Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:10   #3466
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Is there any chance of the prices falling again in the future. I don't know whether to try and secure one already in stocks or wait for future price drops. Even the future petrol version will attract 4% because of the length. What are the alternatives in smaller sizes now? I didn't like the brezza, so looks like a checkmate situation now.
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:16   #3467
BHPian

Got the second service done for my 1.3 Delta. 5K kms in 2 months, that was unplanned. For peace of mind, got the engine oil & filter changed. The service rep insisted that it was not required, but I still got it done. Damages - 2.5k for oil and filter.

Also got a rat mesh fitted. Its a small mesh that fits in near the AC outlet. Maruti charged 1,000 bucks for the small mesh. After looking at the size of the mesh felt that it was overpriced. Of late, I have heard a couple of instances of rats entering the cabin. The moment the service rep mentioned about the mesh that is the thought that came to my mind and I said a yes.

Maruti is also offering a service package that would cover upto 20K kms or 2 years from purchase of vehicle. They are charging 9,948 for this. Items covered are

1) Oil change in 3rd service
2) Wheel alignment - 2 times
3) A check up at around 15k kms between 3rd service at 10K and 4th at 20K. This checkup would include all activities that are normally carried out in the first & second service.
4) 4 road side assistance calls - day shift
5) 1 road side assistance in the night shift
6) One car wash and cleaning (at a time other than service)
7) All fluids refilling at 20K kms - gear oil, brake oil, engine oil, coolant etc.

As per the service rep, all these services would come up to around 18K if paid when service is availed. They are offering this as a package for 9,948 and selling peace of mind for two years.

Not sure if this is a good deal worth taking up. In my opinion, some of these might not be required. Wheel alignment, I have a guy near my house who has been working on my cars for years now. The car wash & road side assistance is also something you might not use. I think we only need to think if we would end up spending more that this for fluid replacements over two years.

Any thoughts on this?
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:31   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Is there any chance of the prices falling again in the future. I don't know whether to try and secure one already in stocks or wait for future price drops. Even the future petrol version will attract 4% because of the length. What are the alternatives in smaller sizes now? I didn't like the brezza, so looks like a checkmate situation now.
I dont think prices are going to fall any further. Strictly my opinion, for the 4% hike, do not change your vehicle. If you really like the car, 4% is probably going to be around 60K which can be absorbed over EMIs, but the joy of owning a car which you love will surely overcome the extra money that you will shell out. Again my opinion, so feel free to discard as you wish
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:31   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Maruti is also offering a service package that would cover upto 20K kms or 2 years from purchase of vehicle. They are charging 9,948 for this. Items covered are

3) A check up at around 15k kms between 3rd service at 10K and 4th at 20K. This checkup would include all activities that are normally carried out in the first & second service.
7) All fluids refilling at 20K kms - gear oil, brake oil, engine oil, coolant etc.

As per the service rep, all these services would come up to around 18K if paid when service is availed. They are offering this as a package for 9,948 and selling peace of mind for two years.

Not sure if this is a good deal worth taking up. In my opinion, some of these might not be required. Wheel alignment, I have a guy near my house who has been working on my cars for years now. The car wash & road side assistance is also something you might not use. I think we only need to think if we would end up spending more that this for fluid replacements over two years.

Any thoughts on this?
I dont think it is worth it at all.
My experience with SVC wheel alignment has not been good. I get it done in front of me by a trusted wheel dealer near my house. You seem to have the same.
Theoretically RSA is good but most of dealer/car maker based services have a limit like within 50km of a authorized center, which makes the RSA mostly useless. Also is Maruti expecting the car to break down 5 times in 2 years?

Car wash and cleaning is about 500 bucks at 3M. I doubt Maruti SVC will do a better job.
My recommendation would be to skip it.
timuseravan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:54   #3470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree with timuseravan.

The service rep may be right when he says that all these services individually would amount to 18K. But the question is, will all this be required under 20K/2 years?

Wheel alignment - you can get a better & cheaper job done from outside A.S.S
Checkup between 3rd & 4th service - not required. This is the service center's way to make money.
Road side assistance - Your car surely won't break down 5 times in 2 years. Frankly I think you will not need to use all of those RSA calls. At the most 1 or 2 may be needed.
Car wash - again, you can get a better job at dedicated outlets like 3M.

You can definitely skip this. Most of the current cars are reliable enough to offer you peace of mind even without such packages

Last edited by AkMar : 2nd March 2016 at 10:56.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 11:26   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I dont think it is worth it at all.
My experience with SVC wheel alignment has not been good. I get it done in front of me by a trusted wheel dealer near my house. You seem to have the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I agree with timuseravan.

The service rep may be right when he says that all these services individually would amount to 18K. But the question is, will all this be required under 20K/2 years?
Thank you timuseravan & AkMar for your instant reply. It's exactly on the lines of what I was thinking as well. I am going to give this a skip.
Old 2nd March 2016, 11:56   #3472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is idiotic. Doesn't this give a negative image to the car?! I think even otherwise Maruti provides 24*7 road side assistance, then why this on top of it? By mentioning these unwanted stuffs they are just trying to fleece the customers.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:08   #3473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
This is idiotic. Doesn't this give a negative image to the car?! I think even otherwise Maruti provides 24*7 road side assistance, then why this on top of it? By mentioning these unwanted stuffs they are just trying to fleece the customers.
Free roadside assistance is available for one year only. Other calls are chargeable @400 per call IMO. Having said that, I needed to call Maruti only thrice in last 7 years (1.1lack km) and all because of lose battery terminal. The issue was permanently resolved in third call.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:09   #3474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am pretty sure that this is dealer's way to fleece customers. Maruti itself won't get into such trash practices officially. I remember once I had to visit a local garage for some work on my Vista. He offered me 2 years service package similar to what is mentioned above, including towing of car from any location in and around Pune at any time and all that jazz.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 13:30   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
post :- I've done a DIY on my Wagon R for puddle lamps and stop lamps. Its easy and to route the wires, I took help of MASS electrician.
The puddle lamps are very practical and a boon at night. I generally dont use cabin lights during daytime but switch it on after dark keeping it on mid setting so that they light up when doors are opened.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post3712564
Nice. I missed this post. Looks good, especially the red lights on the door.

Planning to check how exactly are the ones on the Baleno mounted. Hoping it does not involve drilling into a metal panel.
Sourcing and having it installed directly from MASS should be easier too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Alternately if you get the illuminated sill guard , it serves the purpose as it is very bright
Illiminated door sill guards would not point / focus light on the ground, would they? Not sure if they could double as puddle lamps.
Old 2nd March 2016, 13:58   #3476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Free roadside assistance is available for one year only. Other calls are chargeable @400 per call IMO.
This means, technically they are offering 5 road side assistance calls for second year alone. Instead, they could have mentioned, "any time RSA" for two years, which at least sounds better.
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:02   #3477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This means, technically they are offering 5 road side assistance calls for second year alone. Instead, they could have mentioned, "any time RSA" for two years, which at least sounds better.
Trust me, you will require road side assistance in second year only in three cases: 1. you met an accident, 2. you got a lemon and 3. you are stupid enough to put yourself in such situation. So, probably you would not require this service at all.
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:14   #3478
Distinguished - BHPian

For Bangalore members, Bimal Auto has DDiS320 pre budget stock.

DDiS200 will only come in the post budget pricing as there is no inventory with them . New prices will be up shortly!

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd March 2016 at 14:28.
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:26   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I think you should immediately contact your dealer and secure a car if it's still available. We can only speculate here on the actual ground situation.

OTOH, I'm not sure how much the increase actually is, but considering the quotes you have already obtained, it should still be better than the launch price
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:16   #3480
BHPian

Had a bad experience with service at Bimal Auto, Whitefield. Everything was great, I was attended to promptly, all the issues that I discussed were taken care of, the service rep kept me updated on status, I gave a very good feedback and reached home. It was only after a while I noticed what a mess the guys who cleaned the car have made. On the driver side, they had a paper on the floor mats and I did not notice anything abnormal while receiving the car. I have added noodle mats over the regular transparent plastic mats that I received with the car. Whoever cleaned the car, washed the noodle mats and did not even bother drying them. They just put it back that too upside down at the rear. All the water had drained into the carpet and as a result my carpet is now really wet. I removed the paper sheets and checked the carpet in the front, the same issue. I really did not have time to go back to the service center to get the carpet dried. I have just removed all the mats and would let the carpet dry for a couple of days. I am not sure what else needs to be done. Experiencing something like this in a two month old car is painful.

If any of you visit Bimal Auto, Whitefiled, please be careful and ensure you get your car completely checked before you leave the service center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks