Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 20:20   #2896
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
If
Wish they come up with this offer in Bangalore, I was ready to buy 1.3 zeta at 11 lakh, and this will be dream come true
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Now the S-Cross 1.6 is cheaper than the 1.3 also. Crazy strategy by Maruti I must say. I am sure this is to clear the stocks. I also feel that the 1.6 variant might be sold almost like made-to-order, in future.
This news is just to create sensation. It is purely at dealership levels to clear out the 2015 stocks.
In Bangalore there is hardly any DDiS320 in stock now.

For 2016 built, S Cross DDiS320 will be made only on order.
Old 7th January 2016, 20:21   #2897
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S cross discounts is 5.5 lakhs now. Really shocked!!!! 1.6 is a steal now
http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-s-cro...-12179236.html
Can't imagine what the owners who purchased at the full rates would be feeling right now. If true, it shows how ridiculously overpriced such cars are in India and all these price increases due to 'rising input costs' are nothing more than hogwash.
mxh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 20:23   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
If true, this is a loot. With this kind of offer, the cost of 1.6 alpha should be equal to that of 1.3 zeta. Who will buy 1.3 then.
Wish they come up with this offer in Bangalore, I was ready to buy 1.3 zeta at 11 lakh, and this will be dream come true

Girish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S cross discounts is 5.5 lakhs now. Really shocked!!!! 1.6 is a steal now
http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-s-cro...-12179236.html

Called up NEXA Kalyani in Bangalore and heard the same story. 3 Lakh Discount on the Zeta which makes the price around 13Lakh OTR. No other discounts.
Old 7th January 2016, 20:39   #2899
BANNED

My friend has booked S Cross Delta 1.6. He is getting for 11.35 lacs on road. I think that's a stupendous deal.
Old 7th January 2016, 20:48   #2900
BHPian

Wow, above 5 lacs discount will ensure all the remaining stocks get cleared out, big question is on the future of the 1.6 now, I feel most probably they would discontinue and sell only the 1.3
Old 7th January 2016, 23:42   #2901
Senior - BHPian

Finally, she comes home

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-imag250901.jpeg
Mi10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 12:39   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Finally, she comes home

Attachment 1457943
Congratulations Mi10. Wishing many many safe & enjoyable miles.

Well with news of discounts & sales numbers a lot of them are eager to write obituaries for the S Cross. The fact remains that slowly things are picking up speed and you see more and more S Crosses on the roads. It's been a slow start but considering the quality of the make & the comfort I am optimistic that things would only head north from here.

1.3 can keep the numbers ringing & the 2016 model 1.6 would be made only after booking. With this sorted, I guess Maruti will figure out a way to bring in some volumes - could be through discounts, correcting the pricing, additional features. Options are many.

The best part is that the owners are really happy with the buy & that would help sales as well. In India, a lot of decisions are made based on feedback from existing owners.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 12:56   #2903
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post

The best part is that the owners are really happy with the buy & that would help sales as well. In India, a lot of decisions are made based on feedback from existing owners.
May be, this will do another Wagon-R for Maruti. During the initial stages, WagonR were selling in low figures, but later picked up just because of its utility and word-of-mouth publicity.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 13:26   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
May be, this will do another Wagon-R for Maruti. During the initial stages, WagonR were selling in low figures, but later picked up just because of its utility and word-of-mouth publicity.
Certainly hope so. Eyeing the S-Cross as a replacement for my Alto in a year or so.
Hoping that it will be around in the market then.

Vitamin M not permitting a change currently.
Old 8th January 2016, 15:21   #2905
Senior - BHPian

I feel that all those who are sitting on the fence, should take the plunge and go ahead with S-Cross. The S-Cross is a great product (Best yet?) from the Maruti stable and the 1.3 S-Cross is an extremely safe bet, in terms of A.S.S., since it has the national engine and few parts shared with other Maruti products.

Cheers !
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 15:31   #2906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Finally, she comes home

Attachment 1457943
Congratulations. Do you mind sharing the OTR price? Hope you have a lot of happy miles with the car!!!
arvind71181 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 15:34   #2907
Senior - BHPian

While Maruti is counting losses on S-Cross with massive discounts, we have news of another mini SUV launch from Hyundai to tackle KUV100.

But I still believe that as in the case of Wagon R vis-a-vis Santro, S-Cross 1.3 will definitely turn out to be a "Lambi Race ka Ghoda".
Old 8th January 2016, 16:02   #2908
BHPian

What's the current discounts on 1.3 delta/zeta/alpha in Bangalore without exchange/loyalty/finance?

On the other hand as I am close to my 10k service, need to know from members about the 3rd service specifically on engine oil and overall service cost.

And lastly on the monthly sales numbers, let's maruti work out on the financials Enjoy your ride and be happy with what you have. It's heartening to see some competent cars launched recently biting the dust where as some others making hay while the sun shines. No disrespect to any car and owner
Old 8th January 2016, 16:14   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
... It's heartening to see some competent cars launched recently biting the dust where as some others making hay while the sun shines. No disrespect to any car and owner
I hope and assume you meant disheartening

We all wish for truly good cars to succeed in the market, but ultimately, what is a good car for us (I mean enthusiasts/ technology guys) may not be what the mango people prefer.

This (the S Cross) is one of those good cars, and seeing the number of people who own it here is heartening, in that quite a few people (including yourself from your DP ) have put their money into a truly stand apart product from Maruti which for once, is unlike any other.

Lets hope that it is indeed a lambi race ka ghoda as someone mentioned earlier and hope that Maruti doesn't take any knee jerk reactions.

Last edited by nmenon : 8th January 2016 at 16:15. Reason: Added some words
Old 8th January 2016, 16:51   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
I hope and assume you meant disheartening
Well I meant both. Sometimes as an individual you want something to fail and some to succeed. But, this doesn't always happen. On a lighter note let's not drag this until an argument starts

Well talking about myself as a mango man unlike very knowledgeable about 4 wheels, I have a record of buying not so successful cars during their time ultimately finishing as a very satisfied owner. Hoping to continue this trend for the third time. For me what's important is it must fit my budget/requirements at the same time should satisfy the driver inside me and above all a product light on pocket. You can always stretch your budget to buy the car you want or dare I say the mass market successful car.

The astronomical discounts offered are definitely not sustainable for long from balance sheet stand point. It will only give you some additional numbers, but can't ignite the desire to own for masses.

Finally congratulations to all the new owners.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed