Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 09:33   #3136
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
S cross limited edition is out guys. Just saw the pic in Nexa Fb page
Any idea what all are included in this package and on which variant is this based on? I can see the spoiler and smoked alloys. I guess this will also be a stock clearance exercise to sell off the 2015 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra View Post
Hi Vigkey, I own an S-Cross 1.6 Alpha and my business partner an S-Cross 1.3 Alpha both in white. So I have the pleasure of driving the cars back to back on the same roads in Kolkata and on the highways in West Bengal. The cars have been with us for just more than 2 weeks now and has 1.1k on the odo.
Wow, thats amazing Ranendra!!! Identical twins to look at, but with totally different hearts - and you get to drive both of them at will!!!

Quote:
I would say if you compare very closely and in a bumper to bumper drive the 1.3 is much easier to manage and is more linear. The 1.6 is either very sedate or is urging to surge past, making extremely slow speed driving a bit tricky. But that said the eagerness of the 1.6 engine and the smoothness is way better than 1.3 (DDIS 200). I had been with DDIS engines for the last 9 years. Swift 1.3 DDIS (1.15 lac kms), Ertiga ZDi (DDIS 200) for 36kms and now the S-Cross 1.6. I would say that if you love to drive the 1.6 is just superb.
That was a conscious decision I made. Even though I will have to drive often in the bumper-to-bumper Bangalore traffic, I was pretty sure that I can manage that. The prospect of driving this beast on open highways pushed me towards the DDiS320.

Quote:
You wont go wrong with 1.6 so be rest assured.

I took a day or two to get myself accustomed to the 1.6's power delivery in low speed and after that its been a breeze. Also, when the lights turn Green and you are the 1st in line, its always a pleasure seeing the rest of the cars bite the dust as you are 100mts away from them even before they realized.
Thanks Ranendra. That is reassuring!!! I was very sure that I would not go wrong with the DDiS320 and hence went ahead and booked it. Im sure I will take a couple of days to get accustomed to this powerful engine and the spiky power / torque delivery. Hope I master it soon and enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Cross your heart and believe me the 1.6 will bring in a BIG SMILE in your face every-time you floor it.
Absolutely!! Once a decision is made, there is no looking back IMO. I am going with my heart and don't really care what the world cares about.
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:52   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, the smoked alloys look hot. Is there a way to get the regular alloys smoked?

IMO the spoiler although it looks good, does not change the look of the car dramatically. It's just a subtle change. I also notice that the OVRM's are black. Will be interesting to see what other changes this comes with.
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:56   #3138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Wow, the smoked alloys look hot. Is there a way to get the regular alloys smoked?
This is a limited edition of S Cross and will be released at the Auto Expo 2016, this week.
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:06   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think there are a bunch of other reputed guys (Imperial is another one) & they'll do a great job for VFM price compared to the dealer.
Thanks Swiftnfurious! The only hesitation with going for an aftermarket mod is to do with warranty! If one were to take that risk, I guess it would anyway make sense to get projectors also installed rather than just the bi-xenon HiDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Any idea what all are included in this package and on which variant is this based on? I can see the spoiler and smoked alloys.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This is a limited edition of S Cross and will be released at the Auto Expo 2016, this week.
Speaking of alloys reminds me of a TV commercial I chanced upon recently.

A limited edition with alloys shod on the international version would be such a pleasant surprise! Come-on MSIL, don't tell me it's a problem sourcing them to where you intend sell the S-Cross most!!!

Last edited by pannags : 3rd February 2016 at 12:09.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:46   #3140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Thanks Swiftnfurious! The only hesitation with going for an aftermarket mod is to do with warranty! If one were to take that risk, I guess it would anyway make sense to get projectors also installed rather than just the bi-xenon HiDs..
For electrical modifications, A$$ is the BEST way out. I was talking about the leather steering wrap! Probably, I should have been specific.
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:37   #3141
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
For electrical modifications, A$$ is the BEST way out. I was talking about the leather steering wrap! Probably, I should have been specific.
I have installed a leather steering cover on my Honda City, the brand was Hide nation I think. The quality seems to be quite ok so far. It cost around 850 bucks. Installed from an accessory dealer.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:19   #3142
Senior - BHPian

Just crossed my mind,is it possible to fit the alloys from the breeza,I know its very early to comment on this, just a thought.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 3rd February 2016 at 16:20.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:28   #3143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Just crossed my mind,is it possible to fit the alloys from the breeza,I know its very early to comment on this, just a thought.
You can. But where will you get it from? The accessory( MGA) price for these alloys will be insanely priced and not worth it.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:23   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
You can. But where will you get it from? The accessory( MGA) price for these alloys will be insanely priced and not worth it.
Need to find out someone who would want to change stock alloys as soon as the delivery is taken
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:55   #3145
BHPian

After looking at the initial pics of the Breeza, it certainly looks hot. People are commenting on Breeza taking away the bookings of Ecosport & Baleno but I do have a feeling that the SCross might get hit too. Does anyone else feel the same?

Looking at the alloys of the Breeza and even the Ciaz, I wonder what were the design engineers thinking when they made the alloys for SCross.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:04   #3146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After looking at the initial pics of the Breeza, it certainly looks hot. People are commenting on Breeza taking away the bookings of Ecosport & Baleno but I do have a feeling that the SCross might get hit too. Does anyone else feel the same?
Both the vehicles are of a different segment and requirement - Vitara Brezza and S Cross, one is a Pseudo compact SUV and the other is more a true crossover.

If your decision is based on Quality and Space and mixed highway and City driving then S Cross has its USP there. ( Have seen the VB, do not know yet on its driveability)
But maybe if you are more concerned on looks and other points can be a bit compromised then VB makes sense.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 22:28   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Looking at the alloys of the Breeza and even the Ciaz, I wonder what were the design engineers thinking when they made the alloys for SCross.
As compared to the Scross,as an auto enthusiast and a Tbhpian I don't think so since both the vehicles are of a different league. The Scross is a completely different Maruti with stronger body and better interiors and plastics. I cannot comment on the VB's looks since I haven't seen it in person hence would reserve my comments.
If you ask me in terms of a mango man's ideology i presume the VB's pseudo SUV image and yet to disclose styling will attract him/her to the latter.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 3rd February 2016 at 22:31.
Old 4th February 2016, 09:18   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
As compared to the Scross,as an auto enthusiast and a Tbhpian I don't think so since both the vehicles are of a different league. The Scross is a completely different Maruti with stronger body and better interiors and plastics. I cannot comment on the VB's looks since I haven't seen it in person hence would reserve my comments.
If you ask me in terms of a mango man's ideology i presume the VB's pseudo SUV image and yet to disclose styling will attract him/her to the latter.
Vitarra Brezza definitely looks hot. I am not sure what the strategy from Maruti is, the price points of both S Cross and VB will overlap. As Rakesh mentioned, the mango man would choose the looks and give the S Cross a miss. So, the differentiation that Maruti is giving is to sell the car in different showrooms. Not sure what the future for S Cross holds. First the price drop and now this... A frustrated S Cross owner!

Sorry, that was a rant, I am very happy with my car but feel frustrated with Maruti.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 09:22   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
So, the differentiation that Maruti is giving is to sell the car in different showrooms.
I think VB is also going to be sold through NEXA network and not regular Maruti.
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...nveiled/24388/
Old 4th February 2016, 09:30   #3150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Vitarra Brezza definitely looks hot. I am not sure what the strategy from Maruti is, the price points of both S Cross and VB will overlap. As Rakesh mentioned, the mango man would choose the looks and give the S Cross a miss. So, the differentiation that Maruti is giving is to sell the car in different showrooms. Not sure what the future for S Cross holds. First the price drop and now this... A frustrated S Cross owner!

Sorry, that was a rant, I am very happy with my car but feel frustrated with Maruti.
For sure the Scross will not be discontinued. It has slowly and steadily picked up pace,especially the 1.3. Rest assured i would suggest you to get over the frustration and enjoy the car, am sure which you would.
I am on the look out for a new car and very much confused between the figo,I20 and the Scross. I believe if I ever buy the latter it would be the 1.6 but sadly its above my budget. Since the VB shares a lot with the Swift i assume the plastic quality will also be the same. I guess i will give the VB a miss since I want something different maybe some good quality interiors, the feel good factor and a good engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks