Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2016, 08:22   #4156

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Taken at the S Cross club drive organised by Popular Nexa, Kochi.
Overwhelmed to see so many crosses plying the streets.
A convoy of 19 cars led the drive from Kochi to Munnar on the 23 rd of April
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160426wa0005.jpg  

vteccross is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 08:26   #4157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You can upgrade the wattage of the bulbs used.

But Why buddy why?

I know none of your cars are stock (ECU Maps) they are either remapped or tuning boxes are sitting atop. I honestly can't understand the need to get the DDiS 320 a remap.

Those figures and drive-ability in stock itself is mind-boggling and 50% of that power & torque wouldn't be used in our Indian conditions so getting a remap/box and raising the figures is of no use IMO.

I can understand if you were getting the DDiS 200 as that engine seriously needs a remap of the highest grade in a car like S-Cross. That engine is good only for Swift. All above I am not happy seeing that engine in the bay.

What I will suggest is leave the engine stock. Rest MODS you can do but remapping a DDiS 320 to me is like

No offence buddy.
I understand your point buddy. I have booked Alpha which comes with HID projectors. Changing the bulbs is out of question here. Problem is with non clear lens of stock projector and 25W ballast.

I went for mods in other 2 cars after warranty period. Since I have experienced the power gain post remap in my SX4,I get very tempted for 1.6 too. As you said, 1.6 stock itself is very good. I am not very sure about remap before my warranty period. But 4 more years?

My thoughts:
1.Try both single and dual channel box from RD. If I am happy with single channel, I will just buy coupler for S cross (2500 rs) and use the single channel box from my grand i10. RD will tweak the box for S cross.
2.If there is very good difference in dual channel box, I might purchase it. I can drive it in stock mode and use power mode only when I feel like.
3.Drive in stock map for 6 months and get it Wolfed.

Considering Vit M, this should be ideal :
Buy coupler for S cross and use my existing RD box and get it remapped after 1-2 years

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th April 2016 at 08:27.
Old 27th April 2016, 09:20   #4158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Advice Required On Mods For My Future 1.6

1.Tyres & Alloys

I wish to keep the size stock. I have read in various reviews that stock JK tyres offer poor grip. I do not want to go for Michelin/Bridgestone due to my previous experience of weak sidewall. Which brand would be good? About alloys, accessory manager advised me to go for Brezza alloys. He will update me about buyback price for stock alloys. Other option is Momo Win pro/Quantum/Revenge

2.Projector lights

I have booked alpha variant which comes with projector lights.

4.Grill, Spoiler & ORVM

Grill: Should I paint it black or apply 3M gloss black wrap? I am not sure if wrap would stay on it.

ORVM: 3M wrap or black paint?

Spoiler: Body color or black paint or 3M wrap?
In my opinion Brezza alloys wont do any justice with Crossover Look of Scross.just imagine those tiny spokes on big car like Scross.Momo will do full justice with Scross and money. i have changed my tyres to michelins primacy and honestly noise have reduced considerably.sharp turns at high speed feels much more comfortable now.lots of people warned me about Sidewall damage in Michelins but even after 4 5 outstaions trip they are fine Tyre guy told me even Yokohama's are good too.

about projector lights then I can't say anything more as I have less knowledge in this but honestly i am quite happy with it.low beam and High beam coverage is good for me .

in my opinion Stock Grill looks best on darker colours.I am not sure about white or grey but it looks much more classy on Blue and Brown.if you have made your mind then I will advice you to DIY job on grill.I have ordered Carbon fiber Vinyls from aliexpress for some DIY jobs.For ORVM's I will suggest Glossy Carbon fiber Vinyls will do great Job.

Spoiler
I have painted my spoiler in body color i.e in urban Blue Color.it looks good from distance but somehow you can spot the colour difference in Spoiler and Car paint as Spoiler is made up of different material. I have seen many black spoilers on
Duster and it looks out of proportion. not sure about Scross. considering high cost for paint job which is not up to the mark I wish I had done some DIY job on it .

this are my views and I am not trying to break your plans .if you have made up your mind then listen to yourself only and go ahead for more satisfaction.

on side note .if you buying darker shade Scross then i will suggest you to get Crome Bumper protectors from Nexa.I am sure you will like those protectors.

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 27th April 2016 at 09:24.
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 09:41   #4159
BHPian

Quote:
:
My thoughts:
Hi,
First of all congratulations for the 1.6. Have been following your posts closely and it was a good decision to change to 1.6. As Anurag said, there seems to be no need for remapping/ tuning the 1.6. Since you are already happy with the performance of S-cross 1.6, why do you want to tinker with a new engine risking the warranty? My suggestion is to keep it stock, and enjoy it till you get bored of its performance. What will you do when 2-3 years down the line, you are even bored of the remapped S-cross? Since you are planning to keep it for a long time, keep the tuning option for later stage IMO.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 09:48   #4160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Hi,
First of all congratulations for the 1.6. Have been following your posts closely and it was a good decision to change to 1.6. As Anurag said, there seems to be no need for remapping/ tuning the 1.6. Since you are already happy with the performance of S-cross 1.6, why do you want to tinker with a new engine risking the warranty? My suggestion is to keep it stock, and enjoy it till you get bored of its performance. What will you do when 2-3 years down the line, you are even bored of the remapped S-cross? Since you are planning to keep it for a long time, keep the tuning option for later stage IMO.
I second that buddy. I just want to take demo of RD box. Also my grand i10 is hardly run nowadays. So I can use my existing box in S cross. I have the option to drive it in stock mode with RD box and also remove it before going for service. I would be going for remap only after 1-2 years. I would have done it without 2nd thought if it was OBD flash.
Old 27th April 2016, 10:42   #4161
Senior - BHPian

Query for fellow proud SCross owners - Has anyone inquired about the Brezza 16" alloys and whether they fit the SCross like plug-n-play? If the specs match perfectly, I can ask my RM to do this trade for me.

And more importantly, do you guys think that those Brezza alloys would look good on SCross? Mine is a white beauty.
Old 27th April 2016, 10:57   #4162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Query for fellow proud SCross owners - Has anyone inquired about the Brezza 16" alloys and whether they fit the SCross like plug-n-play? If the specs match perfectly, I can ask my RM to do this trade for me.

And more importantly, do you guys think that those Brezza alloys would look good on SCross? Mine is a white beauty.
I expressed my unhappiness about stock alloys of S cross. Accessory guy advised me to go for Brezza alloys telling it has 5 holes and same PCD like S cross. I told him that I will accept this offer only if they buy back my stock alloys for decent price.
Old 27th April 2016, 11:02   #4163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I expressed my unhappiness about stock alloys of S cross. Accessory guy advised me to go for Brezza alloys telling it has 5 holes and same PCD like S cross. I told him that I will accept this offer only if they buy back my stock alloys for decent price.
Absolutely! They have to buy back the stock alloys for a good price, only then we can do this trade. But what do you think in general about the Brezza alloys? Do they look good? Many 'experts' have told me that the stock alloys of SCross, even though look bland to the core, are of amazing quality in terms of sturdiness.
Old 27th April 2016, 11:11   #4164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Absolutely! They have to buy back the stock alloys for a good price, only then we can do this trade. But what do you think in general about the Brezza alloys? Do they look good? Many 'experts' have told me that the stock alloys of SCross, even though look bland to the core, are of amazing quality in terms of sturdiness.
All Maruti cars get alloys made by Enkei. I am confused between Momo/Brezza alloys. Brezza alloys cost 4.5k/unit(approx). Momo is 10.5k/unit(post price hike). Momo will look any day better, but Vit M is making me rethink. If they provide atleast 3k as buy back price, I just need to put around 6k for Brezza alloys and 30k for Momo. I think Brezza alloys would look better than stock S cross alloys.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th April 2016 at 11:12.
Old 27th April 2016, 11:31   #4165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteccross View Post
Taken at the S Cross club drive organised by Popular Nexa, Kochi.
Overwhelmed to see so many crosses plying the streets.
A convoy of 19 cars led the drive from Kochi to Munnar on the 23 rd of April
What is it with Indians and their love for those stupid chrome grills? IMHO, it looks outright ugly and clearly kills the look of the car, be it any car. Already the Indian Scross gets chrome grill unlike the international SCross and then you add 10 kgs of chrome on top of that. I hope the silver chrome-overdosed SCross is not yours. If it is, apologies for sounding too blunt.
Old 27th April 2016, 11:59   #4166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Advice Required On Mods For My Future 1.6

1.Tyres & Alloys

2.Projector lights

3.Wolf remap vs RD dual channel box

4.Grill, Spoiler & ORVM
Just got a call from Nexa - our silver S-Cross 1.6 is finally ready for delivery tonight!
The long wait has got me thinking about mods - thankfully though as the car is quite feature loaded, I have no intentions to do any mods for a couple of years (which is also because it isn't my daily driver), but once the warranty is out and if it becomes my daily driver, here are my comments:

1: Better Tyres & Alloys. As mentioned here, the Brezza rims will look 'OK' IMO. Lots of member's have upgraded their rims, and pics can be found throughout the forum. Personally, this car looks best with a simple alloy wheel design.
Tyres would be Continentals / Michelins as we've had a good experience with them, or Yokos which I've been wanting to try.

2: Projector lights: I am waiting to see how effective they are. Since I wouldn't want to mess around with the projectors, etc. - I'm thinking if changing the fogs (HIDs) + high beam (Halogen Nightbreaker + or similar) would result in satisfactory output.

3: I believe a remap is a much safer & preferred option in the long run, while the RD box is more convenient. If you can wait till warranty expires - get the remap. Use the time to understand the vehicle, so when it is remapped - you can play with the map to ensure it suits your driving style best.
BTW - we got our Laura remapped during it's warranty period, and nearly 35-40Kkm later I am very happy with the decision. Hasn't been detected by the workshop, and the car drives like a beast!

4: The beauty of a wrap is that you can remove it if you don't like it. I would recommend wrapping it, if you like it - stick with it & once you notice a little wear - remove it and get it coloured.
If you don't like it - just remove it.

Some of these options aren't the most cost-effective, but will definitely be a lot more appealing and appeasing in the long run.
lamborghini is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 14:57   #4167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Looks classy. Can you post pictures in the sun as well? And let us know your source
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Looks really good! Please do post a few more pics.
Picture of the whole car with the new grille.
Will post better pics soon.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160421_191331.jpg
kpzen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 15:24   #4168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Picture of the whole car with the new grille.
Will post better pics soon.

Attachment 1501199
It looks much much better now. You should have picked up few more for other team bhpians with S cross
Old 27th April 2016, 15:43   #4169
BHPian

I see 2-3 guys buying the 1.6 soon. When I was going for the purchase I had read through 200+ pages of this review and compiled the below list. Hope it helps.
- These are the tyres/ alloys purchased by users in this forum.
- I could get the prices for some, some I could not.
- Multiple prices shown corresponds to different states. I just wanted to know if there is any huge difference.
- I noted all the alloys and downloaded the pics as well.
- The tyres in yellow are the ones I was looking to replace. Wanted to stick to Michelin.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Prices.xlsx (11.4 KB, 516 views)
shivasi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 16:57   #4170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It looks much much better now. You should have picked up few more for other team bhpians with S cross
Sure doc, next time I shall source few more.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks