Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 16:52   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Perhaps the accident was a result of confidence inspired by the taut chassis and ultimate let-down by the JK tyres People really should not be allowed to test drive cars like this. Even someone with loads of skill, intuition and quick reflexes must constantly remind himself that he is a mere mortal.
Old 31st July 2015, 16:59   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
I was showing TBHP S-cross review to my wife last night and she barely took a second to comment it looked like an overgrown Alto.
Indeed! Your wife does have a keen eye. She's absolutely spot on.. i would have never come to that conclusion.

That looks like either the vehicle was driven in a real unsafe manner before the crash or the driver undertook an evasive manoeuvre to avoid hitting a pedestrian or another vehicle. What is certain is the car has surely rolled over multiple times.

Also it is not right to doubt the safety aspect of the S-Cross and presume that it is not safe. Any vehicle subject to this kind of violent accident would end up having its bodyshell compromised.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2015 at 17:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 31st July 2015, 17:05   #363
Senior - BHPian

There are so many incidents of Crossovers toppling. Are they inherently prone to toppling?
Old 31st July 2015, 17:06   #364
Senior - BHPian

it is weird to say this openly, I know but I had dreams of an s-cross crash just after it's test drive report was published here. For one there was the sneaking suspicion it would be driven rashly and it's handling wouldn't stand upto its power. Though I was aware that it handles better than any maruti till date except say a kizashi.
Old 31st July 2015, 17:18   #365
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it has become mandatory to topple made for India mini SUVs before/during official launch. Same thing happened with Ecosport, Creta, and now SCross!
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 18:16   #366
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! That S-Cross has taken a beating like no other. Obviously like other sensible members I'm not going to jump the gun with conclusions or seize the opportunity to promote another brand, but the one concern is how the A pillar has given way. Hope the details leading to the crash will emerge; it is important we get to know.

Meanwhile, I just came back from the Bimal Nexa showroom, a short while prior. Went there to see the Blue colored S-Cross, that my RM informed me yesterday had reached the showroom. It looks good and is one of the 2 colors I'd shortlisted for a potential purchase. This showroom now has Blue and Brown car each on display.

The RMs now have their iPads with a NEXA application, which they're supposed to use. NEXA, to be truly premium, is avoiding pen & paper and going paperless, thus using the tablets to showcase the vehicle and write down customer details, show color renditions on the vehicle, show accessories, etc.. A differentiator and if used properly, may provide a bit of a premium edge.

The showroom definitely looks good and exudes a premium space, compared to most other showrooms you have seen, for the mass market vehicles. I haven't been to many BMW, Audi or JLR showrooms, so my feedback isn't comparing with them. But it is small in terms of total space, seating customers, etc.. Also, the maximum number of vehicles that can be displayed at a single point of time, seems to be limited to 3 (my estimate, not an official figure). I wonder if NEXA will run into space issue(s) when they bring in more premium cars. Or, they only showcase 3 premium cars at any point of time.

Some pics of the Blue S-Cross. Blue definitely looks good to me. Now, to see the silver quickly and make a decision.

For some reason I'm unable to attach more than 1 pic from my phone, so made a collage of some snaps I took. If any of you need, I'll post the full res images later from home.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-image.jpg
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 18:35   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
it is weird to say this openly, I know but I had dreams of an s-cross crash just after it's test drive report was published here. For one there was the sneaking suspicion it would be driven rashly and it's handling wouldn't stand upto its power. Though I was aware that it handles better than any maruti till date except say a kizashi.
Though I have not yet driven the car myself, if the S-Cross is even near as commendable as a dynamic package as the test reports suggest, then better tyres would have gone a long way in making it safer and easier to take to the limit.

OT, but I think you may be forgetting the Baleno, Swift and the 2007-08 SX4 M16a without VVT, these were really fun Suzukis
Old 31st July 2015, 18:58   #368

Today happened to visit the NEXA showroom in Andheri west. Showroom did manage to look premium. Coming to the car, for me the exterior looked quite good. Interior was spacious with excellent quality. Only gripe were the doors which didn't close on my first attempt (tried twice) but required a firm push for it to get closed. Eager to TD it 😁
Old 31st July 2015, 19:15   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
This S-Cross involved in a terrible crash just days before the official launch.
Whoa!!!, what a horrible crash. The top half is virtually wiped out. Where did this accident happen?

Such crash before launch is definitely bad PR for the car and company. Maruti speak up.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 31st July 2015, 19:27   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The biggest advantage of the Duster 85 is its drivability at all RPMs. It puts from as low as 1200 RPM. Thats its USP. While the 1.3 MJD does not respond below 1800 RPM I think. So from that point of view a Duster 85 any day is good for the city commute.

For the highways, 85 Duster does not have much in it. It can cruise well at 90-100 for hours together. It can go higher if needed, but I would suggest just about three digits for best results.
Thanks a lot Buddy! Though I havent TDed Ciaz in a highway, I believe it is a great highway cruiser.
My daily drive of 50Kms has 40KM of highway, 8 KMs of bumper to bumper traffic, 2 KMs of bad roads (with too many speed breakers). Ciaz wouldnt be too bad for me except if I need to take it to stop go traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That I think may be a bit optimistic. Expect at least a lac more for the base variant. But yes, if it goes that low, every one would love it!
Yep! My head tells me that I am too optimistic but no harm in dreaming
Old 31st July 2015, 20:02   #371
BHPian

Visited today evening the NEXA showroom in New Airport Road, Viman Nagar, Pune.

- Pictures don't do justice to the looks. It really looks fabulous when seen in flesh. Two slate chrome in grill also looks ok.
- The high stance makes it look like a cross-over. Interior fit and finish is good.
- Spouse who did not like Creta at first sight was fine with S-Cross except for the boot space.
- I felt that headroom at the rear was not sufficient. I am 5' 7" and sure 6' people will not feel comfortable (may be recline the seat)
- Was put off when the Sales Advisor answered query regarding only 2 air bags - in India 2 is sufficient as side impact accidents are less.

As per Sales Advisor, prices by 5th August and test drives from 7th August.

Surprisingly, I could not find details of dealers and their address/location at www.nexaexperience.com.
For those in Pune, map of Nexa showroom by Kothari in Viman Nagar

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-nexa-showroom.png
Old 31st July 2015, 20:42   #372
BHPian

ACI quotes 10-13 L for DDIS 320 as ex-showroom price. That would take the OTR prices to 15L for the top end
That means just 80k less than the better appointed creta (read 6 airbags sans rear disc brake).

20-80 kmph in 3rd gear for DDIS 320 is given as 12.36 seconds as per ACI
20-80 kmph in 3rd gear for Ciaz is 11.4 seconds (Add a second for the DDIS 200) as per ACI sedan comparison test 826(April 15)

40-100 kmph in 4th gear for DDIS 320 is given as 19.6 seconds
40-100 kmph in 4th gear for Ciaz ZDI was 15.41 seconds (same comparison test)

Are all these trustworthy numbers
The above values would mean that the DDIS 200 would have better in gear timings than the 320 for routine runs !!!!!
However the 0-100 acceleration is 11.5s which would be a touch faster than the vento/rapid (is it?)

Last edited by sandygordon : 31st July 2015 at 21:04. Reason: text
Old 31st July 2015, 20:42   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross Accident Update by Gaadiwaadi.

Quote:
As per our Sources, The Accident happened with Atul Motors Jamnagar (Gujrat) Dealership’s Display Car that has fallen from narrow bridge

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...d-core-351723/

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st July 2015 at 20:49.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 21:30   #374
BHPian

Much has been said about 'crossover' toppling or say 'toss-over'?
But guys! come-on! they are just being publicized because the crashes happened even before the launch!

There was also a reported crash of Mahindra's upcoming SUV and nobody said about toppling issue in ALL of the SUV's bodytype.

There are so many types of crashes in India that a car of any body-type can be termed dangerous!

I don't know why we are so discriminating!
If a Ferrari or Audi catches fire or crashes we all show sympathy and blame the driver; even going to the extent of saying RIP Ferrari/Lambo. etc

But let a common car catch fire or crash by any misfortune and whoa! Everybody explodes like Takata airbags!

Take a chill pill...guys! Nobody or no-car was made perfect! It's just another crash!
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 21:31   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
ACI quotes 10-13 L for DDIS 320 as ex-showroom price. That would take the OTR prices to 15L for the top end
Well, they kind of got the pricing correct for Creta. So it might just be true. Anything greater than 14L is a deal breaker for me. I'd love to get the Alpha but the Zeta is also a compelling offer if one is willing to let go some bells and whistles.
sudeepg is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks