Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 10:45   #3001
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Dear Mods, as the price of S Cross has changed after the heavy price reduction, shouldnt the first page of the review be changed to mention these prices? Just my thought. I have a habit of sharing the review links to my friends who are looking for cars, so thought that the price changes should be reflected in the main review content.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 11:23   #3002
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Engine & Driving Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

Engine underbelly is protected by a metal sheet. You can't see the ground:
The review mentions that the engine under body is protected by a metal sheet. However, when I took my SCross for the first service, I noticed that I could actually see the ground. There is an opening under the engine area. All other areas of the under body are well cladded.

I have attached images for reference. Am I missing something? I was just worried that Maruti might have taken out some parts while offering discounts. I did check another S Cross at the service station and that had a similar opening as well. I just think that I am worrying too much, but just wanted to be sure.

When I asked the service rep, he mentioned that this area is left open for checking engine & ease of repair works.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pic-reference.jpg  

SafeDrive0107 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 12:17   #3003
BHPian

S Cross owners, can you'll help me with the RPM @ Speed numbers from both the 1.3 and the 1.6 owners.

RPM at the highest gear at below speeds:
130+

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th January 2016, 12:31   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
S Cross owners, can you'll help me with the RPM @ Speed numbers from both the 1.3 and the 1.6 owners.

RPM at the highest gear at below speeds:
130+

Thanks in advance.
For 1.3 70 @ around 1200 rpm, 100 @ around 2000 rpm, 130+ at around 3000 rpm
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:16   #3005
Distinguished - BHPian

Influence of a Bhpian - here is the effect:

A colleague upgrades to S Cross cancelling his Baleno booking. Current new pricing has no effect as the discount for a 2015 manf. vehicle is lucrative enough

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160118_140458.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 22:34   #3006
BHPian

Whilst browsing the Carwale section on the new S Cross pricing, I observed, which was observed earlier on the S Cross having the supercharger + the turbocharger.

Quickly scouted through the pages of the logic between the two kinds of chargers, and apparently got the detailed level understanding within one of the T-BHP forums. "Which is more effective Turbocharger or Supercharger"

Scouted again within the S Cross official review section, and could gather some information on the respective chargers.

I was wondering whether this is a default option in the 1.6 DDiS, or any versions of the 1.6 DDiS, or whether it has to be installed separately. Also if this is a default option shouldn’t the car be marketed in that fashion to increase the footfalls and subsequent buyer interest?

Again not very sure whether the superchargers are installed / Installed by default just to give that initial momentum before the turbo kicks in!

Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 22:46   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitiloop View Post
I was driving towards shegaon at a speed of 70-80 km/hr.
I have driven on that road a few times. It is narrow and winding, why didn't you slow down when you saw the other vehicle?

When you are getting back on the road at that speed, if the tyre hits the main road at the wrong angle, you will damage your sidewall. And you might not even get to know until you have driven a few km. Not a good risk to take during a long drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I would slow down a Fortuner for 3-4 inch height.
So would I. Especially before I get back on the raised road.
Old 18th January 2016, 23:29   #3008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I have driven on that road a few times. It is narrow and winding, why didn't you slow down when you saw the other vehicle?

When you are getting back on the road at that speed, if the tyre hits the main road at the wrong angle, you will damage your sidewall. And you might not even get to know until you have driven a few km. Not a good risk to take during a long drive.

So would I. Especially before I get back on the raised road.
Yes in hindsight I should have slowed down...the road was such that 2 vehicles would cross each other comfortably. So in previous instances slow down was not required. However if the oncoming vehicle crossed the medium even by a small magin...you needed to get off road. I must have misjudged it and hence getting on-off the road at same speed happened.

The 3-4 times zig-zag movement, brake failure and loss of steering control then followed...Really lucky to come out safe!
Old 18th January 2016, 23:41   #3009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post
Whilst browsing the Carwale section on the new S Cross pricing, I observed, which was observed earlier on the S Cross having the supercharger + the turbocharger.
  • Cartrade is publishing cock n bull stories.
  • No supercharger, only turbocharger in the 1.3/1.6 S Cross.
rednikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 07:41   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian

Limited Edition Variant of S Cross expected at 2016 Auto Expo.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki plans to bring in a 'limited edition' variant of the S-Cross at the 2016 Auto Expo in February. Not much is known about the said variant for now,
Quote:
About 17,000 units of the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross have been sold since its launch in India, out of which 15,000 were the 1.3-litre DDiS 200 variants.
Quote:
Considering the sales numbers, it is quite evident that the market has taken to the 1.3-litre variant of the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, while the 1.6-litre variant struggles to garner numbers.
Quote:
the carmaker accepted that there was indeed a disconnect between the perception of the 2 variants of the crossover and that corrective measures have been taken.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...o-expo-1267236
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 15:59   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Limited Edition Variant of S Cross expected at 2016 Auto Expo.
Hoping for skirt kit, different alloys, smoked lights, no chrome, sporty red race lines paint job, sunroof, spoilers, nudge guard with fogs (la duster explorer), red black interior theme, twin exhausts, rear fogs, AWD option and only black color

Is the list too short?
Old 19th January 2016, 16:42   #3012
Distinguished - BHPian

2015 S Cross DDiS320 Delta variant in Premium silver and Urban blue is available in Bangalore at ex showroom price of 9.99 Lakhs. ( ~ 2 nos)

Contact Nexa Bimal.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 18:56   #3013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2015 S Cross DDiS320 Delta variant in Premium silver and Urban blue is available in Bangalore at ex showroom price of 9.99 Lakhs. ( ~ 2 nos)

Contact Nexa Bimal.
Is this price used for all the calculations, mean road tax, insurance etc. If this is only discount, then might be a good idea to wait for 2016 model itself which is only 30k higher

In also curious to know, how come they can sell it at this price which is not official?

Girish
Old 19th January 2016, 21:12   #3014
BHPian

Has anyone bought 3D mats for the S Cross?
Amazon is selling a 'Generic' brand for Rs 1799/- plus delivery charges. Any opinion on these? Is there a better choice available?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160119210554_in.amazon.mshop.android.shopping.png  

Old 19th January 2016, 22:42   #3015
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2016 at 10:43.
hondacity is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks