Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 12:17   #3091
BHPian

I must be doing something wrong, in Bangalore traffic with a DDiS 200 I'm only getting 14.2 after 572 km ... And yes sedate driving implied since its a 1.3 engine theres not much racing I can do. I've read the thread on Team BHP on better FE and follow it to a T so am not sure what else I should do.
Should mention that most of my driving has been only in the city within Bangalore though.
Have a road trip to Tamil Nadu comig up tomorrow, am planning to tank up and reset the FE meter let's see what highway mileage I will get, will keep you all posted on that.
I'm open to advice on what to do to get the magical 17 in the city which I'm seeing from Volkman and Mi10.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:31   #3092
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
I must be doing something wrong, in Bangalore traffic with a DDiS 200 I'm only getting 14.2 after 572 km ... And yes sedate driving implied since its a 1.3 engine theres not much racing I can do. I've read the thread on Team BHP on better FE and follow it to a T so am not sure what else I should do.
572 KMs is very less to judge. You probably would not have used a full tank yet. Normally mileage increases as the engine settles and suggest you to tank up and measure it on tank full method.

My Ciaz (which runs the same DDiS200) was initially giving 15-16 in city traffic condition (BTW, Chennai traffic is little better than bangalore) but once I crossed 5K KMS it improved drastically and getting around 20 KMPL.

You need to give the engine some time to run in and then start hunting for mileage numbers.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:31   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Should mention that most of my driving has been only in the city within Bangalore though.
Have a road trip to Tamil Nadu comig up tomorrow, am planning to tank up and reset the FE meter let's see what highway mileage I will get, will keep you all posted on that.
I'm open to advice on what to do to get the magical 17 in the city which I'm seeing from Volkman and Mi10.
My guess is that you are getting only 14.2 because you are predominantly driving in bumper to bumper traffic and your trips are short. I have a DDiS 200 as well and normally get only around 15.5 or 16 while driving in Bangalore's peak hour bumper to bumper traffic. But note that this is because I have a 25 km drive one way. I did notice that on shorter drives, the FE dips. The moment I get into like a little off peak city traffic, the FE shoots up to around 17.

It would be a good idea to check on the highways. In my run in period, I kept the RPM at around 2000-2200 on the highways and the engine returned a very impressive 23 and at time even showed up to a 24. Things will only get better as the engine completes the run in period and starts to settle down after the first few services.

I am off to a weekend trip as well. Now with around 2500 kms on the ODO, I am looking forward to see if there is any difference in the FE.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:45   #3094
Senior - BHPian

Pampered my S-Cross with the 3M Paint sealant treatment. The car has better feel and finish than the showroom finish IMO. Thoroughly impressed with 3M's quality and professionalism. Many people argue that 3M is atrociously expensive, but the quality is unbeatable IMHO. I have been a regular 3M customer for all the cars at home and I vouch for their great service.

More details on my thread.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3m-copy.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:57   #3095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm open to advice on what to do to get the magical 17 in the city which I'm seeing -----
Be patient you will get the FE figures as seen in other DDiS ( S Cross).

In the initial period ~ 1000 km, I was getting an average of 16- 17 km/l, post that there is no looking back. Now the figures are 20 km/l average (@ 4k km on Odo) and the minimum of 16 km/l in Bangalore traffic.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 13:29   #3096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
572 KMs is very less to judge. You probably would not have used a full tank yet. Normally mileage increases as the engine settles and suggest you to tank up and measure it on tank full method.

My Ciaz (which runs the same DDiS200) was initially giving 15-16 in city traffic condition (BTW, Chennai traffic is little better than bangalore) but once I crossed 5K KMS it improved drastically and getting around 20 KMPL.

You need to give the engine some time to run in and then start hunting for mileage numbers.
@Sathya_g_m and @Safedrive0107, Thanks a lot, you are both spot on, my trips are short and yes mostly bumper to bumper traffic. Will definitely go easy on my mileage fretting, coming from a petrol fiesta which game me barely 9 km I am already ecstatic! So yes will hang in there until the engine settles down.
Was just a little paranoid after seeing better numbers after similar miles on other posts but yes should have taken into account my short trips and driving conditions.

@Safedrive0107 Enjoy your weekend drive, happy and safe motoring to you!
Old 29th January 2016, 13:37   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Be patient you will get the FE figures as seen in other DDiS ( S Cross).

In the initial period ~ 1000 km, I was getting an average of 16- 17 km/l, post that there is no looking back. Now the figures are 20 km/l average (@ 4k km on Odo) and the minimum of 16 km/l in Bangalore traffic.

@Volkman10, First of all many thanks for a wonderful review of your beauty, your colour choice was my first preference, but went with brown as that was also a top contender and was available. Your review along with the other SCross reviews went a long way in convincing me that my decision on the DDiS 200 was right. Although being on the forum here makes me think twice with all the superlatives on the DDiD 320 but I guess I didnt buckle under peer pressure in going for the 320 considering my 90% city driving requirements. Spent the extra on getting some alloys and then some 3M care.

And yes, will patiently wait until the run-in is completed as you mentioned.
Old 29th January 2016, 14:53   #3098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I must be doing something wrong, in Bangalore traffic with a DDiS 200 I'm only getting 14.2 after 572 km ... .
As all of you suggested, the conditions can change for all within the city even. Some may drive at peak traffic, some off peak traffic. Even the "braking" has huge effects on the FE. Have you also checked the tyre pressure? Keep it 2 psis above normal for better mileage, the ride will be slightly bumpier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
How does DDIS 320 fares against Scorpio 2.2 mill? Asking as they are pretty much in the same prices range....
You friend should know what he wants from his car. If he is looking for a proper SUV, Scorpio is the way. S-Cross will have a much better handling/ride comfort though & a superior FE too. I read that the driveability of Scorpio 2.2 is one of the best, S-Cross variants wouldn't be a match from what I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I was expecting DDIS 320 to return around 15 kmpl only but the display seems to be showing more.
Ahh, looks like I over estimated your expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I paid 8500 per tyre including balancing and weights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
True that except for the price.
Michelin Primacy 3ST after price revision is at Rs 6800 per tire...
Sorry, but looks like too expensive to me. Bridgestone should be VFM in this range I guess. May be a bit noisy but. Is the Continental so good to command such a premium over Michelin?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th January 2016 at 14:59.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 15:10   #3099

Has anyone got the scuff plates from nexa for the s cross ?
Thinking of getting the non-illuminated ones.
How much is the nexa price? I saw them on aliexpress for 1.8k
Old 29th January 2016, 15:40   #3100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteccross View Post
I got the illuminated scuff plates from Nexa at 3,790/- INR. Non-illuminated scuff plates are 890/- INR at Nexa.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 16:43   #3101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Firstly, congratulations on your decision and all the very best!
Thanks a lot Pannag!!! Hope I have made the right decision to go for the 2015 1.6 paying 1.5+ lakhs over 2016 1.3. GTO's statement and Mi10's review along with massive discounts tilted me in favor of 1.6. Else I was sold for the 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Highly recommended! Please be aware that you will need to inform them of your choice of alloys in advance as they do not stock any. In my case, it took them over a week to get them shipped.

Do checkout HRS in addition to what you have already identified.
Sure Pannag. Below are the brands I am considering. However, if some other brand offer good design for reasonable price, I will not hesitate to pick them.
  • Enkei
  • HRS
  • Lenso
  • MSW
  • Momo
  • Plati
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
I guess the purpose of hub centric rings are mixed up with spacers / wheels adapters.
Basically, hub-Centric Rings help the vibration and shake out of car by tight fitment from hub to the center-bore of the wheel. S-Cross bore diameter is 60mm, where as most of the Momo wheel hub dia is 72mm. So theoretically its good to have hub centric rings.
Spacers / wheel adapters are used for compensating offset and or adjusting the PCD. Hope this clarifies.
Thanks for the information Lovetorque!!! That was useful for noobs like me.

Quote:
I have 205/60 R16 Continental MC5 on my Volvo V40 CC and have to say these are some of the best tyres I've used - leach like grip and incredibly silent. Highly recommended - for the price one pays, they are a steal. They seem to be pretty tough as well and are well suited for indian conditions. If they can work fine on this 200 bhp engine, I'm sure they'll be fine with a 120bhp S-Cross.
Thanks reignofchaos. Contis are definitely in my shortlist. Will be speaking to various tire dealers over the next week and finalize based on what suits me best in terms of functionality and budget and buyback of JKs.

Quote:
I paid 8500 per tyre including balancing and weights.
8500 is pretty expensive. May be it is worth it though. Let me check what the dealers quote to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteccross View Post
I am planning to get the non-illuminated one. I guess illuminated one comes as part of the standard accessories that Nexa is shoving up on buyers for 9k. But I will be asking them to give me something else + non-illuminated scuff plate instead of the illuminated one.
Old 31st January 2016, 10:38   #3102
BHPian

Had a nice long drive on republic day weekend to saputara ( approx 270 kms one way from mumbai). The car as usual was at its best. Drive was excellent, great behaviour on turns, rather i by mistake took couple of ghat twist at higher than normal speed and car was rock solid.
Got an average of 17.1 for full trip which included 25-30% ghats section.
One more amazing thing was i drove non stop both to and fro, approx 5.5 hours drive each way without any fatigues.
akshatmangal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 17:02   #3103
BHPian

Which are the preferred mats for the S Cross? 3D Kagu mats are not available for the car; the distributor was recommending the i20 custom 3D Kagu mats which I refused. Has anyone used the 3M Nomad mats in the S Cross?

Last edited by rednikhil : 31st January 2016 at 17:03.
Old 31st January 2016, 19:36   #3104
Senior - BHPian

How is the 1.6 in terms of NVH? I td'd the the same and car was a bit noisy.
Old 31st January 2016, 20:43   #3105
BHPian

My car trip meter stands now at 720 Km, and looks like will go for another 50 minimum on the full tank. I didn't get a chance to measure the fuel efficiency on a full tank to full tank, but the meter shows it as 17.5. Most of the driving was done within Chennai. So I don't have anything to crib on that front :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks