Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 21:52   #3886
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post

Drive was within the city for around 2KMs but I found pressing clutch pedal was too painful...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
It is a little heavier than my old petrol i20 but now I am OK with 1.6 clutch.. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
...I do not think the clutch pedal is very difficult to engage. It's not very heavy...
The clutch of S-Cross is definitely on a very hard/heavy side. And to make things worse the clutch travel is long.

I test drove the 1.6 variant which had around 2k KMs on the odo. While crawling through the traffic for around 10 minutes the discomfort on my left leg was lot. The SA was aware of that, and just when I mentioned clutch he immediately came to defense that it was a TD vehicle etc. etc.

And the issue was all the more confirmed when I drove my DZire ZDI immediately after the TD. I am not exaggerating when I say that my Dzire's clutch felt like a bliss.

I live in NCR so crawling through the traffic is what I face daily. Dzire's clutch has never been a discomfort but believe me when I say S-Cross's clutch is a hell lot painful.
Old 4th April 2016, 23:09   #3887
BHPian

I own 1.3 Zeta and my previous car was Honda Jazz. Compared to Jazz definitely the clutch is on the heavier side. But is it a deal breaker? Not at all!. I have driven for hours together in the bumper to bumper traffic in Chennai and I didn't feel any discomfort.
Off topic: Today I tried Safari Storme and was pleasantly surprised at how light the clutch was. S Cross is definitely heavier than that.
bijujj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 23:23   #3888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Looking for your inputs on S-Cross clutch pedal. This weekend, I took test drive of 1.3 Zeta. Drive was within the city for around 2KMs but I found pressing clutch pedal was too painful. It was very hard as compare to my Chevvy Spark.

Do you also feel that clutch of S-Cross is hard to press or it could be the problem in Test Drive Vehicle?
I had taken test drive of both 1.3 and 1.6 variants of S-Cross before my purchase and have now completed ~3500 kms on my S-Cross 1.6. If I remember correctly, I felt the clutch of 1.3 was slightly heavier than our Petrol Dzire. However, it was not bothersome for me and I was sure to adjust if I purchased the vehicle. It was not the same with the 1.6 variant though. In the test drive vehicle, the clutch was VERY heavy and had hell lot of vibrations. It actually put my purchase decision in a big doubt. However, the RM convinced me that it was because the TD vehicle was driven by a lot of rookie drivers and it was abused a lot.

I was very tense when I first drove my S-Cross 1.6. It definitely felt heavier than the 1.3 and had more travel but was no where as bad as the TD vehicle. I found it a bit difficult to handle for the first 2-3 days, but then I have adapted to it now and it feels very easy to drive. I drive in Bangalore B2B traffic and very rarely felt irritated with the clutch travel or heaviness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
The clutch of S-Cross is definitely on a very hard/heavy side. And to make things worse the clutch travel is long.
Yes, the clutch of the S-Cross 1.6 is on the heavier side and has a long travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
I test drove the 1.6 variant which had around 2k KMs on the odo. While crawling through the traffic for around 10 minutes the discomfort on my left leg was lot. The SA was aware of that, and just when I mentioned clutch he immediately came to defense that it was a TD vehicle etc. etc.

I live in NCR so crawling through the traffic is what I face daily. Dzire's clutch has never been a discomfort but believe me when I say S-Cross's clutch is a hell lot painful.
The vehicle I did TD in Feb had ~15k kms on it and it was abused. The clutch feel and heaviness and vibration was pathetic. I doubt a 2k TD vehicle will have such issues. Anyways, I have driven my S-Cross for 3.5k kms in a variety of conditions - heavy City traffic, Open Highway, Crowded 2 lane highways, Ghats. And the clutch NEVER gave me a discomfort or was painful. Initial days was a bit tough, but that was a matter of adapting from a petrol car. So you never know, the issue might have been with the TD vehicle itself.
Old 5th April 2016, 06:44   #3889
BHPian

Hi guys,

A quick question on the extended warranty for S-Cross. The extended warranty document that you have got says "Nexa Extended Warranty"? Is it different from the one issued by Maruti directly or is it the same? If it is different, what is the difference?
Old 5th April 2016, 14:38   #3890
Senior - BHPian

http://motorbash.com/maruti-disconti...s-13-continue/
Reposting what Bhpian 400Notout had posted in a seperate thread. As per motorbash Maruti is set to discontinue the 1.6. If this is true, it would be a bad move by MS.
Old 5th April 2016, 14:51   #3891
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
Hi guys,

A quick question on the extended warranty for S-Cross. The extended warranty document that you have got says "Nexa Extended Warranty"? Is it different from the one issued by Maruti directly or is it the same? If it is different, what is the difference?
This is merely a question of Branding. No more than that.
Since Nexa is owned and run by Maruti only.
Old 5th April 2016, 14:56   #3892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is merely a question of Branding. No more than that.
Since Nexa is owned and run by Maruti only.
Dear Shankar,

Thanks for your reply, but not all Nexa outlets are owned by Maruti directly. For example, the NEXA close to my house is a normal dealer like other maruti dealers and he also owns a normal Maruti dealership. What I wanted to be clear about is that "NEXA Extended Warranty" is provided by Maruti and not by the dealer as the warranty provided by the dealer is of no use at service outlets other than the dealers's.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 5th April 2016, 16:31   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
Dear Shankar,

Thanks for your reply, but not all Nexa outlets are owned by Maruti directly. For example, the NEXA close to my house is a normal dealer like other maruti dealers and he also owns a normal Maruti dealership. What I wanted to be clear about is that "NEXA Extended Warranty" is provided by Maruti and not by the dealer as the warranty provided by the dealer is of no use at service outlets other than the dealers's.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Hi abhinavb, Nexa Extended Warranty will be honoured by all Maruti Dealers.
Attached is the screenshot from Nexaexperience website.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-maruti.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 5th April 2016 at 16:33.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 18:01   #3894
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

I understand that. Maruti has a Franchisee network who own and operate the Nexa Showrooms, much the way Franchisees own and operate the normal Maruti Showrooms.
But the Nexa Warranty is a way for them to Brand the Nexa Retail Concept. Anyway we all know that it is from the House of Maruti.

And the Nexa Extended Warranty will not be a "Dealer Warranty" especially when it is a New vehicle that you are buying and more so, from the so called Premium Segment. The Warranty is a Maruti Warranty at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Hi abhinavb, Nexa Extended Warranty will be honoured by all Maruti Dealers.
Attached is the screenshot from Nexaexperience website.
Old 5th April 2016, 18:09   #3895
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ This is the case with all extended warranty, unless its on any dealer installed items (After market music system) in which case you have to approach the same dealer or manufactures of the product.

Apart from that, all vehicle related warranty is applicable across dealer network. I guess this is common across all manufactures. At least I am aware that this is the case with Maruti & Mahindra.
Old 6th April 2016, 15:18   #3896
Senior - BHPian

I just booked an S-Cross 1.6 Zeta. See my post in the "I booked my car" thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post3947002

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Here is the source:
http://overdrive.in/news/maruti-disc...ants-in-india/

As far as i know, overdrive is a reputed reporting agency, so i would give my benefit of doubt to them.
You can tell Overdrive to take their report & reputation, and stuff it where the sun don't shine!
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 16:19   #3897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I just booked an S-Cross 1.6 Zeta. See my post in the "I booked my car" thread
Congratulations on your booking. Were you aware of the below before the booking?

To the best of my knowledge, only the alpha comes with traction control and esp. (or something called the body control module) which makes it an entirely different car. Which I think is achieved by a different ECU altogether. That is also the reason why the Cruise control is missing on the 1.6 Zeta. The alpha is not just about leather and auto headlamps.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 16:32   #3898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I just booked an S-Cross 1.6 Zeta.
3L more than my delta from the same dealer for alloys, FATC and touch screen infotainment.

Can you please let me know the exchange price quote you get for originals alloys? I may be interested in getting them for my car.

Girish
Old 6th April 2016, 16:44   #3899
BANNED

Was trying to compare the currently trending SUVs: Ecosport, SCross and Creta based on the interest of this enthusiastic Team-BHP community.

Ecosport: approximately 87 lakh views in 34 months, at an average of 2.5L views per month.
SCross: approximately 20 lakh views in 8 months, at an average of 2.5L views per month.
Creta: approximately 8 lakh views in 7 months, at an average of 1.1L views per month.

Clearly shows the preferences of the enthusiasts!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th April 2016 at 16:50.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 16:47   #3900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Congratulations on your booking. Were you aware of the below before the booking?

To the best of my knowledge, only the alpha comes with traction control and esp. (or something called the body control module) which makes it an entirely different car. Which I think is achieved by a different ECU altogether. That is also the reason why the Cruise control is missing on the 1.6 Zeta. The alpha is not just about leather and auto headlamps.
I doubt that any S-Cross variant, be it 1.6 or 1.3 comes with traction control or ESP. The only vehicles/ SUVs under 20L that I can remember of are Figo AT twins/Ecosport AT, Duster AWD, Creta SX(O) and XUV. I might have missed some but S-Cross is definitely not in list. The European spec is a different matter altogether.

Most Viewed