Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 10:42   #3916
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

With the summer sun glaring, I am finding it hard to continue to drive with the dashboard reflection on the windshield; has anyone been able to fix this reflection problem? I didn't get a chance to check with 3M as yet...
sagara999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:47   #3917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
With the summer sun glaring, I am finding it hard to continue to drive with the dashboard reflection on the windshield; has anyone been able to fix this reflection problem? I didn't get a chance to check with 3M as yet...
Polarised sunglasses? I think this should be the best option to cut the reflection. Else you will have to go for some non reflective black patch on the dashboard such that it doesnt reflect light.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 11:11   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Why dont you do the honours!

I am following them since my childhood days, and have not noticed them indulging in fake reporting. If they have reported something, there must have been some 'news' around it & they might have received some communication from MSIL or insiders (i dont know, just speculating).

Your booking of 1.6 zeta does not change anything. Till inventories last, i dont see any issue with nexa taking bookings.
No offence, I was also following them from 90's during the time when Adil was heading ( if I remember right), but later with the current top hem their quality has come down a lot, and abit polarised as well.
The surprising fact for me that they were the only reviewers commented lack of confidence at high speed with S-cross. That's a real polarised one for me.
Anyhow don't want to stretch this, may become out of topic.
End of the day it's our money and our decision. I've test drove almost all the vehicle from C to D segment before the final call, because I live for drive :thumbup:
lovetorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 11:39   #3919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
The surprising fact for me that they were the only reviewers commented lack of confidence at high speed with S-cross. That's a real polarised one for me.
I will agree to that part and for this the full honor goes to the sub standard JK tyres. I can say this very confidently because my 2010 swift Vdi came with JKs which resulted in nervous handling.Changed them to Michelins and the car was super stable even at corners. I am sure if they had reviewed the Scross with much better shoes the outcome would have been something else.
I still believe the S Cross 1.6 is a gem. Such cars debut very rarely.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 7th April 2016 at 11:41.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:27   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
kpzen

Sorry, I don't know the details of S-Cross or its BCM much, I was just guessing the reason why the BCM should be different between the variants.

But the if Zeta and Alpha have the same BCM unit, then what did you mean by this post? I am confused.

If someone wants to fix the HID headlamps from the Alpha to a Zeta, why is syncing of BCM unit required?
Headlamps of Zeta are 55/60W, where as in Alpha, it is 25W HID. Alpha varient has auto headlamps which are calibrated to switch on 25W lamp and in S cross Zeta, there is no Auto Headlight feature.(Baleno Zeta has auto headlamps that are calibrated for 55/60W setup)
Hence if a Zeta(S-Cross or Baleno) owner wants to upgrade to Headlamps of Alpha and wants to retain Auto Headlamps feature, then Headlamps, BCM and wiring harness and headlight control stalk(S-Cross only) should be changed, which costs approximately 1.5L !!

If auto headlight feature is not required, Only headlamps and wiring harness need to be changed. It is possible, co-ordinate with your RM and talk to your area Territory manager.

Cheers !!
kashyapz8055 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 16:29   #3921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post

If auto headlight feature is not required, Only headlamps and wiring harness need to be changed. It is possible, co-ordinate with your RM and talk to your area Territory manager.

Cheers !!
Why all are looking at HID solution from Nexa (alpha version)? Yes there can be a warranty issue, but with my 10 years plus experience with Maruti, they are not too stiff like some of the German manufacturers.
The HID job done on Mi10's Zeta looks really cool IMHO. Have a check in his ownership report.
Plus remember the Alpha HID is 25W, where as aftermarket HID's are 35W or above. Though I'm very much happy with the HID of my Alpha, I wish I could have more light (say 35W)

Last edited by lovetorque : 7th April 2016 at 16:47. Reason: spell error
Old 7th April 2016, 16:37   #3922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Plus remember the Alpha HID is 25W, where as aftermarket HID's are 35W or above. Though I'm very mush happy with the HID of my Alpha, I wish I could have more light (say 35W)
I wasn't aware of this - if an upgrade is desired, would there be any problems upgrading to a more powerful HID bulb?

In other news - Nexa called, updating me that our silver S-Cross 1.6 is on it's way, along with a White 1.6 S-Cross (not yet booked, in case anyone wants a quick delivery on a 2016 manufactured 1.6 Alpha in Mumbai - let me know, will pass on SA contact).
Should be in Mumbai soon, and potentially in my hands by next Friday (though I shall be travelling till 23rd). Well within the 45 days we were told at booking, though still a painfully long wait.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 16:46   #3923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I wasn't aware of this - if an upgrade is desired, would there be any problems upgrading to a more powerful HID bulb?
Should not be a problem at all in accommodating 35W HID, as the standard OEM halogens in Zeta and Delta versions are rated at 55W. HID of 55W will be an overkill (illegal too).
There is a handy thread on automotive lighting, : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post203980
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 07:58   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
I've been reading in this thread of reflections. Luckily for my driving position, I'm unable to see any reflections. Also I've installed 3M sunfilm, a week after delivery (may be that's making a difference).
Old 8th April 2016, 08:12   #3925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
In the S-cross, Zeta & Alpha have the same BCM unit. Delta has a different BCM.
Confirmed from ex-colleague at MSIL R&D that all the three variants - Delta, Zeta and Alpha have different part numbers for BCM - due to the difference in equipment levels.

There is no difference with respect to the engine though.

Quote:
Thank you. That made sense.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 09:18   #3926
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Quote:
Should not be a problem at all in accommodating 35W HID, as the standard OEM halogens in Zeta and Delta versions are rated at 55W. HID of 55W will be an overkill (illegal too).
There is a handy thread on automotive lighting, : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post203980
It's not that easy. Baleno and S-cross use a new D5S HID bulb which member Kpzen mentioned earlier on in this thread.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ph...ion-d5s-single

These new D5S bulbs are rated at 25W only as of now and their unique design means the ballast is part of the bulb.

Getting a 35W replacement D5S is impossible and a retrofit would mean fresh wiring as there would be no ballast.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 09:42   #3927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Getting a 35W replacement D5S is impossible and a retrofit would mean fresh wiring as there would be no ballast.
Sir, I Completely agree with your point that D5S bulb cannot be replaced by 35W HID, but D5S and D8S come with an embedded IGNITOR(Shown in picture) along with the bulb. Ballast is external and it is installed inside the housing of headlight assembly in both Baleno and Scross.
The connection between Ignitor and bulb carries high voltage to produce arc in the Xenon bulb. Hence to avoid the risk of high voltage, Ignitor is embedded to the bulb and DxS are the only series of bulbs with embedded Ignitor.

PS : Baleno uses OSRAM D8S 25W HID

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Old 8th April 2016, 09:55   #3928
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sir, I Completely agree with your point that D5S bulb cannot be replaced by 35W HID, but D5S and D8S come with an embedded IGNITOR(Shown in picture) along with the bulb. Ballast is external and it is installed inside the housing of headlight assembly in both Baleno and Scross.
The connection between Ignitor and bulb carries high voltage to produce arc in the Xenon bulb. Hence to avoid the risk of high voltage, Ignitor is embedded to the bulb and DxS are the only series of bulbs with embedded Ignitor.

PS : Baleno uses OSRAM D8S 25W HID

Cheers !!
Kashyap, do check this link: https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...o-D5S-and-D6S=

Especially this line:

Quote:
D5S extends the existing range of D1S and D3S categories that have the starter integrated with the light source, where the ballast is a discrete component. In the case of D5S however, the ballast is integrated with the light source, too. A high voltage connection is thus avoided; only a 12V input is necessary. D5S is very compact, which results in less volume and build-in depth of the headlamp under the hood. The low volume may also be attractive to motorcycle headlamps.
Also, if you look inside the engine bay of the S-cross and Baleno you will never find the ballast box. This is what confused me in the baleno.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 15:51   #3929
BHPian

Hey guys, I upgraded the Infotainment system on my S-Cross. Now it supports Apple CarPlay. But I have been facing a strange issue. About 45 minutes in the ride, my iPhone 5 disconnects automatically and doesn't connect until I restart the car. Also the phone gets really hot when connected to the USB port for CarPlay. I wonder whether that is triggering some automatic switch-off. Has anyone else experienced any such problem?

Also I have been unsuccessful in connecting my dad's HTC One M8 Eye through MirrorLink. I have searched this forum, however have hardly seen anyone having connected to the Fourth Quadrant through MirrorLink. Meanwhile have raised a complaint with Maruti and Bosch is also in the loop. But nothing yet. Maybe I should just wait for the Android Auto update (which I heard will be here anytime now).
Old 8th April 2016, 18:01   #3930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Confirmed from ex-colleague at MSIL R&D that all the three variants - Delta, Zeta and Alpha have different part numbers for BCM - due to the difference in equipment levels.
Viju

I think your colleague missed the Sigma variant.

BCM Parts numbers for S cross
Zeta / Alpha - 36770M64MC0
Delta - 36770M64M30
Sigma - 36770M64M40
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks