Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 10:31   #3016
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Has anyone bought 3D mats for the S Cross?
Amazon is selling a 'Generic' brand for Rs 1799/- plus delivery charges. Any opinion on these? Is there a better choice available?
Material seem to be rubber, at-least from the pics. My suggestion would be to check this with supplier before purchase, ask a question option is there in Amazon I guess.
I'm just mulling the idea of going for sports pedals, unable to see it on Nexa accessories. Any suggestions folks?
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 23:47   #3017
BHPian

Here is my story of S-Cross -

I went to NEXA 3-4 months back, took TD for 1.3 Alpha and was completely satisfied with the experience of driving it. Since then I was trying to set the stage for buying a cross-over with my family.

26 December 2015:
Finally on 26 December, we reached NEXA showroom to see Baleno. It was all chaos in there with Baleno and long waiting for the TD. Meanwhile the RM started selling the S-Cross. I told him about the TD I had and he came to the discounts directly. We were still not completely sold on buying S-Cross until then.

27 December 2015:
Next day (27 December) RM called me with a deal for Alpha 1.3. I reached the showroom and I was told about the discount of just 40k. I straight away rejected it as I was anyways not interested in Alpha.

28 December 2015:
Next day he came up with one more offer but this time for Delta (1 lac discount.) I heard the offer and went back home. I was not ready to take delta as it was missing few good features which I would have got by paying 36k more for Zeta. I called up to tell RM that I am not interested.

29 December 2015:
RM called me up to tell that he has a Zeta 1.3. I reached showroom eagerly, heard the offer (60k discount.) RM wanted me to finalize it right then and there but I was insisting to allow me to do insurance on my own. They were not ready for this for obvious reasons. Finally the negotiations came down to giving me NCB (from my old car, 45%) but they needed time to confirm this. So, I reached home by holding the car for me. Over the course of reminder of the day, we had numerous calls and negotiations. Finally around 7 PM on 29 December, we broke the deal of 75k discount + NCB transfer + no compulsions on buying extended warranty right away. They wanted me to make payment in next 24 hrs to invoice the car in December but I had already told them that I will inspect the car first before initiating any payment.

30 December 2015:
We reached stockyard, spent 30-45 mins to find the car with chassis number. We checked with stockyard manager and he told that the car is already sent from stockyard after PDI and everything. It was a case of someone who had booked the car and then switched to Alpha or so on the last day. I confirmed this with RM and stockyard folks. Went back to the showroom where the car had reached. Checked the car (not much detailed internally) but external checks were satisfactory. Did check Odometer and it was 47 kms. By this time, it was 3:30 PM and RTGS/NEFT window for payment was closed for the day.

31 December 2015:
Now RM and his manager were on the gas. I had not initiated any payment until last day. Without troubling them anymore, I completed all payment through bank and got the invoicing done. Rushed to my old car's insurance company to request NCB reserving letter; no way I was going to get it quickly due to holidays.

07 January 2016:
Got NCB letter and gave that to RM (with due copies kept for me.) Original NCB letter had to be submitted.

Fast forward to today - 20 January 2016:
As I already had personal plans of being out of town, delivery was not done until now. Car is now registered in my name and stage is set. Reached showroom, saw the NEXA accessories, many were not required for Zeta and some of them were not to my liking. Settled on getting only mud-flaps.

Awaited - 24 January 2016:
My car's delivery will be on 24 January; counting the days!
sagara999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 09:43   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
Here is my story of S-Cross -

Awaited - 24 January 2016:
My car's delivery will be on 24 January; counting the days!
Welcome to the club ! What colour did you go for? You seem to have got a good deal.

I would recommend to go for the extended warranty right away, since most of us don't get time to buy it later and then you end up paying higher amounts either on services or buying the warranty later.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 10:02   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Welcome to the club ! What colour did you go for? You seem to have got a good deal.

I would recommend to go for the extended warranty right away, since most of us don't get time to buy it later and then you end up paying higher amounts either on services or buying the warranty later.
Thanks! I got the brown color (no choice but I was looking for this color luckily). I am still undecided or in dual minds on extended warranty. Is it worth to spend 14k on warranty? Its a situation of brain says no, and heart says yes. I tend to agree with you to some extent but my earlier episode with Linea and extended warranty is something drags me in other direction. Most of the parts which would last 5-6 years are the only ones covered in extended warranty but not the ones which would fail in less than 4 years (e.g. switches.)
sagara999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 12:57   #3020
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Engine & Driving Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
The review mentions that the engine under body is protected by a metal sheet. However, when I took my SCross for the first service, I noticed that I could actually see the ground. There is an opening under the engine area. All other areas of the under body are well cladded.

I have attached images for reference. Am I missing something? I was just worried that Maruti might have taken out some parts while offering discounts. I did check another S Cross at the service station and that had a similar opening as well. I just think that I am worrying too much, but just wanted to be sure.

When I asked the service rep, he mentioned that this area is left open for checking engine & ease of repair works.
Fellow SCross owners did you get a chance to check this in your cars? My request is for you to open yiour bonnets and check, need not even get under the car. Really looking forward to hear from you guys to understand if this opening under the bonnet is by design or by virtue of cost cutting by Maruti.
Old 21st January 2016, 13:53   #3021
BHPian

As we all know the S Cross has got a price slash on all variants in past 2 days

Today , I received the latest pricing . We have booked a Baleno and are possibly looking at upgrading it to S Cross if this is worth a deal . Need suggestion from my fellow members if this is worth upgrading

The prices & comparison charts are attached
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross-pricing-bangalore-road.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross-features-comparison.jpg  

Last edited by Ranga : 21st January 2016 at 14:06.
Ranga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 14:11   #3022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post

Today , I received the latest pricing . We have booked a Baleno and are possibly looking at upgrading it to S Cross if this is worth a deal . Need suggestion from my fellow members if this is worth upgrading

It is definitely worth upgrading. S-Cross is better than Baleno in almost all departments, except may be the fuel efficiency and looks. Looks are subjective, but most will say Baleno looks better than S-Cross. I love my S-Cross' looks though.

I would recommend to go for the upgrade without a doubt.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 14:24   #3023
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Engine & Driving Experience

Quote:
Fellow SCross owners did you get a chance to check this in your cars? My request is for you to open yiour bonnets and check, need not even get under the .
Here is a pic from underneath of the S Cross(DDiS200), anything else you need?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-d.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 15:16   #3024

Quote:
Thanks! I got the brown color (no choice but I was looking for this color luckily). I am still undecided or in dual minds on extended warranty. Is it worth to spend 14k on warranty?
Please get the extended warranty from Maruti and not Nexa. It cost exactly the same and has the same benefits. The catch with Nexa is the car has to be serviced at Nexa outlet only.Also warranty claim and repair to be done only at Nexa outlet. Considering extremely poor service from them this far i was much happier with maruti warranty under which car can be serviced and repaired at maruti dealer of your choice. The relationship manager happily failed to mention this. Found out only later .Got a refund from Sai Nexa for this amount and transferred extended warranty to standard Maruti.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st January 2016 at 19:21. Reason: Fixing quote.
godfreydesylva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 15:50   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfreydesylva View Post
Please get the extended warranty from Maruti and not Nexa.It cost exactly the same and has the same benefits. The catch with Nexa is the car has to be serviced at Nexa outlet only.Also warranty claim and repair to be done only at Nexa outlet.
The relationship manager happily failed to mention this. Found out only later .Got a refund from Sai Nexa for this amount and transferred extended warranty to standard Maruti.
Are these warranties different? Maruti warranty works at NEXA outlet?
I am not sure if the new Maruti cars through NEXA can be serviced at Maruti ASCs as of yet. As far as I know, ASCs are not yet trained on NEXA cars whereas dealer-connected workshops have had the training.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:52   #3026

Quote:
Thanks! I got the brown color (no choice but I was looking for this color luckily). I am still undecided or in dual minds on extended warranty. Is it worth to spend 14k on warranty?
I just had my Scross serviced at Vitesse which is not a Nexa dealer. Was speaking to the service manager there and they have trained the staff for both Scross and Baleno. Did an excellent job.
The warranties are same in terms of items covered but the diiference i have already mentioned.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st January 2016 at 18:14. Reason: fixed quoted post
godfreydesylva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 18:12   #3027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is a pic from underneath of the S Cross(DDiS200), anything else you need?

Attachment 1463656
Thanks Volkman, this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post

I have a similar story as well. Had booked the Baleno but moved over to the SCross post announcement of discounts. I always liked the SCross for its comfort but was spectical about spending the kind of money Maruti demanded.at launch. Post discounts SCross has become an excellent VFM product. Have been driving the SCross for the last few weeks and must tell you that this is a gem. You will not regret the decision to upgrade.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid submitting two or more posts consecutively. Use the QUOTE+ and EDIT functions within 30 minutes of posting. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st January 2016 at 18:43.
Old 21st January 2016, 19:31   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Volkman, this helps.

I have a similar story as well. Had booked the Baleno but moved over to the SCross post announcement of discounts. I always liked the SCross for its comfort but was spectical about spending the kind of money Maruti demanded.at launch. Post discounts SCross has become an excellent VFM product. Have been driving the SCross for the last few weeks and must tell you that this is a gem. You will not regret the decision to upgrade.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid submitting two or more posts consecutively. Use the QUOTE+ and EDIT functions within 30 minutes of posting. Thanks.
Did you buy 1.3 or 1.6 version ? How much discount was offered ?
Old 21st January 2016, 20:08   #3029
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfreydesylva View Post
Please get the extended warranty from Maruti and not Nexa. It cost exactly the same and has the same benefits. The catch with Nexa is the car has to be serviced at Nexa outlet only.Also warranty claim and repair to be done only at Nexa outlet. Considering extremely poor service from them this far i was much happier with maruti warranty under which car can be serviced and repaired at maruti dealer of your choice. The relationship manager happily failed to mention this. Found out only later .Got a refund from Sai Nexa for this amount and transferred extended warranty to standard Maruti.
Hi,

Could you please let me know how can I check about the extended warranty is from Maruti or NEXA? I have bought the Baleno from NEXA lower parel and have paid for the extended warranty but was not informed if its a NEXA or Maruti warranty. Still a few days to go before I would be getting the car.

Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 20:17   #3030

Just call up your relationship manager and ask him if the extended warranty is from NEXA or from Maruti.He/she should be able to tell you, if you have not specified then it is most probably from nexa
godfreydesylva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks