Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 20:35   #3556
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Please keep us posted on the options offered by the dealer. For my better half, leather is a deal breaker, which is holding me back from considering the S-Cross.
Sure KiloAlpha,
I'm looking forward to some innovative solution from dealer. S-Cross driving experience is far superior to just let it pass for incompatible seat covers.
Old 8th March 2016, 21:38   #3557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Agree with you about the brochures but here is a set that I found online on another site which seems to be doing a pretty good job of comparing all variants of S-Cross across 1.3 and 1.6. Never saw them at the dealership though.
This feature list comparison is very much a part of Nexaexperience site. Go to the E-Brochure and download pdf.

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...ure-scross.pdf
Old 8th March 2016, 21:42   #3558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
@KiloAlpha, Why not look at Zeta ?
Because I really want the HID Projectors
that come with the top end model. Retro fit of those are also ruled out as being too complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss_now View Post
Sure KiloAlpha,
I'm looking forward to some innovative solution from dealer. S-Cross driving experience is far superior to just let it pass for incompatible seat covers.
Which is exactly why I am holding out for the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha.
Old 8th March 2016, 21:47   #3559
BHPian

Hi,

Here is my Delta 1.6. Has done 1200km over this weekend and planning to
take it for first service on Saturday.

I have a small problem. The cover in the boot (above the wheel) was damaged at
the corners and the RM told me that they will correct it during the first service. Shall I accept the repair or shall I ask for replacement?

cheers,
girish
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.jpg  

Old 8th March 2016, 21:48   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
that come with the top end model. Retro fit of those are also ruled out as being too complex.
Mi10 has done an upgrade to projector lamps recently. If interested, below is the link to his ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3926773
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 22:29   #3561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

I have a small problem. The cover in the boot (above the wheel) was damaged at
the corners and the RM told me that they will correct it during the first service. Shall I accept the repair or shall I ask for replacement?
You should not have accepted the cover in the first place. Is there a mention on the delivery note that the cover was already damaged? If not, I am not sure if they would offer a replacement.
Old 9th March 2016, 06:21   #3562
BHPian

Hi Friends,
Do we have the latest prices of S-Cross On-road in Hyderabad. Considering the Vitara Brezza Launch, which might affect S-Cross sales - There may be further discounts on revised On-road prices. Anyone have this info

Looking at Delta 1.6 and Zeta 1.6 - are there major features missing which we need to consider going for Zeta 1.6 (as we have abs, Airbags as standard) - Anyone can please help on this.
Old 9th March 2016, 08:44   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

MSIL have a really bad PR team which only knows how to use all sorts of adjectives from the dictionary to fill up content. Its totally stupid to see 10% technical spec and the rest all is of some flashy sentences which add no value for a person seeking information. If it was possible to me, I would have fired the entire team making brochures and websites, and though I have no experience with both, I would have just copy pasted info from the specifications provided by the engineers instead of copy pasting from some dictionary.

I saw the S-Cross brochure sometime when I was researching and I found out so many statements which were a waste of space. I quote the accessory brochure:
I agree with you. Even Nexa website and brochure shows S Cross 1.6 with 88 bhp and 1.3 with 66 bhp only.
Old 9th March 2016, 09:39   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtrix View Post
I agree with you. Even Nexa website and brochure shows S Cross 1.6 with 88 bhp and 1.3 with 66 bhp only.
Buddy, the website shows power in KW, which is correct.88BHP = 118BHP=120PS . The brochure values are also right in the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross_engine.jpg  

lovetorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 10:06   #3565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veels n Rhodes View Post
Hi Friends,
Do we have the latest prices of S-Cross On-road in Hyderabad. Considering the Vitara Brezza Launch, which might affect S-Cross sales - There may be further discounts on revised On-road prices. Anyone have this info

Looking at Delta 1.6 and Zeta 1.6 - are there major features missing which we need to consider going for Zeta 1.6 (as we have abs, Airbags as standard) - Anyone can please help on this.
I don't have information, but it'll help you when you bargain.
Comparing 1.6 Zeta and delta you'll miss Touch screen system with navigation with better speakers (read somewhere in the forum the speakers are different), so called alloy wheels, rear wiper and demister, rear arm rest, driver side height adjustment, parcel tray, engine push start. Not sure if the price difference between 1.6 delta and zeta is justified, but if you push yourself to 1.6 zeta, might as well get 1.6 alpha. You get lot of useful features for that money (auto ac, projector head lamps, leather seats, auto wipers, auto headlamps, reverse camera). I made the mistake of getting 1.6 zeta and repenting my decision. But if its 1.3, the 1.3 Zeta is definitely value for money, especially in places like chennai, where 1.3 alpha crosses 10 lakhs and the taxation changes. You end up paying 60,000 rs extra as taxes and then the price difference between variants.
Old 9th March 2016, 11:25   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
But if its 1.3, the 1.3 Zeta is definitely value for money, especially in places like chennai, where 1.3 alpha crosses 10 lakhs and the taxation changes. You end up paying 60,000 rs extra as taxes and then the price difference between variants.
Agree with you. In 1.3, Zeta is the best VFM. It does not loose out much on feature list compared to Alpha.
Only missing features are

1. Projector head lamps (Auto)
2. Rain sensing wipers
3. Leather seats
4. Auto dimming IRVM.

These features do not justify the price difference between Zeta & Alpha when you consider the differential road tax also into account once the ex-showroom price crosses 10 Lakhs.
Old 9th March 2016, 11:41   #3567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Not sure if the price difference between 1.6 delta and zeta is justified, but if you push yourself to 1.6 zeta, might as well get 1.6 alpha. You get lot of useful features for that money (auto ac, projector head lamps, leather seats, auto wipers, auto headlamps, reverse camera).
With the current pricing scenario, Alpha (1.3 or 1.6) seems to be the best buy. Price difference between Zeta and Alpha is less than 1L.

However, I bought a 1.6 Zeta. 2.4 L price difference between Zeta and Alpha (2015 models) helped to sort out the confusion.

No regrets for buying 1.6 Zeta. I miss ACC sometimes, but can manage.
Old 9th March 2016, 12:00   #3568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
that come with the top end model.
Please note, spec wise the Indian Scross HID lamps aren't same as the European S cross.

Indian version has a 25w D5s bulbs.
European Scross has 35w D4s bulbs.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:02   #3569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Buddy, the website shows power in KW, which is correct.88BHP = 118BHP=120PS . The brochure values are also right in the way.
Thanks for correcting me. My bad.
Old 9th March 2016, 13:27   #3570
Senior - BHPian

It feels quite good to see that the fanbase for S-Cross is ever increasing on T-Bhp and that too for its drive and ride quality.
This is making me seriously consider it to replace my Linea T-Jet with S-Cross 1.6 MJD someday.

Most Viewed