gear lever (near the 12V socket) and a working button below the Hazard activation switch.

Edit: Thanks Gannu_1 for correcting me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The first one isn't either. The speedo's primary units are in mph with the inner dial indicating kmph units.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Even the radio channel says BBC R3. I don't thing in India we have any such channel existing.
Hello! come on Boys, these pics are not of my car and were posted just to distinguish between Alpha HU and Delta HU...)

Took a flight to Chennai on the very next day of delivery for an urgent work, so haven't got chance to spend time with my new buy! Thus, no pics so far!

Drove the car for just 68 kms on the first day and I've been missing it for the past 04 days now. Shall be back in Delhi tomorrow!
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 04:39   #2775
BHPian

I have observed something strange with the range feature of the S Cross. If say the range is showing as 230 kms, you start climbing a mountain the range comes down to about 140 kms. When you are coming down the range shows about 330 kms. I attribute this to the way the fuel shifts in the tank due to these changes. But, certainly this is very confusing...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks