Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 16:47   #3901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
3L more than my delta from the same dealer for alloys, FATC and touch screen infotainment.

Can you please let me know the exchange price quote you get for originals alloys? I may be interested in getting them for my car.

Girish
Will do that. Since delivery is about 6 weeks away, will PM you when I fix a date for getting the wheels/tyres upgraded.
Old 6th April 2016, 16:51   #3902
BHPian

An update.
Done and dusted last week:
1. Upsized to 225/50 R17 tyres
2. Alloys changed to 17" Lenzo Venom.
3. Paint Protection, under-body coat, matt black vinyls in the center of the front bumper

Here is more to be different:
1. Painted the brake callipers red (Ferrari red?)
2. Upgraded the stock front speakers to Blaupunkt components and tweeters too. The twitters now sit over the original twitter case facing the driver instead of facing the front glass.
4. Amplifier and woofer to Blaupunkt again. Need to mention an amazing job done at Modern Car Accessories, Pune.
5. Sound deafening done on front doors (Dynamat)
6. Most Important. Nothing is possible without the Almighty's blessing. Got a small Ganesh idol hanging from the rear view mirror

Initially though of painting the callipers blue, but checked the net and found that the red looks hot
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160405_142528.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160405_140712.jpg

The stock speakers didn't have the punch at high volumes nor were they refined. The Blaupunkt's set (2 components+amplifier+subwoofer) were suggested by Rajesh from Modern Auto. I am not a audiophile so pretty novice in this area. If you need the details I can get it from him
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160405_190309.jpg

The speakers were slotted in this support.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160405_180448.jpg

Rajesh, proprietor of Modern Auto getting his hands dirty applying Dynamat. I like the energy he and his team puts on getting the job done. The best part, he doesn't apply stickers advertising his shop. lol.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160405_161934.jpg
shivasi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 17:29   #3903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I just booked an S-Cross 1.6 Zeta. See my post in the "I booked my car" thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post3947002

You can tell Overdrive to take their report & reputation, and stuff it where the sun don't shine!
Why dont you do the honours!

I am following them since my childhood days, and have not noticed them indulging in fake reporting. If they have reported something, there must have been some 'news' around it & they might have received some communication from MSIL or insiders (i dont know, just speculating).

Your booking of 1.6 zeta does not change anything. Till inventories last, i dont see any issue with nexa taking bookings.
Old 6th April 2016, 17:47   #3904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I doubt that any S-Cross variant, be it 1.6 or 1.3 comes with traction control or ESP. The only vehicles/ SUVs under 20L that I can remember of are Figo AT twins/Ecosport AT, Duster AWD, Creta SX(O) and XUV. I might have missed some but S-Cross is definitely not in list. The European spec is a different matter altogether.
Apologies for the confusion presented. What i meant is from the posts here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3919176

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3919161

So, rightly as you said, I had confused, indeed they are not present. But I would still like to know how the BCM is different apart from just the lights.
Old 6th April 2016, 20:12   #3905

Hi. We've bought a Caffeine Brown S-cross 1.6 in the Alpha trim. I wanted to know more about the stock tyres on the car and if the car really begs for an upgrade as I have seen almost every owner going in for an upgrade in this area. Also does anyone know about the running period of the car? I asked the dealer about this and he said there's nothing like that but I don't Completely trust him. Thank you.
Old 6th April 2016, 21:23   #3906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Hi. We've bought a Caffeine Brown S-cross 1.6 in the Alpha trim. I wanted to know more about the stock tyres on the car and if the car really begs for an upgrade as I have seen almost every owner going in for an upgrade in this area. Also does anyone know about the running period of the car? I asked the dealer about this and he said there's nothing like that but I don't Completely trust him. Thank you.
Well if you want to stick to the stock size go for Michelin at about 7k each tyre.
I have upsized to 225/50 R17 which is the recommended upsize for 17". The cost of that size tyre is about 13k.

Like someone said in this forum,the 1.6 begs for broader shoes but you need to keep a check on the price as well.
Old 6th April 2016, 22:02   #3907
BANNED

Quote:
Hi. We've bought a Caffeine Brown S-cross 1.6 in the Alpha trim. I wanted to know more about the stock tyres on the car and if the car really begs for an upgrade as I have seen almost every owner going in for an upgrade in this area.
It totally depends on your driving style. (If your aggressive then you would need better tyres) else the stock ones are good enough. JK's are useless anyway so all owners swap it off just after delivery.

IMO the JK Elanzo tyre that Maruti chose as OEM for the S-Cross is the second biggest mistake. First biggest mistake was the alloy wheel design.

Quote:
Also does anyone know about the running period of the car?
Do check the owners manual for further details on running-in. It would be 1000 kms.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 22:09   #3908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
lso does anyone know about the running period of the car? u.

Running in period is 960 km ( given in Manual)

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th April 2016 at 22:12.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 08:14   #3909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Your booking of 1.6 zeta does not change anything. Till inventories last, i dont see any issue with nexa taking bookings.
Some more info on the S Cross and its road map going forward,

-sold 24,000 units through the premium Nexa showrooms over the last seven months.

- means the S-cross is roughly clocking sales of about 3,142 units monthly.

- Of this, about 70 percent sales are for the DDiS200 1.3-litre variant with the remaining being for the DDiS320 1.6-litre diesel engine-equipped one.

- the 1.6-litre S-cross is delivered based on specific customer bookings with few cars readily available at outlets.

- The company had targeted sales of 2,500-3,000 units per month from the limited number of Nexa outlets and it claims it has nearly achieved that figure from the 100 outlets planned up to March 2016.

- once the network is expanded further, sales of around 4,000 units per month can be the retail target

- the top-end Alpha 1.3-litre diesel is faring the best with a two-three week waiting period for specific paint shades

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...15-401128.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th April 2016 at 08:25.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:07   #3910
BHPian

The top 10 Cars in March 2016. Positive Surprises are Renault Kwid / Maruti Celerio.
Negative surprises are Hyundai Creta (Less than 5.6K ) and Honda City.

Source: ET Auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-march_2016.jpg  

Old 7th April 2016, 09:16   #3911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
The top 10 Cars in March 2016. Positive Surprises are Renault Kwid / Maruti Celerio.
Negative surprises are Hyundai Creta (Less than 5.6K ) and Honda City.
The figures are for Passenger vehicles while Creta is the ' Perfect SUV' and hence comes under UV and is not categorized here.

See the similar chart for Feb-16 , the story repeats there too.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:34   #3912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
But I would still like to know how the BCM is different apart from just the lights.
Hi govigov

My guess is this - the BCM is different in Alpha variant because in addition to the features in Delta / Zeta, it has:

(1) HID projector lamp with auto function (which also means additional optical sensor and different headlamp stalk)
(2) Rain sensing wiper (again, additional sensor and different wiper stalk)
(3) Cruise control (additional stalk / switch)

BCM (Body Control Module) basically controls all the electrical components in the vehicle (lights, wipers, camera, switches etc) which are not related to the engine (since engine has its own controller). Therefore, the BCM in the Zeta and Alpha variants will have different hardware (PCB, connector pins etc) and also software.

Hope it is clearer now.
Viju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:37   #3913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
My guess is this - the BCM is different in Alpha variant because in addition to the features in Delta / Zeta, it has:
Adding to this, I presume any electrical upgrade be it lights or horns will make the BCU go cranky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Some more info on the S Cross and its road map going forward,
I guess Maruti will never think of discontinuing the 1.6 since they themselves are saying the 1.6 is for those special customers. Moreover since the Vitara will debut around next year which comes with the 1.6.

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2016 at 10:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 7th April 2016, 09:43   #3914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Hi govigov

(1) HID projector lamp with auto function (which also means additional optical sensor and different headlamp stalk)
(2) Rain sensing wiper (again, additional sensor and different wiper stalk)
(3) Cruise control (additional stalk / switch)

BCM (Body Control Module) basically controls all the electrical components in the vehicle (lights, wipers, camera, switches etc) which are not related to the engine (since engine has its own controller). Therefore, the BCM in the Zeta and Alpha variants will have different hardware (PCB, connector pins etc) and also software.

Hope it is clearer now.
In the S-cross, Zeta & Alpha have the same BCM unit.
Delta has a different BCM.
Old 7th April 2016, 09:52   #3915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
In the S-cross, Zeta & Alpha have the same BCM unit. Delta has a different BCM.
kpzen

Sorry, I don't know the details of S-Cross or its BCM much, I was just guessing the reason why the BCM should be different between the variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
S cross Alpha headlight is very much available as MGA @ Rs 17,200 per unit.

The main problem is syncing with the BCM unit for non-alpha variant.
No one at MASS has any clue about it.
But the if Zeta and Alpha have the same BCM unit, then what did you mean by this post? I am confused.

If someone wants to fix the HID headlamps from the Alpha to a Zeta, why is syncing of BCM unit required?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks