Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 14:19   #3601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Guys...came in for first service today and the service manager said there is a service package for ~13.5k which will cover all consumables and labor till the 5th service i.e. 20k / 2 years. He estimated the normal cost to be close to 20k by then and I can save ~7k. Is it really worth? I'm not sure. Any suggestions?
I would personally stay away from these kind of schemes (scams?). These are purely dealer invented and I am pretty sure, Maruti has no involvement in this. I had bought a similar package for one of our cars at home and ended up never really utilizing it in 5 years ownership. So basically, it was money down the drain.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 16:30   #3602
Senior - BHPian

Not sure from whom, but seems like S-Cross is surely feeling the heat. Is it the youngest sibling that has stirred up the nest or the Korean Creta...expert opinion please.

Ironically, it almost seems like Suzuki have taken some clue from the VW GT's

Suzuki launches the S-Cross Limited Edition

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screen-shot-20160311-4.24.19-pm.png

P.S - The pic is a screenshot taken from TOI Epaper.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 16:49   #3603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Honda CRV & Honda Accord 17" wheels can also be considered.
Hard to even see the new CRV, KP, even harder to srouce the alloys . Yep Accord is perfect, but i personally didn't like that design.
Old 11th March 2016, 19:44   #3604
BHPian

Completed the 10k service in just under 7 months. After the oil change the engine tone became a lot smoother. Usual check ups and some small niggles were fixed. There are 2 grades of engine oil available at Bimal service.

5w30-Semi synthetic-castrol (Recommended in service booklet) ~ Rs 1600
0w40-Fully synthetic-castrol edge ~ Rs 3000 +

To be on the safer side I opted for semi synthetic as I wanted to stick to inhouse and recommended oil for the first major service. The total bill came close to Rs 2200 which is more or less similar to any other Maruti diesel. But at the same time opted for wheel alignment and balancing outside, in this case Grand tyres. People who are familiar with Bangalore, this is a MRF service outlet in HSR. I must say, they did a fantastic job even cleaned/removed stuck stones from the tyres while doing balancing.

So total damage for 10k service is Rs 3200

After all this, as a pleasant surprise I received a coupon/voucher from Nexa on the completion of 6 months of Nexa concept which can be redeemed for 2 years-20k service AMC/extended warranty

Anybody else got similar stuff from Nexa?
Old 11th March 2016, 20:54   #3605
Senior - BHPian

With the ecosport prices reduced thanks to the Breeza, will the sale of the Scross get effected? Why do i feel the Breeza will be a death blow for the scross. If yes it's sad to see a good product slowly fading away.
PS- The 1.6 currently has a waiting period of 45 days. It seems the 1.6 is make to order.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 11th March 2016 at 20:57.
Old 11th March 2016, 21:04   #3606
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Why do i feel the Breeza will be a death blow for the scross. If yes it's sad to see a good product slowly fading away.

PS- The 1.6 currently has a waiting period of 45 days. It seems the 1.6 is make to order.
Brezza would take away some more sales of SCross and hope that doesn't warrant enough sense in Maruti to get better staff (who know what they talk) and get the 1.6L MJD built locally and decrease process further only then I can see the S Cross surviving the harsh competition.

Waiting for 1.6L Alpha here in Hyderabad is 2 months and as you rightly said is, made to order. Just had a chat with my RM an hour back.

With this "Made to Order" system in place, Customers would feel they have ordered a Ferrari or a Bentley or some supercar!
Old 11th March 2016, 21:07   #3607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Brezza would take away some more sales of SCross and hope that doesn't warrant enough sense in Maruti to get better staff (who know what they talk) and get the 1.6L MJD built locally and decrease process further only then I can see the S Cross surviving the harsh competition.

Waiting for 1.6L Alpha here in Hyderabad is 2 months and as you rightly said is, made to order. Just had a chat with my RM an hour back.

With this "Made to Order" system in place, Customers would feel they have ordered a Ferrari or a Bentley or some supercar!
I am one of those utterly confused customer who is not able to decide what to buy Breeza ZDi+ or the Scross 1.6 . Even if i increase the budget, very skeptical how long the Scross will remain in the market.Damn, buying a good car was never so confusing.
Old 11th March 2016, 21:10   #3608
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I am one of those utterly confused customer who is not able to decide what to buy Breeza ZDi+ or the Scross 1.6. Even if i increase the budget, very skeptical how long the Scross will remain in the market. Damn buying a car was never so confusing
I too was in the same situation hence ruled the SCross out of the equation. I can't see any clear picture regarding the engine mainly. The car would stay and survive with the DDiS200 but the DDiS320 is where I am scratching my head on.

Tired of thinking much, shifted manufacturer base to Mahindra and looking at XUV 5OO instead.
Old 11th March 2016, 21:15   #3609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I too was in the same situation hence ruled the SCross out of the equation. I can't see any clear picture regarding the engine mainly. The car would stay and survive with the DDiS200 but the DDiS320 is where I am scratching my head on.

Tired of thinking much, shifted manufacturer base to Mahindra and looking at XUV 5OO instead.
The engine might survive if Maruti-
1-Plonks the 1.6 in the Ciaz
2-Plonks the 1.6 in the Vitara which i presume might debut next year.

I too tried to venture out into the SUV territory but with the recent fiasco going around with the govt taxing heavily anything above 1500cc and Delhi banning 2000cc and above diesel engine, can't say when the rest of the cities start following this,Monkey see monkey do.

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2016 at 10:04. Reason: mite = might
Old 11th March 2016, 22:45   #3610
BHPian

I am probably one of the few people leaning towards the s cross after looking at the brezza prices. I had pre booked the brezza, however the s cross 1.3 sigma is only around 40k more than the brezza vdi (O). Both these cars have similar features except for a music system. The s cross is my opinion is a much better can and is also a segment above the brezza.
I ma planning to cancel my brezza booking and go for the s cross. Need to go and figure out if there are any discounts on the s cross.
prithvi53 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 02:52   #3611
Distinguished - BHPian

We're very seriously considering the S-Cross 1.6

Took a test drive recently, and the car was fantastic! From what i've read, the S-Cross should still be more spacious, with a better ride and handling balance, better interiors, and not to forget - a fantastic engine to boot!

However, plan to go check out the Brezza in person tomorrow just to ensure the going is good. As for the talks of Maruti discontinuing the S-Cross due to poor sales, I doubt it - they very rarely do that even with their poor selling variants. Lastly, at the end of the day, they're Maruti - I'm sure they will continue providing support for their vehicles for years to come. That's why they're still India's largest manufacturer, trusted by thousands every month.

Last edited by lamborghini : 12th March 2016 at 02:54.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 07:53   #3612
BHPian

Maruti doesn't phase out its cars so soon and suddenly. Ritz in itself a great product is a sales dud now but it outsells many other small cars by a considerable margin. S cross outsells Vento ,Verna ,Duster, Terrano etc by a reasonable margin. Don't think 1.6 will be phased out rather we want to see how that missile of an engine feels in a Ciaz.
hondacity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 10:09   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Maruti doesn't phase out its cars so soon and suddenly. Ritz in itself a great product is a sales dud now but it outsells many other small cars by a considerable margin. S cross outsells Vento ,Verna ,Duster, Terrano etc by a reasonable margin. Don't think 1.6 will be phased out rather we want to see how that missile of an engine feels in a Ciaz.
Agree with you hondacity.

I do not know why many are jumping the gun and thinking of S-Cross getting discontinued.

S-Cross sells at an average of 2.5K units per month. It's not a very bad figure. The issue is, many tend to compare this sales figure with the supersonic figures of Swift / Swift D-Zire etc. If we look at the other side of the table and see the total sales figures of manufactures like Skoda / Fiat / Volkswagen / Ford, we can realize that the 2.5K monthly sales for a car of 10+ Lakhs, is a pretty good number. S-Cross will surely settle down on an average of 2-2.5K monthly sales and no way this product is going to be discontinued.
Old 12th March 2016, 10:31   #3614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
True that !

Maruti Suzuki is able to sell 2k units of Scross per month with limited reach of Nexa and Ford is unable to hit 1k mark with a stylish & talented VFM Aspire.

It is a commendable feat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi53 View Post
I am probably one of the few people leaning towards the s cross after looking at the brezza prices. I had pre booked the brezza, however the s cross 1.3 sigma is only around 40k more than the brezza vdi (O). Both these cars have similar features except for a music system. The s cross is my opinion is a much better can and is also a segment above the brezza.
I ma planning to cancel my brezza booking and go for the s cross. Need to go and figure out if there are any discounts on the s cross.
It is better to consider delta than sigma.
There is too much cost cutting in sigma.

Last edited by kpzen : 12th March 2016 at 10:34.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:07   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Completed the 10k service in just under 7 months.
So total damage for 10k service is Rs 3200

After all this, as a pleasant surprise I received a coupon/voucher from Nexa on the completion of 6 months of Nexa concept which can be redeemed for 2 years-20k service AMC/extended warranty

Anybody else got similar stuff from Nexa?
Congratulations on the 10K mark. Wish you many more happy miles ahead.

My car is also due for 10K service. I touched almost 9.6K in January (in 5 Months).

But after that I'm on continuous official travel and hence the car did not register any miles. Once back in couple of weeks, will be giving it for 3rd service.

Will definitely ask for coupon/Voucher if they do not give. Will quote your case

Most Viewed