Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2016, 17:10   #4171
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Picture of the whole car with the new grille.
Will post better pics soon.

Attachment 1501199
Front looks a bit like Ritz with this grill
Old 27th April 2016, 17:45   #4172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sure doc, next time I shall source few more.
I might be one prospective customer if you are planning to get Urban Blue color

girish
Old 27th April 2016, 19:01   #4173
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Drive the vehicle for a while.
Then consider remap etc.
Frankly the 1.6 320NM does not require any sort of Remap. Its a beast by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I understand your point buddy. I have booked Alpha which comes with HID projectors. Changing the bulbs is out of question here. Problem is with non clear lens of stock projector and 25W ballast.

I went for mods in other 2 cars after warranty period. Since I have experienced the power gain post remap in my SX4,I get very tempted for 1.6 too. As you said, 1.6 stock itself is very good. I am not very sure about remap before my warranty period. But 4 more years?

My thoughts:
1.Try both single and dual channel box from RD. If I am happy with single channel, I will just buy coupler for S cross (2500 rs) and use the single channel box from my grand i10. RD will tweak the box for S cross.
2.If there is very good difference in dual channel box, I might purchase it. I can drive it in stock mode and use power mode only when I feel like.
3.Drive in stock map for 6 months and get it Wolfed.

Considering Vit M, this should be ideal :
Buy coupler for S cross and use my existing RD box and get it remapped after 1-2 years
Old 27th April 2016, 19:06   #4174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Drive the vehicle for a while.
Then consider remap etc.
Frankly the 1.6 320NM does not require any sort of Remap. Its a beast by itself.
I am not saying power is short in 1.6 . Purpose of remap is to improve the driveability(low end) and also better punch at top end. A good remap totally transforms the car. I can't imagine how 1.6 would behave post remap. Lots of torque I thought a lot about remap and decided not to do anytime soon. I might plonk in my existing RD box and use P2 mode once in a while. I will drive in stock most of the times.
Cheers!
Old 27th April 2016, 23:06   #4175
BHPian

Quote:
I am not saying power is short in 1.6 . Purpose of remap is to improve the driveability(low end) and also better punch at top end. A good remap totally transforms the car. I can't imagine how 1.6 would behave post remap. Lots of torque I thought a lot about remap and decided not to do anytime soon. I might plonk in my existing RD box and use P2 mode once in a while. I will drive in stock most of the times.
Cheers!
You can always use the RD box in the city limits and then take it out when you hit the highway Not a bad option at all
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 23:21   #4176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
You can always use the RD box in the city limits and then take it out when you hit the highway Not a bad option at all
I dont need to take the box out. There are four modes and it can be switched via remote. My plan is to drive in stock mode most of the time. I will use P1/P2 whenever I feel like. I am concerned about high pressure fuel pump with single channel box. So I don't want to use it all the time. A dual channel box/remap is much safer. Dual channel box has control on both fuel rail pressure and turbo boost.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th April 2016 at 23:22.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 04:45   #4177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Absolutely! They have to buy back the stock alloys for a good price, only then we can do this trade. But what do you think in general about the Brezza alloys? Do they look good? Many 'experts' have told me that the stock alloys of SCross, even though look bland to the core, are of amazing quality in terms of sturdiness.
The Alloys of the S Cross are designed for that car. I would not put Brezza alloys on the S Cross because the S Cross is inherently heavier and bigger and will have different characteristics while being driven. Additionally, I like the looks of the S Cross alloys and see no reason to change them at all.
It is actually quite a large car. When parked next to the Yeti, I find both almost the same size more or less.
One more thing for those considering the S Cross.
Frankly, the XUV and others cannot come close in build quality, drivability and overall fit/ finish. The S Cross is just the right size for city use as a daily driver.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 06:25   #4178
BHPian

Ever since the price cut, the forum has been hijacked by 1.6 owners and fans.

1.3 zeta is still now a very good deal for anyone wanting a well appointed car to be driven in city limits and occasional highway stretches. All those who want to stick to legal speed limits, those who want an alternative to ecosport, city diesel or ciaz can definitely check out the zeta at 11.2 lacs. Its more equipped than its competition.

For me I get 40% of the 1.6 fun with remap. The engine is so free revving and the low end torque keeps me happy in tight roads round here.

I do not repent the 1.3 decision in city limits. It is much more drivable than 1.6 in city limits. Going for the 1.3 alpha is not worth the money spent after the price cut. (you can very well stretch for the 1.6 zeta, or spend on a 1.6 delta or even splurge on a 1.6 alpha). If S cross is not dead in 2019, I will be switching my hippo for a 1.6 alpha/ grand vitara 1.6.

For all those looking for a diesel car at 10-11 L 1.3 zeta is the one to go for without doubt.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 06:42   #4179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

For all those looking for a diesel car at 10-11 L 1.3 zeta is the one to go for without doubt.
+1

Adding on to that, which car gives 20+KM/L fuel economy in congested city drives? Also, if you are within triple digit speeds on highways, 1.3 Zeta gives 25-26 KM/L
Old 28th April 2016, 09:03   #4180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

1.3 zeta is still now a very good deal for anyone wanting a well appointed car to be driven in city limits and occasional highway stretches. All those who want to stick to legal speed limits, those who want an alternative to ecosport, city diesel or ciaz can definitely check out the zeta at 11.2 lacs. Its more equipped than its competition.

For me I get 40% of the 1.6 fun with remap. The engine is so free revving and the low end torque keeps me happy in tight roads round here.

I do not repent the 1.3 decision in city limits. It is much more drivable than 1.6 in city limits. Going for the 1.3 alpha is not worth the money spent after the price cut. (you can very well stretch for the 1.6 zeta, or spend on a 1.6 delta or even splurge on a 1.6 alpha). If S cross is not dead in 2019, I will be switching my hippo for a 1.6 alpha/ grand vitara 1.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
+1

Adding on to that, which car gives 20+KM/L fuel economy in congested city drives? Also, if you are within triple digit speeds on highways, 1.3 Zeta gives 25-26 KM/L

I would still say stretch for the 1.6 Alpha. Why buy the middle order when you can stretch a bit and get the top spec?

The same thing happened with me and the Yeti almost 5 years ago. I had my heart set on the Ambiente 4x4 which I thought was good enough.
One day at the Golf course a pal of mine said that if I was anyway spending so much, why not put in a couple of lacs more and stretch to buy the Elegance? Because the Elegance was really so very much better in terms of features and stuff, than the Ambiente.

I took his advice. I haven't regretted it one bit since!

So, all things considered, if I were in this market right now, without a doubt I would follow my own earlier experience and now, advice to others! 1.6 Alpha Boss! Nothing comes close.

Im not a mad fan. I am just absolutely 100% CONVINCED of this vehicle and its advantages. Especially in todays world where the Crossover is King and it is absolutely irritating to drive the Indian Roads in a humongous monster vehicle.

The power available in the 1.6 gives you great pleasure. Its feature list is good. It epitomises understated (almost European) elegance and anonymity as a vehicle with minimum bling and chrome and other such bunk.

Its a heck of a car. I know I keep saying that, but Im only stating whats true ad nauseam maybe, but I don't want someone to compromise in their thinking when buying at this moment from this segment.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 09:42   #4181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I would still say stretch for the 1.6 Alpha. Why buy the middle order when you can stretch a bit and get the top spec?
+ 1
I had booked 1.3 Zeta which is around 11.12 lakhs on road in kerala. I was trying to convince my dad every day for 1.6(any variant). Later I changed my booking to 1.6 Alpha which is 14.38 lakhs on road. There is a difference of more than 3 lakhs. Since I am buying car through loan this time, I did not mind paying additional 5k EMI for 1.6. I found it totally worth-5k extra per month for the 1.6 happiness
Old 28th April 2016, 11:09   #4182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
+1

Does the 1.3 actually give 25-26 ? I've read many posts with people getting 25+. Our new Brezza gave just 16 on its first highway run with AC. It's very new. Just 280 on the odo. What kind of efficiency to expect with normal driving ?

I have planned an oil change at 2000 kms. Should I go ahead? I guess all the running in will complete by then. Which synthetic oil would you guys recommend? 5W 30 is the recommended grade. I need some recommendations on oil brands.

Another thing regarding the suspension. I believe the ride quality is same on the SCross and Brezza since they share the same platform. It's very good at speeds higher than 50 kmph but at low speeds and speed breakers the vibrations creep in. I had seen the British review of S Cross which highlighted this isssue.

Maybe I'm as this is an S Cross forum but I feel right at home here since my initial plan was a 1.3 Zeta but had to shift to Brezza ZDi for financial reasons. S Cross is definitely better but not substantially apart from plastic quality.
Old 28th April 2016, 11:31   #4183
Distinguished - BHPian

Dealer is offering me immediate delivery(within 10 days) of 1.6 in white/silver/brown. He is saying no idea about 1.6 alpha in granite grey. I am buying car through loan for the first time. HDFC guy called me just now saying they will transfer the amount to dealer by this month end itself and I have to pay my First EMI only from June 5. If they transfer the amount and delivery of my car gets delayed for some reason, would I be paying EMI without even getting the car?
Old 28th April 2016, 11:45   #4184
BANNED

Quote:
Dealer is offering me immediate delivery(within 10 days) of 1.6 in white/silver/brown. He is saying no idea about 1.6 alpha in granite grey. I am buying car through loan for the first time. HDFC guy called me just now saying they will transfer the amount to dealer by this month end itself and I have to pay my First EMI only from June 5. If they transfer the amount and delivery of my car gets delayed for some reason, would I be paying EMI without even getting the car?
Yes Doc, unfortunately that's how it goes. I had posted a horror story earlier of an acquaintance who was left with paying EMIs on a loan, for a car that never saw the light of day. The reason your SA will be pushing for a white/silver/brown is they have it in stock, and on your confirmation, it hits the books of accounts for this month.

Similarly, for the loan processing guy, it goes under his sales target for the month. I know the time of buying new cars can be quite hallucinating, you want a car that you love so much, you have questions cropping about your decision every second thread you visit, you start zeroing in on your accessories and that next month’s long trip that you have been procrastinating for the new car. Take a step back, relax and know for sure that the deals you may have got, the discounts your have brokered and the car you have selected will all be there the next month, and the month next to that. If you have your heart set on any other color, other than the ones provided to as an option, trust me – you will want to stick to that.

Or else, despite the amount you are ready to splurge, you’ll have a heart-burn at a traffic signal, when you see your favorite car, in your favored color.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 11:57   #4185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to be very firm here, and be very very careful when taking a loan arranged by the dealer. You absolutely must insist that there should be no disbursement until you do a PDI in the stockyard. No exceptions. Only then you are sure that the loan is for the correct car, and that you will be paying EMI for a car that you like and are driving.
In the case of my booking, I had not even given documents for loan processing until I did the PDI.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 28th April 2016 at 11:58. Reason: Added info
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks