Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 18:57   #3661
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki S-Cross limited edition launched for Rs 9.55 lakh.

However, instead of the touchscreen audio system, the car gets a basic monochrome integrated unit.
I see Maruti getting a lot of flak for the Zeta Limited Edition with no touchscreen audio system. IMO, Considering their urge to release a Limited Edition variant and the price, it is fair deal.

Let me explain why - From Maruti perspective, a special edition would have some extra cosmetic features at the same or extra price. Already selling at a reduced price, I don't think Maruti can afford to add features and retain price. Now, an increase in price would make no difference as the sales already is pretty bad for a Maruti - increase in price is never going to improve sales. So the question is how to come up with a limited edition, at a lower price - and what is the easiest way to achieve this? Answer: Remove the touchscreen audio + Navigation unit

But overall as a strategy, I feel this is a very poor one. I somehow feel their focus on S-Cross is not in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not good for a Premium Maruti.

Do get it realigned at MASS when you visit them. Looks odd when observed carefully.
Yes Anurag, you are right. I will be visiting MASS something next week and will definitely get this one fixed.

Update on my car

Did a 570 km long drive today with the last 100 odd kms in a 2 lane highway and the rest in a 4 lane highway. The car is super stable and extremely comfortable overall. Overtaking or filling gaps in highway is such an easy task - provided you are in the right gear MID mileage is 19 kmpl in spite of idling the car with AC for around 30 mins. Yes, I was driving with a heavy foot as well. I am sure a more sedate drive will give much better mileage - anyways, I am not too worried about the kmpls.

However, I still have the steering vibration issue. I had fixed the hub rings yesterday specifically to make sure I have a unconstrained drive today. But that was not the case to be. I drove some distance at ~130 kmph but had very noticeable vibration in the steering. The car itself was stable and had no wobbling of any issue as such - but the steering was vibrating non-stop. Hence, restricted to speeds below 120 kmph.

Im planning to get the balancing and alignment checked again. But this is really getting me worried. I was pretty sure the hub rings would solve the issue - but there was 0 difference after installing the rings also. Request experts to help me out with your inputs on this.

Last edited by Vigkey : 16th March 2016 at 19:09.
Old 16th March 2016, 18:58   #3662
Senior - BHPian

There is only one car in blue that looks awesome even now, that is old Fiesta 1.6 S
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 20:29   #3663
BHPian

Friends-getting a 2015 1.6 Alpha at 13.75 in Pune that is 90k below the current price.Is it a steal deal?I am told it's manufactured in Sep 15. Do I bargain more or take it?
Old 16th March 2016, 20:57   #3664
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Friends-getting a 2015 1.6 Alpha at 13.75 in Pune that is 90k below the current price.Is it a steal deal?I am told it's manufactured in Sep 15. Do I bargain more or take it?
Seems a very good deal. Try your luck asking for a Lac off!
And you say this is below the current (revised) market price?
Then it seems a sweet deal indeed!
Buying a 6 month old car won't harm you.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 21:01   #3665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
I got 1.6 zeta for 12.50 in chennai in the first week of feburary. It's was 1.25 lesser than price then. Now must have increased further after tax change. I think now you should be getting 1.5 off. Tell him firmly 90k is peanuts. Let him get the feeling you have other options. You ask for two lakhs discount to start with and probably should end at getting 1.5. Don't worry, no one would purchase 1.6. You'll surely end up getting it.
Dani7766 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 21:30   #3666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
....I drove some distance at ~130 kmph but had very noticeable vibration in the steering. The car itself was stable and had no wobbling of any issue as such - but the steering was vibrating non-stop. Hence, restricted to speeds below 120 kmph.......
Does the vibration remain after exceeding 130 kmph or disappears after crossing a certain speed?

My 1.6 had a peculiar vibration between the band of 105 - 115 kmph. It was irritating on a 500 km long highway trip. It was resolved with alignment and rotation of tyres. I'm running the car on stock alloys.
Old 16th March 2016, 22:30   #3667
BHPian

Blue is a high maintanece color I suppose
Got a courier from Nexa - The 20000km / 2 year service premium package
I am not sure of what will happen to those who have opted for paid 2 year warranty. Does that include the service package?

With the code 6 tuning, overtaking have become a breeze. The needle swings past 3k rpm effortlessly, making overtakings very smooth and strain-free. Engine never feels strained above 2.5k rpm. Low end has some improvement as well. Reversing has become quicker. Had a short trip to Wagamon. Enjoyed every bit of the drive from Kochi.

Hippo @ Wagamon
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scr1.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scr4.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-153.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-152.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 22:45   #3668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Your car looks very good with the alloys. One doubt. What happened to the 'S Cross' badge at the rear?. It's not seen on your car. S-Cross have that badge at the LHS of the boot door.

Last edited by Sree73 : 16th March 2016 at 22:46. Reason: Punctuation
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 22:54   #3669
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post

What happened to the 'S Cross' badge at the rear?. It's not seen on your car. S-Cross have that badge at the LHS of the boot door.
IMO he debadged it for a more cleaner look emphasizing only on Code6.

IMHO, the S-Cross first and Baleno are the two cars that have cleanst boot lid on the Maruti portfolio. Rest all have badges for 'everything'

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th March 2016 at 22:58.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 23:04   #3670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Blue is a high maintenance color I suppose
I am not sure of what will happen to those who have opted for paid 2 year warranty. Does that include the service package?

With the code 6 tuning, overtaking have become a breeze. The needle swings past 3k rpm effortlessly, making overtakings very smooth and strain-free. Engine never feels strained above 2.5k rpm. Low end has some improvement as well. Reversing has become quicker. Had a short trip to Wagamon. Enjoyed every bit of the drive from Kochi.
Beautifully maintained
Is it smartwax ?
First time, I am liking the brown color.

Last edited by kpzen : 16th March 2016 at 23:05.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 23:09   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, the S-Cross first and Baleno are the two cars that have cleanst boot lid on the Maruti portfolio. Rest all have badges for 'everything'
You are absolutely right. Also, Maruti did not highlight the version, which is a welcome move. May be trying to catch up with the luxury car concept .

Just to give the distinction between 1.3/1.6, 1.6 was put across.

Sandygordon's no badge look is also quite impressive. It seems more space at the boot lid without the badge.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 00:47   #3672
BHPian

Quote:

Your car looks awesome with those alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Beautifully maintained
Is it smartwax ?
Me too.

Quote:

Are the badges easy to remove?

Is the Boosterjet S-Cross coming anytime soon? I've booked a Brezza ZDi after SCross went overbudgget due to my delay in decision and budget outcomes. If they can keep the petrol boosterjet 1.4 ( Strong reason for it to be 1.4 as 1.0 might be too weak below the turbo zone. 1.4 is weak itself without the turboboost. There's a Vitara S review on youtube with boosterjet. Watch it.) under 10 lakhs on road for Zeta then will switch back to S-Cross.

The video:

Last edited by ampere : 17th March 2016 at 07:51. Reason: Edited quoted content
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 06:48   #3673
BHPian

Quote:
Your car looks very good with the alloys. One doubt. What happened to the 'S Cross' badge at the rear?. It's not seen on your car. S-Cross have that badge at the LHS of the boot door.
Thanks for the comments
The S cross badge was stolen !!
The "Nexa-walla" could not source it during the third service.
I feel the boot looks cleaner without the "cross" badging. I am trying to source an SX4 badge on ebay. Looking for some place to customise a badge - "Hippo"

Quote:

All boot lids are busy with badging these days
I see loot of de-badged cars these days, especially in Cochin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Beautifully maintained
Is it smartwax ?
Its not smartwax. Its Waxoyl done from a "non-branded" garage at the cost of 3.5k. Me too have started liking the brown colour. All my previous cars were silver.

Quote:
Y
May be trying to catch up with the luxury car concept .

Just to give the distinction between 1.3/1.6, 1.6 was put across.

Sandygordon's no badge look is also quite impressive. It seems more space at the boot lid without the badge.
But there sure is a distinction between 1.3 and 1.6
My heart always skips a beat when I see the 1.6. Tried to drag it with a 1.6 on an open road, kept up with the code 6 till 90kmph, but it disappeared soon in front of me. Damn those MSIL think tanks who priced the 1.6 way above sane levels. (The flowchart saga). For 95% of the time I dont miss a 1.6, but sure will pull a heart-string when I see one on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Your car looks awesome with those alloys.

Me too.

Are the badges easy to remove?
Thank you for the alloy comment.
It was easy for the thief.
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:36   #3674
Senior - BHPian

My S-Cross' seat belt reminder stopped working for a day and was back again. Hope it was an intermittent issue. I am nearing the 2nd service anyway. I think I should ask the SA to have a cursory look and see if all is well.
Old 17th March 2016, 10:17   #3675
BHPian

It is shocking to know that Maruti has stopped (temporarily or otherwise) the production of S Cross 1.6. After inordinate delay of more than one month the dealer now says Maruti is focussing on Baleno and Brezza and they can not deliver my Alpha 1.6 anytime soon.

I am back to square one. Let me call up the Duster guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks