Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 19:01   #4201
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi,
Just got my membership approved . Booked an Scross 1.3 Alpha. expected delivery May 9th. Just done with loan process and other formalities.
I must thanks all BHPian's who have posted on this forum which influenced me to book this car.

Initially I had booked "Brezza". Later changed my decision to move to the most under rated car Scross.
pdeep4u is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 20:27   #4202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Even my choice of colours is the same for S cross . Since I have a baleno in premium silver, we went for granite grey colour in S Cross. It looks like black under shade and a lovely color too.
My Granite Grey for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-15.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 20:30   #4203
Sip
BHPian

Hey folks glad to announce my new membership! Thanks Mr Moderator! This forum has definitly expanded my horizons on motoring !

Totally based upon the analysis here I decided for 1.6 Delta S-cross , premium silver ! Booked one on 20 Mar 16 with Ekansh Wheels Ambala. I had total 5 TDs and found 1.3 decently powered and doesn't not feels short of power at all until you try out that BEAST which is easily a class apart for torque lovers! It seems to me that low torque below 1750 RPMs may be pronounced more because of taste of 320 Nm. Official review too mentions that 1.6 has enough torque in low RPMs to get it going. But I can say confidently 1.6 is comparatively lesser on engine noise! I had budget for 1.3 Delta but stretched to 1.6 ! An upgrade from 2011 Alto K10 ! Wow!

Didn't had great Nexa experience for I was promised delivery in 2 weeks but no word on delivery till date. Dealership keeps changing words on delivery. No firm committment on delivery. I have been told that there are some production issues

I want to thank sandygordon for his forthright analysis and not shielding his remorse for not having waited so as to have 1.6. Volkman10 for resourceful inputs, t0m and last but not the least shankarbalan who so effectively puts his arguments !! Though many more guys have contributed thankfully.
Sip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 20:41   #4204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
Hi,
Just got my membership approved . Booked an Scross 1.3 Alpha. expected delivery May 9th. Just done with loan process and other formalities.
I must thanks all BHPian's who have posted on this forum which influenced me to book this car.

Initially I had booked "Brezza". Later changed my decision to move to the most under rated car Scross.
I think Maruti should use this as tagline for S-Cross ... The most underrated car.

The kind of cult following we have for this car is comparable to HOG, RE, and Apple.

Largely... it seems S-Cross owners are passionate people who love expressing themselves and exploring their car and talking about it.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th April 2016 at 21:20. Reason: Smileys deleted.
@viral is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 22:37   #4205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
I think Maruti should use this as tagline for S-Cross ... The most underrated car.

The kind of cult following we have for this car is comparable to HOG, RE, and Apple.

Largely... it seems S-Cross owners are passionate people who love expressing themselves and exploring their car and talking about it.
Maruti should have atleast created half the hype they created for Brezza, then this car would have been an instant hit.

Thanks to the pricing and the other factors which made it a non option for buyers like us initially.

Now that through this forum I see sales of Scross is steadily increasing, hope that this sustains for upcoming months.

Finally let me tell you S-Cross bookings were majorly influenced by this forum reviews and ownership posts rather than that of Maruti ads.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th April 2016 at 21:20. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
pdeep4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 23:50   #4206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
My Granite Grey for reference.
Your car looks lovely in this shade.

BTW how good or bad is this shade in hiding scratches?? For example silvers hide the minor scratches very nicely, whereas its a pain to maintain a darker shade. Where does Granite grey stand??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 06:42   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Your car looks lovely in this shade.

BTW how good or bad is this shade in hiding scratches?? For example silvers hide the minor scratches very nicely, whereas its a pain to maintain a darker shade. Where does Granite grey stand??

Regards,
Shashi
Thank you Shashi !!!

Granite grey is very poor in hiding scratches. It's in the same league of Black.

I prefer darker shades. Actually was looking for a Midnight black in S-Cross. It was/is not available and hence went for the next preferred shade.
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 06:43   #4208
BHPian

Has anyone received the following SMS from VM- MARUTI

Dear Customer, S-Cross has been upgraded with Apple Car Play. Visit nearest NEXA*dealer workshop to get a*free upgrade of your SmartPlay Infotainment. NEXA
kartikoak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 07:28   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post

Dear Customer, S-Cross has been upgraded with Apple Car Play. Visit nearest NEXA*dealer workshop to get a*free upgrade of your SmartPlay Infotainment. NEXA
Okay, I just the other messages about the same message. I just got the cars 1k service done and they did do a software update. Don't remember the number D16 or something like that...
Old 29th April 2016, 09:11   #4210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Shashi !!!

Granite grey is very poor in hiding scratches. It's in the same league of Black.

I prefer darker shades. Actually was looking for a Midnight black in S-Cross. It was/is not available and hence went for the next preferred shade.
Ya, granite grey is a lovely color but difficult to maintain like black. Silver was more of a practical choice. But I have SX4 and Baleno is silver. Your car looks really good in this shade.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 11:34   #4211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post

I too got it
Good initiative to send messages. RM messaged as well.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160429_105324.png
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 11:39   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Shashi !!!

Scross in Midnight black look elegant. Maruti should have introduced this new color for 2016 Models atleast

International Scross has this color and its certainly makes a WOW effect..
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-4.jpg  

Old 29th April 2016, 11:42   #4213
Distinguished - BHPian

I am trying to find good alloys for my S cross as I mentioned before. Alloy dealer sent me these pics of Neo alloys. Price quoted is 32k and Momo 16 inch in 42k. Are Neo alloys that expensive? Momo rates are same even in Sai mag wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160428wa0006.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160428wa0005.jpg  

Old 29th April 2016, 13:09   #4214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
+ 1
I had booked 1.3 Zeta which is around 11.12 lakhs on road in kerala. I was trying to convince my dad every day for 1.6(any variant). Later I changed my booking to 1.6 Alpha which is 14.38 lakhs on road. There is a difference of more than 3 lakhs. Since I am buying car through loan this time, I did not mind paying additional 5k EMI for 1.6. I found it totally worth-5k extra per month for the 1.6 happiness
Congraz Dr on moving to 1.6 top variant.

The on road price is it really 14.38 Lac.. that a good price I must say. When I enquired for top end 1.6 the price quoted was "Rs 15,54,341". That's a lac more than your price. Hence ended up booking 1.3 version top end.

I know price varies for each states but form you city to Bangalore the price difference is too noticeable.
Old 29th April 2016, 13:26   #4215
Distinguished - BHPian

With due respect to all members who have purchased S-Cross and have changed their alloys, I'm somehow not convinced. Although the alloys don't look that great, the alloys on S-Cross are well built and feel more robust compared to a few of them I've seen here. It might be my ignorance but won't the alloys with lesser contact area between rim and spokes lead to a fatigue fracture like it was seen on XUVs with company fitted spare alloys? I know that the original alloys don't look that great but maybe they've been made such keeping in mind the high torque from 1.6 or the Indian road conditions or maybe both?

Dear Mods, can we have a better smiley for posts rather than this frowning one? Most of the times, it doesn't gel well with the context.
BoneCollector is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks