Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:15   #4276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post

Only problem is the clearly visible rusting at the centre of the wheel. Is it common? If not what may be the alternative. Also, is there a place where I can get a cap just to cover that rusting?
@Girish, It looks good without those wheel caps.
Did you try if normal hub caps from Dezire LDi / VDi fit. They are available for a song in any MGA stores.
If I am not wrong, 1.3 Sigma comes with hub caps. You can try them too.

If not, after cleaning the rust with some rubbing and WD40, you can spray paint in black.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 3rd May 2016 at 09:42.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:21   #4277

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Sahil, Just wondering - is your mileage highway exclusive?? I have never managed to cross 14 while driving exclusively in the City. My mileage usually hovers in the 12-13 mark in the city and I dont drive very aggressively. In highways, however, I manage to get close to 20 every time - this even with some spirited driving in stretches.
Hi Vigkey,
I leave early to office and come a little late, generally avoiding the traffic. So for me conditions have been same but drop in FE by 2-3 kmpl after second service.

But bigger issue for me is the AC issue, which developed all of a sudden.
320NmThunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:08   #4278
BHPian

Hi All,

Can you please confirm if all of you guys are getting steering vibration at higher speed. Please note that I changed alloys and upgraded the tyres to P7 215. Previously I was getting vibration at 10-20 more than 100 km/hr but after installing centre hub rings, vibration is shifted further 30-40 more than 100 km/hr. I am not saying that i always race my car at that higher speed but sometime at vacant roads you cannot resist to test your 1.6 engines and i just need to confirm if i am at any risk here.
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:59   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
@Girish, It looks good without those wheel caps.
Did you try if normal hub caps from Dezire LDi / VDi fit. They are available for a song in any MGA stores.
If I am not wrong, 1.3 Sigma comes with hub caps. You can try them too.

If not, after cleaning the rust with some rubbing and WD40, you can spray paint in black.
Thanks for the inputs Prasanna. Will try to see whether I can get some center hubs for the wheels. Hope they look good.
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:38   #4280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
Can you please confirm if all of you guys are getting steering vibration at higher speed. Please note that I changed alloys and upgraded the tyres to P7 215. Previously I was getting vibration at 10-20 more than 100 km/hr but after installing centre hub rings, vibration is shifted further 30-40 more than 100 km/hr. I am not saying that i always race my car at that higher speed but sometime at vacant roads you cannot resist to test your 1.6 engines and i just need to confirm if i am at any risk here.
Hi chaudharysaab, I too was getting vibrations at 125+ kmph speeds initially - when I had upgraded the alloys and not fixed hub rings. When I fixed the hub rings, the vibration shifted to lower speeds of 110+ kmph. I was very very frustrated with this. As a last try, I got my wheels balanced once again (The balancing was done when the alloys were fitted for the first time). This worked - I have tried some good speeds and the vibration was absent. May be you can try to get the wheels balanced and that might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
just want to share my little experience last week.while returning from Bandra Worli Sea Link I had some doubts in my mind about steering vibrations (Lots of people have faced this).i have swapped the OEM alloys for Momo's without any Hub rings and i was expecting some vibrations.Saw some long free space ahead of me and decided to clear my doubts.pressed the right foot hard beyond my limit(I never runs the car over 100 in city limits).to my surprise there were ZERO vibrations on steering .I was around 140km/hr for about a minute or more and felt zero vibrations and car was rock solid with some little Road noise inside cabin.have to say I am more than happy with Michelin Primacy 3st
Good that you got a chance to clear your doubts. If there is no vibration even without hub rings, it is really good. Now, you dont have to worry at all - Right!!
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:42   #4281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I too changed my booking to 1.6 last week. There is no 1.6 in stock/transit now at mangalore. Dealer said they are yet to receive the monthly allotment by Maruti. If my 1.6 granite grey Alpha is not there is list, I wouldn't get car this month Which colour did you book? I see couple of 1.6 in premium silver colour delivered recently in this thread.
My case goes like this hope you get something out of this.
Initially booked 1.3 Alpha almost a month back. SA promised the delivery will happen on May 9th. I had also completed my loan process. But On Apr 30th gets a call saying that the truck carrying my car has met with an accident and they wont be able to deliver the car on the promised date.

Now I had left with 2 options. Either to wait ( no specific timeline on this) or to go for car from available stock. I choose the later one.

In stock they had 3 options form the allotted stock form Maruti.
- 1.3 Zeta white color.
- 1.6 Alpha Urban blue.
- 1.6 Alpha premium Silver.

Finally after lot of confusion ended up selecting 1.6 Alpha Urban blue. Silver was my second preference thought,

Hopefully they get your Granite Grey sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Upon some analysis it seems there is some problem with 1.6 deliveries, some questions-

a- Why there are no 1.6 with various dealers ?

b- I booked car on 20 mar and sent complaint for delay in delivery on 20 Apr and pursuing as vigorously as possible but till date NEXA has not committed a timeline for delivery. My complaint is yet to resolved.

c - dealership completely mum on the issue. Feels like a fool with money in my pocket and not getting my car for last 20 days. Earlier around 6 Apr dealer promised delivery in a week than suddenly things became mysterious !

Hope it is resolved at the earliest.
My take here is, Maruti is mostly manufacturing 1.3 Zeta and 1.6 alpha moving colors and allotting them to Nexa dealers on monthly basis. If your you had booked any other variant the dealer might give reasons and force you pick one form their avaialbe stock. I cant see any of 1.6 variants apart from Alpha being sold recently. Same with that of 1.3 as well where the push is for zeta variant.

Quote:
Hi All,

I am not a expert here, but with my driving experience of 10 yrs I can say this steering vibration issue is specific to wheel balancing. I had faced similar issues with my Wagon R I was getting vibration just after 80 km just after service. The main culprit was the wheel balancing machine. This issue was escalated to service mgr and they accepted the fault. After getting my balancing done form outside I was able to drive upto 130 km without any fuzz.

So better get your wheels balancing done outside in some reputed tyre shops. Still if you face any issue then contact your SA at the earliest.
pdeep4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:05   #4282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Can you please confirm if all of you guys are getting steering vibration at higher speed.
Quote:
As a last try, I got my wheels balanced once again (The balancing was done when the alloys were fitted for the first time). This worked - I have tried some good speeds and the vibration was absent. May be you can try to get the wheels balanced and that might help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
I am not a expert here, but with my driving experience of 10 yrs I can say this steering vibration issue is specific to wheel balancing.Still if you face any issue then contact your SA at the earliest.
As Vigkey and pdeep4u suggested, you must go for balancing and alignment from a reputed tyre shop. get your tyres checked for any kind of (even minor) deformity if you still face the problem. My K10 has faulty JK tyres which were diagnosed to be slightly oval instead of circular after 2 years of suffering. Finally one of the balancing guy dignosed the issue and JK replaced two of my tyres.
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:46   #4283
BHPian

Quote:

Good that you got a chance to clear your doubts. If there is no vibration even without hub rings, it is really good. Now, you dont have to worry at all - Right!!
When I swapped my alloys they added around 700 gram of weights on all 4 tyres, may be that's why I am not getting any vibrations now. Mostly 99% times balancing is done when alloys are changed.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd May 2016 at 14:17. Reason: Fixing quote tag. Please also ensure that your sentences begin with capital letters as edited above. Thanks!
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:54   #4284
BHPian

Re: 1.3 to 1.6 - Plans for a first upgrade in teambhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Another option is to sell the 1.3 and book the 1.6 alpha. Do the same swaps. The current price OTR for alpha is 14.25 lacs. If I get 9.5 lacs for the 1.3 I ll have to cough out another 5L (EMI increase of 8000-9000 INR). Had I bought the 1.6 when it was launched I would have got it for 15.2 L(16.3 - 90k refund). So I ll be spending an additional of 2.5 L.

What do you think guys....?
Wish you were in Pune. I would have forced you to sell your vehicle to me at 9.5 lacs . I am one of the prospective buyers of 1.3 as it will be mostly driven by the driver.

On the other hand, don't look back at your decisions. It only hurts. Enjoy the vehicle for few years and then sell it off. You might get even better option then in the market. Selling now is too big a financial loss.

Last edited by sups : 3rd May 2016 at 13:55.
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:03   #4285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should I
a) Sell the hippo and buy the 1.6 delta 2015
b) Sell the hippo and buy the 1.6 alpha 2016
c) Wait for the new S Cross due in 2018

What do you thing is the good deal. Those who have the delta, chip in with your thoughts. I need to take a decision by this weekend.
I do not own a S cross, but I would suggest to keep your enthusiast self calm for 2018 launch. I say this because the 2018 launch might be be such a mouthwatering package that you would want to sell 1.6 for that one. That in turn would be more strain on your pocket. My viewpoint id solely based on economy of swap and nothing else.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:24   #4286
BANNED

Quote:
Should I
The "power-hungry" enthusiast in you will always look for more power. As the market will tempt you with more and more options on every passing day, it will be very difficult to satisfy all your "wants" without affecting your financial state. So, my "request" (I am an environmentalist and "Gandhian" by nature ) is to continue using the 1.3 for another 2-3 years, and select from the then-available options. Who knows, you may get a Super-Turbo Grand Vitara with a 2L 200BHP engine then?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd May 2016 at 16:26.
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:48   #4287
Senior - BHPian

I read in previous posts that next gen S-Cross is coming up in 2018?

Is it so? Any confirmed news?
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:59   #4288
Distinguished - BHPian

Good news for people waiting for 1.6 S cross!!

Bharath Nexa, Mangalore informed me today that they have one grey 1.6 Alpha in transit. I have booked at Mandovi Nexa and bank has already transferred the loan amount to dealer. So it would be difficult for me to cancel the booking and buy from other Nexa dealer at mangalore. I was worried that there is some delay in delivery of 1.6 due to some issue. Since maruti has shipped 1.6 this month from factory, I am bit relieved. Also I am being told by both dealers that delta and zeta 1.6 has very low production leading to increased waiting period.

Few pics clicked at dealership-Base & Top Variant comparo
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160502_144245.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160502_144321.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160502_144238.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd May 2016 at 18:06.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:09   #4289
BANNED

Dear Sandy,

First off all I'd like to appreciate your bravery and honesty to come out of the box and accept that 1.3 was not the correct choice. Now, as to who to blame, Maruti or yourself is not going to yield any fruitful results as we all know that Maruti screwed up with the pricing big time and as a result, the consumers had to suffer.

Part (a) of my post:

If majority (or all?) of the above opinions are considered by you and you have decided to continue with your 1.3, go ahead. You have saved yourself with a considerable finacial outflow at the cost of your happiness. But, in the end its the bank balance that always matters. Isn't it?....no?

But while continuing with 1.3, if it still hurts you that it's the wrong car then you may consider joining a Support group or rather create one if there's isn't one in your area.
In the group, all the guys who bought 1.3 due to the pricing blunder by Maruti can console them saying how they still think 1.3 is still good and may even try to light it's benefits over the 1.6 beast.
And how due to local manufacturing of 1.3, the engine replacement is going to cost so less than it's fully imported counterpart
And not too forget the group hugs, they are of great solace.Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-images-6.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-images-7.jpg

But please my advice to all group members would be to not log into Team-bhp ever because reading through all the praises here for 1.6 here(which are a lot these days) will be not good for their 'tratment'.

Part (b) of my post:

Now coming to my actual and serious advice:

Go for the 1.6 eyes closed even it pinches you financially.

Because life is all about decisions. When you'll look back at your 1.3, it'll always remind you of one bad decisions (circumstamces be damned)
Just take the loss, fullfill your dream but then work hard to cover up the loss and also put your life into economy mode for some time. Oh, and don't worry the 1.6 will ensure that your commutes and travels are always on the Sport Mode.

Because at the end of all these, when you'll look back at your decision which gave you happiness over money will make you smile, will keep you happy. Remind you that not all things come easily. Sometimes you have to ask for them.

P.S.- No offence to any 1.3 owners. I hope you'll take my post in a light mood. Because the first part is meant in that way only.

Cheers!!
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:34   #4290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

On going from the 1.3 alpha to 1.6 delta, I will be losing (what I feel I ll lose)
- leather wrapped steering
- automatic climate control, navigation
- leather seats
- rear defogger
I dont care about HID, automatic, cruise control or rear wiper

Should I

What do you thing is the good deal. Those who have the delta, chip in with your thoughts. I need to take a decision by this weekend.
Sounds like a good deal! If you can afford it without any serious compromises (now and future unforeseen circumstances) - do it! Keep the heart happy, especially because it's going to be for a long period of time. You don't want the pinch of envy every time a 1.6 overtakes you on the highway.

You would love the performance upgrade, but do check out the car over an extended TD if possible keeping in mind the turbo-lag and clutch.

Regarding features - you can get upgrades after market, and in the case of leather etc - maybe even better quality. However, you may miss the defogger and wiper during the monsoons, owing to it's hatchback shape. But there are work-arounds (though not as successful) - such as using RainX, etc.

Get the 2015 Delta as it makes the most sense. Spend the extra on some nice accessories.
No point waiting another 2 years for the new S-Cross - because the wait never ends, there is always something better around the corner.

Last edited by lamborghini : 3rd May 2016 at 18:36.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed